Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53190 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by OVB123: 4:11am On Jun 09, 2020
Nadaken:
oga you still young o, your uncle's can be diabolical it they can take such decisions on a vunurable youth like you.

Just let them be
I don't know why some people are advising him wrongly? u have said d truth my dear, his still very young @ 24 years and they are better days ahead of him. he shouldn't firth with his uncle(s) because if he does, it will be very dangerous 4 him and his simbling.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Goldencheese(m): 4:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks but still i can't let someone else take my father's sweat... Will surely follow them with wisdom and probably involve village elders if need arises even the youths have told me that they are behind me if it turns out they are planning something evil

Then work with the youths. And compensate them after the whole thing is done. Also inform your village elders and possibly your king or monarch.

However, take the advice a lot of people have shared here. But be careful...so many have died trying to fight over properties.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by toboy: 4:16am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.
First of all, my deepest condolences for your loss. May your Dad's soul rest in peace!
Eventhough your story is incomplete, I am gonna assume your uncles are the bad guys here because of a personal experience that happened to my own family. I have read through comments from people and you can see advices differ based on people's perspective and experience. Thus, you need to plan with your mum and siblings on what is best for you and for your family.

My advice is as follows:

1: If it's possible, seize and secure all official documents about the properties belonging to your Dad. Without theses documents, unfortunately, you cannot proof ownership of documents even in a law court.

2: Read all your Dad's dairy, letters, messages or books. This can provide vital information and business deals.

3: Uncles are very good when it comes to conniving and anexing properties. Confronting them directly will put your life and that of your family in great danger. They can posion you or send people to kill. This is no lie. To avoid this, you need to mobilize people who will support you cuz you won't win it alone. First start by talking to the Aunt in the family (women are often knowledgeable and also more truthful, they have thier meetings and will spread the word for you if truly the preperties belong to your Dad.). After this, involve the village elders and youth age.

3, Since you are a final year student and don't have any means of your own involving police and lawyers will take up a lot money, energy and resources from you. But I encourage you to make a statement and court charges. This can serve as evidence and for future fight.

4: as some have suggested, you can go to your father's burial. Prapare a speech. Say it out and shame your uncles for trying to steal your father's properties and for making life unbearable for you, your Mum and siblings. Make sure someone videos it. This a good evidence . The person that suggested is a genus. Soiling your uncle's reputation and shaming them is a good way of calling them to order and also calling people to empathize and support. Use that opportunity!

5: If your uncles remain adamant. You and your mum should consider leaving the properties for them. You might be blessed in the future and accomplish greater things. From experience, the uncles that does this are the lazy and wicked ones who are fool at 40 and who has wasted all thier youth and dreams. At old age, they will get to regret thier actions.

6: Take care of yourself and your family

All the best

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by slimiyke(m): 4:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
It is quite bad that as the first son they planned your dad's burial without your consent, but it could be because you were not being active and possibly not being so much fully involved in the family activities which is why they felt your opinion does not really matter....But I must tell you this is the time to reclaim your mandate in the family and play your role so actively without that nobody will fear or regard you in that family....My condolences bro
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Na this kind Uncle I go like get in family, u bring urself so low before them in the past that's why they are treating u as outcast , u are a weak soul, but play with caution because Elders like us use to say, if u don't ask what killed ur father before u start fighting, definitely what killed ur father will also kill u, use Judas tactics and play them , maybe they knw what killed ur father, anyway if u like to meet my spiritualist for special needs don't hesitate to call... We are at ur service
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ayoncox: 4:44am On Jun 09, 2020
Na this area I be cabal at your age, something close wanted to happen from wrong people my father brought close to himself when he was in another city where only myself and him stay and visit our family home during breaks before he retired.
At 20, I warned my father about them but he did not listen. Finally they buried charm in the compound such that my father does not come to the house again. To the glory of God, I said everyone of them will scatter and so it was.
It was after everything was settled that I moved on

Now let me advice,

Your most important tool now is prayers

First and foremost pray that God should bring confusion and disgrace to the agreement of your uncle. Also pray that God should send his warring agents against anyone who may be behind your fathers death.

