Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? (8873 Views)

Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ibadan..

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lagos...

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
Port Harcourt

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ibadan..

South African Tier 2 cities are not better than Ibadan Port Harcourt

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Genoa:
Ibadan..

South African Tier 2 cities are not better than Ibadan Port Harcourt
I have 4 houses in Ibadan.The city is not developed by any means, the only good thing is property and land is cheap.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by samorobo: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Austine1213:
South africa

Dude the first pic is not SA

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
South Africa is a shithole....

Home to HIV

Crime Rape

Discrimination.

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by lawani: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
So long those nations have a good system of depending on taxes and not free natural resources, it would not matter who is ruling them.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
lawani:
So long those nations have a good system of depending on taxes and not free natural resources, it would not matter who is ruling them.
South Africa is a shithole.

HIV nah normal thing for there.

NIGERIA is better.

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Genoa(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tier 1 cities
Johannesburg and Cape Town are not better than Lagos and Abuja.

Tier 2 cities
Durban and Pretoria are not better than Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Uyo.

To the poster of this thread, fvck you.

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by lawani: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Genoa:

South Africa is a shithole.

HIV nah normal thing for there.

NIGERIA is better.
but SA is an immigrant worker destination well ahead of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Genoa:
Tier 1 cities
Johannesburg and Cape Town are not better than Lagos and Abuja.

Tier 2 cities
Durban and Pretoria are not better than Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Uyo.

To the poster of this thread, fvck you.
You suffer delusions of grandeur, No Nigerian city can rival any South African city that was planned by the Dutch.

Is it in electricity,road network,transportation,sanitation,healthcare or education?
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
IronGalaxy:
The Cape is very very developed too bro

It is. He was asking if it's the best in SA.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
lawani:
but SA is an immigrant worker destination well ahead of Nigeria.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Jamestown123: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Compare progressive political leadership in Namibia,Botswana and South Africa.
then why wasn't the topic written like this? But instead you choose to drag Nigeria into it by force
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jamestown123:
then why wasn't the topic written like this? But instead you choose to drag Nigeria into it by force
I wanted to get your input. We can also get progressive political leadership.

https://www.nairaland.com/5690877/dream-team-transform-nigeria-2023
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I would like to visit South Africa on a tourist visit, but the impression most Nigerians have is South Africans hate us, due to minority that have given us a bad name.

If you don't come with an arrogant attitude your stay in SA will be divine. People will respond to the energy you give off.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

If you don't come with an arrogant attitude your stay in SA will be divine. People will respond to the energy you give off.
I would like to visit Cape Town,Durban,Bloemfontein,Pretoria,Port Elizabeth,Nelspruit,Kimberly,Pietermaritzburg. Which cities would you recommend for a stay of 1-2 weeks?
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Genoa:
I got banned by the power that be.

Okay, we're back.

Cape Town is a shithole.

HIV
Rape
Crime

So you're both Genoa and Benevento. shocked Noted.
I'm certain you are many other monikers in this thread also. Will figure it out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Minxie(f): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
In reply to your initial question, I think those countries would be the same as they currently are. This is simply because leadership is defined by the people. truth be told, no South African would put up with the things people put up with in Nigeria. So even if the same ministers were in power in SA, either they would have to change their governing methods or they must go. The same way most of our leaders would most likely act more corrupt in Nigeria. The people allow it.

I hope my input qualifies as progressive leadership? smiley this thread was becoming quite derailed...

3 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

So you're both Genoa and Benevento. shocked Noted.

shocked
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jamestown123:
No no bro don't tackle them anymore, just ask them how many of them can live in the cities?

You think you've discovered the winning formula. SA has the largest black middle class in all of Africa. So yes, we can afford to live in fancy places and we do.

You should answer why after 60 years of independence you still living in a shithole, with a smaller middle class than SA which is just 25 years old.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Minxie:
In reply to your initial question, I think those countries would be the same as they currently are. This is simply because leadership is defined by the people. truth be told, no South African would put up with the things people put up with in Nigeria. So even if the same ministers were in power in SA, either they would have to change their governing methods or they must go. The same way most of our leaders would most likely act more corrupt in Nigeria. The people allow it.

I hope my input qualifies as progressive leadership? smiley this thread was becoming quite derailed...
I agree Nigerians leaders would have changed their governing methods. if they governed Botswana,Namibia or South Africa. The people don't allow it, but have to put up with it because the leaders control the enforcement agencies that are some of the most brutal in the world, who have no regard for human life.

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Minxie(f): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I agree Nigerians leaders would have changed their governing methods. if they governed Botswana,Namibia or South Africa. The people don't allow it, but have to put up with it because the leaders control the enforcement agencies that are some of the most brutal in the world, who have no regard for human life.

I get your point... however, the world has witnessed uprisings that have been very brutal. If Nigerians were to demand better governance as a collective, the chances of mass atrocities would be slim. People have to be willing to lay their lives on the line. It's a fight for the future and not necessarily the present. Having a big uprising would be more effective than a few people protesting and getting slaughtered by military or police forces. Look at Zimbabwe, it wasnt a few hundred people. The same with South Africa. Enforcement agencies need to be outnumbered. Nigeria will only get it's respect back when the people decide to stand up for themselves.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jamestown123:
I smell jealousy

Oh please, post one nice thing in Nigeria and I'll post back something 100x better. Sit down.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
samorobo:

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
samorobo:

Check

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
samorobo:

Its johannesburg

Hope this pic will help

2 Likes

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jamestown123:
It's not an achievement but you are always jealous of Nigerians living large in your cities. Why because you can't afford them, and if you can't afford them you start thinking these people are criminals. You and I knows that's the whole truth.

Only a Nigerian mindset thinks living in Hillbrow and Yeoville is an achievement. Let me skool you, the only South Africans who live there are students because the rentals are cheap. That's how Nigerians get some of them hooked on drugs.

The average South African wouldnt be caught dead living among Nigerians. It's an abomination.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Austine1213:

Its johannesburg

Hope this pic will help
New York of Africa-too bad the crime rate is out of control.
Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Lmfao. TMK South already responded to this myth. Nigerians we get to encounter everyday are those riff-raff ones who sell jeans on pavements, stand on the corners with groups of ten making noise and stuff. Check where most of you dwell, Hillbrow, Berea, Yeoville etc depilated buildings. Definitely no living large there, they go to South Africa and come back and tell you villagers fairy tales and you all buy it.

True dat. cool They all call home saying they're living large. Instead they are filth in SA. You can't be a frog at home and then transform to a prince in SA. All lies.

1 Like

Re: What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders? by TMKsouth: 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
IronGalaxy:
imagine! We would begin to celebrate the construction of useless infrastructure like windmills and stuff.Ever notice how Nigerians celebrate the building of the most basic of infrastructure? Like a corner store for example you'll find them saying stuff like " baba is working!" grin I'm like what the Bleep!? This is a country starving for development but you'll find them saying we are jealous of them. Delusions

Lol cheesy When last did you see SA presidents cutting ribbons at new projects. At the rate we build new things our leaders don't bother anymore. Meanwhile Buhari commissions Lebanese corner shops like you said. grin Good thing we introduced them to malls. Now they are giving us mouth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Enugu To Commence Operations Of Its Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centres / Court Rejects Secondus’ New Suit Citing CJN’s Warning / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.