Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53189 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chris51(f): 6:40am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
It's sad that your father's burial date was fixed by your uncles without informing you.
To start with, how old are you? Just in case you are a minor and your uncles are acting on your behalf.
What of your mother?
Is she properly married to your father?
Who is the official next of kin to your father?
It's your late father's next of kin who is in a position to act on behalf of the family.
Many men make mistakes and make their brothers, their next of kin.
Unfortunately when they die, the widow and children suffer.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chris51(f): 6:41am On Jun 09, 2020
chris51:

It's sad that your father's burial date was fixed by your uncles without informing you.
To start with, how old are you? Just in case you are a minor and your uncles are acting on your behalf.
What of your mother?
Is she properly married to your father?
Who is the official next of kin to your father?
It's your late father's next of kin who is in a position to act on behalf of the family.
Many men make mistakes and make their brothers, their next of kin.
Unfortunately when they die, the widow and children suffer.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by hardbody: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

24 year old without a job, still in school.

Enough said.

Good morning sir.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ruggedtimi(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
before you do anything make sure u are backed up spiritually

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by finnestdope(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

I love this advice....

However, Aizen123... there is a guy up there that said you should transfer your father's corpse or give the mortuary keepers warning not to release the corpse...

Now my own suggestion is to go with the first guy's advice, which is what I just said in the prev. paragraph. Then, if everything is still heating up, like there start threatening you, then go with the advice I just quoted.

Don't fight anyone, you can still be greater than your Dad, and that would be to their amazement!!

Ahoy Ninja

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Doyou2019: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Bola146:
Sorry for your loss, please don't let them kill you, let them do whatever they want to do, just be in one accord with your siblings, don't wait for any property to be shared, go far to where you can hustle

Nigerians are so scared of death, they wouldn't even fight the injustice done to them. This useless behaviour is why we allow our useless leaders to treat us like trash.

God doesn't even like weaklings. What use is the soul of a man who can't stand and fight his own detraxtors?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by olax02(m): 6:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Please i beg You in The name of God dont fight with them over the properties, allow them to have their ways just because of peace and your future. You still have a brighter future ahead of You. As for The burial if they inform You fine and if they dont, just stay cool during The burial dont sleep over and also watch your food...

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by HRMK: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2020
DO U AV THE SPIRITUAL AND FINANCIAL MUSCLE WITH WHICH U CAN CONFRONT THEM?DO U KNOW IF UR DAD WAS KILLED BY THEM?HMMM...FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ingredient88(m): 6:58am On Jun 09, 2020
My brother all what you need is to just calm down don't rush things you might be the first born but that doesn't give you the full authority over your father's things right now you don't even know what the will says or maybe maybe your uncle has the idea maybe you will get to a particular age before you can know what is going on all the same you got to be careful learn how to grow and succeed and make it in life you don't even looking at your father's property your uncle might have different thing entirely for you so you got to be careful because your life your breath is very important don't let anybody take it away from you because of property so please take things easy pretend as if you don't even know anything anyone they call you up and do it and if they did not tell you just forget about it because on your life and trying to make things that and see what is going to happen because when you try doing some things now fighting your own just because that the property belongs to your father might find something that you you don't like and the end of the day which may even cost you your life I know what I'm saying I understand so please be careful don't rush things and don't fight or abuse your uncle god bless you bro and sorry for the Lost God will send an helper to you the Lord is your strength
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by babajero(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Better do your father's burial yourself, unless you are willing to transfer your birthright to them, plan and fix the burial yourself but if they feel like supporting fine. But if they oppress you much then go to court, the court will suspend the burial and retrieve all that is rightfully yours.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Wantedmiller: 7:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Sorry for your loss!

OP.....I tried going through all the advice.....

almost all thinks your Uncles has a wicked plan.

now let me ask you.......has your dad in anyway told you that your Uncles are bad people?

Is your dad the richest in the family?

have you seen any signs before your father's death that your Uncles are bad people?

Have you showed any signs that you are interested or mature to participate in the burial?

Where is your mum? She should be the one to carry you along .

Who is gonna continue to pay your school fees?

a lot to ask ........before I lay accusation to any one

Life is too complicated.......
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chatinent: 7:06am On Jun 09, 2020
They have bad intentions for you. Try to do the burial yourself against all odds. Lock your dad's shop and return with your sister, if possible rent another house. You are now their victim.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by redsun(m): 7:08am On Jun 09, 2020
This point to two keys thing, firstly, you may not have been a strong participant in you dad's life and secondly, your financial status may much not impact got the burial expenses, in other words, you could be struggling financially.

