Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape (955 Views)

The Thin Line Between Redpill And Hating Women / 'Dear Money, Come And Rape Me Mercilessly' - Nigerian Slay Queen. Photos / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by oliviatwist: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Given the rape accusations currently flying around, i thought it best to educate the ladies and gentlemen here about badgering. Badgering is when a girl says no but the guy begs, coerce, convince, manipulate, feign anger or actually gets angry and more, all in a bid to make a lady say yes to sex with him. Some eventually give in after some time, it can even be hours of back and forth, struggling to keep their underwear on while the guy tries to take them off, fear of souring a good relationship, fear of how bad it is threatening to/might get, being able cope better with that idea than that of rape, etc. While badgering is not a crime because "technically", it isn't rape, she can still leave feeling just as hurt and scarred. If you leave the shores of Nigeria and a lady says it is rape, good luck proving otherwise, especially when there is a broken finger here, a little torn or slacked clothing there from the back and forth and so on. Please educate the boys and girls around you - NO means NO!!! There is a thin difference between rape and badgering and while badgering isnt technically a crime in Nigeria, it is not okay. Badgering is almost a norm in Nigeria and you have to be really strong willed to successfully go through it without sex if he doesn't move to rape but unfortunately a lot of ladies aren't that strong willed, doesn't mean she is ending up having sex with you cause she wants to.
Ladies, the next time a guy tries to badger you into sex, try to make him understand you mean no and what his coercion represents.
Guys, the next time a girl says no, please leave her alone, don't be a badgerer.

2 Likes

Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by ThePsychopath(f): 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
oliviatwist:
Given the rape accusations currently flying around, i thought it best to educate the ladies and gentlemen here about badgering. Badgering is when a girl says no but the guy begs, coerce, convince, manipulate, feign anger or actually gets angry and more, all in a bid to make a lady say yes to sex with him. Some eventually give in after some time, it can even be hours of back and forth, struggling to keep their underwear on while the guy tries to take them off, fear of souring a good relationship, fear of how bad it is threatening to/might get, being able cope better with that idea than that of rape, etc. While badgering is not a crime because "technically", it isn't rape, she can still leave feeling just as hurt and scarred. If you leave the shores of Nigeria and a lady says it is rape, good luck proving otherwise, especially when there is a broken finger here, a little torn or slacked clothing there from the back and forth and so on. Please educate the boys and girls around you - NO means NO!!! There is a thin difference between rape and badgering and while badgering isnt technically a crime in Nigeria, it is not okay. Badgering is almost a norm in Nigeria and you have to be really strong willed to successfully go through it without sex if he doesn't move to rape but unfortunately a lot of ladies aren't that strong willed, doesn't mean she is ending up having sex with you cause she wants to.
Ladies, the next time a guy tries to badger you into sex, try to make him understand you mean no and what his coercion represents.
Guys, the next time a girl says no, please leave her alone, don't be a badgerer.

Seun, farano, Rocktation, lalasticlala, please help me educate our community and put this on the front page.

U b man wey get sense daz if u b man

4 Likes

Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by oliviatwist: 4:14am On Jun 04, 2020
ThePsychopath:

U b man wey get sense daz if u b man
Thanks! I'm a lady though.
The mods will refuse to push this, men will run from it cause 90% of them are guilty of badgering.

2 Likes

Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by anochuko01(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2020
Unfortunately, many rape cases are of ladies who were manipulated into having sex and then abandoned after it.
Imagine the one who said her own boyfriend raped her, after she left Ife to warri to see him in a hotel. But she never said a thing until the relationship ended.

While I suggest a death sentence for rapists, I would also suggest that fake accusers (WHICH INCLUDES BEING MANIPULATED) should be made to pay not less than 800k or much more based on what she's worth and the level of damage made.
Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by ThePsychopath(f): 11:34am On Jun 04, 2020
oliviatwist:

Thanks! I'm a lady though.
The mods will refuse to push this, men will run from it cause 90% of them are guilty of badgering.

U r very correct!

1 Like

Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by oliviatwist: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2020
anochuko01:
Unfortunately, many rape cases are of ladies who were manipulated into having sex and then abandoned after it.
Imagine the one who said her own boyfriend raped her, after she left Ife to warri to see him in a hotel. But she never said a thing until the relationship ended.

While I suggest a death sentence for rapists, I would also suggest that fake accusers (WHICH INCLUDES BEING MANIPULATED) should be made to pay not less than 800k or much more based on what she's worth and the level of damage made.
Growing up,I felt the worst thing that could happen to me was rape so I definitely want every rapist to suffer but as a healthcare worker tasked with promoting life and a christian that believes only God that gives life should take life, taking the life of a rapist is too extreme yet too merciful to me. I believe they should be locked up for a long time (very very long time for pedophiles) and made to live with the consequence of their action, suffer for it and spend their prime locked up. Those that end up causing death through it should definitely get life.
Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by ferdvict2(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Okay. They will hear
Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by Sanishu: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2020
Bros this badgering na was poop . ladies love am die.she fit ask for money in the process.
Re: The Thin Line Between Badgering And Rape by oliviatwist: 4:49am On Jun 05, 2020
Sanishu:
Bros this badgering na was poop . ladies love am die.she fit ask for money in the process.
You see! This is what I was talking about. Nigerian guys see absolutely nothing wrong with badgering and that's quite unfortunate. By the way, by ladies I bet you're not talking about mature and sophisticated ones who know what they want, more likely adolescent ones with a less than faint understanding of how the world works

(1) (Reply)

Come Back Home Unannounced. / Mum Allegedly Rape His 12 Year Old son Until He almost Fainted / Win 10m Or Your Best Friend Wins 100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.