Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos (48168 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by landforeast(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2020
Eulalia:

Lol...you're not serious.

Don't mind the op. Lagos is a mega city and has so many areas to it both the good and the bad, the high brow areas and the slumps though its not as bad as he has painted it and nothing uncommon with some parts abroad.

I was born and brought up here in Lagos; Ikoyi to be precise and I don't forsee living outside lag cos I've gotten so used to Lagos life that the thought of living in other states just tends to dull my spirit. I've even had to decline relationship proposals just because they are based outside Lagos. Can't deal biko..

Lagos it is for me. Can't live in those other dull and scary states.

So eni, nothing for you since you're outside Lagos. Omor Eko Island ni mi grin
We are all used to that loneliness witnessed outside Lagos but I want to assure you that some other Cities are cool. Meanwhile from your Write up I preapre you are from a wealthy background. Now will millions of Lagosians doin all kinds of petty jobs and paying outrageous rent and high Transport rate say the same thing.??

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2020
Eulalia:

Don't mind the op. Lagos is a mega city and has so many areas to it both the good and the bad, the high brow areas and the slumps though its not as bad as he has painted it and nothing uncommon with some parts abroad.

I was born and brought up here in Lagos; Ikoyi to be precise and I don't forsee living outside lag cos I've gotten so used to Lagos life that the thought of living in other states just tends to dull my spirit. I've even had to decline relationship proposals just because they are based outside Lagos. Can't deal biko..

Lagos, here I come cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Budline1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Eulalia:

Hello, do you pay your own bills or you live with parents? Do you pay your own house rent in Ikoyi? Do you get to places on time without traffic? Do you have at least a land of your own in that Lagos? And do you pay your children school fees(if you have any) in that Lagos?
People are not choosing not to live there not for the fun of it or for dull spirit, some other things in life just matter more.
Also remember many ppl will not have opportunities ur folks had to have been able to stay and raised you in ikoyi, even some rich men can't secure good jobs for their kids in that Ikoyi and environs. Things are changing.

Other states are sane to me and not scary.

3 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Budline1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
eni4real:
Lagos, here I come cool cool cool

Don't deceive yourself. Hope you have the background she has or you have someone willing to REALLY help you, well maybe Eulalia will help you out with accommodation and a good job/business.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Rubiesinc(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sell your gift cards at amazing rates and receive your money in 3minutes or less. We also trade crypto currency (Bitcoin and Ethereum).
We believe everyone deserves the chance to gain, profit, and benefit, which drives us to help those most in need.

At Rubies Inc we buy all gift cards at amazing rates. We open 24hours a day.
Call or Whatsapp 08059318934
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Budline1:

Don't deceive yourself. Hope you have the background she has or you have someone willing to REALLY help you, well maybe Eulalia will help you out with accommodation and a good job/business.
3rd party is not Welcomed. Thanks!!
Eulalia, I am coming for you grin

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
eni4real:
3rd party is not Welcomed. Thanks!!
Eulalia, I am coming for you grin

Lol... cheesy grin
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by ifiokjohn(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kenlinks546:

the kind fresh air were de Akwa ibom no be here.
Smiles. thanks boss.I know say ma state fine sha

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by OVB123: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thanks 4 ur information.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by stacyadams: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2020
OVB123:
Is lagos as hard as what u just posted now, why are people still trooping into lagos?
grin grin grin grin. Every body dey package em self for lag

305 in my yayo
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by stacyadams: 1:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Kenlinks546:

Exact plans I have, I'm planning buying 5 corolla for uber, they make monthly return, I now relocate to East.
>

sad grin grin Nnanna there RE better & cheaper cars than corolla. Buying a corolla for 1.8m for 25k weekly where as person wey buy another car for 1.2 m will still make the same 25k weekly...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 07, 2020
stacyadams:
>

sad grin grin Nnanna there RE better & cheaper cars than corolla. Buying a corolla for 1.8m for 25k weekly where as person wey buy another car for 1.2 m will still make the same 25k weekly...

You are right.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by OVB123: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin grin. Every body dey package em self for lag

305 in my yayo
Why are Nigerians running to the state like that? is it that lagos is the only viable state?
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by walkwithgod(m): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Egungun Be careful.

If you have time, you can go through the comments in the thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by stacyadams: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
OVB123:
Why are Nigerians running to the state like that? is it that lagos is the only viable state?

We have that belief if u enter lag. We go blow...big contacts,big contractors,,plenty offices get headquarters for thier too, we sha believe say work dey there and Las Las we go dey alright

But Lagos dey shorten person life span... angry grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by walkwithgod(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2020
Budline1:

Hello, do you pay your own bills or you live with parents? Do you pay your own house rent in Ikoyi? Do you get to places on time without traffic? Do you have at least a land of your own in that Lagos? And do you pay your children school fees(if you have any) in that Lagos?
People are not choosing not to live there not for the fun of it or for dull spirit, some other things in life just matter more.
Also remember some ppl will not have opportunities ur folks had to have been able to stay and raised you in ikoyi, even some rich men can't secure good jobs for their kids in that Ikoyi and environs. Things are changing.

Other states are sane to me and not scary.

Valid questions brother.

You Sabi the drill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 08, 2020
walkwithgod:

Valid questions brother.

You Sabi the drill.

Most of the people claiming to live in ikoyi , banana island, are living in a room.BQ

2 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Budline1(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
walkwithgod:

Valid questions brother.

You Sabi the drill.

