Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush (28169 Views)

WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, 4 Others Sail Through First Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by frog12: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
dey wan trade Adesina at AfDB. but america don pull out of WTO

Gandollar:
Of course NOI stands a better chance than the others, but now OP says America was involved in her emergence as Nigeria's candidate but failed to explain how that happened.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by frog12: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
i agree with you. adeosun is worth more than NOI. NOI just waste our money.
adeosun will not borrow money to pay salaries, if she had stayed, she will retrench all these government millionaire staffs.

aremuforlife:

How has she solved Nigeria problems? Kemi Adeosun has shown her worth while in office, and we can attest to her performanc. She was just a victim of political witch hunt.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by AnanseK(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

An abokiii calling somebody overrated.
Look at the mess your quota system appointees have done to this country.
The quota system Minister of finance is there allocating money for school feeding children at home.
No legacy initiative.
BVN, IPPIS, TSA, sovereign wealth fund, are all Ngozi's brain child.
What is madam zainab input to the ministry of finance apart from allocating money?
There is no northerner like Ngozi in the past 100 years and there will be no northerner like her in the next 100 years.

Chest beating is Igbos specialty , I’m not disappointed. Shamelessly Claiming brain child.

Her brain child was the draining the treasury for Jonathan’s futile election bribes. We all are witnesses.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by frog12: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
people like know nothing but talk big.
what use is DG of wto other than to serve to ego of NOI? how does it raise Nigeria's profile?
having adesina or another nigerian in AfDB is better.
And dont talk of Amina mohammmed again. that woman did not improve environment before she ran to the UN.

seunmsg:

When I read about Egypt’s rejection of her nomination, I was a little bit worried thinking Nigeria might have shoot herself in the foot. It’s good to see that Egypt is only making empty noise all over the place. International law and trade experts in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wouldn’t have advised the president to withdraw Agah and replace with Okonjo-Iweala if the window for such replacement had closed.

It will be a thing of pride if the Buhari administration can successfully pull this through. Having a Nigerian as the DG of the WTO for the very first time will be a big deal. A Nigerian is currently the president of the UN general assembly, Adesina is the president of AfDB and Amina Mohammed is the deputy Secretary General of the UN. If we successfully add WTO, it shows that Nigeria is now pulling her weight in the international community.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by frog12: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
you mean where mounir gwarzo gave himself 100 million as bonus having served 2 years a commissioner. so that is 50 million each year. she sacked gwarzo. adeosun is more effective. did NOI even sack anyone as minister of finance? i must join government. i can become a millionaire in rapid rate.

Racoon:

You must be joking.I give it to Madam Kemi on the SEC reforms but on the economy, it was absolutely zero.The present Hadiza of a woman have compounded it.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Forumobserver12(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
mmars:
I just hope okonjo uses this opportunity to redeem her self and clear all the bad names Goodluck Jonathan regime brought upon her

The woman has nothing to redeem because she did her job diligently while serving her country, that's why she has been getting appointments all over the world after leaving government, those people falling over each other to offer her appointments or associate with her are not stupid....
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Justiceleague1: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
EagleSquare1:

Stop dodging the issues. And pls put that down that cheap allusion of a picture

[code][/code]

Shut up thank you
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Depressed101: 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:
Baba I think you are on the wrong thread o cheesy
you will never understand. E be things truly!
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
WaveLiion:

From skull mining abi. Ewu dey there dey fool ursef. I am 100 sure that you are a Yorubba Muslim terrorist. So shut up ezi
Pained drug pusher the next time you traffic humans check for your family member before sending your kinsmen to italy
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Proudlytips: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by paulolee(m): 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
CsRockefeller:

grin
I love this. Very funny and creative.
thanks man...dts me 4 u bt sometimes d head de touch oo
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by paulolee(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mummyfour:
. You just came out from church and destroyed the chances of your prayers reaching heaven by lying. 2 lies for that matter,you adopted Islam,you deny your Bible the word of God. Bros na waaooo!!! grin
my gee nobody holy pass...even Abraham once told a lie dt serah was his sister and also peter deny bros J three times na...me no holy pass dm na...get ur point and would try use oda means to avoid dm nxt time
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by benji93: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
How did she let things get out of hand while she was the finance minister? If she still gets international appointments, we could argue it's because of her position as the former MD of world bank. Definitely not due to her work as the finance minister. Appointing a former employee of World bank is actually not a good idea, given we all know what they stand for. I respect her academic qualifications, but i am afraid she failed as the finance minister.
WaveLiion:

Usual narrative from abobaku monkeys. Hating on someone that saved your generation from poverty. Keep hating while she keeps bagging international appointments. Your certificate forger tribes woman has disappeared into oblivion.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Gandollar(f): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
ginovera:

READ.....BUT contrary to impressions that the FG may have settled for NOI solely to brighten Nigeria’s chances, a former diplomatic attaché confirmed to The Guardian that the initiative came from the U.S.

