Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush (28127 Views)

WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, 4 Others Sail Through First Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by EagleSquare1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
And Mrs Adeosun didn’t perform well on your opinion, right?

You must note that it is the prerogative of any President that supports the performance of key members of the administration.

Under Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (NOI), during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria became broke, and we were at the precipice.

But if you ask me, I doff my hat for NOI because she refused to jump ship even when she knew that the ship was heading for the rocks with a president who was reckless in his spending and directing the release of funds without purpose of national interest. NOI stayed on course to make sure the ship of state didn’t go aground before a new administration came on board.

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is my Heroine if you care to ask, for her patriotism and dedication, and even loyalty to both the President and the people of Nigeria at the same time, with such ingenuity.

I can bet she never wanted to be on board the cabinet of the new administration. She needed a break.

I support her nomination and wish her all the best!

Redoil:
I am still wondering how bubu drop this woman of vast knowledge and connection from his cabinet and with the help and support of Lagos ibadan expressway journalist who demoted her and promote kemi adeosun.

now let us juxtapos both of them. where is kemi adeosun and where is okonjo iweala?

okonjo iweala helping to solve Nigeria and fix Nigeria problem.

Fulanis under the auspices of Yoruba people have finished Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Forumobserver12(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:

When I read about Egypt’s rejection of her nomination, I was a little bit worried thinking Nigeria might have shoot herself in the foot. It’s good to see that Egypt is only making empty noise all over the place. International law and trade experts in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wouldn’t have advised the president to withdraw Agah and replace with Okonjo-Iweala if the window for such replacement had closed.

It will be a thing of pride if the Buhari administration can successfully pull this through. Having a Nigerian as the DG of the WTO for the very first time will be a big deal. A Nigerian is currently the president of the UN general assembly, Adesina is the president of AfDB and Amina Mohammed is the deputy Secretary General of the UN. If we successfully add WTO, it shows that Nigeria is now pulling her weight in the international community.

The position of president of the UN general assembly is rotational, besides Nigerian has occupied that position in the past, you can look up the name: Professor.Joy Ogwu..
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by EagleSquare1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Stop dodging the issues. And pls put that down that cheap allusion of a picture

[code][/code]
Justiceleague1:

So this is how to show your worth??!
I pity you
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by DelphiOracle(m): 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
paulolee:
maybe am not supposed to comment because i gat no idea abt the topic and cant read it because am inside church and not interested...
visited a new church close to the place and i noticed new changes in the church caused by covid, the washing hand measures outside d church and the small spacing between sits, but the most important thing i observed was the little number of people going out to put offerings and sow seeds, am serious nobody even went out when tithe payers were asked to come out for prayers....this post covid era no go easy o.....and also on my way home one J.W family jus de follow me wey hungry wan kee say dm wan know my ous, i jus told them am not stayin around and that am a Muslim and they should forget the fact that am holding a bible that a friend forgot it at my place bt they still insist dt i collect that thier paper...naija eeh
hmm. But u for leave out J.W from this ur lie na
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by EagleSquare1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Very fair comment here.

geosegun:

Ngosi Iweala, has the pedigree and the experience. She was not to blame for others ineptitude and corruption. Also, Kemi Adesosun got the vibe and the experience and she performed brilliantly too. If not for the unfortunate NYSC certificate saga. She would have gone places even at the international levels too.

Both women are assets to Nigeria. You can take this to the Bank �
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by EagleSquare1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Correct!

sabidey:
show us a proof. The Okonjo Iweala I know has constantly being a critics of the government she served. I have read a lot of memos where she praised PMB's giant steps towards the recovery of our economy through diversification, mining e.t.c
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by FearGodinall: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
aremuforlife:

How has she solved Nigeria problems? Kemi Adeosun has shown her worth while in office, and we can attest to her performanc. She was just a victim of political witch hunt.
. Yes she had solved Nigeria problems so,where is she now.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Japhtee(m): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
johnmattew:
she is not igbo...she is deltan

