Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53197 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by toboy: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
grin my dad has lots of lands and houses in the village but none of his children cares about them. Whoever wants them can take it when he’s gone. That’s how we were brought up. And that’s the same way I’ll bring up my children.

Nor put eye for anybody property when you still have two hands, two legs and a life ahead of you, not even my dads property. That’s how I was brought up. My children will be far ahead of any uncle/aunty even if they are just a year old. That’s the plan my friend. I’m no pvssy nigha. I know more than you. If you leave the city and go to the village to claim inheritance, lol. You are the pvssy nigha my friend.
You've a good point. Lol. I like that.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ibime(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
NoToPile:

What I don't understand is why should the deed of her father's property be with the uncle. Is it not suppose to be in the possesion of the children or wife?

Until men stop entrusting their brothers with documents of their properties, children will continue to suffer and their properties confisticated by greedy uncles.

Parents sometimes cause all these issues .

She was abroad while the Popsie was home alone. He must have given the brother after he fell ill
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by HoliMaree: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:

hey, you have given the worst advise so far, how can u tell one to forfeit his late dad's property and burial, you most be joking.
OP, i dont know how old u are, if u are above 18, and your dad died intestate(without a will), then,you, your mom and the rest of the children are automatically the administrators of your late father's property.
so i advise you take charge and get a lawyer cause you might just need legal actions against your dubious uncles.
please donot make the mistake of sitting and watching, they will take advantage of your inaction and sweep u under the rug, in fact your mom should be the one on the front line not u, u will only back her up with your education, try to know your rights and educate her.
and i repeat, Law enforcement is always there for u, iut will only cost you a reasonable amount of money, but its worth it.
and act wisely catch them unaware.
when they find themselves in police custody and in court with all evidence against them, nobody go tell them.
make sure u start to record ur conversations with them when u have the chance, take pictures, film their dubious act without their knowledge,. keep your distance though
goodluck

The Bible says the gentle inherit and posses the land. Why do you think so? because they remain alive while others are dead. Your advice is very wrong. Don't send that young man and his sibling to early grave. A man of 50+ went briefly to his village to struggle land with old uncle, he didn't return alive. Do you think that man of 50+ didn't go guided by lawyers + police? are you new in this country? @24, he has enough time to leave and acquire his own property which he can live for his children after cutting off his wicked relatives.

"Come my young friends and listen to me, and I will teach you to honor the Lord. Would you like to enjoy life? do you want long life and happiness? then hold back from speaking evil and from telling lies, turn away from evil and do good, STRIVE FOR PEACE WITH ALL YOUR HEART"

PS 34: 11-14
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Slynation(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
MPESA:

A Dog surrounded by Lions and Tigers resuming leadership duties .... Please no dey talk on subject you are not knowledgeable , you can as well learn by reading comments....
What is this one even saying, Personally, nobody born of a woman can try such nonsense with me...
So if you are the first Son, ur Dad and Mom are no more, you were left with properties and business to take care of, you are in ur Finals in School, above 24yrs.... You will still depend on your uncles to run things for you... And you think when it's time for OP to take over the business if he at least didn't say something now, his Uncles will just hand over everything to him and his siblings abi....

Anyways it's nobody's fault, the Society keeps breeding weak men on daily basis...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NoToPile: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ibime:

She was abroad while the Popsie was home alone. He must have given the brother after he fell ill

Okay then.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Lincolnburrows(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
frozen70:

Where is your mother in this picture

You have to meet the good elders in your family to put you through

You did not mention the business your father is doing and how your uncle got the keys to open his shops

You need to collect the house keys from your uncle and after the burial change the keys especially the entrance keys

If you are in good relationship with your father's family you will be guided

If the burial date doesn't suit you, ask them to fix another date

From your write up, you are too young to handle it alone

Seek for genuine advice and reduce cost to the bearest

If you are from Anambra state, then lucky you as the state government have reduced burial to avoid waste of money

Biko what do you mean that government has reduced burial in anambra?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by MPESA(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Slynation:

What is this one even saying, Personally, nobody born of a woman can try such nonsense with me...
So if you are the first Son, ur Dad and Mom are no more, you were left with properties and business to take care of, you are in ur Finals in School, above 24yrs.... You will still depend on your uncles to run things for you... And you think when it's time for OP to take over the business if he at least didn't say something now, his Uncles will just hand over everything to him and his siblings abi....

Anyways it's nobody's fault, the Society keeps breeding weak men on daily basis...

