Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? (18629 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Is It Possible To Be A True Christian Without Witnessing Christ? / No True Christian Will Marry A Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2020
Beatswim:
the whole book of ecclesiastic showed Solomon brokenness and repentance Also, in his commentary on (1 Kin 11:43), Wesley says: "This seems to be put out of dispute by the book of Ecclesiastes; written after his fall; as is evident, not only from the unanimous testimony of the Hebrew writers, but also, from the whole strain of that book, which was written long after he had finished all his works, and after he had liberally drunk of all sorts of sensual pleasures, and sadly experienced the bitter effects of his love of women, Ecclesiastes 7:17, etc. which makes it more than probable, that as David writ Psalms 51:1-19. So Solomon wrote this book as a publick testimony and profession of his repentance.. Solomon finished the book of ecclesiastic by saying that the conclusion of the whole life ia is fear God and keep his commandment for this is the whole duty of man
That was a broken and depressed man mostly, in the book of Ecclesiastes, not a penitent man.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Sultty(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2020
It's possible but it will not work in Nigeria. Too much of bloodshed sad humans are impossible even when it's abroad (home or abroad) humans will not allow d move of godliness to be in them. Whoever there are kings, presidents is not possible
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I thought you will even mention David
the reason is that David hand is stain with blood, he fought war, even God did not choose him to build the temple. Solomon although he is a sinner like his father, but he repented, David repented also. But who am I to choose David when God had chosen Solomon.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
are you sure you are a Christian,? Indeed a generation without God.

Luk 11:31 The queen of the
south shall rise up in the
judgment with the men of this
generation, and condemn them:
for she came from the utmost
parts of the earth to hear the
WISDOM OF SOLOMON ; and, behold,
a GREATER THAN SOLOMON is here.

Had Solomon died as a wicked apostate who never repented, Jesus would not have compared Himself to
Solomon because Solomon would in that case have ultimately proved to be the greatest fool in the history of Israel.

Furthermore, had Jesus likened Himself to such a defective man, he would have left Himself open to a
profound rebuke from his enemies
If Solomon repented of his sins, did God not get the memo? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Ulomoney(f): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2020
You may not attain power like that. But that's THE ONLY WAY to maintain that power.

EastGold:
Very possible!

Some of us do not attain or maintain power by dipping hands into evil.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
There are many good kings in the Bible, are kings and president not human? As a Good Christian king or president, power and money cannot override you.

Solomon had a wonderful knowledge of the Scriptures and a high view of God, as can be seen by his prayer of dedication found in 1 Kings chapter 8.

Oop's question is can the zoo (Nigerian) governors, presidents, lawmakers be a true Christians?

In the zoo, once election are over, and swearing in are done, all the animals in political positions will line up to go lick head of Islamic terrorists in Aso Rock/Abuja, Sokoto, and in Yoruba gutter regions.

Very soon, any churchs or mosques hosting political rallies in our land, will be destroy by fire( it could be bombs fire, or elections bombs).

Something must destroy nigeria evil elections campaigns in Biafraland.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
the reason is that David hand is stain with blood, he fought war, even God did not choose him to build the temple. Solomon although he is a sinner like his father, but he repented, David repented also. But who am I to choose David when God had chosen Solomon.

God didn't chose King David? Do you know the amount of atrocities he forgave the Israelites for because of David's service to God?

Even some of the evil things that Solomon did, God overlooked it because of how much he loved King David.

Niqqa, I don't think you know who King David is.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If Solomon repented of his sins, did God not get the memo? undecided undecided undecided
Joh 10:23 And Jesus walked in the TEMPLE IN SOLOMONS PORCH .

Had Solomon died as an apostate, he would have been the worst example of apostasy in the history of God’s
people. It is unthinkable that the Jews in the times of Jesus would designate any part of the temple or allow any part of the temple to be called by the name of such a heinously wicked man who failed to repent before he died.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 10:38am On Jun 07, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

God didn't chose King David? Do you know the amount of atrocities he forgave the Israelites for because of David's service to God?

Even some of the evil things that Solomon did, God overlooked it because of how much he loved King David.

