Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos (48082 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
kulekaa:
Oshodi to Ikeja used to be 100 when things were still normal, with d increase in TF everywhere now it should be around 150 to 200
Oga U never comot from house since the Lockdown ended. What are you even saying, You need to see the high number of people that were trekking Yesterday from Oshodi to Ikeja even down to Agege because of high Transport fare.

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
UcheforGod:
[b][/b][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][url][/url][i][/i]Hmmm, never knew that Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass
Small but mighty
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ryocaj(m): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fragility6:
Whisper his name to me nobody will know
Lol.. oya shift come here..
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
donproject:

Hahaha....fear God o, na bike you dy carry...no be Lagos where I dy move up and down everyday.

If you say during lockdown I may agree with you coz I've not been in town since January
It takes you nothing to go to BRT and ask them how much they are charging. Why will I Like for something that is very obvious.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Fr33born(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Any reasonable Igbo man that came to Lagos and return to the East poor is cursed.

You know nothing boy. You know nothing
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
ClitRaider:

Lekki to Oshodi is not 700.
Oshodi to Ikeja is 100
You can lie for Africa!!
If you continue like this you will work for lie Mohammed.
From your Write up it shows you have not moved out since after the lockdown or you are not presently in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ClitRaider: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Last 2 weeks Friday, oshodi to Ikeja along was 500 to 600. I have to trek it because I saw everybody treking it.
Haa!!
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
ClitRaider:

Can't you say it?!
I was born and brought up in Agege2 LGA, I left Lag after the first 33 years of my life.
Some of you stayed in a bad environment and you tend to project that unto Lagos in general?!
That's bullshit.
In Agege area Food is cheaper than in Ibadan.
You are not serious
The same Agege that I frequent
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goddys:

My hustle is not even in that area. I'm a professional. Life isn't easy in Lagos if you don't have contacts and connect.

I am not a regular street hustler
Don't mind them, the Opportunities in Lagos is getting slimmer because more people are rushing after a dwindling opportunity. Best way to enjoy Lagos now is to come stay and go. Probably bringing in goods to sell in Lagos and take the ones in Lagos to sell in other places. Lagos is not east most especially of recent.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by hedonistic: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Abuja is light years better than Lagos. Light light years. Buhari and his brainless gang of idiots (including that retarrded FCT Minister) have done their utmost worst to degrade the once heavenly city, infusing their Fulani destitutes everywhere and reversing the gains of the halcyon PDP years. But even at its worst, Abuja is still far more livable than Lagos. Abuja has advantages that Lagos cannot match, and these advantages offset and mitigate whatever comparative disadvantages it might have.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by NNAMDIII(m): 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
landforeast:

If not more than Self
From Lekki to Oshodi is 700, from Oshodi to Ikeja 400 no be 1100 be that, I entered 200 again down to my house no be 1300 be that. This is just for returning home I don't want to go into how much I spent going
fear God, oshodi to Ikeja is #150, I entered the bus today though I didn't pay because I'm a staff
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by WakeNbaked: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Naija246:
how is internet service in the east?
The only reason I'm still in Lagos is because internet is super fast here.
And I can't run my e-commerce business without high speed internet cry
Baba get yourself a smile or spectranet, people are running E-commerce business in Taraba state so what are you saying?

5 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Clothingonline9(m): 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lagos swt gan ni
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by JentuPrinz(m): 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
If u knw u have neva been to Lagos before..like and share.

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by burgerpay1: 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
ybalogs:
Do you even know that 1 Cup of rice contains 7,532 pieces... Pls, don't buy if it's not complete...
I will count beans tomorrow so someone should help me count garri.
I hate cheating...
Abject poverty obviously don fall on dis guy.LOL!
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jobia:
Opportunities dey quite alright but the stress, tussle and traffic is just on another level sad

I no fit can
You can actually can, lol
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by northvietnam(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Any reasonable Igbo man that came to Lagos and return to the East poor is cursed.