You really need to learn..... Strong man, Abi na Alpha Male.. Weldon Sir... Be careful make you No go learn how to use left hand at old age.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
bizzibodi:
1.Do yur father has ppties in d village or city?
2.Was yur mother legally married to yur father?is she with yur father b4 he died?
3.How big is d shop,what goods or worth is inside?
4.Are u in good relationship with yur father b4 he died,when he was sick have u ever visited him.
5.Who took care of him when he was sick?we took him to hospital, who paid his bills.
I can advice u if I get yur answers.
1. Both
2. Yes and No
3. It's a warehouse and he bought new goods worth over 4m
4. Yes we were close. I wasn't able to visit but we kept contact on phone and the illness was very very brief
5. A friend who was with him at the time
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheArchangel:
Are you sure it is your fathers sweat?
What was your relationship with him? Or you also heard that he is gone and you want to make your own grabs cos what is happening to you is a very rare occurrence especially at 24. And Where have you been all this while?
Have you been in contact with them about the burial or you just jumped when you heard that his shop was opened?
And they needed to make sales in order to bury him, ain't that right? Or are you footing the burial.?
Except if you all are all wacked upstairs as there is no reason for them not to involve you.
lol. Please read up ... I've updated the thread
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Slynation(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
MPESA:

You really need to learn..... Strong man, Abi na Alpha Male.. Weldon Sir... Be careful make you No go learn how to use left hand at old age.
Well.... We all have different traits, If @24 you will still allow your uncles to confisticate your fathers properties, take decisions on your fathers business without your knowledge, lock your fathers house without ur notice, then so be it, Just one day they will tell you their brother is not your biological father.... Op doesn't even need to apply battery before achieving this, having a word with them is enough, but once again, your type are always afraid to speak...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Slynation(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

1. Both
2. Yes and No
3. It's a warehouse and he bought new goods worth over 4m
4. Yes we were close. I wasn't able to visit but we kept contact on phone and the illness was very very brief
5. A friend who was with him at the time
Bro... The next thing you need to do is too gather all important documents and keep safely, know your dad next of kin in his bank accounts... Most importantly know the kinda plans your uncles have for you and your siblings, from what your uncles are doing now, they'v got other plans, your siblings are looking up to you now, so apply wisdom and trade with caution... #Good luck
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by HoliMaree: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:
let me share this with u guys.
many soldiers and police men out there joined the force because of their financial condition, they have nothing and got nothing from their father, s they enrolled just to survive, mind u, a very dangerous profession, but u have inheritance u are afraid to fight for it.
no, when u build your own house, make your brother or one idiot come try snatch am from u na, una two go die for the matter, cause u no go gree for any bastard.
make i ask u, why e b say, wen king die, so far him get son, na the son go b d next king, why them no make him brother king.
use your head bro.
fight your fight and God will fight by your side.
if u die fighting, which i doubt, it is worth it.

This your bravado, u get spiritual power as well? because those old men and women wey your physical blow fit kill their spiritual slap go end your life spiritually bro.
To me you don't sound like someone close to God because if you are, God has already given strategy of patience in such a case
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Slynation:

Bro... The next thing you need to do is too gather all important documents and keep safely, know your dad next of kin in his bank accounts... Most importantly know the kinda plans your uncles have for you and your siblings, from what your uncles are doing now, they'v got other plans, your siblings are looking up to you now, so apply wisdom and trade with caution... #Good luck
Thanks bro. If they had good intentions at least they would have told me the shop was running. Because initially i was told the shop was closed ...I even asked the sale girl there and she said it was opened few days after my Dad's death

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
You are just too weak I swear
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Jesse25:

You are just too weak I swear
undecided
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Chiderad(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Brother,

My sincerest advise to you is this - Get a genuine Prophet of God to stand by you in the place of prayer. Your uncles already have a plan of fight on ground and so, you must tread carefully, be full of prayers and fasting but don't be confrontational.

As per your daddy's shop, be bold to take over what belongs to you. Seek counsel of wise ones in the village and report them to Umu nna.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Chiderad:
Brother,

My sincerest advise to you is this - Get a genuine Prophet of God to stand by you in the place of prayer. Your uncles already have a plan of fight on ground and so, you must tread carefully, be full of prayers and fasting but don't be confrontational.

As per your daddy's shop, be bold to take over what belongs to you. Seek counsel of wise ones in the village and report them to Umu nna.
thanks bro
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by elliotmarshall(m): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
My brother just trade with caution ,greater things ahead are about to come .
Don't waste ur life fighting for property ,u saby as the tin the end na life's will be lost .
Just let it go naturally karma exists bro and it will surely visit them .aje.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Tusabi: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
be careful but he fixes your's too
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by frozen70(f): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lincolnburrows:

Biko what do you mean that government has reduced burial in anambra?

Google it pls it was in the news last week
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by shhladyj(f): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
I think your uncle have done the right thing by fixing the date because only they and the villagers knows the right date it would be better but have done a wrong thing by not at least informing you. as for your father's house shop and property you and your siblings are the rightful owner and should defend it by all means through prayer and lawyers.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by prophetfire: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
I don't think this will be possible...Asin moving his corpse
Get a lawyer, go to court, get a court order to stop de burial and restraining order to stop them from tampering with your father's properties. In the burial order, make sure to join de management of de morgue where his body is kept to prevent them from releasing de body. Fortify yourself with prayer n fasting bcs ur type of uncles can kpai a person. This type of fight is always dirty n unfortunate but U have to fight it. God help U.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Afamcy: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Are you sure they don't even have hand in his death in order to confiscate everything he has?

