Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Ntel Downfall Has Started - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Downfall Has Started (2178 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel Downfall Has Started by ahmed486: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ntel downfall has really started. Their unlimited is no longer unlimited they have added a data cap.

Their network has gotten really bad. clocking at best 150Kb/s at Secretariat where my office is in Abuja
They increased their unlimited plan to N18,500
And to cap it all, I just found out that they have introduced a data cap of 100GB

With all these, This will be my last month of subscribing to the network.

I would rather pay 20K for 138GB of Glo which clocks over 5MB/s in my location. Pending when a true unlimited network comes out.

6 Likes

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by seunfly: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
ahmed486:
Ntel downfall has really started. Their unlimited is no longer unlimited they have added a data cap.

Their network has gotten really bad. clocking at best 150Kb/s at Secretariat where my office is in Abuja
And to cap it all, I just found out that they have introduced a data cap of 100GB

I would rather pay 20K for 138GB of Glo which clocks over 5MB/s in my location. Pending when a true unlimited network comes out.

Does ntel still function, i used to use them.3 years ago i never knew they are still in town.

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by ahmed486: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
seunfly:

Does ntel still function, i used to use them.3 years ago i never knew they are still in town.

They are, but their network is getting really bad by the day. The new data cap is what I just can't take.
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by AceRoot(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
How confirmed is this new policy on an unlimited service? I ask this and displaying both my daily and weekly NTEL unlimited data usage, presently.
The network service and speed seem area dependent in Abuja, I should add.

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by ahmed486: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
AceRoot:
How confirmed is this new policy on an unlimited service? I ask this and displaying both my daily and weekly NTEL unlimited data usage, presently.
The network service and speed seem area dependent in Abuja, I should add.

Their representative on Facebook confirmed this I will attach their reply below
Dear ---, kindly be informed that the new Unlimited plans (The unlimited Plus, Xtra and Prime) are designed for heavy users and SMEs. This is in a bid to cater for data-intensive activities like file sharing, torrents, video and game streaming, video conferencing etc. The new plans also have more threshold namely, 200GB for Plus, 350GB for Xtra and 600GB for Prime as opposed to the Family that have 150GB FUP limit monthly.
Live. More.

So from the info the new data cap is 150GB
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by scoundrel(f): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nigerians ran Ntel down. The company was never serious in the first place. I thought an indigenous company will know how to restrategize to face the same issues it was familiar with, but, mba o, them no give themselves sense.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by AceRoot(m): 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
ahmed486:

Their representative on Facebook confirmed this I will attach their reply below

So from the info the new data cap is 150GB

Thank you so much for sharing this here. I suppose they'll also have the decency of informing us all through email or when renewing the "Unlimited" data plan.
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Which one con be ntel again?

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by Emmanuelcann: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
TRUEBLOOD59:
Which one con be ntel again?
I wonder!
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by Akunwafor(m): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Internet wil never be cheap until power is fixed in the country.

If you know how much it costs to keep a base station running 24/7 then you'd pity some of these companies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by edoairways: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
scoundrel:
Nigerians ran Ntel down. The company was never serious in the first place. I thought an indigenous company will know how to restrategize to face the same issues it was familiar with, but, mba o, them no give themselves sense.
Why is it difficult for some indigenous firms to strive well in Nigeria compare to the foreign ones?

1 Like

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by generationz(f): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
ahmed486:

How does this work with glo?
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by pheesayor(m): 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ntel will lose customers, they will then come back to their senses and then remove the data caps. I will do a month as usual but disconnect all wifi users and block unnecessary sites, after this month I'll look for an alternative. This nonsense, in this day and age when data price is dropping.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by Harry00(m): 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ntel
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by heniford2: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
stupid post what has Ntel done to you, stop trying to kill that business
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
AyamAnonymous:
Same way transsion downfall is imminent tongue
Watch out for the new king in town cool

You need value for money undecided choose Redmi cool

You don't need to bring this here. This is the same reason we hated Tecno fanboys but looks like u lots might be worse.

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by teap7777: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
If ntel unlimited is caped at 150gb for 18500. I feel like is still the best compare to other 4g network which is caped at 100gb
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by micfoley: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ntel still exists?
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by AshipaEk0: 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
150GB for Family N18,500

200GB for Plus, N25,000

350GB for Xtra N40,000

600GB for Prime N60,000

Na Una dey misinterpret them sha.

they actually intend to reduce the number of customers they have to manageable levels with these price increases. its their normal tactic.

they want few rich customers only

1 Like

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by phemmyfour: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2020
Ntel still exist

1 Like

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by Akunwafor(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2020
AshipaEk0:
150GB for Family N18,500

200GB for Plus, N25,000

350GB for Xtra N40,000

600GB for Prime N60,000

Na Una dey misinterpret them sha.

they actually intend to reduce the number of customers they have to manageable levels with these price increases. its their normal tactic.

they want few rich customers only

That's a dumb move.

If they need 10k to buy internet from their mother provider and initially they were able to get 15 people to pay 1k, they would have made a profit of 5k.

But if they increase their prices to 1k5 and then cap data, then clearly they'll lose customers. Going by your analogy "the want few rich customers" if they lose say 7 customers, then they'd be making 12k.

Mind you, people flocked to ntel for no other reason but "unlimited" Internet, so I expect them to start running at a loss sooner, rather than later.

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by pheesayor(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
you're right, they'll lose customers then eventually come back to their senses

Akunwafor:

That's a dumb move.

If they need 10k to buy internet from their mother provider and initially they were able to get 15 people to pay 1k, they would have made a profit of 5k.

But if they increase their prices to 1k5 and then cap data, then clearly they'll lose customers. Going by your analogy "the want few rich customers" if they lose say 7 customers, then they'd be making 12k.

Mind you, people flocked to ntel for no other reason but "unlimited" Internet, so I expect them to start running at a loss sooner, rather than later.
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by ahmed486: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
generationz:

How does this work with glo?

Just dail *777# follow the prompts then select 'mega plans'

the plan also comes with additional 12GB for night browsing
Re: Ntel Downfall Has Started by ahmed486: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
heniford2:
stupid post what has Ntel done to you, stop trying to kill that business

I am not trying to kill any business. they are the ones that broke their promise to their customers.

Mind you I have been using Ntel since 2016 that they came out.
when their unlimited was 12500 then they increased to 17,500 and then 18,500.
I never complained but introducing a data cap is the height of it for me.

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Whatsapp Tricks You Didn't Know, But Should / Help: My Tecno Camon 12 Android Phone Misbehaving. / MTN E-sim??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.