Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos (48068 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Any reasonable Igbo man that came to Lagos and return to the East poor is cursed.
What happens to a second missionary journey?
Some came and made it straight away, many would come, get flabbergasted with events and loss focus thereby derailing and falling off favor, return home empty and thereafter make a successful comeback.
Destiny has a place in everyone's life.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Luckydubby7(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
ClitRaider:

Even if they're doubled, how on Earth will you board a bus from Oshodi to Ikeja @400?
Even a Uber won't charge that much.
Where is your area?
. Last 2 weeks Friday, oshodi to Ikeja along was 500 to 600. I have to trek it because I saw everybody treking it.

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
xynerise:
There are some point you feel like parking your car along the road and take a bike home.

Traffic can frustrate your life

I can never forget the day I drove from the office to the hospital because I was feeling feverish, unfortunately for me there was serious traffic. I collapsed on the steering and it was the Lastma and Police that resuscitated me.

The traffic in Lagos is crazy

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by keke87(m): 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
It seems you don't go out.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by johnnychuks(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:

Your head de there.
I hail you for seeing reason to that bro.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Luckydubby7(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
There are little or no advantages of living in Lagos. We are all managing here.

5 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by passionberry(f): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
lekki1444:
DISADVANTAGE too many mad aggressive pipo
am telling,mad,rude,crazy people

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by passionberry(f): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=Davash222 post=90299005]2500 from Ikeja to Lekki phase one
Seems you used Caverton private Jet? [/quote
grin..kai..]but he is not lying about the fare cos of two per sit hence price increment..
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by passionberry(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Davash222:
2500 from Ikeja to Lekki phase one
Seems you used Caverton private Jet?
Lols..e be like say you go too like quarrel pass fight.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Chrisbella24(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

You obviously didn't read my comment well enough to understand the message i passed across.

Read mine again.

Slowly wink
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by marisdgreat(f): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thats why I love my 042 state, with cheap transport fare to and fro, lesser traffics, enough relaxation centers to spend ur money with even change untop of it. e better make I stay here dey earn 40k than to come lag dey earn 80k.

6 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by oloko1859(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

You be jolly just come truly ..No offence
100 naira bus would have taken you to Maryland b/stop where you can easily hop into BRT or Yaba/obalende bus which is 300 naira max.
When you alight at Obalende, there are array of buses plying Lekki/Law school/Sandfill/Jakande to Ajah route for 250-300 naira (may be slightly higher due to this pandemic but it can never be more than 500).
Return journey is quite easy :Lekki-Oshodi, tell the driver you'd alight at Anthony , cross over to UBA under bridge and take Ikeja (Allen or Ikeja under bridge for 200).
Next time ask people around you how to navigate journeys, it will save you time and money.

Those fares are almost if not double now
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Jomandi13(m): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fragility6:

Light rail we'hv bin hearing about since Fashola's time. Sanwo-olu go rule e two tenures complete dem neva finish am.Wat are we saying?
It’s still an on-going project,very massive and expensive.That is why it is taking long to complete.However,if you want to earn money watching promotional advert,Herein is the link
https://oalvideon.xyz/102244276087732
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by oloko1859(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
Beedude:
I actually hate Lagos life. Too stressful and sometimes hard to break even due to the high cost of living.
I have resided in all S/W state for a minimum of 1yr.
I was in Ibadan last year and ordered a taxi, he charged me 800 for a trip u can compare with Ikorodu to Ikeja. Madam was still trying to bargain, i just smiled and gave him 1k. He was very happy.
My plan is to hustle in Lag for the next 5yrs, expand my business tentacles to Ibadan or Ogun and relocate immediately.

If u aren't careful in Lag, u will end up being a tenant at the age of 50

Very true, I envy some of my friends living outside Lagos and have already built their own houses with nice cars. Funny thing is some don't even earn what you earn and yet live comfortably

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by oloko1859(m): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
neoclassical:
This is pure truth. I will never advise a fresh graduate to come to Lagos and hustle. The town can waste your years and before you know it, you are approaching 40 years. You will end up working for Landlord and for payment of different bills. If you are the type that likes life, bro you are gone.

On the contrary, I'll advice a fresh graduate to come to Lagos. It'll expose you to things you could never learn in the classroom. It'll help in mind grooming and prepare such person for future opportunities. You'll understand what competition and smartness really is.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Luckydubby7(m): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
oloko1859:

On the contrary, I'll advice a fresh graduate to come to Lagos. It'll expose you to things you could never learn in the classroom. It'll help in mind grooming and prepare such person for future opportunities. You'll understand what competition and smartness really is.
. How many fresh graduates presently living in lag u have help so far.

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by oloko1859(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goddys:
Lagos is the worst place to live. I have lived here for 12 years now.

