Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53215 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by macjurek(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2020
My brother be patience with all events,if you are the one that deposit his corpse at the Moguel,go there and instruct them to abide by the rules,of not releasing the corpse with you signing it off and nobody comes to see the corpse's with permission.

As for the shop get another key and lock it and do not get anger nor fight.

The village people are wicked and diabolical.

I strongly believe south east pattern or trend playing.

Cheers
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by dammyco(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2020
keep all your father important documents and play along with your uncle. after the burial your uncle will be after your father's properties.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by stephnie44(f): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
be prayerful ND fight for wat belongs to u.dont let Dem collect ur inheritance cos of quietness
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by bizzibodi(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2020
1.Do yur father has ppties in d village or city?
2.Was yur mother legally married to yur father?is she with yur father b4 he died?
3.How big is d shop,what goods or worth is inside?
4.Are u in good relationship with yur father b4 he died,when he was sick have u ever visited him.
5.Who took care of him when he was sick?we took him to hospital, who paid his bills.
I can advice u if I get yur answers.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by macjurek(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2020
My brother be patience with all events,if you are the one that deposit his corpse at the Moguel,go there and instruct them to abide by the rules,of not releasing the corpse without you signing it off and nobody comes to see the corpse's without your knowledge permission.

As for the shop get another key and lock it and do not get anger nor fight.

The village people are wicked and diabolical.

I strongly believe south east pattern or trend playing.

Cheers
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by manuelreports: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2020
Guy stand up as a man and fight
If na me eh that compound go catch fire that day. U dey craze to open my Father's shop or fix burial without my notice.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NnaNna4(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2020
laughter123:

I will advice you leave them alone. It's painful but just be calm and wise. Don't allow them kill you o because these people are evil. Better still pray for revelation

Who be this. See this one. I first lost my mom and then my dad. And since then I have been awake. Any smallest closing of eye umunna union will rob you. And you if appear calm they will still Robb you.

Mind you your inheritance is like respect from your father. It boosts survival and existence. And it sure demands that you get it and guard jealously.

My dad wasn't much educated but the things he left behind Hmmm how many years salary do I need to get half of it with my BSc. And if you don't look tough like JESUS the Pharisees of uncles with eat you up

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by supereagle(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

No tribalism is intended please. Which state? It is wrong to leave you out. The man left children behind.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Burna440(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2020
I lost my dad sometimes last year and before he was buried they already started sharing his property, now they left only his house in the town for us, even d one in the village was taken, we never dragged with them but I only made two statements 1. Hope they will be paying the school fees of my dad children since they have taken everything? 2. That they also have children and they too will die some days? With that I just pack my bag and went to service(NYSC). Low and behold two are dead in less than two years... my point is don’t drag with them only tell them what is right in a cool way and leave the rest to God and ur Ancestors cos dem no go just sit down look d innocent being trampled on

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Observer1: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2020
First of all, where is your mother?

How much does your father assets worth just estimate it,let's see if it's worth fighting for?

Then I can state my input.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by lagosrd: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2020
Pay your last respect to your father at the mortuary. Let go the burial and the properties. Don't go and die young. Once they could
1. Open your fathers shop without your consent pls stay away.
2. Once they could transfer monies to your uncles son account . remain silent
3. Once they could fix the burial dates without you been there o boy stay away.
4. Once they has had the gut that they don't need your permission to do anything , stay away.
5. Once they say what can you contribute, stay away.

Don't go about reporting one uncle to one aunty, they always have a meeting place where they share your father's money.
Don't go and get into the cobwebs of wicked people with deceit.

You can only inform your father's friends and stay away and keep mute. Stay far from them , they will harm you. Even if you come begging from them , they will still harm you. BE WARNED

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by lagosrd: 9:44am On Jun 09, 2020
TheArchangel:
Are you sure it is your fathers sweat?
What was your relationship with him? Or you also heard that he is gone and you want to make your own grabs cos what is happening to you is a very rare occurrence especially at 24. And Where have you been all this while?
Have you been in contact with them about the burial or you just jumped when you heard that his shop was opened?
And they needed to make sales in order to bury him, ain't that right? Or are you footing the burial.?
Except if you all are all wacked upstairs as there is no reason for them not to involve you.

