Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? (8877 Views)

Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigerians are not known for peddling fake news. I had to call him out.

What do you mean NOT known? Nigeria is a hotbed of fake news.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I can confirm South Africa is the best country in Africa,my brother came back after a visit to Cape Town,Sun City and Johanessburg. And he said South Africa is developed,the Dutch did a great job.

Which Dutch are these you keep talking about? Please explain...

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Which Dutch are these you keep talking about? Please explain...
Afrikaans aka the Boers- they are of Dutch heritage. The Dutch played a huge part in my life.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Afrikaans aka the Boers- they are of Dutch heritage. The Dutch played a huge part in my life.

Okay, and were the Cape and Natal in particular, dutch colonies?

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Okay, and were the Cape and Natal in particular, dutch colonies?
They used to be historically. I learned about the strong Dutch influence in South Africa when I lived in the greatest country in the world-the Netherlands.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They used to be historically. I learned about the strong Dutch influence in South Africa when I lived in the greatest country in the world-the Netherlands.

Okay, let's deal with the full history of SA instead of overstating the Dutch role in the country's development, coz I see you wanna give them the credit for everything.

So do we agree that the British ruled the Cape and Natal colonies of SA?

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Okay, let's deal with the full history of SA instead of overstating the Dutch role in the country's development, coz I see you wanna give them the credit for everything.

So do we agree that the British ruled the Cape and Natal colonies of SA?
I am not that versed in the history of SA, but I know the Dutch played a strong role in the country development. The fact Afrikaans is is one of your more languages is telling.

De Clerk the South African President who handed over power to Mandela is of Dutch descent. And Botha was also of Dutch descent.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am not that versed in the history of SA, but I know the Dutch played a strong role in the country development. The fact Afrikaans is is one of your more languages is telling.

De Clerk the South African President who handed over power to Mandela is of Dutch descent. And Botha was also of Dutch descent.

Yeah, I'm glad you admit you're not well versed in SAs colonial history. I would suggest you keep your over-appraisal of the Dutch in check.

Various people have played a major role in SAs development, and different region's felt it differently. There's a reason there was the Anglo-Boer War (British against Dutch, with the African populations taking sides). Today the black people are in power and making their own contribution.

So let's keep this exclusive "because of the Dutch" rhetoric of yours to a bare minimum. It's beginning to annoy me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by IronGalaxy: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=TMKsouth post=90423182]

Yeah, I'm glad you admit you're not well versed in SAs colonial history. I would suggest you keep your over-appraisal of the Dutch in check.

Various people have played a major role in SAs development, and different region's felt it differently. There's a reason there was the Anglo-Boer War (British against Dutch, with the African populations taking sides). Today the black people are in power and making their own contribution.

So let's keep this exclusive "because of the Dutch" rhetoric of yours to a bare minimum. It's beginning to annoy me.

Same here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by IronGalaxy: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Afrikaaners aren't only of Dutch lineage, even French

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
IronGalaxy:
You know your history better than me.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

What is the general opinion of Nigerian political leaders in South Africa?
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by IronGalaxy: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You know your history better than me.
you won't find such names as De villiers, Le Roux, Le Roux etc in the Netherlands for example, those are French names, but in South Africa those are Afrikaans names

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What is the general opinion of Nigerian political leaders in South Africa?

I don't understand. We don't have Nigerian political leaders in SA.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
IronGalaxy:

And Khoisan, Malay, etc. They even rejected the language and adopted Afrikaans as the official language during apartheid.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

I don't understand. We don't have Nigerian political leaders in SA.
Nigerian political leaders who rule over the geographical space in Nigeria.Do you think they are a reflection of the average Nigerian?
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigerian political leaders who rule over the geographical space in Nigeria.Do you think they are a reflection of the average Nigerian?

Most South Africans don't care about what's going on in Nigeria or the rest of the continent. Those that do are a very tiny minority.

The only reason it seems like we care is because we are menaced by those countries' citizens who live in SA. If there wasn't a strong immigrant population in SA we would be living as a closed-off island.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by IronGalaxy: 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Most South Africans don't care about what's going on in Nigeria or the rest of the continent. Those that do are a very tiny minority.

The only reason it seems like we care is because we are menaced by those countries' citizens who live in SA. If there wasn't a strong immigrant population in SA we would be living as a closed-off island.

100% True

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Multiplier7(m): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Even if you ask Botswana and Namibia whether they are better than Nigeria, they will answer NO in unison

So what's all the noise about? Genoa have not even posted any pics from Eko Atlantic. Just few from Abj and few from Lagos. Nothing from Akwa ibom, Calabar, Enugu, Kano and Port Harcourt, even Kaduna.

Nigeria too much Jareh, forget our leaders inadequacies.

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Multiplier7:
Even if you ask Botswana and Namibia whether they are better than Nigeria, they will answer NO in unison

So what's all the noise about? Genoa have not even posted any pics from Eko Atlantic. Just few from Abj and few from Lagos. Nothing from Akwa ibom, Calabar, Enugu, Kano and Port Harcourt, even Kaduna.

Nigeria too much Jareh, forget our leaders inadequacies.
Eko Atlantic is the average village in South Africa. You have no idea how developed South Africa is.

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Resees: 12:23am On Jun 08, 2020
Benevento:

You are proud of windhoek and all those small capital that are not as Developed as Ilorin, they can only deceive people like you with their one location pictures, taken from different angles.

These guys are jealous of NIGERIA on Twitter.

You're just a pile of shit.
Lol leave them.Always looking at place where they are not needed.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Resees: 12:27am On Jun 08, 2020
The richest black man is from Nigeria
The richest black woman is from Nigeria
The country with most billlionaires and millonaires in Africa are all in Nigeria.
We have the best musicans,best actors.
You know what Bleep other Africans.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Resees: 12:28am On Jun 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Eko Atlantic is the average village in South Africa. You have no idea how developed South Africa is.
Then move there and stop whining.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 08, 2020
Resees:

Then move there and stop whining.
I plan to visit a few cities.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by IronGalaxy: 5:31am On Jun 08, 2020
Resees:
The country with most billlionaires and millonaires in Africa are all in Nigeria.
Not true. Don't want to get to the music argument but your actors can't act.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 08, 2020
Genoa:
Ruudvannisteroy is a slow.

The first pic is Mumbai

The other ones are not verifiable, it may even be Kenya

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 08, 2020
Genoa:
Ruudvannisteroy is a slow.

Mumbai not SA

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 08, 2020
Austine1213:

The first pic is Mumbai

He was spreading fake news.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
Genoa:

I asked you first why is Capetown's slum the second biggest in Africa?

Cape Town CBD in the middle of this ugly slum... Hahaha

The pic you posted is india Mumbai

Capetown cbd

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

He was spreading fake news.

One thing i never do when im here, i never speak ill of other countries, spread fake news, etc

Let him be that makes him sleep at night

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 08, 2020
Resees:

SA entertainment industry worth $10b,population 57m

While Nigeria is at $4b, population 200m

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2020
Austine1213:

The first pic is Mumbai

Defend your Shit, dont bring kenya into this

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Parents Of Afaka Students To El-Rufai: Negotiate With Bandits / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate / PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.