Aside corporate offices and opportunities which are now nonexistent, life here is hard, brutish and unworthy.

I have not recorded any good material achievement here since I graduated.

Many people are suffering and pretending here.

Securing a good paying graduate job here is extremely difficult.

See the attached photo

That rice is Awolowo way, Ikeja opposite Airport Hotel. I remember when my friends from Ib came into town and we went to get food there, they were just yelling at the cost of food at a roadside canteen

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by oloko1859(m): 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. How many fresh graduates presently living in lag u have help so far.

LOL, it's Lagos that'll help them and not me nah. You know the phrase 'e go better'

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
oloko1859:

Those fares are almost if not double now

I totally get it that fares have been hiked but common, 2500 naira for Ikeja to Lekki and back home is astronomical. I have been shuttling from Maryland to Victoria island for over 2 weeks and I don't spend 1300 naira on transport fares let alone someone who lives stone throw away from Maryland.
One of my question to OP was why journey to Oshodi when you can alight at Anthony and trek to under bridge (UBA) and board a bus to Ikeja or use the Anthony-Maryland Mall link via bike and connect Maryland b/stop (Mobil fueling station) where he can easily get Ikeja for 200-250 which was 100 naira before the Chinese virus came through Buhari's kinsmen. I drive sometime and i do pick 3 early morning birds to Victoria island (Ajose Adeogun) for 300 naira each.
This is not a matter of frugality but common sense.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Any reasonable Igbo man that came to Lagos and return to the East poor is cursed.

Are you not CURSED already with the way you think?

Some folks go to Lagos failed completely, relocated and hit it big.

Small pikin brain and reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by saxietohgbaskie(m): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lekki- iyana oworo 300 or 400 at most then ikeja 200naira 300naira at most i stay in lekki and work at ikeja.
landforeast:

If not more than Self
From Lekki to Oshodi is 700, from Oshodi to Ikeja 400 no be 1100 be that, I entered 200 again down to my house no be 1300 be that. This is just for returning home I don't want to go into how much I spent going
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Proudlytips: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
many disadvantages

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:
The village is better,

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

I swear lol... Lagos is too expensive.....

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Naija246:
how is internet service in the east?
The only reason I'm still in Lagos is because internet is super fast here.
And I can't run my e-commerce business without high speed internet cry

If you ever need a customer service advisor/receptionist I am very much available....
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
princeade86:
oshodi to ikeja 400? Haba.

It is possible... Even from my house jakande estate, isolo to cele express is N300... And it's not too far... It's trekkable sef.... Now I have to trekk halfway so they can at least carry me for N100...

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Henrique99: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

You be jolly just come truly ..No offence
100 naira bus would have taken you to Maryland b/stop where you can easily hop into BRT or Yaba/obalende bus which is 300 naira max.
When you alight at Obalende, there are array of buses plying Lekki/Law school/Sandfill/Jakande to Ajah route for 250-300 naira (may be slightly higher due to this pandemic but it can never be more than 500).
Return journey is quite easy :Lekki-Oshodi, tell the driver you'd alight at Anthony , cross over to UBA under bridge and take Ikeja (Allen or Ikeja under bridge for 200).
Next time ask people around you how to navigate journeys, it will save you time and money.
Quite helpful
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ubcandid(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
and you think you're reasonable with this comment?
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by tallfish145(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
worst place to leave

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
I can't fathom how and why a reasonable person should live in Lagos. It is overated.

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by titusmichael27(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lagos is fun but i've made my decision that i would never raise my kids in such a place. Life has a lot to offer apart from partying and all what not. You barely see some one with a normal human face, all you see is frustrated people every where, trekking as if they're going to hell, young but old looking and sad at all time as if the whole world is going crazy down on them. You don't have to go through this! people here embrace short cut as part of life. gaming is the habit of the day. you see people gamblying beyond limit. for some one who growth up in uyo, Lagos was a hell for me. I've been to Accra thinking i would see the same thing but i was shocked that the whole population of Ghana was what i saw in lagos. Educate yourself where ever you are, travel out, dont get stucked lagos cos it doesn't worth as it seems. it's a disaster.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by HoliMaree: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Transport fare in Lagos is astronomical. You might find yourself spending N2500 to N3000 commuting daily within the state, and you're not using comfortable Buses but rickety onces (push & start). If you find yourself outside after 7pm you will part with double that figure cos touts hike fares during rush hour. Avoid Lagos, stay where you are for your sanity. Lagos is ruled by Touts, I'm sure of the transport aspect, be warned.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by IBreakRules: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
I moved from Lagos Abuja about two years ago.
Glad I didn't regret this move.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Placed In Handcuffs As They Are Deported From China. Photos / Man Paid For VIP Seating At The Airport, Shares Receipt (Photos) / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.