Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

What Movie Did You Watch Today? - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Did You Watch Today? (33946 Views)

Top 10 Movies On Netflix To Watch Today – March 27, 2022 - Tolu Olulana / Guys Which Movie Did You Watched And Got Addicted To In This Lockdown / What Movie Are You Searching For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DrDax: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2020
Ip Man 4 - 9/10

So Ip Man was Bruce Lees's predecessor? shocked

So Ip Man was Bruce Lee's teacher? shocked

So Ip Man was a real person? shocked shocked

So you mean the franchise is a real story shocked shocked shocked

Wait!
So Bruce Lee, my hero, was a real person shocked

I am BINGEing on the Ip Man movies today.................
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
RUTHLESS PEOPLE---1986

In this comedy,Danny De Vito plays a ruthless successful businessman who steals the idea of a couple without compensating them.The couple then decide to kidnap his wife (played by Bette Midler) & ask for a ransom.Unfortunately for them,De Vito is delighted to have his wife gone.He refuses to pay the ransom & instead hooks up with his mistress

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
DrDax:
Ip Man 4 - 9/10

Wait!

The franchise is based on a real person but 80% of the events have been fictionalised for entertainment purposes.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
BetWinners:
RUTHLESS PEOPLE---1986

In this comedy,Danny De Vito plays a ruthless successful businessman who steals the idea of a couple without compensating them.The couple then decide to kidnap his wife (played by Bette Midler) & ask for a ransom.Unfortunately for them,De Vito is delighted to have his wife gone.He refuses to pay the ransom & instead hooks up with his mistress
grin
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
ROMEO IS BLEEDING---1993

In this neo noir crime/thriller,Gary Oldman plays a corrupt policeman who sells information to the mob about their enemies.The mob then wants him to give them access to an assassin of theirs who botched a job & got arrested but she turns out to be one step ahead of Oldman,the police force & the mob.
If you enjoy movies like Basic Instinct & Gone Girl,this movie is right up your alley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by phr0nesis(m): 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
DrDax:
Ip Man 4 - 9/10

Wait!

I really enjoyed this movie. It was awesome
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
BetWinners:
ROMEO IS BLEEDING---1993

In this neo noir crime/thriller,Gary Oldman plays a corrupt policeman who sells information to the mob about their enemies.The mob then wants him to give them access to an assassin of theirs who botched a job & got arrested but she turns out to be one step ahead of Oldman,the police force & the mob.
If you enjoy movies like Basic Instinct & Gone Girl,this movie is right up your alley
You have excellent taste

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Liposure: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2020
Ishilove:

The franchise is based on a real person but 80% of the events have been fictionalised for entertainment purposes.
and i was thinking he was made up
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
RUSHMORE---1998

This is a dramedy about Max Fischer,an optimistic 15year old student attending a private school called Rushmore.He spends the majority of his time organizing school clubs & stage plays but fails in his academic pursuits which leads to him being placed on probation.He then falls in love with one of the school's teachers & starts competing with his mentor & depressed businessman (played by Bill Murray) for her affection.
The humour in the movie comes from Max trying to juggle everything at thesame time

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DrDax: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2020
DrDax:
Ip Man 4 - 9/10

Wait!

Ip Man (2008) 8/10
From living in abundance to abject want and poverty. This life.
The movie took me on an emotional rollercoaster.
A lesson to us all; it takes just one bad decision or force majeure for things to turn south.
I connected so much with this man, his dignity and self-respect in the face of overwhelming circumstances.
What a man!
Feel free to drop a tear or two.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
THE CRYING GAME---1992

In this thriller,Forest Whitaker plays a British soldier kidnapped by the IRA for a prisoner exchange.He gets friendly with one of his kidnappers & tells him about his fiancee in London.When the hostage situation goes awry,Whitaker's former kidnapper decides to visit his fiancee & finds himself attracted to her but there is something about her Whitaker didn't tell him

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
OWNING MAHOWNY---2003

In this drama based on a true story,Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a bank employee addicted to gambling & using millions of dollars from the bank's coffers to fund his addiction.The movie depicts his downward spiral to self destruction & disgrace

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
A PERFECT MURDER---1998

In this crime/thriller Michael Douglas plays a wealthy businessman married to a younger woman (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) who is having an affair with an artist (Viggo Mortensen).Douglas finds out about the affair,confronts Viggo & offers him a large sum of money to kill his wife but things do not pan out as planned

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DrDax: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Wolf of Wall Street - 20/10
Can't believe I just saw this
Absolute turn up for DiCaprio and Robbie

"There is no nobility in poverty
I have been a rich man,
And I have been a poor man
And I choose rich every f..c.king time

Because at least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems,
I show up in the back of a limo, wearing a $2,000 suit
And a $40,000 gold f..c.kin.g watch!

And if anyone thinks I'm superficial and materialistic,
Go get a f..c..king job at McDonalds!"