Niqqa, I don't think you know who King David is.
oh...... I did not make myself clear, I am speaking of the temple which God had promised the seed of Abraham to build, David supposed to build it, but his hand are stain with blood. Solomon isn't.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by vickyoluchi: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2020
The answer is NO because they can't be there without some ugly sacrifice they render to their gods.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Alaganature(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS

I'll be glad to learn how to do fake alert

WhatsApp number 08026333379
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by belcom10(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2020
It's very possible, only if you truly know your God. And you maintain courage to stand by him. Without playing harlot.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Emusan(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No He did not repent! He died an idol worshipper!
The man died a sinner; He made his choice was laid with it, but here you are quick to make excuses for him - are you alright at all? undecided

You that nobody is spoon fed, how did you know Solomon died a SINNER OR where was it written that Solomon died a sinner in the Bible?
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:45am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
Joh 10:23 And Jesus walked in the TEMPLE IN SOLOMONS PORCH .
News flash! Solomon was the one God chose to build the temple. I don't know what that has to do with knowing Solomon for who he really was?
malvisguy212:
Had Solomon died as an apostate, he would have been the worst example of apostasy in the history of God’s people.
No, he wouldn't because he was not the first and certainly not the last of the kings to do such.
malvisguy212:
It is unthinkable that the Jews in the times of Jesus would designate any part of the temple or allow any part of the temple to be called by the name of such a heinously wicked man who failed to repent before he died.
Um... Solomon was the king God chose to build the temple. Why would the Jews remove his name from the porch that he built? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2020
Emusan:
You that nobody is spoon fed, how did you know Solomon died a SINNER OR where was it written that Solomon died a sinner in the Bible?
People please read your Bible ooo!!
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Emusan(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Solomon wrote the book of Ecclesiastes which many believe to be written towards the end of his life and in that book a tone of repentance was spelled out especially in the last two chapters.

That was the reason he concluded the book with "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man, 14 For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, I or whether it be bad"
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by madamori9: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2020
I don’t know why people are acting like they don’t know those things cannot go together. It is like Yin and Yang.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Emusan(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
People please read your Bible ooo!!

And you can't point out the very verse where Solomon was said to die as a sinner.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2020
Emusan:
Solomon wrote the book of Ecclesiastes which many believe to be written towards the end of his life and in that book a tone of repentance was spelled out especially in the last two chapters.

That was the reason he concluded the book with "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man, 14 For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, I or whether it be bad"
Because of Solomons sins against God, and His unrepentance, God raised 3 enemies to aid in taking the land from Solomon's sons
#1.

1 Kings 11 vs 14(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Then the Lord raised up Hadad the Edomite to become Solomon’s enemy. Hadad was from the royal family of Edom.

#2.

[b] 1 Kings 11 vs 23(ERV) [/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. God also raised up another man to become one of Solomon’s enemies. This man was Rezon, son of Eliada. Rezon ran away from his master, King Hadadezer of Zobah.

#3.

1 Kings 11 vs 26(ERV)
26. There was also another person who became an enemy of Solomon. He was Jeroboam son of Nebat. He was an Ephraimite from the town of Zeredah. His mother was a widow named Zeruah. He was one of Solomon’s servants, but he rebelled against the king.

This is the plan that God put in place and it came to pass.

1 Kings 11 vs 33(ERV)
33. I will take the kingdom from Solomon because he stopped following me and began worshiping Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Milcom, the god of the Ammonites. Solomon stopped following my ways and doing what I say is right. He does not obey my laws and commands as his father David did.
34. So I will take the kingdom away from Solomon’s family. I chose David because he obeyed all my laws and commands. So for my servant David, I will let Solomon be the king for the rest of his life.
I guess God did not get the memo when Solomon supposedly repented from his sins. And when did Solomon do this, right before or after he decided to go after and kill Jeroboam, one of the men God raised against him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by AllenSpencer: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS

You want to hear the real truth without garnish?

It's impossible!
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
News flash! Solomon was the one God chose to build the temple. I don't know what that has to do with knowing Solomon for who he really was?
No, he wouldn't because he was not the first and certainly not the last of the kings to do such.
Um... Solomon was the king God chose to build the temple. Why would the Jews remove his name from the porch that he built? undecided
No my friend, it's not about the Jews , is about Jesus comparing Himself with Solomon , Solomon could be the worst example if he did not repent, but Jesus use him as an example for us all.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
No my friend, it's not about the Jews , is about Jesus comparing Himself with Solomon , Solomon could be the worst example if he did not repent, but Jesus use him as an example for us all.
Did Jesus compare Himself with Solomon? undecided undecided
Do you mean Solomon's raiments? Dude, you are really fishing, aren't you?

