Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? (17699 Views)

Video Of A Lady Flirting With Evangelist Ebuka Obi During Deliverance / Plateau Diocese Dissociates From Denying Members Without PVC Access To Church / No PVC, No Mass: Catholic Priest Denies Members Without PVCs Entry To Church (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by MetaPhysical: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:
A Pastor knows that the development of his local assembly rests on God and women. Women's influence on church growth is in no doubt.

Women are gifted with the subtle ability to multiply a congregation by word of mouth especially. Hence, a serious Pastor must take women's department seriously.

However, in the attempt to cater for them, he may be misinterpreted, misconstrued and misrepresented. Which raises the critical question.

How can a Pastor draw the line between genuine care for his female members and flirting with them?

Pastor has a wife. The wife has female aides and assistants that work with her. The pastor should minister to general congregation but any personal consultation or support should go to the female elders of the Church. This is Godly, if indeed it is a God-worshipping Church.......and not a pastor-worshipping one!
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
PURIFY YOUR MIND IN PRAYER.ASK HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP YOU....
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by shoboy9: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
@OP, I think it is best to clarify what you really mean. There are so many things in your post. But let me start with this "Paul planted, Apollo watered, but God gave the increase". It is God that gives increase, not because GO is praying for you or you have a thousand women in congregation, or how many Pauls or Apollos. So the first thing is to shift your focus to God. God will reveal things to you when you do. I will put them into categories for easy understanding.
First He will show you how to approach each woman in a holy manner that produces fruit of the spirit. Much of our relationships depend on our personality - the fruits of the spirit we walk in. For instance, when a person is full of integrity and faithfulness, it is difficult for any woman to make false allegations against him. Even if they do, it is easier to dispel it based on personal character and repute. Other women will speak out. So personal revelation and character building as God guides you is first.
Second is people. Identify people that God has given to help you for different purposes. Some cant pray much, but they may be useful to accompany you in visiting others. How do you deal with people? When a lady smiles at you, how do you respond? When you see seductive dressing, are you silent? All the other women and girls in the church are watching closely, whether you know it or not. And eventually the enemy will try to sow discord and pull people down. Are you discerning the attacks on the flock beforehand? Or being reactive? Are you discerning women with seductive spirits? Have you personally overcome seducing spirits?
Finally is policy - based on God's word, God's will. The policies and messages you preach and enforce in church will also go a long way. As you speak God's word in season, a lot of problems you are not aware of are removed. But always be clear with women about your intent. And also with the church. Transparency!
I hope this helps.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Matam(f): 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
The role of a pastor is not one that can be entered into casually, requires serious discipline and maturity. Not all cases can be handled by pastor's wife and not all counseling requires the presence of the pastor's wife. There are certain issues that the pastor can't disclose to anybody but will take it to his grave just as doctors confidentiality ethics. Are there temptations? Yes, but he should not allow himself be in a situation where he will fall. Go with someone when visiting a lady, the pastor's office should have someone close by like the secretary or security guard. If you sense temptation then flee, invite your wife to help and let her know if you are lusting after anyone. I've worked as a confidential secretary in a church and I can tell you that women like pastors who are good preachers and they are the ones tempting the pastors in the name of coming for counseling.

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by DAVE5(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Acehart:

I think the same way you do. Someone corrected him and received a bashing for his effort. His post is vile.

Wetin Musa no go see for church
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
How on earth is this even a thread and managed to get fp. Please don't come here and be disgracing Christianity and God. You could've just asked the holy spirit for help or asked a higher authority but here nawa ooh!

P.S: I'm not judging you, I'm only saying you shouldn't have posted this here, before you start going thru my wall nd start behaving like a mofo
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by charlsecy(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Abfinest007:
There are other ways youcan show love
Must you comment?
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Dbeautyy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
shoboy9:
@OP, I think it is best to clarify what you really mean. There are so many things in your post. But let me start with this "Paul planted, Apollo watered, but God gave the increase". It is God that gives increase, not because GO is praying for you or you have a thousand women in congregation, or how many Pauls or Apollos. So the first thing is to shift your focus to God. God will reveal things to you when you do. I will put them into categories for easy understanding.
First He will show you how to approach each woman in a holy manner that produces fruit of the spirit. Much of our relationships depend on our personality - the fruits of the spirit we walk in. For instance, when a person is full of integrity and faithfulness, it is difficult for any woman to make false allegations against him. Even if they do, it is easier to dispel it based on personal character and repute. Other women will speak out. So personal revelation and character building as God guides you is first.
Second is people. Identify people that God has given to help you for different purposes. Some cant pray much, but they may be useful to accompany you in visiting others. How do you deal with people? When a lady smiles at you, how do you respond? When you see seductive dressing, are you silent? All the other women and girls in the church are watching closely, whether you know it or not. And eventually the enemy will try to sow discord and pull people down. Are you discerning the attacks on the flock beforehand? Or being reactive? Are you discerning women with seductive spirits? Have you personally overcome seducing spirits?
Finally is policy - based on God's word, God's will. The policies and messages you preach and enforce in church will also go a long way. As you speak God's word in season, a lot of problems you are not aware of are removed. But always be clear with women about your intent. And also with the church. Transparency!
I hope this helps.

God bless you sir. This was what I was trying to tell the Op before he/she twisted the words by saying I should ask any pastor, that women... apart from that Samaritan woman who else did such. Women are wonderful tools in God's hands, likewise they are very useful and powerful tool and can be very handy for that Old serpent. I have been there, but praise be the Lord my testimony is intact. Run from them, they will keep coming. Then you will realize that Wisdom is profitable. ..