SECONDED
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Happyfela(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lagos is stressful. I always run to my second apartment in ibadan to escape the madness sometimes

But Lagos vibes is incomparable, I don't intend to start my family in Lagos tho.

I love Lagos die but we go dey play come do faaiji

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Happyfela(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
You have spoken well Sire.
Beedude:

I was born in Ibadan but left for Lag before i clock 8. I visit Ibadan often due to family ties and many more. Food isn't a problem. Infact, when i wanted to do my wedding in 2015, all food stuffs were sent by my relatives, bought a cow there and got it killed before moving it down here.

Transportation is also cheap. The driver will reverse back to carry u, unlike Lag where u run and rush to enter bus.

I av set myself a target to move out of Lag to relax my head and mind. It will be nice to have a running investment in Lag and spending ur money in Ibadan.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Naija246: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
it seems you run a confectionery business..judging from your signature.
So what do you need a job for again grin
Lamanii22:

If you ever need a customer service advisor/receptionist I am very much available....
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Naija246:
it seems you run a confectionery business..judging from your signature.
So what do you need a job for again grin

It's just a side hustle based on orders... I need a job...
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Naija246: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Have you ever thought about going into the sugar baby business ?grin
I'd pay you well that's for sure cheesy
Lamanii22:

It's just a side hustle based on orders... I need a job...
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Naija246:
Have you ever thought about going into the sugar baby business ?grin
I'd pay you well that's for sure cheesy

What's sugar baby

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ifiokjohn(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Visited 4 cities in one month after my youth service to decide which one to live in:
Lagos, Abuja, Akwa Ibom and Rivers State.
Lagos...nope
Abuja...nope
Rivers state (port Harcourt precisely)...nope
Akwa Ibom was the only state that checked more items in my list.

Ended up with neither of the states

If you're a calm person, run away from lagos. Na mad people full there
Why Akwa ibom?
if I may ask
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
ifiokjohn:
Why Akwa ibom?
if I may ask

the kind fresh air were de Akwa ibom no be here.

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ifiokjohn(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:

Hahaha but e no fit be Lagos na. Lagos to develop. Akwa ibom na my state o but oga to leave lag for Akwa ibom no go ever blend with me

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ifiokjohn(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:

Hahaha but e no fit be Lagos na. Lagos to develop. Akwa ibom na my state o but oga to leave lag for Akwa ibom no go ever blend with me...Though I base in Abuja.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Beedude(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Oga, there is no way around this one oo..

No matter how you Sabi road reach. Unless you're going to Trek cool or follow those Hilux peeps.

This period is hard in Lagos.

Normal Yaba to Idumota is 50 naira but it's 200naira now! Is there a way around this one?
Heard Ikorodu to Oshodi was 1k last week friday due to BRT strike. Tfare around Lag atimes is enough for inter state journey. Abi how much is car to Abeokuta, Ijebu ode and sagamu?
There is a popular saying that Lagos money stays in Lagos.
If u are earning less than 200k per month in Lagos, it will be so hard to achieve anything tangible

8 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Chiedu12345: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please the Population of Lagos State is not Up to 30million mind U Lagos State is very small compared to other States in Nigeria. Lagos State is very small that is the reason it look like the Population is very much.

Thanks U.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by bitmic: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
landforeast:
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF LIVING IN LAGOS

ADVANTAGES
Lagos has a huge Market for your Products and Services. Infact someone said that if you package a refuse bin and sell it in Oshodi, you will sell off everything in a matter of hours , if not minutes. That is to tell you that there is a market for any kind of products and services you offer.

Lagos has the best nightLife: If you are the type that never sleeps, you love clubbing and flexing then Lagos is your home because as the "City that never sleeps and the headquarter of Entertainment in Nigeria, Lagos is a City filled with fund, coastal Tourism activities, Clubbing, patties and all Kinds of Events.

Lagos Supports and Nurtures Small and Medium Scale Business: Lagos helps you to nurture your Small scale Business. The City has all it takes for an Entrepreneur to succeed, from vibrant Startup EcoSystem, access to finance, grants and high profile events to different Networking events, master classes and exhibitions to mention but a few.