Your submission is the most hopeless I ever read in a lifetime. So lifeless to say the least.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.

hey, you have given the worst advise so far, how can u tell one to forfeit his late dad's property and burial, you most be joking.
OP, i dont know how old u are, if u are above 18, and your dad died intestate(without a will), then,you, your mom and the rest of the children are automatically the administrators of your late father's property.
so i advise you take charge and get a lawyer cause you might just need legal actions against your dubious uncles.
please donot make the mistake of sitting and watching, they will take advantage of your inaction and sweep u under the rug, in fact your mom should be the one on the front line not u, u will only back her up with your education, try to know your rights and educate her.
and i repeat, Law enforcement is always there for u, iut will only cost you a reasonable amount of money, but its worth it.
and act wisely catch them unaware.
when they find themselves in police custody and in court with all evidence against them, nobody go tell them.
make sure u start to record ur conversations with them when u have the chance, take pictures, film their dubious act without their knowledge,. keep your distance though
goodluck
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by saintneo(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

How old are you? Do you have other relations apart from these uncle's? Are you ready to fight?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by govomotors: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2020
I have a little advise for you. I know my advise will be hard and painful.

I believe you can survive without your father's wealth. Whatsoever is their plan, allow them and sheepishly follow their instructions.

If they decide to claim all you father's property, allow them. Accept defeat like a lion abandoning his price catch for the group of hyenas to feast.
Let nature fight on your behalf.

You said your four (4) uncle have one heart meaning they are planning together.

If you decide to fight them or challenge them, it means you are digging your own grave.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:

hey, you have given the worst advise so far, how can u tell one to forfeit his late dad's property and burial, you most be joking.
OP, i dont know how old u are, if u are above 18, and your dad died intestate(without a will), then,you, your mom and the rest of the children are automatically the administrators of your late father's property.
so i advise you take charge and get a lawyer cause you might just need legal actions against your dubious uncles.
please donot make the mistake of sitting and watching, they will take advantage of your inaction and sweep u under the rug, in fact your mom should be the one on the front line not u, u will only back her up with your education, try to know your rights and educate her.
goodluck
thats how you’ll get old fighting for fathers property. Nor go work for your own. As if his uncles are not his fathers family as well. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. I’m currently building a house for my father but I don’t care who inherits it after because I’m doing good for myself and I plan to do more in the future. Not minding if my father owns a village or not.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by kikelomojessy(f): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
I've asked them and he said he didn't need my permission to open the shop and asked what can i contribute for the burial...hence i am a final year student and above 24yrs. My mum is not around.. normally i would have acted but i just want to follow them with wisdom

I would have shared some insight but your age and your mum not being around mess things up.i know no matter how little u are they are suppose to tell you but that shows that Ur uncles don't care about doing what is right.
They know u can't bury Ur late dad and u can't drag with them.

Just show up at the burial and continue with Ur life. You will be greater than what they think.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oluwagr8nes(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2020
You are old enough to make this decision!

So get a court injection against your uncle's decision.

In order news,

Make money!!!

Earn up to $30 daily by simply watch paid video adverts?

All you need to withdraw is your Paypal, Bit coin account.

Withdrawals can also be via Western Union.

Interested?

See below,

https://dcivideon.pw/749563209246844/
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Olarewaju89: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2020
dam4sam:

What if he falls into a ditch and die, while running?
A Man will die when it is his time to die and just drinking water will kill him, when his time has come!

