Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? (13346 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / What Is Your Church Theme For 2018? / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by wunmi590(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2020
tongue
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by jaxxy(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
Like My Pastor will say

" If your Church cannot Change you, Change your Church"

Once you still feel empty Especially Spirtually in the Church you attend, Rise up and use your legs to Walk out!

Eternity is a Personal Race! Not a Church Race

Church as a building to gather people for religious routine practices or services is a concept of man.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by FGonline: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:
I actually don't have any problem with the church, pastor or any member.
It's just that my heart is no longer in the church, as in, I am just forcing myself to attend it's Sunday services and because of the fact that my heart is not there, I don't enjoy the services unlike before.

Few tips on why I lost interest:
1. The church is too close to my house
2. The environment is quite not presentable
3. It's more of a family church,
4. The way his son( the junior pastor runs the church as if it's his personal business, too authoritative).
Honestly, I totally fell out of love with the church and I wish to change.
So what's the best way to do that without hurting or causing problems??
dsame with me ooo
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:
It's just that my heart is no longer in the church, as in, I am just forcing myself to attend it's Sunday services and because of the fact that my heart is not there, I don't enjoy the services unlike before.

4. The way his son( the junior pastor runs the church as if it's his personal business, too authoritative).

Your first sentence contradicts your 4th tip.. I conclude that you and the pastor's son are chasing the same church girl.. You better repent and serve God..
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by jeromestarks: 9:43am On Jun 07, 2020
Just move on. Check out the nearest Baptist Church.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by DorianD(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2020
That's y I like myself...would simply walk into d church of my choice
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by tesseract: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2020
You must understand that some churches are more of a dynasty than a place of organized worship, worship to God and not to man. So except you are getting abused spiritually or physically, know that you are there to serve God not man. If it's a case of abuse, talk to someone you trust and leave quietly. Some young people have a misguided understanding of what authority is, so they tend to abuse it, your pastor is accountable to God, let him face his employer, this will help you tolerate your pastor's authoritative behavior.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by NaijadrivaCars: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
Like My Pastor will say

" If your Church cannot Change you, Change your Church"

Once you still feel empty Especially Spirtually in the Church you attend, Rise up and use your legs to Walk out!

Eternity is a Personal Race! Not a Church Race

Are you a Chosen Mopol? tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by MCIU1: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Stop giving out thite ..

Just like Julius Dein Girlfriend
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Kehinderichard(m): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2020
People make the mistake of pleasing their pastors by staying even when they are not being spiritually blessed. Move to a church that feeds you spiritually and where you always find a special kind of joy.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by scriptures01: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps/meetinghouses/@0.000000,0.000000,2&lang=eng
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Capeverde: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

me

There is nothing like changing your church, because you are the church God's dwelling place,my advice for you is total repentance and God will direct your path.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Learning about the philosophies of your people and land. Reorienting yourself that they are not all evil (at least not as evil as the new religions have been).Taking the plenty good in them and adding it to the good you find in church. Then finding a way to attend your church without needing to “fire” our ancestors.
For me this is my own best way to change churches.
Cheers.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by osejie17(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Well as u said is a family church you can meet with the pastor and suggest some changes that will make the the church grow higher. as for authority every man of God needs that it has been bestow on Dem by God.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by kenny1313(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2020
Make sure the next Church is not own by anybody. Make sure the church is just run by a well organized body, if not the next Church you are going to the child of the pastor will even do worst. I always tell people close to me that you guys are just securing the future of this Pastors children. It's just the plain Truth.
Because it has turn to inheritance.
Get sense please, it's free.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Champneys: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

Walk to another church!
Very easy stuff to do
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by toye440: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

bros just leave, u dont need any sent forth ceremony, trust me u wont be missed. Remember ur living is ur quest for happiness, u owe nobody anything, just make sure u leave quietly without raising any rukus.
The Church is not a cult, pls move on.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:
I actually don't have any problem with the church, pastor, or any member.

The Bible says I will give you a shepherd who will feed you continually.
The mistake some Christians use to make is attending church because it is closer to their house. Or because their tribe person is the Spiritual leader.
Folks, we are talking about spiritual matters and not a cultural matter. Christianity is beyond the scope of social or cultural matters.
Those who use church to sell their business and to achieve their ulterior motives would not bother because their spiritual lives is not their priorities. Their priority how to cheat and defraud people those kind of people will not bother.
For every person on the Earth, there is a spiritual leader sent to them. The man of God might be far or near but there's a man sent to us..it is your responsibility to find it. You can attend church for more than 20 years and your life will not change. But the moment you come in encounter with the person God has sent to you, your spiritual and your entire life will be boosted.
A lot of Christian is going through the same thing but since spiritual growth is not their priority and more so some might have many traditional alternatives to solve their problem, so they will not bother.
But I can tell you for free that some good Christian pays through their nose e to connect to the shepherd God has sent to their lives while some will not bother.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by hahn(m): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

By starting your own church. Tell them god called you
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by GboyegaD(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Just change your church if you are a floor member.
If you are a worker, tell your Unit Head you want to change church because your spirit isn't flowing well with the church any longer. You don't need to tell too many stories. The worst is that the senior pastor might want to have a word with you, just tell him the same thing. You don't need to get into too many details.

Above all, it is your own spiritual life that will take you to Heaven and you need to guard your salvation diligently. Your mind isn't there anymore, you need not frustrate your salvation because remaining there might only make you wax cold spiritually.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Myer(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

Clearly there's more to this story than you've shared.

If you don't mind sharing what exactly happened so that we can both learn and also advise rightly.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by DAVE5(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2020
Never knew people have to come on public forums to ask how they leave a church they don't have a passion to attend anymore

Wetin Musa no go see for church gate sha
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by successity5(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2020
You're not serious, are you worshiping the pastors, the church, the members or you're worshipping GOD almighty Secondly you are not serious, are being controlled/forced by anybody to attend the church
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by TransflectTP(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2020
Why would change of place of worship hurt or cause problems? Is it by force to worship in a particular church?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by madamori9: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Just don’t go and ignore calls.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by entrep88: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

1. Stop paying tithe.(They will confront you) grin grin grin
2. Gradually hand over church properties to office or junior officer
3. If you are in a coporate church like mine, and an officer, pls write a letter with your grieviances before going to another parish except you are changing church entirely.
4. Call it quit.
5. Thank me later!
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Drizzy5001(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Find any Catholic Church close to you and join, you won't regret ur decision , I tell you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Righteousness89(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Are you a Chosen Mopol? tongue

Yes I am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / The Greatest Lover Of All Time / Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.