You be mumu. Ngozi is Ijaw name I guess, Okonjo abi Iweala is Itshekiri ba? When they call for state of origin you can come up with your bla bla bla.. But when it comes to ethnicity or tribe don't display your ignorance on public forum.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Mummyfour(f): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
paulolee:
maybe am not supposed to comment because i gat no idea abt the topic and cant read it because am inside church and not interested...
visited a new church close to the place and i noticed new changes in the church caused by covid, the washing hand measures outside d church and the small spacing between sits, but the most important thing i observed was the little number of people going out to put offerings and sow seeds, am serious nobody even went out when tithe payers were asked to come out for prayers....this post covid era no go easy o.....and also on my way home one J.W family jus de follow me wey hungry wan kee say dm wan know my ous, i jus told them am not stayin around and that am a Muslim and they should forget the fact that am holding a bible that a friend forgot it at my place bt they still insist dt i collect that thier paper...naija eeh
. You just came out from church and destroyed the chances of your prayers reaching heaven by lying. 2 lies for that matter,you adopted Islam,you deny your Bible the word of God. Bros na waaooo!!! grin
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:

When I read about Egypt’s rejection of her nomination, I was a little bit worried thinking Nigeria might have shoot herself in the foot. It’s good to see that Egypt is only making empty noise all over the place. International law and trade experts in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wouldn’t have advised the president to withdraw Agah and replace with Okonjo-Iweala if the window for such replacement had closed.

It will be a thing of pride if the Buhari administration can successfully pull this through. Having a Nigerian as the DG of the WTO for the very first time will be a big deal. A Nigerian is currently the president of the UN general assembly, Adesina is the president of AfDB and Amina Mohammed is the deputy Secretary General of the UN. If we successfully add WTO, it shows that Nigeria is now pulling her weight in the international community.

What if NOI is IPOB intellectual grin

Those days using Igbos to protect the zoo interest are over, IPOB everywhere.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Thatidomaguy: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hmmm very elaborate
[color=#006600][/color]
Redoil:
I am still wondering how bubu drop this woman of vast knowledge and connection from his cabinet and with the help and support of Lagos ibadan expressway journalist who demoted her and promote kemi adeosun.

now let us juxtapos both of them. where is kemi adeosun and where is okonjo iweala?

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by DoubleEngine007: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mummyfour:
. You just came out from church and destroyed the chances of your prayers reaching heaven by lying. 2 lies for that matter,you adopted Islam,you deny your Bible the word of God. Bros na waaooo!!! grin

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by farem: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Redoil:

Drop(sic)? Was she ever a part of the PMBs team?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by CsRockefeller(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
paulolee:

grin

I love this. Very funny and creative.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:

Think of the reason she was rejected as the president of world bank and the Chinese man was appointed
I will answer that for you. Most the appointment she has being receiving are as a result of the fact that she was once an mD at WORLD bank and haVE being overlooking the fact that she was useless as a finance minister during GJ regime (read more about January 2 2012 )the day every body lost hope on GJ regime ... She caused that catastrophic incident
As i was saying the world bank investigate thoroughly seeing her inability to handle the finance of her country appropriately they rejected her the post
Shut up and stop pushing fake narrative.

The Korean was selected because South Korea is a US ally and Washington controls the leadership of the world bank.

The Korean who is a medical doctor was not on the same level with NOI or even the other contestant.

He won because of politics. Nothing more.

If she failed so much as you think, she would not be the most sought after international economics consultant on the planet.

She is currently heading South African economic team among other appointments of hers.

Does that sound like who is suffering from failure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
AnanseK:

We all know that the woman NOI is overrated .

She performed woefully as the coordinating Minister for Jonathan and left the economy in a mess.

As minister of finance she watched as Desiani Madueke, Sambo Dasuki, Secundus , Mama Peace, Bello Haliru and a host of them drained the treasury.
How could any New President retain such a lady as his Minister?