Look at Abba Kyari, with all the Power he commands in this country, as the De Facto President, who would beleivev that it is just a tiny, microscopic virus that will choke him to death?
Dont die before your death, do what is right and go forward without fear, if it is not yet your time, no one can kill you

Well you have a good point. But let let him pray and watch.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Drizzy5001(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Sorry for the loss bro.
This is why I hate paternal uncle's they are very wicked, heartless, and dangerous.
Maternal relatives on the other hand are mostly calm, kind, and Good-hearted. Maybe because there is nothing they will drag with you .
In times like this you need to draw your self closer to God, be more prayerful bro, because they will do anything possible within their strength to eliminate you.
And go to your maternal home seek for their support to help you fight this battle, because you can't do this alone.
The Lord is your strength my brother.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by omolasho: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Listen do not create scene about the burial, the Dead is dead. However, after burial, let him know you were not amused for being sideline on the burial date. But you must make sure you take possession of your father's business.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
thats how you’ll get old fighting for fathers property. Nor go work for your own. As if his uncles are not his fathers family as well. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. I’m currently building a house for my father but I don’t care who inherits it after because I’m doing good for myself and I plan to do more in the future. Not minding if my father owns a village or not.

you must be a joker, mr builder. i am not disputing the fact that one needs to develop himself. but situations are different, your dad is still alive, he might not own shit, if he does, he might choose not to share among his children to help them expand the empire, unfortunately this situation is quite different, his father passed suddenly, with out preparing his children for life after his death, a sad situation though, i know cos i was in this situation 8yrs ago.
so a man lived his life struggled to build an empire for himself with hope that his children will take over when he is no more, and you are telling him to let all his late dad's life struggles to go to waste.
Bro this is 2020, a digital age, all you need, you are educated, use your education to defeat illiterate that think they are living in 1961, ur phone is always a means of gathering evidence.
if u chat with this uncles on social media, do well to save any evidence worthy content against them, record ur conversations during calls, when u must have gathered enough evidence, involve the authorities and the will beg u.
i have said my piece.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by walkwithgod(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2020
NnaNna4:

Who be this. See this one. I first lost my mom and then my dad. And since then I have been awake. Any smallest closing of eye umunna union will rob you. And you if appear calm they will still Robb you.

Mind you your inheritance is like respect from your father. It boosts survival and existence. And it sure demands that you get it and guard jealously.

My dad wasn't much educated but the things he left behind Hmmm how many years salary do I need to get half of it with my BSc. And if you don't look tough like JESUS the Pharisees of uncles with eat you up

Well said my brother, Nigeria of today hard pass Dangote cement. Anything wey your papa leave in his demise na your own. Let his brothers also go and work for thiers so that thier children can inherit too.

Any bagger from my papa side wey try dat shit with me na goner cause i no go hesitate to obliterate am.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by walkwithgod(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2020
dairykidd:

Omor u still have a long way to go. They just dey oppress u sha. There's no need dragging properties with them. Do u mean ur late dad never left any will? You don't know his lawyer(s)? Is there no elderly person u can get on ur side in the absence of the above? I feel ur pain bro.. Sadly enough those vampires are not likely to stop there believe me. I wish u had acted fast and beat them to their first move of taking over the shop and diverting all dividends to their account but i understand u have been grieving n that was probably the last on ur mind. Your uncles have very wicked intentions. They want u people to suffer hence they're taking over everything. Meanwhile, use wisdom. If i were u i wouldn't even be present in the burial or if u go just show face and disappear before the whole rite ends. E nor easy. Na this kind thing dey make young man use use better pumpy chase all of them comot for road... but apply wisdom bro play it cool. Na challenge to u to hustle harder. Pls do not ever go to any of ur uncles or any elderly person in the family for any form of assistance now or in the near or farthest future. Both who no talk put and who dey talk put dey very aware and together on the matter. Them done draw line down for u since... God will make a way for u.

Bros, anything wey your pman keep is rightfully yours as long as family Sabi say e get pikin.