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by yembet(f): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
There are many good kings in the Bible, are kings and president not human? As a Good Christian king or president, power and money cannot override you.

Solomon had a wonderful knowledge of the Scriptures and a high view of God, as can be seen by his prayer of dedication found in 1 Kings chapter 8.
Yes Solomon was a king in Israel, who admonished and served the Lord, but remember was a wise king but, some point became foolish.
Solomon went against God's will of marrying foreign wives from among the ungodly and he allowed the wives to bring their idols to his kingdom
A man can't serve two masters, he either obeys one or despises the other.
We have seen so many politicians, kings who started well but ended poorly.
God please help us to make the right choice.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Did Jesus compare Himself with Solomon? undecided undecided You mean Solomons raiments?
yes, He liken it.
WISDOM OF SOLOMON ; AND , BEHOLD ,
A GREATER THAN SOLOMON IS HERE ..

If Solomon had not repent, Solomon would in that case have ultimately proved to be the greatest fool in the history of Israel. Will Jesus liken His ministry as the days of Solomon?
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by dubeygol: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2020
Peter Obi is a true Christian.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2020
yembet:

Yes Solomon was a king in Israel, who admonished and served the Lord, but remember was a wise king but, some point became foolish.
Solomon went against God's will of marrying foreign wives from among the ungodly and he allowed the wives to bring their idols to his kingdom
A man can't serve two masters, he either obeys one or despises the other.
We have seen so many politicians, kings who started well but ended poorly.
God bless help us to make the right choice.
you are right. But he repented.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
yes, He liken it.
WISDOM OF SOLOMON ; AND , BEHOLD ,
A GREATER THAN SOLOMON IS HERE ..
There is no question that Solomon was the wisest man of his time, and yes the queen of sheba did come from far to hear from him as a result. That he, Solomon sinned, does not remove from the fact that God gave him wisdom beyond all others of his time. There is no record of God taking that away from him. Neither did God take his kingship from him, even after he sinned.
malvisguy212:

If Solomon had not repent, Solomon would in that case have ultimately proved to be the greatest fool in the history of Israel. Will Jesus liken His ministry as the days of Solomon?
Your expectation is that because he sinned, God would take all he had away from him but that is not what God said would happen. No, God was specific about how he would punish Solomon, and God did exactly what He said he would do because of Solomon's sins.
What you ought to ask instead is, if Solomon did in fact repent of his sins, why did God still go ahead and exact the punishment He spoke of against Solomon for his sins?
It then becomes obvious that God did not get the memo on Solomon's supposed repentance. Which explains why God went ahead with the punishment he had pronounced upon Solomon and his family for his disobedience. If Solomon had repented, God would have changed His mind, but since Solomon did not lipsrsealed.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Mawex(m): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2020
Is only in Nigeria you'll see this kind senseless and useless post.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 07, 2020
newdawn2017:
how is that so. Did Jesus Christ instruct his followers not to part of d world as him & his kingdom is no part of dis world?? When they tried to make him king by force, didn't he run away from d group of people? Did him & his followers dabble into d politics of their days didn't apostle Paul resign from such & then joined true Christians??

It's this type of mentality that keeps making Alhajis to hold power, while Pastors and Elders are shouting islamization
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 11:14am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no question that Solomon was the wisest man of his time, and yes the queen of sheba did come from far to hear from him as a result. That he, Solomon sinned, does not remove from the fact that God gave him wisdom beyond all others of his time. There is no record of God taking that away from him. Neither did God take his kingship from him, even after he sinned.
Your expectation is that because he sinned, God would take all he had away from him but that is not what God said would happen. No, God was specific about how he would punish Solomon, and God did exactly what He said he would do because of Solomon's sins.
What you ought to ask instead is, if Solomon did in fact repent of his sins, why did God still go ahead and exact the punishment He spoke of against Solomon for his sins?
It then becomes obvious that God did not get the memo on Solomon's supposed repentance. Which explains why God went ahead with the punishment he had pronounced upon Solomon and his family for his disobedience. If Solomon had repented, God would have changed His mind, but since Solomon did not lipsrsealed.
they say action speak louder than voice, if the act don by Jesus when He compare Himself with Solomon cannot convince you that Solomon repent, who am I to convince you? Thank you for your time. Have a blessed weekend.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2020
Ulomoney:
You may not attain power like that. But that's THE ONLY WAY to maintain that power.

Poor man mentality, what are you maintaining?

Once you are on the table, you are there forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.