Just my take. I may not be right, but something is fishy there. You should be the one making the decisions in consultation with the elders of your family.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Doyou2019: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2020
bluebay:
I think it’s time you gather your gang too. If your mother is alive, gather his family members to your side then go to the mortuary and transfer the corps of your Late father elsewhere and drop a standing order that no one is allowed to retrieve him, apart from you . Then as for the Shop, lock it then get the police to invite your uncle and warn him never to step foot into the shop again.
It’s hard time you take big step and be incharge for your uncle has got plans of rubbishing you and might even marry and start bleeping your mother after wards . Fact

Gbamest. I for one would rather die fighting oppression than live watching unscrupulous elements walk over me. Best advice on this thread.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by divine4love: 7:09am On Jun 09, 2020
Your uncles look suspicious, as the first son you need to detect things to them, unless you're not of age.
Whatever action you want to take, seek the face of God first.
Lastly, what of mother? Is she alive?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Dalby(m): 7:11am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

If they fixed date and did not tell you means that financial support is not required from you and your siblings...so chill dey wait for them...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 09, 2020
donbachi:
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.

I'd have expeessly supported this your advice but, if the op doesn't have the spiritual strength to fight back he may just be playing with his life. The uncle has a backing that gave him the stupid boldness to do all that he has done so far. So except the op also has a backing. He will be like a prey in the mouth if the devourer.

When we say, trust in a Deity, so much that whenever things want to go wrong, you'd be able to call upon him with the assurance that he will answer, you won't now you need a God and you're afraid
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by condense42(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2020
Tho that may be bad actually, but it all boils down to what you can bring to the table, if you're not bringing anything to the table as per expenses for the whole process, hence their reason for making plans without you...but if its the other way round, then something is fishy...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Bentheta(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2020
donbachi:
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.

Please before you do this
With no offense
How ow old are you
What do yọu do
Is your mum still alive
Be very very careful sir
Speak to Elders in the society
Then who way billed the key
Best of luck
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chosenp: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks
i concur
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chinos20(m): 7:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Uncles are the worst enemy you can have!
Just be very careful,view is experience-based.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by heniford2: 7:26am On Jun 09, 2020
do don't be afraid be smart tell your mum to stop crying about his lost husband his dead and nothing can bring him back you as a guy man should man up oh nobody will kill you first do not take food from them do not disclose your actions to anybody do not be calm and watch them bury your father without you knowing its a sin and as culture has it he who buried someone has right over his property. be a man pray if you have to pray but act that's the reason God give you brain to think remember its your uncles shine your eyes the may also be of good intention maybe the feel your immature to handle stuff like that but tell them you want to be involve na your papa be that oh true his there brother but you have a say too so get your ass together with ur own brother and start acting if u like pray from now till the kingdom come the may loot ur dads business and keep u in a state u will regret it till u die.... a word is a enough for the wise do not go in war with them but proceed and protect your stuff involve people who are needed to be involved and keep urself safe...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by chosenp: 7:27am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.
i concur
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

QUESTION: How Old Are You?. Are You an Orphan? Is Your Father"s Death, It That Have Ever Brought You to The Village? Did You ask if Your Father Made a Death Wish?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by drlateef: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2020
donbachi:

Be ready to be spiritually strong before you adopt this advice. Otherwise you may soon meet your dad in the grave. I am serious.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:

Very good advice.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by nurusystem(m): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Are they sango worshipers,Christian or Muslims. if u r Muslim they are suppose to share your dad property to the children n the mum. ojoro no dey.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ilovebeer(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

there are many questions you need to answer 1where is your mum? She has to be sincere to you and tell you the truth before you dabble on issue you are ignorant of.2 w[/color]w[left][/left][right][/right]ho are you to your father before he died I hope you are not prodigal? Please make inquiries before you make serious mistake. Let me give you example of a related matter that happened to someone I know years back.This young man was adopted by the parents without him knowing and the father died, in their tradition they don't recognized adopted son in the property sharing and this innocent dude was ignorant of all these and he made a lot mistakes before he founds out by then it was too late he was disgraced by the uncles. I am not saying that you were adopted by please make serious enquiries. God bless you.[color=#000099]
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NoToPile: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Ten06:
In my case, immediately I put my father's corpse in the mortuary I went straight to MFM and did 5days strong fasting and deliverance there. Immediately I came out of the deliverance I started visiting my uncles to plan the burial, all their wisdom they tried to play to shortchange me and my brothers fell on the side ways. The wisdom I displayed during the discussion preceding the burial and after the burial still baffles me till today.

This is the way to handle this people, be spiritually fortified.

If you want to do it in your might, you are on your own ooo.

Those uncles can be brutal and ruthless,ready to nack you jazz because of shikini property. Terrible people.
Fighting because of property in Nigeria most times doesn't end well.

Op the deed is done already, they have taken his corpse to mortuary and fixed date, go along with them

For the shop and properties matter follow this advise I quoted look for a true church since churches are closed now look fora true pastor and narrate the issue to that will pray with you. This peoples matter is about fasting and prayer, if prayer reach where e suppose reach they are the ones that will call you and had over the properties to you personally.

But to do gragra? you may have to pay with your life, yeah they are that wicked.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by mhizv(f): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:

Literally the best advice any one can give right now!!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by placeofallure(f): 7:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Thanks everyone for your advice

Remember what someone here said, after the whole show, stay as faaaaaar away from them as possible. Allow yourself to fade in their minds. They can not milk the cow but they can pour the milk away. Be guided.

Also prevail on your siblings to do same. God will be with you.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by B2mario(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Kai, this is too bad. Why will a brother wants to cover a brother property while he had children.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.