How many youths of today fit build house for this Buhari weather ? Very few. Things are pretty tough at the moment. So the property the man left should act as succor / financial support for the family he left behind.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ozoemenaca: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2020
My brother there are more to the story you are not telling us. How is your relationship with your father like before he died. How is the relationship of your father and mother was before he died, if bad what role did you play. Your father I suppose is like your uncles, from what you said that whatever one says others would follow suit. They are a united family that loves themselves so much, don't be surprise that your father might have severally complained to them about the treatment towards him from you, your siblings or your mother that makes them to wait for you at this particular time. Having checked your actions towards your father, and you related well with him, then you know that those your uncles are evil and you need to be careful. Moreso, your father ought to have handed down some instructions to you because he would know his brothers better than any other person. You cannot fight them so try to play cool and show them some respect I believe one of them would open up.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Malawian(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Allow them bury your dad first. Then go after the shop.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by SKINDOGGY: 10:27am On Jun 09, 2020
femmyapson:

come and give me puppy bro
Bring money bro
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by MrPaul2: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.
Very true. But do you know its possible they killed him just to get hold of his properties? The son left behind that was suppose to unchain his spirit should fold his hands and watch because he is afraid abi.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Do not make the mistake of missing your dads burial, they will label u a wayward child and will use that against you.
Make research about intestate inheritance in Nigeria, you will realize the volume of responsibility you have to your immediate family, you are 24, school is not an excuse to hide and shy away from your responsibilities, your younger ones will depend on you from now on.
Relax, control yourself, realize that you have just inherited not only a biz and properties but also responsibilities. then act on this.
if you allow ur uncles to control your fathers asset, they will abandon you and your siblings and take advantage of this to better their lives.
most importantly do not get greedy with this inheritance, when u must have won the battle against your uncle, remember this are not your properties, u will have to share all this assets among you and ur siblings in due time.
IT IS TIME FOR U TO SIT UP BRO.
i know this because i have experienced this and know alot about it already. though i am not the first son, i did my part.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:

you must be a joker, mr builder. i am not disputing the fact that one needs to develop himself. but situations are different, your dad is still alive, he might not own shit, if he does, he might choose not to share among his children to help them expand the empire, unfortunately this situation is quite different, his father passed suddenly, with out preparing his children for life after his death, a sad situation though, i know cos i was in this situation 8yrs ago.
so a man lived his life struggled to build an empire for himself with hope that his children will take over when he is no more, and you are telling him to let all his late dad's life struggles to go to waste.
Bro this is 2020, a digital age, all you need, you are educated, use your education to defeat illiterate that think they are living in 1961, ur phone is always a means of gathering evidence.
if u chat with this uncles on social media, do well to save any evidence worthy content against them, record ur conversations during calls, when u must have gathered enough evidence, involve the authorities and the will beg u.
i have said my piece.
mr man you know nothing about properties and inheritance. When an uncle and in this case not just one but 4 uncles are hell bent on taking the property for themselves, you think they’ll back out because you recorded evidence? This is village matter. Like I said, when the fight gets gory, you will not be there to support him. Why don’t you hire him a good lawyer then? Fight the fight for him. Take up the case and make sure he gets everything. Don’t just push him to do it. Una go dey una house dey make mouth. Do you know how many young men have become a shadow of themselves because of cases like this?

So many families are at loggerheads for years because of one piece of land. Some have lost their lives. Use your head abeg and stop pushing someone to start what he can’t finish.

When you are ready to fight the fight with him, I’ll take you serious

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 09, 2020
MrPaul2:

Very true. But do you know its possible they killed him just to get hold of his properties? The son left behind that was suppose to unchain his spirit should fold his hands and watch because he is afraid abi.
find him a gun to kill the uncles and take the property since they killed his father.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by nwadiuko1(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2020
involve your clan head or igwe. involve you maternal people involve the police get a lawyer get men be spiritual be a man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Moments Like This / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / 2 Sisters Die The Same Day & Time In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.