Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened (699 Views)

5 Silly Things Nigerian Men Say That Turns Ladies Off / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / Ten Silly Things Girls Should Stop In 2018/pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by News0003: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Here is compilation of top 15 “silly ” things that really happened in the world, while many are quite funny, some are quite embarrassing. Compilation by News9naija

1, In 2007, Scotland spent six months of research and $162,972 (£125,000) to create a new slogan that would boost tourism. They came up with “Welcome to Scotland.”
Source: Daily Rcord

2. Joan Miro painting was sold for $37,000,000 in 2012.

Joan Miro’s 1927 work Peinture (Etoile Bleue) has sold for more than £23.5 million in London, setting a new auction record for the Spanish painter. Below is painting.

Source: BBC

3. Chinese man buys 99 iPhone 6s to propose to girlfriend on Single’s Day – only to be rejected

Source: Independent UK

4. Nigerian Police arrested and detained goat accused of armed robbery in 2009.

‘The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them. ‘However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat,’ Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed said.

Source: Daily Mail

5. Mona Lisa was stolen from the Louvre in 1911, which attracted more visitors to see the empty space than the actual painting itself.

But what really catapulted the small, unassuming portrait to international stardom was a daring burglary over 100 years ago.When Italian handyman Vincenzo Peruggia stole the Mona Lisa from the Louvre in 1911, he never could have guessed her absence would be the very thing that made her the most recognizable painting on the planet.

Source: CNN

6. Man who robbed bank to get away from wife sentenced to home confinement.

Lawrence John Ripple handed a note to a bank teller in Kansas City demanding cash and warning he had a gun. Ripple took the money, $2,924, and went to sit in the lobby, where he told a guard he was the “guy he was looking for.”

Source: New York Post

7. The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) was founded on April Fool’s Day (April 1) in 1930.

Source: Nigerian Stories

8. The CIA spent millions of dollars installing spy equipment inside the body of a cat only to have it run over by a car on its first test mission.

When it came time for the inaugural mission, CIA agents released their rookie agent from the back of a nondescript van and watched eagerly as he set out on his mission. Acoustic Kitty dashed off toward the embassy, making it all of 10 feet before he was unceremoniously struck by a passing taxi and killed.

Source: The Atlantic

9. A Japanese soldier, Hiroo Onoda, stayed hidden for 29 years after WWII ended because he didn’t know the war was over.

Source: Wikipedia

10. In 1508, Autun, France pressed charges on rats for destroying barley crops. The lawyer representing the rats argued that the court’s summons wasn’t specific enough to his clients & that Autun’s cat population made it unsafe for his clients to come to court.The rats were acquitted.

Source: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barth%C3%A9lemy_de_Chasseneuz]Wikipedia[/url]

11. Troy Leon Gregg was a death row inmate in Georgia. He escaped from prison in July, 1980, the night before his set date for execution, but died the following night in a bar fight in North Carolina.
Source: Murderpedia
[img=https://www.news9naija.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/gregg_001.jpg][/img]

12. Clement Vallandigham, a lawyer who, while trying to demonstrate how the victim might have accidentally shot himself, shot himself and died. He then won the case.

Source: History, Arts And Archives; United States House Of Representatives

13. A man tried to rob a bank after paying $500 to a wizard to make him invisible.

The man’s ill-fated attempt to rob the bank started to go wrong after he entered the bank and started randomly snatching money from the hands of customers, before they decided to act quickly and overpower the thief.

The man told the court, ‘I made a mistake. I understand now what a big trick was played on me.’

Source: Factual Facts

14. In 2014, a man from Arizona stole a diamond worth $160k and traded it for $20 of weed.

Source: ABC News

15. A man was once accidentally released from prison 90yrs early due to clerical error. The Colorado man had started a family and held a steady job for several years between 2008 and 2014 before police realized their mistake and incarcerated him again.

Colorado’s House of Representatives unanimously endorsed a resolution on Friday, April 21, 2017 urging the governor to grant him clemency.

Source: National Post

Which of these silly acts/events got you cracked up the most? feel free to add yours, dont spoil the fun

Source: https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/03/top-15-silly-things-that-really-happened/
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by News0003: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/03/top-15-silly-things-that-really-happened/

If you want to comment, try no to quote all the post, you may get banned by anti spam bot.

lets get the fun rolling
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by paulolee(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
wow..the most silly are thath rubbish painting, naija police arresting a goat, naija police bin founded on April fools day, dm for wait for the next day na, no wonder our police **,....the rat lawyer seriously defending rats and won the case,...the thief that paid such money for invincible charm, but the oga pata pata of dm all na that realest nigge dt traded $160k diamond for weed of $20 and its a black dude( blacks no dull lyk dis naa)
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by Fidelismaria: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2020

no wonder Nigeria police force act like absolute f**ls

They were founded on April fools day

Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by News0003: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
paulolee:
wow..the most silly are thath rubbish painting, naija police arresting a goat, naija police bin founded on April fools day, dm for wait for the next day na, no wonder our police **,....the rat lawyer seriously defending rats and won the case,...the thief that paid such money for invincible charm, but the oga pata pata of dm all na that realest nigge dt traded $160k diamond for weed of $20 and its a black dude( blacks no dull lyk dis naa)

From the source i got his picture, they saved it as "dummy"

I wan roll for ground
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by paulolee(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
News0003:

From the source i got his picture, they saved it as "dummy"

I wan roll for ground
real dummy my gee...diamond dt add more value wit time, af least he shud av sold it for a good price or bcoz of a good reason naa...bt bcoz of just weed?? d guy no try atall
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bullshit grin
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by News0003: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
paulolee:

real dummy my gee...diamond dt add more value wit time, af least he shud av sold it for a good price or bcoz of a good reason naa...bt bcoz of just weed?? d guy no try atall
lets just say the guy needed to puff
Re: Top 15 “silly” Things That Really Happened by News0003: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Bullshit grin

Maybe i will modify the thread to

Top 15 Bullshit that really happened cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Am Proud To Be A Pr0stitute - Lady Brags As She Reveals Her Achievements(vid) / Our Yahoo Boys Wise Up / Lady Found Dead Days After Voicing Out About Her Rape (photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.