Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors (842 Views)

If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? / Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? / Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by TundeKorede: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2020
The average person expects pastor’s children to pursue career that is in agreement with their religion.

Only few Christian will see nothing wrong in a pastor’s son becoming a hip hop artistes who sings for drunkards, prostitutes or at club houses.

However, there are some Nigerian artistes whose fathers are either the founder or the pastor of a particular ministry.

Tunde Korede, presents to you, the artistes whose fathers are pastors.

(1) Lil’ Kesh

Singer, Lil Kesh
Keshiro Ololade popularly known as Lil’ Kesh, is a Nigerian songwriter, rapper and singer whose father is a pastor. Lil Kesh rose to stardom in Olamide’s YBNL record label but left after spending two years there.

He revealed in an interview with Punch Newspaper that his father is a founder of a church in Lagos.

Pastor's son
Lil’ Kesh perfoming in his Dad’s Church
In fact, on December 25, 2016, Lil’ Kesh stormed his father’s church to perform alongside the choristers of the church. More so, he released a video titled, ”Ishe,” in 2016 to eulogize his mother who sacrificed a lot of things for him.

Lil’ Kesh maintained that his parents loved what he does for living and have been supportive. In an interview with LegitNG, he said his parents are his number one fans as they have been supportive to his music from the outset.

He says, ”My Dad is a pastor and he owns a church. However, it is not like I made a conscious decision to become an artiste; it grew on me until I knew this was what I wanted to do.”

(2) Zlatan

Zlatan Ibile
Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael widely known as Zlatan Ibile, is a songwriter, Hip-hop artiste, singer and dancer. He is also a son of a pastor.

According to Notjustok website, Zlatan’s father is one of the pastors of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It is amazing how he turned out to become a hip-hop artiste, despite his Christian background.

When asked about his parents reaction to his career. He said,

”Before my dad became a pastor, there was a life he was living. That’s my dad, this is me. I have my own life to live. He’s trying all his possible best but at the end of the day, you can only take a donkey or the camel to the river, you can’t force it to drink…”

(3) Terry G

Terry G
Gabriel Oche Amanyi, popularly known as Terry G, is a Nigerian artiste, songwriter and producer. He is known for speaking vulgar words in his songs. Also, he is known for his eccentric behaviours, controversial lyrics and uncouth words.

However, Terry G is also a pastor’s son. Incredulously, he was once a chorister at the Redeemed Christian Church of God before he delved to Hip-hop.

Interestingly, report has it that Pastor, E.A Adeboye, the General Overseer of the RCCG once laid his hands on him and prayed for him while he was still a chorister of the church.

Additionally, according to him, he disclosed that it was the prophecy of Pastor Adeboye at the Redeemed Camp in 1996 that changed his life dramatically.

QUESTION: Do you see anything wrong in a pastor’s son becoming a Hip-hop artiste? If yes, why?

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/meet-3-popular-hip-hop-artistes-whose-fathers-are-pastors/
Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by Oladipo1166(m): 8:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Bro it is not conference call

1 Like

Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by paxonel(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Papa na pastor how that one take concern pikin?

1 Like

Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by phelonrays: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2020
So those guys you list up there na Hip-hop artist abi??

You even mention Zlatan

Op you must be high on ogbomosho weed, SMH undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Its not a new thing, even Eli in the bible his children were sinful and unfit to lead.

1 Like

Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by GOFRONT(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Those pastor Fathers of those boys have really missed the sweet honeypots that abounds in this world...

I mean how could you have chosen to keep yourself in the bondage of Pastorhood or a Man of God??

It's unfortunate to the pastors that it is their own Sons that have access to the different Varities that spice up our present day life......What is life without Excessive Dollar, Naira and pounds, what is life without fv*kin pussies of different colors and shapes from different locations and ethnic backgrounds?.....What is life without poppin Smoke and Liquers, clubbing and Parte after parte??

Ahswear, those pastors have really missed out and they are still missing out. Their sons are living on the Rightful Sweet side of life while their Pastor Dads are just a bunch of Low lives who doesn't know their mission on this earth.....

1 Like

Re: Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors by segsman(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2020
Wow cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Those Without The Holy Spirit Can Hardly Understand The Word Of GOD. / Apostle Michael Orokpo Weds / Gay Nigerians Face Sharia Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.