Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,093 members, 7,867,152 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? (910 Views)

Why I Am Fairly Certain That All Religions Are False. / My Reply To A Friend Who Loves Sci & Tech And Believes They Are Not From Satan / Major World Religions, And Their View On The Afterlife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yungmil:
very complex cases. This is a totally different belief!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY. THERE ARE AT LEAST 2,000 DIFFERENT RELIGIONS AND GODS BELIEVED BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE AROUND DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD. THERE'S NO FACT TO PROVE THAT PETER IS RIGHT TO BELIEVE IN JESUS, WHILE AMEER IS WRONG TO BELIEVE IN RAMA.

WE'RE ALL MAKING UP THINGS AND BELIEVING THEM... BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HUMANS DO.

IF THERE ARE GODS OR SUPREME BEINGS ABOVE, NONE OF THEM HAVE MADE ANY CONTACT WITH MAN IN AT LEAST THE LAST 2,000 YEARS. NOT TO TALK ABOUT ANSWERING PRAYERS OR DEMANDING THIS OR THAT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yungmil:
You just gave an example of some very rare cases.
What about the millions out there who may not be this enlightened enough to have a retract............. You think they are lost?

They can't be lost as the gospel is still being preached and will get to them. It's now left for them to accept.
The gospel will get to the outermost part of the earth. So there won't be any excuse of not hearing the gospel.
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

The convict who accepts Christ will definitely make heaven because he came through the righteousness of Jesus ( which is the only thing God recognizes) and not his own good works or deeds which God says our righteousness is like a filthy rag. So your good works cannot qualify you for heaven but that which Christ has done on Calvary. You only need to accept Him to gain free access to heaven.

Read the book of acts chapter 10. Talks about a good man, Cornelius and how God had to send peter to preach Jesus to him as his good nature would not take him to heaven. So theres need to come through Jesus cos he alone was able to fulfill all of Gods' laws ( which no man, not even Muhammed) was able to fulfill and he did it once and for all.

See hate speech against Muhammad. At least Muhammad never claimed he was God. And how did Jesus fulfill all God's law when Jesus himself is God?
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by AntiChristian: 7:30am On Jun 07, 2020
Dantedasz:

Religion is geographical. Once you understand this it will all make sense. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia you would most probably be indoctrinated into Islam. It is simple geography.

There are thousands and thousands of gods and religions,lots of them have even gone extinct.
All these religions employ a carrot and stick ideology of a rewarding everlasting heaven and a punishment everlasting hell. This carrot and stick ideology is to control your mind and make you pliant.
The point is none of these religions or gods agree with each other. Everyone of these religions and gods are in a constant flux with each other to the extent that the adherents can kill each other over these religions.
However the simple fact is that none of these gods exist. None of these religions and their commandments were ordained by any god. All these gods and religions are products of the imagination of men like you. Once you understand that god did not create man,but it was man who created god everything becomes simple and you are free!

Incorrect bro. There are few Christians in SAUDI. And non-Muslims are also there! And there are converts and reverts...
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

See hate speech against Muhammad. At least Muhammad never claimed he was God. And how did Jesus fulfill all God's law when Jesus himself is God?

There's no hate speech here my dear. If I'm not mistaken, Muhammad was part of mankind, wasn't he? Did he fulfil the law?

Now, to your question. Jesus fulfilled the law by dying and paying with His blood. As the practice of old was to cleans anyone who breaks the law with blood of goats and rams those days before God can accept the fellow back but men kept falling into sin by constantly breaking the law and the blood of rams and goats was no longer enough as God needed something more tangible to atone for sins of man once and for all so there wont always be a sacrificing of animals every now and then. And no man was found worthy to shed his blood for atonement cause mankind was birthed in sin so he came Himself in the person of Jesus through a divine conception by the Holy spirit to die and use His undefiled blood to cleanse and atone ( cover the sin of man) with His blood and that in itself fulfilled the law. So that any one who comes under that blood is covered from sin and is no longer under law but under grace of what Christ did with His blood.

So when you're born again (accept Christ) and come before God, he doesn't see a sinner but sees Christ as you are now seated in Christ Jesus.

When ever a child of God falls, God doesn't look at the law against you but he looks at the covenant seat of the blood of Jesus that still speaks atonement and passover for the believers under Christ/grace.
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

There's no hate speech here my dear. If I'm not mistaken, Muhammad was part of mankind, wasn't he? Did he fulfil the law?

No to your question. Jesus fulfilled the law by dying and paying with His blood. As the practice of old was to cleans anyone who breaks the law with blood of goats and rams those days before God can accept the fellow back but men kept falling into sin by constantly breaking the law and the blood of rams and goats was no longer enough as God needed something more tangible to stone for sins of man once and for all so there wont always be a sacrificing of animals every now and then. And no man was found worthy to shed his blood for atonement cause mankind was birth in sin so he came Himself in the person of Jesus through a divine conception by the Holy spirit to die and use His undefiled blood to cleanse and atone ( cover the sin of man) with His blood and that in itself fulfilled the law. So that any one who comes under that blood is covered from sin and is no longer under law but under grace of what Christ did with His blood.

