Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings (37019 Views)

Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / Pastor Adewale Giwa Warns Buhari, Osinbajo: "Vacate Presidency Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Felix6: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Reverse psychology, subtly reminding the sheeples Incase they've forgotten , after the long time off.
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by philiancoop(m): 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
very foolish thing to do.
He's denying them of being blessed

1. He that gives to a prophet IN THE NAME of a prophet shall receive a Prophet's reward
2. Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over
3. 2 Corinthians 8:7-10; 9:8-9

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ochyes:
A brother needs your help. I am in a "unique" condition condition right now. Please help me and you wouldn't lose your reward.
3052170033/FIRST BANK
people way like to the pay tithe oya this is the BEST FORM OF GIVING TO A BROTHER OO. HE HAS ASKED. REMEMBER THE BIBLE SAYS, ' ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE'
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by obentenyson(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

"Senior Pastor of Awaiting The Second Coming of Jesus Christ"

What da fuckkk!

All these low budget asss God of men. Anything that comes to their head is what they name their church
Jesus ain't coming back
This is why i keep on saying catholicism over Pentecostalism anyday anytime twice on Saturday
Jesus is like every other prophet. He was so overrated and over hyped.

But nigggar
Ain't no Mary worshipper
But as a real niggarrr
Catholicism over Pentecostalism anyday anytime twice on Saturday

what type of weed are you smoking? I know it's not the regular ones
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
If it was the Lagos State Government guideline telling church members not to give offerings and tithes for a while, the pastors will cry blood and term it a conspiracy against the church
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Ochyes: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Help a brother. I am in a "unique" condition. What I am working at will yield dividend in due time. But before then I really need your help. You wouldn't miss your reward.
3052170033/FIRST BANK
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Charly68: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
If he knows his bible,he wouldn't make such a call ..we have many charlatans these days..Tithe belongs to God and you release it to be blessed the more

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

What da fuckkk!

All these low budget asss God of men. Anything that comes to their head is what they name their church
Jesus ain't coming back
This is why i keep on saying catholicism over Pentecostalism anyday anytime twice on Saturday

But nigggar
Ain't no Mary worshipper
But as a real niggarrr

Jesus Is Coming Bck That The Truth Bro.
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Chochovini: 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

What da fuckkk!

Jesus ain't coming back
. U MUST BE REALLY HIGH ON WEED FROM HELL
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by OyinO: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tithes were meant to take care of the Levites who were not allowed to go and farm or labor due to the law of Moses. Do we have children of Levi in Africa?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Gentlejosh01: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

What da fuckkk!

Jesus ain't coming back

But nigggar
Ain't no Mary worshipper
But as a real niggarrr

u must be high on cheap drugs
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Alkason: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thus is so so wrong. Tithe is not voluntary, it's just 10% of your income and there is nothing to pay if you didn't make any income. Tithe is a command from God, and brings curse when you refused to pay it. I am talking out of experience.

You can withhold your offering but not your tithe.
I didn't say you should stop giving offering ooooo

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by phren: 11:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
GeneralPula:
Some pastors won’t like this..

Are they paying to him? I don’t think he understands what tithe and offering is. It’s piety towards God, it’s a way of worship, a medium to be blessed. It’s like saying people shouldn’t bother to worship God. It’s wrong. The Bible says don’t appear before the lord empty.
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by InvertedHammer: 1:02am On Jun 07, 2020
/
I never blame the pastors.

I blame the morons that keep supporting their flamboyant lifestyles.

Church-goers (I didn't say Christians because most of them are not) are like the mugu that won't stop paying.

/

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Jun 07, 2020
phren:
Are they paying to him? I don’t think he understands what tithe and offering is. It’s piety towards God, it’s a way of worship, a medium to be blessed. It’s like saying people shouldn’t bother to worship God. It’s wrong. The Bible says don’t appear before the lord empty.
What tells you that when you appear in those church buildings, you are in fact appearing before God to worship? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Alkason:
Thus is so so wrong. Tithe is not voluntary, it's just 10% of your income and there is nothing to pay if you didn't make any income. Tithe is a command from God, and brings curse when you refused to pay it. I am talking out of experience.