He recalled how Egypt used the tenure of Boutrus Ghali to allegedly pursue some interests inimical to that of the U.S., explaining that the Americans were wary of Egypt’s lobby to emerge as consensus candidate.
hahaha... America and Nigeria are not great friends now so to speak, how are they sure of NOI?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by fyneguy: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
If indeed her nomination came from the US, then the Deep States/NWO cabal are behind her.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Gandollar(f): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
benji93:
How did she let things get out of hand while she was the finance minister? If she still gets international appointments, we could argue it's because of her position as the former MD of world bank. Definitely not due to her work as the finance minister. Appointing a former employee of World bank is actually not a good idea, given we all know what they stand for. I respect her academic qualifications, but i am afraid she failed as the finance minister.
How did things get out of hand? And are things normal now that she's out of the way?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by fyneguy: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Slawoomir:

What bad names? Is it the ungrounded allegations that Buhari's govt made against her?

If she had bad names as you allege, she wouldn't have had 5 International appointments within the space of 1 year. Many of Goodluck's appointee's have been having International appointments same cant be said of buhari and his goons.

No. she herself admitted her failure in her book, but largely blamed it on uncooperative and corrupt govt officials
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by benji93: 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Your question is only useful if you assume she's on the same level with those that succeeded. If she's far better than them as her academic qualifications suggest, she should be doing way better than them, perhaps revolutionizing the finance ministry.
Gandollar:
How did things get out of hand? And are things normal now that she's out of the way?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by iamlinco(m): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
paulolee:
maybe am not supposed to comment because i gat no idea abt the topic and cant read it because am inside church and not interested...
visited a new church close to the place and i noticed new changes in the church caused by covid, the washing hand measures outside d church and the small spacing between sits, but the most important thing i observed was the little number of people going out to put offerings and sow seeds, am serious nobody even went out when tithe payers were asked to come out for prayers....this post covid era no go easy o.....and also on my way home one J.W family jus de follow me wey hungry wan kee say dm wan know my ous, i jus told them am not stayin around and that am a Muslim and they should forget the fact that am holding a bible that a friend forgot it at my place bt they still insist dt i collect that thier paper...naija eeh
Anakogheri
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by ThatFairGuy: 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
[s]
Redoil:
I am still wondering how bubu drop this woman of vast knowledge and connection from his cabinet and with the help and support of Lagos ibadan expressway journalist who demoted her and promote kemi adeosun.

now let us juxtapos both of them. where is kemi adeosun and where is okonjo iweala?

okonjo iweala helping to solve Nigeria and fix Nigeria problem.

Fulanis under the auspices of Yoruba people have finished Nigeria.
[/s]
you're daft.
Someone worked with Obj and GEJ, they borrowed to pay salary, plunged us into recession with their EXESSIVENESS. OR TELL ME, WHAT WAS HER ACHIEVEMENTS?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by ThatFairGuy: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:
Was she ever in buharis cabinet?
She made it clear then when asked if she could serve the buhari regime if invited, that it would be a NO
Who wants a renowned thief b4
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
WaveLiion:

My family is Ewu gambia
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Your wish and desires for and against the innocent shall backfire at and consume you.

Will you get lost!
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jakemedg:
And you think buhari's cabinet members aren't looters right?

Can you read and comprehend?
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by bigtt76(f): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Exactly ...allow competence take the lead but no, it must be my state or my tribe notwithstanding his or her level of qualification. Today, our Minister of Education is a journalist ...not even a professor or doctor of education. They can't do that for the Justice or Health ministries where professional are required. Ar taya shaaa

LastProphet:

We are still mostly primitive people especially the educated ones, educated Africans are a disappointment to education. We are a mentally retarded people so we can continue to complain about why other races treat us as inferiors. My state kogi was ruined by governors from my tribe, then yaya bello from another tribe even came and did worse, so tell me how getting development is connected to any particular tribe? Africa is unfortunate
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Jakemedg(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
TripleOh7:

Can you read and comprehend?
Can you read and comprehend your own comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by NNWAGOD: 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
BUT, I WANT TO ASK THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS A QUESTION. BUHARI IS DEAD AND BURIED IN SAUDI ARABIA. THIS IS FACT THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS . HOW THEN CAN A DEAD MAN NOMINATE THE LIVING? JUST ASKING.
Re: WTO DG: President Buhari’s Tactical Change And Egypt’s Ambush by Justiceleague1: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2020
TripleOh7:

Will you get lost!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Zulum's Aide Blasted For Posting Old & Fake Pictures Of APC Katsina Rally / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams / Fire Outbreak At Bukola Saraki's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.