Lagos has many Job Opportunities: Although Lagos is no longer Like before in terms of Job Opportunities, when compared with other states, Lagos is still ahead.

There are many Business Opportunities in Lagos: Your One week Stay in Lagos will bring thousands of business ideas rummaging your brain. The City is full of business Ideas.

Lagos is a City of the Hustlers: If you are born a hustler, there is a high tendency for you to survive in Lagos. If you are hardworking, Lagos is the best place to be.

DISADVANTAGES OF LAGOS

Cost of Transport is on the High Side: In Lagos, if you are not careful you may end up working and have transportation gulp up your earnings. Just yesterday I spent around 2500 naira just to convey myself from Ikeja to Lekki Phase 1. Just imagine someone spending such an amount of money everyday to convey his or herself to Lekki everyday. By the end of the Month he will be spending close to 70K only on Transport. Now you understand while people are working in Lagos, yet they have nothing to show for it.

LAGOS TRAFFIC IS A NIGHTMARE: Lagos is a City where you can stay in the Traffic for many hours. Have you heard the Story of Funke who went to drop her Aunty who is based in London at the Airport. While Funke was still in traffic, her Aunty called her that she had successfully arrived at London. That is a tip of an iceberg on how horrendous Lagos Traffic is. When I first Entered Lagos, I was to attend an Interview at VI, then I was residing in Ojo. Since I was ignorant of Lagos traffic, I woke up around 6 O'clock to prepare just like every other person's living in other cities will do. But did you know that singular act cost me that Job which I was pretty sure of being selected for because I arrived at the interview venue by 12 pm.

House Rent in Lagos is on the High Side: Unlike other Cities in Nigeria, Lagos is the only City where you will pay for agent and agreement as equal or sometimes higher than your House rent. Still don't know why the state Government is not rising up to criminalise such evil perpetrated by Landlords and agents. You will hear them saying 50, 50 for a self Contained apartment of 120,000. Another thing is that finding a decent house might be a little challenging to you unless you have enough bucks or are ready to live in the satellite towns which will be far from the City center. Another thing is may God help you not to enter the wrong house which Lagos is mostly Characterised with.

There is No fresh Air in Lagos: With a population of about 30 Million people crowded in the smallest state in Nigeria by Land mass. It will be a miracle for you to have fresh air. If you need fresh air in Lagos maybe you might just relocate to Ikorodu or Epe part of Lagos which is currently being hit by high waves of urbanisation.

Lagos is a Dirty City: Although the present Government is trying all it can to keep the City clean but that does not take away the fact that Lagos is one of the dirtiest Cities in Nigeria.

There is too much Noise in Lagos: Yes there is too much Noise in the City. From the Danfo drivers and conductors who rant like a Sallah ram, to Agberos who are vociferously constituting nuisance with their cracked voice, indeed Lagos is very noisy except you live in quiet Estates in luxurious neighbourhoods.

Connecting with the Rich in Lagos is a little bit hard: Unlike in Abuja and other Cities in Nigeria where you can always run into an influential person and you connect with them and possibly exchange contact. That will only happen in Lagos by Devine connection from above. Everybody in the City is very careful because of "Onye ma Onye" (who knows who).

FINALLY
Before you make that move to either relocate to Lagos or to relocate out of Lagos. Just sit down with one bottle of cold Trophy and a plate of Isiewu or Delicious Nkwobi and ask yourself some mind boggling questions that will enable you to make a good decision you will never regret.

Written By Emmanuel
A Real Estate Consultant based in Lagos Nigeria.

Thanks for reading my Article
Have a nice day

Interesting
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Naija246: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Well basically, I give you money and you take care of me .
No strings attachedgrin
Lamanii22:

What's sugar baby
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Budline1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lamanii22:

What's sugar baby

He wants to be your sugar daddy. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Paid For VIP Seating At The Airport, Shares Receipt (Photos) / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.