Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. (48742 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by MPESA(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2020
WeRblessed:
Your husband doesn't own you nor your salary.

However, your husband has the right to know how much you are bringing in on a monthly basis. This will help you guyz plan well based on both of your income.

I think it's a slap in the face of your husband to make your child your next of kin while your husband is still alive. How would you feel if he does the same to you?

I don't want to jump into conclusion, but I feel you don't love your husband, because if you do, disclosing how much you make will not be an issue, unless your husband is irresponsible and jobless.

No she does love her husband but there's no trust in the marriage.... Making her son next of kin is not a big deal as well of willing all her properties to her kids , her husband can do the same basically the whole properties is still under the control of both parents in case of death.... So it's not a big deal , just that they are having a trust issue and the foundation is not properly built.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

Grow up..!
Take your own advice.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by MCIU: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2020
bigseank:
Your matter is not too hard, go and settle yourself. when he has done that something funny, then you can comeback we will settle it then.

But this is what we are saying, the typical Nigerian woman. Are you not married to the man?, ki ni big deal?, so that you can be chopping his money and your money together. "my money is my money and his money is our money" mentality, women and money ehn....because he is the husband he should die, its his own money that is public funds abi. see if you have told him Estelle Berglin “Swealife” – Julius Dein’s Girlfriend earlier it wont reach him saying he owns you and your salary, am quite sure you know how much he makes. and you are also not telling us what you yourself uttered or said during the confrontation. you refurbish the flat and so what is it your neighbor own you want to now refurbish, madam tell him how much you earn and no disturb us jare, the elders have other matters to settle.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by SURElee(f): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
What were you doing during courtship? This is what happens when alot are ignored during courtship?

Now a lady marries a man who sees her as his property and then an insecure man who sees his dominance over a woman as a means to control her and also control her finances.

Alot of people need to learn that when there is good and sincere love and trust, the partners you marry will willingly release every details without request or lording it over them by force.

I hope the singles can learn from this story, if dem like make dem focus on eating shawarma and pizza and no discuss real is sues bothering on finances, next of kin, love, security, family day to day activities, values, morals, family background and even after discussions shine your eyes for signs as some individuals will give the right answers but body language will be speaking another thing entirely.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by norame(f): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Men should learn to be real men haba. Focus on taking care of your family and leave your wife's finances jare. If the husband should ask for support then the woman should not deny him that if she have.

It just so annoying that a man should be fighting his wife because of her finances.

Mtchewww.....

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by norame(f): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
SURElee:
What were you doing during courtship? This is what happens when alot are ignored during courtship?

Now a lady marries a man who sees her as his property and then an insecure man who sees his dominance over a woman as a means to control her and also control her finances.

Alot of people need to learn that when there is good and sincere love and trust, the partners you marry will willingly release every details without request or lording it over them by force.

I hope the singles can learn from this story, if dem like make dem focus on eating shawarma and pizza and no discuss real is sues bothering on finances, next of kin, love, security, family day to day activities, values, morals, family background and even after discussions shine your eyes for signs as some individuals will give the right answers but body language will be speaking another thing entirely.

We really need to learn. Men these days are very lazy.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Libatine: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?[/quote]

Madam, you are not married but co-habiting. You share bed, food but can disclose your salary hmmm.... RED FLAG. Unmarried take note.
A woman who is very secretive to her husband is not a wife .
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Libatine: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
We really need to learn. Men these days are very lazy. [/quote]
Hard working woman clap for urself. I guess u get brothers.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by orukomi44(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't really know why some people judge a one sided story. We need to listen to both of them, mind you, everyone you ask will defend him/herself. Telling the man that what he did was wrong without knowing what the woman herself said or did to her husband before he could cease her wife ATM. For the people who are not married yet Pls don't judge like that these women we have now they are something else, you must be very careful about them. If you want to marry Pls Make sure you know them (her siblings, relations etc), their families, the story of her mum, dad and how the family runs. Some single mothers train their children not to trust anybody and they should not play with anybody with their Resourses except her children. Have you noticed that 95-99.9% of men used their wives as next of kin why 99.99% of women used their children as next of kin. For a man to cease his wife ATM she must have done something wrong or did what the husband do not want her to do or she don't want to assist the husband. Mind you, the mentality of "the man is the head of the family and he must shoulder everything" this is one of the reasons why men die quickly when compared with women. Pls let look at the both side of the mater before judging.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by lekonso: 12:55am On Jun 08, 2020
I can only invite you to the only love doctor program on Max FM radio station 102.3 anchored by a brilliant relationship expert Daniel Akpata. You can visit his facebook page (the only love doctor on radio) you will be glad to be there. He will teach you how to relate in marriage perfectly.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by WeRblessed(f): 5:46am On Jun 08, 2020
MPESA:

No she does love her husband but there's no trust in the marriage.... Making her son next of kin is not a big deal as well of willing all her properties to her kids , her husband can do the same basically the whole properties is still under the control of both parents in case of death.... So it's not a big deal , just that they are having a trust issue and the foundation is not properly built.