From her performance, I wouldn’t recommend her for the position of Wuse Market women President let alone DG Of World Trade Organization.
But it is good politics to send her to the international market where she is harmless to Nigeria ( even if she gets the position)
Igbos will continue hating, but at least others may be less hard on Buhari because of this irrelevant position.
An abokiii calling somebody overrated.
Look at the mess your quota system appointees have done to this country.
The quota system Minister of finance is there allocating money for school feeding children at home.
No legacy initiative.
BVN, IPPIS, TSA, sovereign wealth fund, are all Ngozi's brain child.

What is madam zainab input to the ministry of finance apart from allocating money?

There is no northerner like Ngozi in the past 100 years and there will be no northerner like her in the next 100 years.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

Shut up and stop pushing fake narrative.

The Korean was selected because South Korea is a US ally and Washington controls the leadership of the world bank.

The Korean who is a medical doctor was not on the same level with NOI or even the other contestant.

He won because of politics. Nothing more.

If she failed so much as you think, she would not be the most sought after international economics consultant on the planet.

She is currently heading South African economic team among other appointments of hers.

Does that sound like who is suffering from failure?
Look idiot ... I don't give a damn if she won or not but the fact that she Destroyed Nigerias economy with that useless Man Jonathan still stands so you can take your quote shove it down your throat[color=#000099][/color]
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

An abokiii calling somebody overrated.
Look at the mess your quota system appointees have done to this country.
The quota system Minister of finance is there allocating money for school feeding children at home.
No legacy initiative.
BVN, IPPIS, TSA, sovereign wealth fund, are all Ngozi's brain child.

What is madam zainab input to the ministry of finance apart from allocating money?

There is no northerner like Ngozi in the past 100 years and there will be no northerner like her in the next 100 years.
With all the power what impact has she made into your useless life and that of your tribe... What as she done for the south with " she is the most powerful woman in Africa " stupid people
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:

Look idiot ... I don't give a damn if she won or not but the fact that she Destroyed Nigerias economy with that useless Man Jonathan still stands so you can take your quote shove it down your throat[color=#000099][/color]
Clown.

She is the reason you have an economy, dimwit.

What was Nigeria before Ngozi?
Or you think Nigeria just started drilling oil in 1999.?
Your military leaders plundered your oil wealth and accumulated debts.

It was Ngozi that came, got your debts cleared and built an economic structure from scratch.

Ngozi gave the country an economic structure.
Anybody with less talent and things would have been much worse.

That is what South Africa is paying Millions to get now from her.

Ungrateful thing.

How much did Nigeria pay her as salary and entitlements that she can't make elsewhere?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:

With all the power what impact has she made into your useless life and that of your tribe... What as she done for the south with " she is the most powerful woman in Africa " stupid people
clown.

She has not only impacted on my tribe, she has impacted on your tribe.

It's because of her you are not using sawdust to cook like your parents did under abacha even with the oil wealth.

Nobody in the apc has a right to call her overrated.

It's like a fan of bakayoko calling Messi overrated.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Redoil:

Mr.Redoil, with the garbage you wrote above, it is obvious you only have redoil where your brain should be.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

Clown.

It was Ngozi that came, got your debts cleared and built an economic structure from scratch.

Ungrateful thing.

How much did Nigeria pay her as salary and entitlements that she can't make elsewhere?
This is just a proof that you are brain washed delusional human being so she saved Nigerias economy into recession abi making the citizen suffer for an offence they did not commit
Look since you cant stop defending her i will advise you marry her since there is no wrong in what she is doing ...you might actually be the only one that loves her this much

How come yaraduah(may is soul rest in perfect peace) did i
His part gallantly with out the useless economics
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
It was NOI that created BVN, TSA, sovereign wealth fund, Amcon, IPPIS.

That is brilliant from only one person.

Madam zainab will leave soon in 2023 and her only achievement would be allocating money and keeping a low profile.

That is how to know levels in brilliance.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

clown.