Pray for protection for yourself and your younger ones.

Now go and read all the documents your father has, try and meet all his friends and go on discussion, do not be direct.

Try going on 3 to 7 days fasting and prayers.

Visit the Oba or Igwe of your town and ask that you and your younger ones are not ready so the burial should be delayed.

In all case don't talk, just smile.

Fire them from your prayer alter.

Use this Book by Mountain Of Fire Call Prayer Rain.

http://2.droppdf.com/files/dWPYr/prayer-rain.pdf
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by davillian(m): 4:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Money stops nonsense.....

And for the shop its either you let them bury your dad first and you empty the shop one early morning...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by idiagbo86(m): 4:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Be very careful with those set of uncles,they have alot in store that u can imagine and they will keep unfolding them gradually.Stay far from them as any physical contact could great u for fetish manipulations.Find away and outsmart them,if it was ur dad that built the house pls make sure u change the keys back,change that of the shop and reach the mortuary as well to give instructions .May God help u bro
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Go and report the issue to your father.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NoToPile: 5:13am On Jun 09, 2020
donttouchme:

The battle is lost my friend. Just nurse ur wound and move on. Similar thing happend when my father died in 2012 I was in Nd2, my elder brother was not interested. i had to take charge. First, i took d corpse to the mortuary and all the pressure and threat mounted by my uncles to send the corpse to them fell on a deaf ear.With my mother behind me, i matched on. They held several meetings without informing us; but they had one problem, they dont hv d corpse. Finally, they invited me for a meeting. In that meeting, i realised they hv planned everything. I asked how they are going to raise the fund, they said they will take a loan which they will refund with the proceed of the burial. And that we dont hv any business near the condolence register. My suspicions were confirmed. I left and went around the village to meet my fathers friends who helped to raise the burial funds. We planned the burial in the city with some elders in the village.

On the burial day, i had to get my elder brother on our side. Infact, i told him everything that transpired. He promise not to disappoint. We drove the corpse to the village on the morning of the burial. During the condolence, my elder brother chased my uncles from the canopy with a cutlass and threatened to kill any of them that will come close.

Elders begged him to allow one of them. He accepted on the condition that the uncle will sit there as a spectator. My younger brothers served as d secetary and treasurer.

In the end, we realised a lot of money that helped all of us to finish school and become the men we are today.

So my brother, u did not act on time. You are a way older than me when i faced my uncles. People were advising me to leave them but i refused. i had to outsmart them. Just move on. U didnt make a move on time. In the end, they will sell ur father's lands and tell you they use the money for the burial and money realised was used to pay up balances.

I just pray God will touch their heart to leave u guys with something. Just move on, its too late to cry.

I learn a lot on NL sha sad

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Bar1941(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
hmmm i have 4 uncle's and they have one heart o... whatever the elder brother does is what they will do

Involve your uncle(s) and aunt(s) from your mother side, your father's friend(s) and trustworthy elders around. By the way, are you mature enough to handle all these? If not, let your mom and other trusted elders do the fighting. It's such a critical situation, all the best.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ten06(m): 5:22am On Jun 09, 2020
They don't have right to fix your father's burial date in your absent, stand your ground and tell them that what they did is wrong and let them agree with you. Going forward make sure you stand your ground to put things in right other by taking possession of your father's shop and other properties before the burial, if not after the burial they will take it as their right to spoon fed you with your own food. And if they insist take them to court, but before you start the fight make sure you are strong spiritually. In my case I took time out to fast for 5days in MFM, then seek advice from some elders who knows my village traditions before I went, and I succeeded in taking everything that belong to my late father from them. I wish you success
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ten06(m): 5:30am On Jun 09, 2020
In my case, immediately I put my father's corpse in the mortuary I went straight to MFM and did 5days strong fasting and deliverance there. Immediately I came out of the deliverance I started visiting my uncles to plan the burial, all their wisdom they tried to play to shortchange me and my brothers fell on the side ways. The wisdom I displayed during the discussion preceding the burial and after the burial still baffles me till today.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ogawisdom(m): 5:40am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