So when you're born again (accept Christ) and come before God, he doesn't see a sinner but sees Christ as you are now seated in Christ Jesus.

When ever a child of God falls, God doesn't look at the law against you but he looks at the covenant seat of the blood of Jesus that still speaks atonement and passover for the believers under Christ/grace.

Just like when Dibia/babalawo uses human blood for atonement. I can't believe Christianity is similar.

Your God only cares about those who believe He murdered his son to save them.

This is babalawo-ish!
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

Just like when Dibia/babalawo uses human blood for atonement. I can't believe Christianity is similar.

Your God only cares about those who believe He murdered his son to save them.

This is babalawo-ish!

Well, its all about sacrifice so you could liken it to that (babalawo) but there's a huge difference here because God didn't "murder" His son like your babalawo do, but Christ laid down his life willingly.

God cares about those who believe Christ died for them.
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Yungmil: 9:04am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

They can't be lost as the gospel is still being preached and will get to them. It's now left for them to accept.
The gospel will get to the outermost part of the earth. So there won't be any excuse of not hearing the gospel.
k ma. What do you have to say concerning those that died without the gospel reaching them(if that's the case?)
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Yungmil: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2020
I love logical and important issues like this!!!!!!!!
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Yungmil: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Dantedasz:

Religion is geographical. Once you understand this it will all make sense. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia you would most probably be indoctrinated into Islam. It is simple geography.

There are thousands and thousands of gods and religions,lots of them have even gone extinct.
All these religions employ a carrot and stick ideology of a rewarding everlasting heaven and a punishment everlasting hell. This carrot and stick ideology is to control your mind and make you pliant.
The point is none of these religions or gods agree with each other. Everyone of these religions and gods are in a constant flux with each other to the extent that the adherents can kill each other over these religions.
However the simple fact is that none of these gods exist. None of these religions and their commandments were ordained by any god. All these gods and religions are products of the imagination of men like you. Once you understand that god did not create man,but it was man who created god everything becomes simple and you are free!
Boss three bottles of big Stout for you(I can pay when we see)
lol

U understand wat am reasoning!!!!
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2020
Yungmil:
k ma. What do you have to say concerning those that died without the gospel reaching them(if that's the case?)

Now let me say something quickly. If we are to be candid here, almost everyone has heard this gospel but chose to ignore. So I don't wanna believe there are some who didn't hear the gospel before they died. Peradventure there are, then it is what it is. They will not make it.

Bro Jiggaz. You might want to shed more light on this.
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2020
Yungmil:
Boss three bottles of big Stout for you(I can pay when we see)
lol

U understand wat am reasoning!!!!

You can't search the things of God with human reasoning. So you better know what or who you're reasoning with.
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by jiggaz(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Now let me say something quickly. If we are to be candid here, almost everyone has heard this gospel but chose to ignore. So I don't wanna believe there are some who didn't hear the gospel before they died. Peradventure there are, then it is what it is. They will not make it.

Bro Jiggaz. You might want to shed more light on this.
Alright... The article below answers the question....

unstoppable51:

From FeedMeJesus.com

Have you ever wondered how God will judge those who died before Jesus came? Especially the people who never had the opportunity to hear about Him at all?

Today we will see how God being a just God, in his wisdom made plans for those who never had the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. If you are ready, get your Bible, note and pen and let’s dive into the Word together.
Let me start by stating categorically clear that JESUS is the ONLY way to God. No man at any time anywhere, can come to God except through Him. By coming to God here I mean no man can be saved from sin and it’s penalty (Hell) except through faith in Him and His sacrifice for sin.

Knowing this, we do not relent in our efforts to see the whole earth covered with the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ even as water covers the sea. We take the gospel to all kinds of people everywhere, proclaiming “Jesus their salvation, is here!”

Having made that clear, let us address the question, “what will happen to those who died without hearing about Jesus?” (I will like you to pay a careful attention here as we see this from the Bible together)

“For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” (Rom 2:12-16)

From the scriptures we just read, we see that those who died before the coming of Christ shall be judged by Jesus on the last day. And they will be judged for the following reasons:

1.They Had The Demands Of The Law By Nature Written In Their Hearts As a Witness
Even though they may never have heard the name Jesus directly spelt out to them, they had the righteous demands of the Law of God which was supposed to produce Faith towards God and His Salvation written in their hearts.

“But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.” (Gal 3:23-24)

With this Law written in their hearts, their conscience ruled their actions and inactions. By condemning them almost everytime, their consciences completely exposed their weakness as man to them to the end they might reach out to God by Faith alone for help (Salvation). And since God has no other salvation to offer man than His Son Jesus, by exercising Faith in God for Salvation, they have also exercised faith in Jesus though without having a full knowledge of Him.