Yes, God's word grows a church but human agents are needed to publicise the church as seen in the story of John 4. The Samaritan woman went into the city and brought all the city men to Jesus, you see how it works. Seyi360

Ask any Pastor, he will confirm to you that women have greater influence on church growth than men. seyi360

Human input in growing the church cannot be ruled out. Besides, he who plants and the one waters, are they not human agent?

@ the bolded, I never disputed that from my early post, if you have read both very well. But in the second post, I kept hammering these words : ''Wisdom is profitable to direct.'' Reason being that as a pastor there are still some issues that you only will attend to.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Dbeautyy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by seyi360(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Matam:
The role of a pastor is not one that can be entered into casually, requires serious discipline and maturity. Not all cases can be handled by pastor's wife and not all counseling requires the presence of the pastor's wife. There are certain issues that the pastor can't disclose to anybody but will take it to his grave just as doctors confidentiality ethics. Are there temptations? Yes, but he should not allow himself be in a situation where he will fall. Go with someone when visiting a lady, the pastor's office should have someone close by like the secretary or security guard. If you sense temptation then flee, invite your wife to help and let her know if you are lusting after anyone. I've worked as a confidential secretary in a church and I can tell you that women like pastors who are good preachers and they are the ones tempting the pastors in the name of coming for counseling.

Wish I could hug you from here

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by seyi360(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jezking:
How on earth is this even a thread and managed to get fp. Please don't come here and be disgracing Christianity and God. You could've just asked the holy spirit for help or asked a higher authority but here nawa ooh!

P.S: I'm not judging you, I'm only saying you shouldn't have posted this here, before you start going thru my wall nd start behaving like a mofo

Who is this?
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by judedwriter(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:
A Pastor knows that the development of his local assembly rests on God and women. Women's influence on church growth is in no doubt.

Women are gifted with the subtle ability to multiply a congregation by word of mouth especially. Hence, a serious Pastor must take women's department seriously.

However, in the attempt to cater for them, he may be misinterpreted, misconstrued and misrepresented. Which raises the critical question.

How can a Pastor draw the line between genuine care for his female members and flirting with them?

A spiritually mature pastor, full of God's love can't flirt with female members of his congregation. Even if he embraces them, he does so with God's love-agape.

A carnal pastor will act otherwise.

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by judedwriter(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:

A spiritually mature pastor, full of God's love can't flirt with female members of his congregation. Even if he embraces them, he does so with God's love-agape.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Slimmy0: 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:

Hmmmm really?

Pastor need God na Women for church growth?

God help our ignorance.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Proudlytips: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Pastors are also human
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by seyi360(m): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Antichristus:

Your bible says “Be fruitful and multiply.” Aquinas’ primary precepts enjoin humans to procreate or reproduce. Paul wasn’t married because his manhood became dysfunctional. Jesus didn’t marry on account of his hypostatic union. Only in the 12th century CE were Catholic priests prevented from marrying because the Lateran Council in 1139 decided against priest getting married and passed a law which imposed celibacy on RCC priests.

How did you know that Paul's manhood became dysfunctional?
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by seyi360(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Slimmy0:

Hmmmm really?

Pastor need God na Women for church growth?

God help our ignorance.

May God damage your ignorance
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Slimmy0: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:

May God damage your ignorance

You obviously can't read.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by NiCurious: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
seyi360:

Probably in the same way that he shows genuine care for his male parishioners.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Emanodimo(m): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
The more the pastor build the church on the women folks, the more his challenge... Biblically, Jesus doesn't built his church on the strength of a woman.
Most of them are in the church and most of them are the ones to be abused by a pastor.
It is rare for u to find a man abused by a pastor for a long time..

Reason, behind that is quite simply to me, most of them lost their reasoning, become empathetic (emotionally committed) to what a Pastor said....to equal God said.
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Olabenjamen22(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Seetto:

Is that how your gigolo fake prophet di*k look
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by seyi360(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Slimmy0:

You obviously can't read.

Please teach me
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2020
Unmhm, so females are the ingredients I've been looking for, lolz! I receive courage for this. Anyway treat them as sisters, get your own wife and let her continue to relate more with the females and you with the males.

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by player007(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2020
seyi360:

The same way he shows love to his own Sisters.

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by eROCK247(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
Treat them as your biological sisters

Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by divineappo(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2020
by giving them only smooching, no Penetration
Lol sense will not kill me
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by uniqueogo(f): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jesus Christ himself surrounded himself with only male disciples and apostles E get why. a big why.........
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by Mryacks: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
seyi360:

First of all, be pure and intentional in the deepest part of your heart and resist the temptation to go beyond normal bible principles when rendering any help or services to women...pray and ask for God's grace to do your work..
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by B3njozy(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
keentola:
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”

If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.

Notable books I have in my library:

Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

You can get these ebooks in minutes.

YOU CAN GET 5 EBOOKS FOR 450, AND 10 FOR 800.

THE PRICE IS SLIGHTLY NEGOTIABLE..

NUMBER IS IN THE BIO SECTION

Do you have this books that gives account on the first Coup d'etat?

1. The 5 majors by Mai nasara
2. Why we struck by Major Ademoyega(one of the executioner
Re: How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? by keentola(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2020
B3njozy:

Do you have this books that gives account on the first Coup d'etat?

1. The 5 majors by Mai nasara
2. Why we struck by Major Ademoyega(one of the executioner

I have Oil, Politics by Max and Karl Meier's This house has fallen that gives a detailed analysis. I don't have the books you asked for

Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted / OPM Opens Its 14th Free Nursery And Primary Schools In Lagos State / Being Pure In Heart Can Be Traced To These 5 Things.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59