Just be prayerful cause they must be evil uncles
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Dehrealjoy(f): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
My brother pls don't fight uncles they are very mean and wicked
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Afrocentric: 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.
COWARD. ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKES TYE WORLD A DIFFICULT PLACE.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
Afrocentric:
COWARD. ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKES TYE WORLD A DIFFICULT PLACE.
what is your contribution to this world and Nigeria especially? List your achievements and I’ll list mine let’s see what you have done to make the world a good place. grin

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Afrocentric: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
what is your contribution to this world and Nigeria especially? List your achievements and I’ll list mine let’s see what you have done to make the world a good place. grin
you don't have any achievements. Idiot. I'm sure you don't know what COWARD meant.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Afrocentric:
you don't have any achievements. Idiot. I'm sure you don't know what COWARD meant.
coward, someone that shows fears grin

I don’t entertain fears. I’m years ahead of anything/anyone that will try to use fear against me.

Now I’m telling you if I was OP, I’ll act as if my fathers property doesn’t exist and I’ll work for mine. uncles will start to fear me because they plan holds nothing on the boy they tried to instill fear on. grin

Now you see the difference?

You’ll grow old trying to inherit lands your unclessss are hell bent on taking from you. Run along boy. I’m not your mate. I don’t care what mansion is in the village when I can own an estate in lekki grin

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Afrocentric: 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
coward, someone that shows fears grin

I don’t entertain fears. I’m years ahead of anything/anyone that will try to use fear against me.

Now I’m telling you if I was OP, I’ll act as if my fathers property doesn’t exist and I’ll work for mine. uncles will start to fear me because they plan holds nothing on the boy they tried to instill fear on. grin

Now you see the difference?

You’ll grow old trying to inherit lands your unclessss are hell bent on taking from you. Run along boy. I’m not your mate. I don’t care what mansion is in the village when I can own an estate in lekki grin
I repeat, you are a COWARD
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by toboy: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2020
Afrocentric:
I repeat, you are a COWARD
Your argument lack any substantial point. When you don't have any supporting point to back or clarify your arguments, then, there is no need repeating insults on people. It's childish. Practice this in real life too
I like your name Afrocentric tho. What's the inspiration behind the name?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by toboy: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Carchoice:
I just emailed via your nairaland email contact. I'd like to connect with you man! �
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Jeferious: 12:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Op, I just want to believe that there are vital facts that you left out in your account. Otherwise, you're not a man, to say the least.

When I was around your age, I lost my father too. And I wasn't around too. But immediately I learnt of his death on the day he died, I acknowledged immediately that the mantle of leadership has passed to me. That not one vital decision would be made concerning the affairs of my family without my approval. And even though I wasn't around, I was able to persuade my uncles who were already at our home to wait for me to at least see my dad's body lying in state before they can take him to the mortuary. The convo happened through calls.They refused at first, but later agreed by the special Grace of God. And that was exactly where they started losing the battle against me and my family.

When I arrived the next day, I accompanied them to the mortuary, where I was smart enough to enter details as next of kin. I also secured the mortuary tally. They asked me to give them the tally since they lived closer to the city where the mortuary was situated. I politely refused. By now they have not started showing any evil intentions.

Not much later, strange things began to happen. They started holding meetings about the burials and making decisions without involving me. I knew, but kept silent. Afterall, na me hold tally. Na when me like na im that burial go hold.

Soon, I started having issues with them over a burial date they chose that I wasn't comfortable with. I wasn't even involved in the choice of this date. They sent emissaries that I argued with, all to no avail. With time, other stuffs started to take form. They started accusing my mom of having a hand in the death of my father, and so many other nasties. Time will fail me to mention many other events that followed, but after they have seen that I was too stubborn to yield to their nonsense, they finally called for negotiation. This was after i have involved the Police, Army, Umunna, village elders, the village chief, youths and so many other personnel. My father was finally buried seven months after he died in a befitting manner. The matter nearly sink the community sef angry. Wetin concern me. I would rather that community burn to the ground than not exercise my authority as the first son of my father.

See op, na who God don sign make im die na im go die. Go and face those diabolic uncles in the power and wisdom of God. Don't listen to cowards here. This people are testing you to see if you're submissive enough to be their footmat. Abeg no gree. This is almost two years since my father ceased to exist, and more than one year since he was buried. Everything he left behind, I control ALL. If there's anyone I don't control now, it's because I don't have enough knowledge about it. And about my uncles....all of them have ran away. If I tell you that I'm an only son without any brother and I was able to do this by the power of God, you may find it hard to believe.

I had to write this story of mine here to motivate you. God is bigger than juju. My only issue with your account is that you may not be legitimate son, or that your mom may not be regarded in strict legal terms as a wife to your father till his death. Where these doubts are taken care of by corresponding facts, then you should exercise authority as the man of the house. May God be with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / Moments Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.