Na so bro, she can't answer my answer grin. You've been saying it exactly how it is.

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Any reasonable Igbo man that came to Lagos and return to the East poor is cursed.

I swear grin
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2020
NACE13:

Lol. Bro, I can feel the anger in the truth. I was born and raised in Lagos but NYSC took me to another state 5hrs from Lagos. It was peace and quiet, cheap housing accommodation, transport is N50 to almost any where, steady power supply all through, you can buy a land less than 1m close to the city, and erect your building without omo-oniles coming to disturb you.
My father has been building his house close to Festac for almost 5yrs now because of omo-oniles. Lagos is over frustrating and overhyped. The disadvantages of residing in Lagos outweigh the advantages by far.
As soon as I'm gallant enough to go solo in this my business, I'm moving back to start life there full time

Which state are you referring to with all these benefits including fairly constant electricity, please?
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
thesicilian:
Lagos is the land flowing with opportunities, if you have enough money then the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

You can never have enough money as far as life and human existence is concerned. Even Dangote is still looking for more money.

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
komodapson:

Keyword: enough-money

Bros forget that thing you can never have enough money as far as life and human existence is concerned. Even Dangote is still looking for more money.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
megley:
Very dirty place. Open and smelly gutters everywhere...

If you can drive in Lagos you can drive anywhere

The rent, oh my gosh!!

Madam, you are talking about the poor area of Lagos.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
Fragility6:

Whisper his name to me nobody will know

B. A. T. grin
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Goddys:
Lagos is the worst place to live. I have lived here for 12 years now.

Aside corporate offices and opportunities which are now nonexistent, life here is hard, brutish and unworthy.

I have not recorded any good material achievement here since I graduated.

Many people are suffering and pretending here.

Securing a good paying graduate job here is extremely difficult.

See the attached photo

What you are saying ain't true bro, I disagree totally with what you just said. There is something called amazing grace and divine favour, just connect your life into that realm of grace and I bet you, your life can never remain the same.

Make God your major priority, pay your tithes, help your parents and be patient with your hustle. You will see how your life will turn around in a matter of months. For by strength shall no man prevail. Am talking base on my little experience man.

God bless you as you heed to God's call.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2020
Bluehill1051:
I know where all the money head to. DM me

grin grin
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 12:40am On Aug 25, 2020

iv lived in banana island, not even a good drinking water. Lagos is overrated
]

Like seriously shocked?
I thought it's an area meant for the rich nah cry[quote]

1 Like

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 12:50am On Aug 25, 2020

Most of the people you see living the extravagant lavish life, has businesses abroad. A young man i met way back 2018 at fcmb chevron, disclosed to me that he withdrew 2 million and he is managing it for two weeks, omo my head wan craze, 2million. I later discovered he Base in Usa. He was even complaining how dirty the ATM dispensed cash looks.

ROTF grin grin grin
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Ucee1999: 12:59am On Aug 25, 2020
walkwithgod:

lmao, i saw this on Twitter.. laugh wan kill me.
How you wan take pay rent on 25k, na transportation money be that sef, how you wan take flex without checking your acc balance with tears in your eye, when you wan marry, when you wan drive car, when you build house, when you wan buy sharp clothe.

If you are a fresh graduate thinking that when you come to Lagos, everything go soft, you will become a millionaire in 5 years, you go drive Benz, you go carry woman, it's not possible my brother with your meagre income. Don't even think about it. If you want something close to Lagos with low cost of living...you can try Ibadan.

After nysc, go gift your mama your certificate and thank her very much...pack ur bag enter east go learn trade, keep your head low learn all the secrets of the particular business wey you desire...you really do not need capital to start up...u fit just dey do middle man work until your capital solid before you branch out .the world is a global village now..from onitsha u fit do waybill go anywhere for naija...learn how to use social media (Facebook, Facebook groups, nairaland, twitter, Instagram) very well build contacts..you go just enter Lagos spend 3 days fall back go base...in 3 years, you will become a millionaire no cap.

Please, make we look towards learning trade or skill...all this 50k job no fit give us the lifestyle wey we deserve for this present day naija now oooooo....when I dey primary 3, Dem say we be the leaders of tomorrow...I say no wahala...i don 26 now I never achieve 1kobo...my cousin we enter c.town (Canada) buy car within 2 months...some people don stay this Lagos for 20 years na only pencil light Dem achieve and Dem go call am success. I remember my social studies teacher dey mention Lai Mohammed for my ear for 2003...na 2020 be dis...Baba still dey gallant cause Dem no wan give us chance.

Make una use brain ooooo if money no dey to Japa...make Uno come Lagos dey enrich one old monkey for Banana island.

A word is enough for the wise.

You are wise bro. Thanks for the advice.
Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by Goddys(m): 5:57am On Aug 25, 2020
Ucee1999:

What you are saying ain't true bro, I disagree totally with what you just said. There is something called amazing grace and divine favour, just connect your life into that realm of grace and I bet you, your life can never remain the same.

Make God your major priority, pay your tithes, help your parents and be patient with your hustle. You will see how your life will turn around in a matter of months. For by strength shall no man prevail. Am talking base on my little experience man.

God bless you as you heed to God's call.

And what makes you think I'm not doing that and even more? Bro we all have different destinies. Stop making invalid argument

4 Likes

Re: The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos by OVB123: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Ucee1999:

I swear grin
They are lot of igbos suffering in lagos. No house, no job, no money to take of children. Mtcheew! except God be faithful to you, lagos live is very hard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. / The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.