Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? (11313 Views)

Is Love At First Sight Really Love? / Most Girls Dont Marry Who They Really Love. They Just Marry Whos Available. / Do Men Really Love How It Smells? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by Angelacruz: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
OBelz:
I've been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and we've been dating for 2 years. He talked about me meeting his family and I was very excited little did I know that it would turn out to be my worse nightmare.

I met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized I'm a Yoruba girl. She immediately told me to my face that I can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like the Yoruba people. My heart melted, hot tears rolled down from my eyes; I'm Yoruba and I'm in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".

I spoke with him about it and he keeps assuring me that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of our union. Every time I try to move on he comes begging that everything would be fine and that we will get married. I really love this guy, why I love him I don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve my heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so I carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.

Just recently his mother called my parents to tell them that I can't get married to her son and asked that I should be warned to stay off her son.

He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly I don't know where I stand... I really love him but what do I do?
back off....there is nothing you can do

1 Like

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by Leezah(f): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
Angelacruz:
hmmmm
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by OBelz(f): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
Angelacruz:
Thanks
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by MJlee31(m): 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
QuinModah:
my younger brother's girlfriend is Yoruba, and a Muslim.

Being Igbo, I know the uphill task his have facing me, but I've already told my parents long ago, they're not messing with my younger brothers's love life, he said, "he have zero qualms cutting anyone off if they try to interfere".
Hello
How are u

2 Likes

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by QuinModah(f): 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
MJlee31:

Hello
How are u
Fine and you?
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by MJlee31(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
QuinModah:
Fine and you?
I am good
Pls can we chat on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by Cherez: 12:36am On Feb 05, 2021
Quiet horrible from his mom but the guy should man up if he loves you
Hard to see a lady giving a man in these times, shows you're a great lady and he'll loose if he succumbs to his mum
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by Innobee99(m): 6:21am On Feb 05, 2021
Am from Kogi State and my fiancee is from Oyo state. My babe is one cute Yoruba lady, I brought her home and presented her to my mum cuz dad is late. My mum called me one side and was telling why bringing a Yoruba lady for marriage when we have beautiful ladies in my hometown? I was like, mum this is who I want and nothing will change it. Today, na my mama even love the babe pass me wey get the babe. My mum calls her almost everyday.
Let him stand his ground if he actually do loves u
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by OBelz(f): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2021
cheesy
Innobee99:
Am from Kogi State and my fiancee is from Oyo state. My babe is one cute Yoruba lady, I brought her home and presented her to my mum cuz dad is late. My mum called me one side and was telling why bringing a Yoruba lady for marriage when we have beautiful ladies in my hometown? I was like, mum this is who I want and nothing will change it. Today, na my mama even love the babe pass me wey get the babe. My mum calls her almost everyday.
Let him stand his ground if he actually do loves u
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by frozen70(f): 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
OBelz:
I've been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and we've been dating for 2 years. He talked about me meeting his family and I was very excited little did I know that it would turn out to be my worse nightmare.

I met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized I'm a Yoruba girl. She immediately told me to my face that I can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like the Yoruba people. My heart melted, hot tears rolled down from my eyes; I'm Yoruba and I'm in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".

I spoke with him about it and he keeps assuring me that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of our union. Every time I try to move on he comes begging that everything would be fine and that we will get married. I really love this guy, why I love him I don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve my heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so I carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.

Just recently his mother called my parents to tell them that I can't get married to her son and asked that I should be warned to stay off her son.

He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly I don't know where I stand... I really love him but what do I do?

My dear sister, it's difficult to walk out of a relationship you are enjoying, but as it is now, his parents has declared their intensions known to you and your family

He loves you quite alright but loves you more for being his backup in some financial issues or matters

He is finding it difficult to drop off the relationship and he is also finding it difficult to disobey his parents

For the fact that his mother has spoken to your parents about their unsupported relationship, just start finding your way out

Stop giving him and them those things you do give to him or to them, let them feel the heat as you are already feeling yours

You can't be going to the stream with a basket, you can't fetch water with it
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by cooljoe(m): 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
If he really wants u and some of his kins be it siblings or cousins support you, u can carry on. With time, they can help you win the mum over. But if they all are against it, better let it go, no matter how he stands his ground. Cos he wont be happy without his family, and you will have to be trying so dam hard. Too much drama u dont need.

1 Like

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by Leezah(f): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
cooljoe:
If he really wants u and some of his kins be it siblings or cousins support you, u can carry on. With time, they can help you win the mum over. But if they all are against it, better let it go, no matter how he stands his ground. Cos he wont be happy without his family, and you will have to be trying so dam hard. Too much drama u dont need.
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by larryking540: 10:14am On Apr 20, 2021
OBelz:

you actually love him , Bec you have invested in the relationship already,

2 Likes

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by OBelz(f): 6:21pm On May 24, 2021
larryking540:

you actually love him , Bec you have invested in the relationship already,
yeah
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by larryking540: 10:28am On May 25, 2021
have a cup of coffee or tea with him , to finalize , if it isn't going to working out,move on girl ,your biological prime is ticking daily.
Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by bepositive11: 2:38pm On May 25, 2021
OBelz:

It's a blessing in disguise. Let him go.

When you marry a man, you're also marrying his family. Don't think that you only have to deal with him - you will have to deal with his mom too.

And you may be fine with catering to his financial needs now but it's not sustainable. It will build resentment, especially when children join the mix.

Come to think about it, I wonder if he's taking advantage of you because you're providing for him financially.

1 Like

Re: I Really Love Him But What Do I Do? by OBelz(f): 4:27am On Jun 09, 2021
wink
bepositive11:

It's a blessing in disguise. Let him go.

When you marry a man, you're also marrying his family. Don't think that you only have to deal with him - you will have to deal with his mom too.

And you may be fine with catering to his financial needs now but it's not sustainable. It will build resentment, especially when children join the mix.

Come to think about it, I wonder if he's taking advantage of you because you're providing for him financially.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married Men Live In Regret!! They Are SUFFERING!! Don't Be Deceived!! (Photos) / 19 Most Ridiculous Odd Couples Who Prove Opposites Attract / Confessions Of A Randy Houseboy… Part 6 (SEX STORY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.