I didn't say you should stop giving offering ooooo
Unfortunately, here is one of the authors of your tithing law you subscribe to, telling you that it is indeed voluntary but you refuse to heed his message still. **shakes head** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Jun 07, 2020
OyinO:
Tithes were meant to take care of the Levites who were not allowed to go and farm or labor due to the law of Moses. Do we have children of Levi in Africa?
Please tell them all so they can hear oo! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by HIbreed(m): 3:28am On Jun 07, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

What da fuckkk!

Jesus ain't coming back

But nigggar
Ain't no Mary worshipper
But as a real niggarrr

damn niggarrr, as a real nigga i want to set this straight. If you're a real nigga like you claimed you must have realised by now that all forms of religoin is a scam!
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:49am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Interesting! So he finally reveals that tithing, and offerings, was never really about God but about the Pastors needs to collect their share from the Kingdom of God? undecided undecided
That's what it seems..
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:53am On Jun 07, 2020
damosade:
Sometimes, I wish I write something against our pastors on this forum but it looks as if my pastor is watching me.

Am I brainwashed?
This is annoying buddy!

What's your conscience telling you, or u just wanna please your pastor?

Itz good you speaking out.. A whole lots are still numb n dumb for no heavenly reasons whatsoever...
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by mannobi(m): 4:14am On Jun 07, 2020
He has a point
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by canDy4eva(f): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

What da fuckkk!

Jesus ain't coming back

But nigggar
Ain't no Mary worshipper
But as a real niggarrr

... And who told you that you made sense
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=Alkason post=90390357]Thus is so so wrong. Tithe is not voluntary, it's just 10% of your income and there is nothing to pay if you didn't make any income. Tithe is a command from God, and brings curse when you refused to pay it. I am talking out of experience.

I didn't say you should stop giving offering ooooo [/quot

Another confused NIGERIAN!

O'LORD SAVE YOUR PEOOLE.

JESUS CHRIST IN ALK HIS MANY SERMONS DID NOT ASK HIS FOLLOWERS TO PAY TITHE.
YOU MUST BE A FAKE PASTOR TOO! IT IS NOW A PROFESSION IN NIGERIA
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please tell them all so they can hear oo! wink wink wink

# F A C T!!
YOUR BRAIN THE WORK WELL.

NIGERIANS LIKE GIVING TITHES AND IF YOU LOOK AROUND THEM YOU SEE THEIR NEIGHBOURS STARVING TO DEATH. NONSENSE PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by Babinski: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Gracealone:
The rate at which so many pastors strive to be politically correct and accepted on social media these days scares me.

The situation simply reveals the calling of such Pastors. Tithing and offering are carried out by genuine Christians in obedience to God and the leading of the Holy Spirit and not because a Pastor says so.

The Bible has warned about conformity with the world and situations where so-called Pastors struggle to trend with non-biblical appeals to people is nothing short of conformity!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by waks1(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-pastor-begs-members-not-to-pay-tithes-offerings/
Why rubbing the people of their blessings, its even more rewarding giving at a difficult time like this. Read the story of the widow of zarephat in 1 kings 17:10-18. To get more insight.
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by weedfada(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2020
Chochovini:
. U MUST BE REALLY HIGH ON WEED FROM HELL

Leave that guy bros... Right now as I'm typing, I'm blazing on some dope ass kush and I believe Jesus Christ die! Plus I gat some Catholic friends wey believe nd represent pass plenty Pentecostals sef... The race na personal one o niggas!
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by MCIU: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2020
Moneywirer:
That's not fair sir... You're denying the Julius Dein Girlfriend people of the opportunity to be blessed and to increase in wealth grin

But on a more serious note I think the Pastor made the right call there.

I Don't know him
Re: COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings by maximusprime2000: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2020
not by as u were are lead o. "if u don't pay ur tithe u will not make heaven" in the voice of daddy G.O. But Jesus neva preach about tithe anyway, instead he said if u love me feed my sheeps. now the reverse is the case. Covid19 has really mar the business as usual, things may not remain the same again. Let thy will be done on Earth.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of Spiritual Wife Apart From Deliverance? / Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.