As my people say,
"it's better to cry in a mansion, than inside a face-me-I-face-you" grin

Crime doesn't pay sha,
But if you want to do the crime, do it big enough to be able to afford a duplex in kirikiri

cc: hushpuppi Woodberry Invictus mompha
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by cooljoe(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Please from where can I download very clear movies.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Kaycee7(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2020
cooljoe:
Please from where can I download very clear movies.
Netnaija
Tfpdl

Or you can use torrents
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
BERNIE---2011

In this comedy,Jack Black plays an optimistic,39 year old assistant funeral director who gets romantically involved with a cruel,80 year old wealthy woman.Things started off well with them until she began being abusive towards him & he snapped.Matthew Mcconaughey also makes an appearance as the local district attorney

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by cooljoe(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kaycee7:
Netnaija
Tfpdl

Or you can use torrents
how does torrents work please
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DrDax: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
DrDax:
The Wolf of Wall Street - 20/10
Can't believe I just saw this
Absolute turn up for DiCaprio and Robbie

"There is no nobility in poverty
I have been a rich man,
And I have been a poor man
And I choose rich every f..c.king time

Because at least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems,
I show up in the back of a limo, wearing a $2,000 suit
And a $40,000 gold f..c.kin.g watch!

And if anyone thinks I'm superficial and materialistic,
Go get a f..c..king job at McDonalds!"

As my people say,
"it's better to cry in a mansion, than inside a face-me-I-face-you" grin

Crime doesn't pay sha,
But if you want to do the crime, do it big enough to be able to afford a duplex in kirikiri

cc: hushpuppi Woodberry Invictus mompha

Because I am very satisfied with The Wolf of Wall Street
I have therefore declared this weekend The Stockbrokers' Weekend
I will be downloading movies based on the stock market to binge on.

1. Wall street: money never sleeps
2. Margin call
3. The big short
4. Boiler room
5. Money monster
6. Trading places (for some serious laughs)

feel free to add to my list.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by cooljoe(m): 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kaycee7:
Netnaija
Tfpdl

Or you can use torrents
thanks. Got what I was looking for on pirate Bay.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
The Pilgrim's Progress-

I read the illustrated book when I was a child but I couldn't quite grasp the message, but now as a full grown adult, I have finally come to understand how powerful the message the story is passing. This story is a must see for every Bible believing Christian. I just finished watching the movie (animation) and my skin is finely pebbled with goosebumps. I am reminded of so many virtues I have forgotten and as a result no longer imbibe in my life, and how so far away I have strayed away from the straight path. I believe this movie is not a coincidence because I've being seeing so many signs and thoughts have been coming to me these past days about making my way right with God. And now this movie... I'm in awe cry

10/10

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
BetWinners:
BERNIE---2011

In this comedy,Jack Black plays an optimistic,39 year old assistant funeral director who gets romantically involved with a cruel,80 year old wealthy woman.Things started off well with them until she began being abusive towards him & he snapped.Matthew Mcconaughey also makes an appearance as the local district attorney
Seems interesting cheesy
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
BetWinners:
A PERFECT MURDER---1998

In this crime/thriller Michael Douglas plays a wealthy businessman married to a younger woman (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) who is having an affair with an artist (Viggo Mortensen).Douglas finds out about the affair,confronts Viggo & offers him a large sum of money to kill his wife but things do not pan out as planned
Oh I've seen this movie a long time ago. Very very interesting and the end is mind blowing
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Seems interesting cheesy
It is.The movie is based on a true story
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ishilove:
The Pilgrim's Progress-

I read the illustrated book when I was a child but I couldn't quite grasp the message, but now as a full grown adult, I have finally come to understand how powerful the message the story is passing. This story is a must see for every Bible believing Christian. I just finished watching the movie (animation) and my skin is finely pebbled with goosebumps. I am reminded of so many virtues I have forgotten and as a result no longer imbibe in my life, and how so far away I have strayed away from the straight path. I believe this movie is not a coincidence because I've being seeing so many signs and thoughts have been coming to me these past days about making my way right with God. And now this movie... I'm in awe cry

10/10
This movie...pure gold. It is an apt descripion of the life we live here. Been long I saw it, but I'll never forget the word 'pliable'.
I think there's a part 2.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Omoluabi16:
This movie...pure gold. It is an apt descripion of the life we live here. Been long I saw it, but I'll never forget the word 'pliable'.
I think there's a part 2.
Christian is a kind of Everyman and I recognized aspects of our lives in his. It's pure gold indeed.

Pliable is fickle minded grin
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by kkins25(m): 2:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Ishilove:
The Pilgrim's Progress-

10/10
grin grin grin
want to back to the stove abi? i just hope when you return,i would be a pastor. hope you're rich?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 3:20am On Jul 05, 2020
kkins25:
grin grin grin
want to back to the stove abi? i just hope when you return,i would be a pastor. hope you're rich?
I don't understand undecided
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 05, 2020
BetWinners:
A PERFECT MURDER---1998

Michael Douglas nearly pulled off the perfect crime in this movie. Too bad he failed to hide the incriminating tape very well. I wish he had succeeded.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 05, 2020
DrDax:

Because I am very satisfied with The Wolf of Wall Street
I have therefore declared this weekend The Stockbrokers' Weekend
I will be downloading movies based on the stock market to binge on.

1. Wall street: money never sleeps
2. Margin call
3. The big short
4. Boiler room
5. Money monster
6. Trading places (for some serious laughs)

feel free to add to my list.

American Hustle.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DrDax: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2020
Vexatious:

American Hustle.

Thanks.
It's more of politics sha.
Adding.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Photos From 2018 BBNaija Eviction Party Last Night / Bisola: "I Have Done Things On This BBNaija That My Daughter Shouldn't Watch" / Bbnaija: Thin Tall Tony, 5 Top Facts About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.