She has not only impacted on my tribe, she has impacted on your tribe.

It's because of her you are not using sawdust to cook like your parents did under abacha even with the oil wealth.

Nobody in the apc has a right to call her overrated.

It's like a fan of bakayoko calling Messi overrated.
You This useless thing who brought abarcha into the matter now some body crippled the nations treasury with bandits friend (GJ regime)

Infact she is not different from abacha they are both corrupt and wicked politicians ... She did impact ..was it not the south then that was complaining when she removed subsidy from. The price of fuel the north didn't give a Bleep they could treck any where
And perhaps please enlighten me on any use full thing she did as the finance ministerthan clearing audio debt
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

Clown.

Ungrateful thing.

Lol. You Igbos and your clannish overhyping of garbage and mediocrity. Was this not the woman who could not prevent Nigeria heading into recess and had to warm in 2014, at the twilight of the pathetically corrupt GEJ government, that Nigeria was heading into recession and should brace up for "tough times"?

She handed over a moribund economy, totally destroyed by her cluelessness and the corrupt profligacy of GEJ, to the APC and you are here shamelessly touting her an economic champion.

You Igbos are clowns forever cursed to never see or admit the truth once once of your own is involved. Were we all on Mars when she was coordinating Minster of the Nigerian economy? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:

You This useless thing who brought abarcha into the matter now some body crippled the nations treasury with bandits friend (GJ regime)

Infact she is not different from abacha they are both corrupt and wicked politicians ... She did impact ..was it not the south then that was complaining when she removed subsidy from. The price of fuel the north didn't give a Bleep they could treck any where
And perhaps please enlighten me on any use full thing she did as the finance ministerthan clearing audio debt
Don't quote me again.

You are the definition of not to cast pearls before swine.

Clown that thinks Nigeria problem started in 1999.

U never start.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

Don't quote me again.

You are the definition of not to cast pearls before swine.

Clown that thinks Nigeria problem started in 1999.

U never start.
A zygot is by far in a million ways much wiser than you...useless cave man
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by RTSC: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Lol. You Igbos and your clannish overhyping of garbage and mediocrity. Was this not the woman who could not prevent Nigeria heading into recess and had to warm in 2014, at the twilight of the pathetically corrupt GEJ government, that Nigeria was heading into recession and should brace up for "tough times"?

She handed over a moribund economy, totally destroyed by her cluelessness and the corrupt profligacy of GEJ, to the APC and you are here shamelessly touting her an economic champion.

You Igbos are clowns forever cursed to never see or admit the truth once once of your own is involved. Were we all on Mars when she was coordinating Minster of the Nigerian economy? Nonsense.
I support aganga. Am i also a Yoruba?

When you don't have sense, that is when you pander to the simplest answer - ethnicity.

Tell me the state of your economy before 1999 when NOI took over, let us compare.
List the indices and facts.

Show us the beautiful economy that NOI destroyed.

Let's start from there
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:

This is just a proof that you are brain washed delusional human being so she saved Nigerias economy into recession abi making the citizen suffer for an offence they did not commit
Look since you cant stop defending her i will advise you marry her since there is no wrong in what she is doing ...you might actually be the only one that loves her this much

How come yaraduah(may is soul rest in perfect peace) did i
His part gallantly with out the useless economics

I really dont get Igbos. When they talk about the 'achievements' of their own people you begin to wonder if they are sane.

The same Iweala the world saw supervise Nigeria's slide into recession she then irresponsibly failed to prepare our nation for? When you call Igbos patently dishonest and fraudulently revisionist they begin to cry.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by frog12: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
me think its a woman thing. all the women are in charge now, imf, ecb, but if they say na US dey behind NOI nomination, so dey wan remove Adesina from AfDB?
anyway, Adesina dig him own hole!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rented Unknown Bishops: Tinubu Not Qualified To Be President By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Unit In Imo (Video, Pics) / PDP Accuses Buhari Of ‘official Terrorism'. Premium Times.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.