[i]Does this mean those who never heard of Jesus will be saved if they lived according to the dictates of the Law, following their conscience? [/i]Not at all. If they ever get saved by obeying their conscience’s rules and regulations 100%, then salvation by works is possible. However, the Bible is clear that salvation can only be gotten by faith and not by works.

The essence of the human conscience is actually not to help us achieve salvation by our works. It is rather there to judge our actions and point our glaring weaknesses and need for a saviour outside of us to us. It is from this need that Faith was supposed to rise up from our hearts towards that Saviour who in this case is God.

Again, the human conscience just like the Law, was given to point out our need for a Saviour to us. On it’s own, following our consciences cannot justify us before God. Only faith in the one our consciences point to can justify us.

2. Natural Things Witnessed To Them About God

[b]“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.” (Rom 1:18-25)[/b]

“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” (Rom 1:32)

Natural things, the whole of creations, testify of the existence of a creator who only have the power to save the world from death. This creator apostle John tells us, is the Word who Himself is also the Christ.
God in Christ (the creator) left these created things as witnesses to point to Himself. Man was supposed to look at them and learn of His existence. Having known of Him from the works of His hands (creations), they were to put Faith in Him (not the creations now) for justification.

“Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways. Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.” (Act 14:14-17)

From the above scriptures, we see that God being a just God, never left Himself without a witness on the earth. So on the day of judgement, no man would claim to have never known of His existence as God and the saviour of the world. Although they may never have had a full understanding of the gospel like we have today, they cannot claim to be completely ignorant of Him.
In Acts 17, we see Paul in Athens explaining this powerful truth to the Athenians.

“Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.” (Act 17:22-23)

In the place we just read, Paul acknowledged that even without having heard of the Gospel fully, the Athenians worshipped God. Although in a very wrong way. So they were not saved, even though they worshipped God. And the reason for them not being saved is because they did not worship Him by Faith alone but by various rituals and works of their flesh (including idolatry)
It was from this ignorance (their wrong way of worship) that Paul encouraged them to turn from to Faith alone in God’s Salvation (Christ)

“Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.” (Act 17:29-31)

What if they had followed after God completely by Faith alone, then they would have been like Enoch, Abel, Noah and lots of Old Testament folks who despite the fact they never heard about Christ in full not met Him physically, sought after Him by complete faith in God. Hebrews tells us that by that faith they had in God for salvation, they were said to have believed in His Christ and were righteous before Him.

3. God Have Always Had A Man Tell Others About Him In Almost Every Generation

In almost every generation of men, God have always had at least one man who had a little glimpse of Him and told others the same. Even before the Law was given and before the birth of Jesus. He has never left Himself without a human witness also regardless of how little light that person may have had of Him.

Now while we may not be able to trace who it was in all the generations of our forefathers that had a little knowledge of God, we can always look at the scripture and see this principle at work. For instance, in the first generation of men it was Adam, then Abel, Enoch, Noah, Lot, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and his brothers, Moses, Joshua, the Judges, Samuel, David, the prophets and so on till John the baptist.

There was always a man who either went around talking about God or stayed in one place and had kings and people from different nations come from far to hear about God from their lips. These people always go back to where they came from with the news of the God who made the heavens and the earth.

God is so just He never left Himself without a witness in almost every generation. So those who did not believe in Him from ages past will actually have no excuse before Him.
Before ever the Law came, men like Enoch, Noah, Lot, Abraham and the rest have in one way or the other, spoken about God to individuals and kings of their generations. See below scriptures.

ENOCH
“And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” (Jud 1:14-15)

NOAH
“And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.” (2Pe 2:5)

LOT
“And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.” (Gen 19:14)

From this study in the scriptures, we see that God is going to judge all men including those who died before the coming of Christ by Jesus. Those who through the witnesses that God has left for Himself on the earth trusted in Him for Salvation, will be saved. Those who did not exercise Faith in Him regardless of how good and sincere their actions were, will be condemned.
Seeing that God has left us as His witnesses today on the earth, we do everything within our power to let the whole world know of this Gospel which is the power of God to save even the greatest sinner.

Those who trusted in God for salvation before the coming of Christ shall be saved because the blood of Jesus also took care of their sins. But those who did not, will perish alongside those who rejects the Gospel today.

I hope this blesses you.
Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/04/what-will-happen-to-those-who-died-without-hearing-gospel.html
Re: Can All Religions And Believes Make Heaven? by orunto27: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
YOU MUST ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST, ANOBI ISA OR ODUDUWA IF YOU'RE A NIGERIAN TO MAKE HEAVEN.

From Orisa37.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Spouse Is Not In The Bible. / Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors / I'll Become A Muslim To Spite Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.