Are you man enough

Are you financially bouyant

Can you foot the bill for the burial

How old are you

U need to think thoroughly before acting

Ur uncles still see you as a little boy
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by adslipps: 5:52am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks but still i can't let someone else take my father's sweat... Will surely follow them with wisdom and probably involve village elders if need arises even the youths have told me that they are behind me if it turns out they are planning something evil

Don’t rely on what the youths are saying, they will only cause violence.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NwaIgboBoy(m): 5:56am On Jun 09, 2020
please pray against any evils plans coming ur way.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Gaddafih001(m): 5:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Please I want to ask you,what kind of son are you to your father?
From the look of things, you live in Lagos while your dad lives in the East...
Where is your mother in this whole scenario?
Is she late?
If not,where was she when your dad took ill?
Is it your uncle’s and the family that took care of your dad while you guys where in Lagos?
Do you seldom speak with your dad while he was alive?
If yes,when you stopped hearing his voice,what did you do?
Listen attentively,if it was your uncle’s and their family that took care of him and you are coming to fix date for burial, you are in for a long thing.
You have lost the right to be a son if your answers are negative to this questions and if you do anyhow, you will see anyhow.
For your information,they now hate you with passion and will clear you guys out if care is not taken.
Just go home now,kneel down and tell them to forgive you that you felt awkward not being involved in the burial of your father.
Retrace your steps because this might turn to something else.
Exactly same thing happened to my cousin.
He never cared until the father died...
He never participated in his burial and now the mum is dead and the whole family said she should not be buried in any of the husbands property.
The funniest thing is that the guy don’t even know a single plot of land owned by the father.
The woman’s corpse is still in the morgue since January 4th and the stalemate continues.....

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by coolcare(m): 6:04am On Jun 09, 2020
Did the person that inform you told you not to tell them they have fixed the burial?

Just put a call to them confirming the new. After confirmation just play along and let them know you are not happy about their actions and that's all for burial, go there on that day and do your part.

On your Dad property, do you have mother in the village? Open discussion about it and tell them to decide. Whatever they decided is fine by you and move on.

You just need to be open with them and be straight forward. Let them be the lawyer and judge of their case.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ALABACONNECT(m): 6:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Truth still remains, CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES CAREFULLY
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Maybe you should just leave dem alone to do everything, its obvious you re not ready to assume that responsibility.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Benwallt(m): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2020
That means nothing dey your pocket as in you don't have money. That is the reason he shaved your head abolo why you not in the saloon.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by KIDfurniture(m): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2020
My brother let them do whatever they like. They re bad people. It Is simply because you have not made money. That is why them no wan bother you. Shabi na their brother , let them bury em oh. No argue or fight them

Aizen123:

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Analand(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2020
In the demise of your father you automatically becomes the head of his empire...........the decision to fix a date for your fathers burial lie on you n not on your kings men......so take charge but communicate same to them after you have taken the decision....that is the procedure
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by MPESA(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Slynation:

24yrs is old enough to assume leadership in absence of his dad naw

A Dog surrounded by Lions and Tigers resuming leadership duties .... Please no dey talk on subject you are not knowledgeable , you can as well learn by reading comments....
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by djperoski2010(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2020
If you're from the east, you have to show them you are capable of a little violence else they won't stop
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by HarunaWest(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Its your fathers sweat not your sweat..Dont be greedy... Young man dont put yourself in trouble over properties.I know in the Eastern part of the country, families lay claim to their brothers property.I dont know about your axis.
Just let them have their way. Whatever decision they take, just accept
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by johnnychuks(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2020
donttouchme:

The battle is lost my friend. Just nurse ur wound and move on. Similar thing happend when my father died in 2012 I was in Nd2, my elder brother was not interested. i had to take charge. First, i took d corpse to the mortuary and all the pressure and threat mounted by my uncles to send the corpse to them fell on a deaf ear.With my mother behind me, i matched on. They held several meetings without informing us; but they had one problem, they dont hv d corpse. Finally, they invited me for a meeting. In that meeting, i realised they hv planned everything. I asked how they are going to raise the fund, they said they will take a loan which they will refund with the proceed of the burial. And that we dont hv any business near the condolence register. My suspicions were confirmed. I left and went around the village to meet my fathers friends who helped to raise the burial funds. We planned the burial in the city with some elders in the village.

On the burial day, i had to get my elder brother on our side. Infact, i told him everything that transpired. He promise not to disappoint. We drove the corpse to the village on the morning of the burial. During the condolence, my elder brother chased my uncles from the canopy with a cutlass and threatened to kill any of them that will come close.

Elders begged him to allow one of them. He accepted on the condition that the uncle will sit there as a spectator. My younger brothers served as d secetary and treasurer.

In the end, we realised a lot of money that helped all of us to finish school and become the men we are today.

So my brother, u did not act on time. You are a way older than me when i faced my uncles. People were advising me to leave them but i refused. i had to outsmart them. Just move on. U didnt make a move on time. In the end, they will sell ur father's lands and tell you they use the money for the burial and money realised was used to pay up balances.

I just pray God will touch their heart to leave u guys with something. Just move on, its too late to cry.

. the issue now is this the mother is no where to be found you conker your own battle because your mother is in front line of the battle not you, people have been asking him of the mother but he has nothing to say about the mother where about, I binging to sense may be the father and the mother are not together be for he died.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Obakovicho: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

How much u get? If you dey hustle do not argue, or dey leave d corpse for you. Do your best and leave d rest for God you no be vulture wey dey chop dead body. Dem go tell you brother dey before pikin come, do like say u no see before wetin kill ya papa kill u
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Judebility11(m): 6:36am On Jun 09, 2020
U coming out here to narrate Dis means dat u are of aged...., dar is something must people don't understand, keeping silent when u needed to act... Is very selfish to do, firstly u neva reacted when ur fathers shop was open without ur concept, and all u just do is keeping silent in d name of let peace be....., ur act dear simply means dat u are not man enough because dat particular act by ur uncle really need to be dealt wit...., and nw he has done d worse....,
Am a typical an Igbo guy.... An uncle in what so ever don't hv right to fix a burial not while d son of d man is alive..., is ur right, don't fold ur arms on Dis...., meet ur kinsmen and talk to dem.... Den listen to what dey hv to say be4 u take act....., I thing I hv to stop here for nw
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by lekki1444: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2020
let the dead bury the dead
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by heniford2: 6:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.
this is the most stupid suggestion i have read do you know that in Africa culture he who buried you has right over ur property look young man first call your own family together have a meeting tell your brothers your finding seek there suggestion reason so that the are all carried alone then call your uncles another meeting in explaining to them that you want to be involve in ur fathers burial arrangement that his your family u feel u should be involve second show up in your Father's shop one day without there knowledge ask fro sales book of sales be bold if your dad has any other house property visit them this particular period u should stop acting like a kid becareful what u eat drink or you shake hands with you can ask fro security from police the will give you one if your a christian invite a man of God for purposely house deliverance reasons you want the house to be delivered from evil stuff do not confront you uncles one on one do not do that be bold, man up and ready be unpredictable keep your movements know to urself alone on another day go to you Father's shop early in the morning before anyone would come to the shop and lock it up if the ask why tell them your father its dead lets bury him first before do not say another thing buy key and lock it up ...
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by divine4love: 6:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Your uncles look suspicious. But seek the face of God before taking action.
As the first son you're in position to fix your father's burial. Unless you're not of age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.