You just nailed it. Thanks for your input

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by romenna: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Marriage of convenience always ends up with both partners looking out for their individual interest and trying to play safe and smart on each other.
My wife wanted to start this privacy shit before our marriage and i quickly put my foot down.
I have no secret when dealing with my wife and I will not allow her keep secrets when dealing with me.
Is either we are both open to ourselves or we go our separate ways.
I don't want to have HBP.
Today we have a joint account where 60% of our salaries are deposited.
we will acquire an automobile, landed property and finally a family house from that account.
We run our home expenses together, tho my contribution is bigger, her support is equally substantial when compared to her monthly income.
Women must understand that times are hard, u both are better of dealing with each other with extreme openness without ulterior motives, else, the foundation of ur home will crash.
Op, why are u trying to keep ur financial info away from ur hubby? did u marry a waster? do u tink he can take ur money without ur consent?
from the look of tins, it looks like u married for convenience and not LOVE.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?
you're a very heartless and worthless wife.
Tufia.
Spits
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Moneystopnonsen:
Truth to God ure a goat.. That's all

not just a goat but a very big and stupid one
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by AsabaIjaww: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
not just a goat but a very big and stupid one
[/s]
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by AsabaIjaww: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
you're a very heartless and worthless wife.
Tufia.
Spits
[/s]
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by uniqueogo(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
MPESA:

Your points are valid... I will suggests she told him about half of what she earn as her monthly income with fake evidence such documents to back it up for him to believe her.... Immediately open another account to transfer most of her saves to tally with the said amount she to him that she earn monthly.... While am advising her to do this is because the man true intentions of her income is unknown yet... There's nothing wrong about couples knowing each income it will make them to plan well about their family and limits unnecessary spending.... But at this case now there's no trust between them so let the woman hide some for the sake of tomorrow and the kids until she's well convinced that her husband will not misuse her funds if she entrust it all with him.

that's a very nice point as well do you know the reason why I even bothered giving her advice in the first place is this

last week when I went to buy trampoline and at the shop where I was a man who was there before I came was telling the sho owner that he's was just coming back from the police station that his sister's husband locked her up for close to 1 week in a room and give her a bucket to be defecating and urinating into she's not been able to bath for a week reason being that he the husband asked the lady to transfer the 1.5 million Naira he saw in her account into his own account meanwhile the lady works in a bank and has tried to explain to the husband that the money in her account is not hers as she works in a bank but she also has a side business where people transfer money to her she does waybill forthem then pay for the goods and then keep the profits but still the man insisted that she must transfer the money in her account into his own account I don't know how she was able to contact the brother and the brother went there and arrested the guy with SARZ officials
a lot of things are happening in marriages I will advise everybody to open their eyes especially women so that you will not go and labor for someone else to eat there is a possibility that this man could have killed his wife because of ordinary 1.5 million Naira I know I don't have the money but I also know it is a chicken change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by MPESA(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
uniqueogo:

that's a very nice point as well do you know the reason why I even bothered giving her advice in the first place is this

last week when I went to buy trampoline and at the shop where I was a man who was there before I came was telling the sho owner that he's was just coming back from the police station that his sister's husband locked her up for close to 1 week in a room and give her a bucket to be defecating and urinating into she's not been able to bath for a week reason being that he the husband asked the lady to transfer the 1.5 million Naira he saw in her account into his own account meanwhile the lady works in a bank and has tried to explain to the husband that the money in her account is not hers as she works in a bank but she also has a side business where people transfer money to her she does waybill forthem then pay for the goods and then keep the profits but still the man insisted that she must transfer the money in her account into his own account I don't know how she was able to contact the brother and the brother went there and arrested the guy with SARZ officials
a lot of things are happening in marriages I will advise everybody to open their eyes especially women so that you will not go and labor for someone else to eat there is a possibility that this man could have killed his wife because of ordinary 1.5 million Naira I know I don't have the money but I also know it is a chicken change

This is pathetic cry, Man for that matter . it's very unfortunate that most women tends to stay in abusive marriage due kids involved as well of shame due to the the mentality of our society but it's better to have peace of mind staying alone than staying in abusive marriage or relationship.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Dshocker(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

What do I do ?

For peace to reign,divide it into two and tell him half of what you earn....This is what you should have done in the earlier stage,because he is your life partner and deserves the right to know how much you earn and i also believe what ever you tell him now,he would believe you are lying with the figures.But if you had told him since,without much persuasion from,he would believe what ever figure you tell him.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by MrDoGood(m): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

Women get problem.
If na u, will you be okay with it?

Do to others what u want then do unto you.
50:50, no cheating.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Cityguy: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
It is your money and you decide how you want to use it. He has no right to your pin or money. If he continues, that is bad and I would advise you let him be. Let him tell you what direction the marriage goes. It is his type that murders their spouse cos of what he stands to gain. Marriage no be by force.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Immacute: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2020
Abeg how did you marry him?
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by tunjilana: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Cityguy:
It is your money and you decide how you want to use it. He has no right to your pin or money. If he continues, that is bad and I would advise you let him be. Let him tell you what direction the marriage goes. It is his type that murders their spouse cos of what he stands to gain. Marriage no be by force.

His money is his own money too and she has no right to his pin....how does that sound
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Cityguy: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
tunjilana:

His money is his own money too and she has no right to his pin....how does that sound
I didn't see it there that she requested for his pin. We all know that right from time immemorial, it is traditional for men to take care of their wives. NOTE: MEN I said and not boys.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by tunjilana: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cityguy:

I didn't see it there that she requested for his pin. We all know that right from time immemorial, it is traditional for men to take care of their wives. NOTE: MEN I said and not boys.

I love the traditional angle, it is also traditional for women to be under the control of their husband and seek his approval before doing things, including how,where,what and when she spends her money (I guess you will kick at tradition now)
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Cityguy: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
tunjilana:

I love the traditional angle, it is also traditional for women to be under the control of their husband and seek his approval before doing things, including how,where,what and when she spends her money (I guess you will kick at tradition now)
Hehehehe....that is good. I agree with most of what you said. Couples take decisions together but what I'm not sure of is the aspect of her having to take permission as to WHEN she spends her money. Every other things fall under joint decisions and well, couples are not really going to have issues with that. So you see, I haven't kicked at tradition in any way yet. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Delta Man Cries Out For Help Over Wife Allegedly Assaulting Him Repeatedly / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.