Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? (18560 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Is It Possible To Be A True Christian Without Witnessing Christ? / No True Christian Will Marry A Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by courage9(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
A governor and a senator can be a true Christian irrespective of the positions they occupy in Nigeria once they make up their minds to remain one if and only if greed would not shield their sense of judgement, but a king, hmmnn, I doubt ooo. Due to the process and all the rites that have to be observed before installation......
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Irore:

It is possible because there is an almighty God. I will be that Christian who will be governor and president.

I believe you smiley

But remember this day when you see the tempting coffers and the lure to abuse power becomes uncontrollable.

I guess you've never really been in power at any level[not just political] that's why you are saying this.

Naturally, you ride beasts- horses, donkeys, mules, elephants, etc, But you, see, with power, it is the other way round. Power is the only beast that can ride you and ride you ragged until you have no control over yourself.

You naturally start out with good intentions but with time, you find yourself losing it little by little. It takes all the will in the world to have power firmly under control.

Trust me man, it's hard. It easier said.

3 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Britxt007(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
With the rate of crime in our country
It is impossible for a true Christian to be a leader and even the People who call themselves true Christian that are leading in top offices are even corrupt

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kingininge(m): 9:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS

YES and an excellent example of a Governor who is a true Christian is
Engr Dave Umahi......the Governor of Ebonyi State

N/B......I am not an Igbo man

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by lereinter(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2020
No nigerian politician can be a true Christian

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS

YES!
you guys need to understand what Christianity is all about.
Look at biblical examples of those who were men of God eg David, Samuel, Jehoshaphat and several others and still occupied leadership positions even under the dispensation of law. How much more under the grace dispensation. Of course they can and it is in fact the will of God for men of God to occupy position of authority so they can do the mind of God concerning His children ( we the citizens).

Hope you got that.

2 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by seunak2016: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2020
@op capital NO ,it's not possible. vice president as examples must have seen something as a Christian but he will rather keep shut because he still want his job. Though he don't have constitution power to change some things due to his position but the truth is he must have seen something that if he can't change, he's suppose to resign but hell NO ,that position dey sweet him

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by tonymania(m): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2020
Good day, I have a very typical example that I still find it difficult to believe that is a true Christian. Is a king in a town called Ayetoro Ekiti. 75% of the town is against him for not participating in there beliefs except Jesus he ascribe glory, honour to. You can do your findings concerning the king. He has destroyed many high places in the town and preaching gospel all over Ekiti. I still believe there are more people like him in our society. Another case study is king of irun akoko in ondo state. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by johnnychuks(m): 9:27am On Jun 07, 2020
If they are true Christian like you ask that's means the crime rate will reduce statically.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:

IN NIGERIA

NEVER
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2020
tonymania:
Good day, I have a very typical example that I still find it difficult to believe that is a true Christian. Is a king in a town called Ayetoro Ekiti. 75% of the town is against him for not participating in there beliefs except Jesus he ascribe glory, honour to. You can do your findings concerning the king. He has destroyed many high places in the town and preaching gospel all over Ekiti. I still believe there are more people like him in our society. Another case study is king of irun akoko in ondo state. Thanks
Um.. where in the Bible does Christ send His own out to "destroy" these high places?
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

Chances are very slim in Nigeria

Olosho grin

Obviously, you have a slim chance

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 9:29am On Jun 07, 2020
Stillthebest:

How can you cite Solomon?? He detailed so much. He even killed a man just because he loves his wife.

We can't use Solomon! We can use David because he knew how to bribe(praise) God. And obviously has favs, as in the case of David and Solomon. But if we still juxtapose things, Solomon could still go better because for all his riches, there was no evidence of acquiring them in shady ways.
have you read the song of Solomon? Solomon is even among the Author of psalm. Solomon hands is without blood that why God allows him to build the temple.

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by oyeb15: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2020
Can someone that pass through d process of 'je eniyan'' in order to 'je eniyan ' be a true Christian?
They have lost conscience cos they have so much blood on their head and hands.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by ksstroud: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2020
DammyLucy:
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR SEUN AND OTHER MODS

If this was a topic related to Islam, ppl would be required to make a declaration that allah is the greatest on the profile page.

So anybody can comment on a christian topic but not on an islamic topic, we can't even felicitate with them..

An explaination is needed

Thousands of people have asked this question before you, for past many years and no explanation was gotten.
Before you know it, they might ban you. Just go peaceful around NL, pick what's useful to you,drop what's useful to people and thrash all others irrelevances.
Selah.

2 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Stillthebest: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
have you read the song of Solomon? Solomon is even among the Author of psalm. Solomon hands is without blood that why God allows him to build the temple.

That is why I said 'fav'
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by dapadawee: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
why not we have Kings who are good Christians but that Nigeria that you put Sha I really don't understand but we have good Christians In power around the world but very few in Nigeria. but that Senate I doubt sha

2 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by SeniorGee(m): 9:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Absolutely very possible...
My late Pastor was the King in his community before he passed on. When he was approached he gave them the condition that he would rule with the Bible as he was already a pastor then. They agreed and he did rule them. He ruled for 18 yrs and pastored 40yrs before his transition.

3 Likes

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by AdaGod1(f): 9:37am On Jun 07, 2020
in Nigeria capital NO
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by richieray: 9:39am On Jun 07, 2020
Yes,the late olu of warri,HRM,Atuwatse was one.He built a church and attracted many to the palace before his demise.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by hardizzle: 9:39am On Jun 07, 2020
No... we declare them muslim
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by AsawanaDgreat: 9:42am On Jun 07, 2020
Sure they will but it will be 2 percent of 100

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by miniziter(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
There are many good kings in the Bible, are kings and president not human? As a Good Christian king or president, power and money cannot override you.

Solomon had a wonderful knowledge of the Scriptures and a high view of God, as can be seen by his prayer of dedication found in 1 Kings chapter 8.
Even with those 1000 women?
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kobojunkie: 9:44am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
Solomon had 1000 women in his life and his wives led him astray. He worshipped various idols and goddesses as a result, abandoning God.

1 Kings 11 vs 1-6 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. King Solomon loved many foreign women, including the daughter of Pharaoh and women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon, and the Hittites.
2. In the past the Lord had said to the Israelites, “You must not marry people from other nations. If you do, they will cause you to follow their gods.” But Solomon fell in love with these women.
3. He had 700 wives who were the daughters of leaders from other nations. He also had 300 slave women who were like wives to him. His wives caused him to turn away from God.
4. When Solomon was old, his wives caused him to follow other gods, so he did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.
5. Solomon worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon, and Milcom, the horrible god of the Ammonites.
6. So Solomon did what the Lord said was wrong. He did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.
Solomon built places of worship for each of the gods on mountains next to jerusalem, the place where the temple of God had been built by Solomon

1 Kings 11 vs 7- 10 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. On the mountain next to Jerusalem, Solomon built a place for worshiping Chemosh, that horrible idol of the Moabites. On the same mountain, Solomon built a place for worshiping Molech, that horrible idol of the Ammonites.
8. Solomon did the same thing for all of his other foreign wives who burned incense and gave sacrifices to their gods.
9. So Solomon did not remain faithful to the Lord, the God of Israel, even though God had appeared to him twice. The Lord became angry with him.
10. He had told Solomon that he must not follow other gods, but Solomon did not obey the Lord’s command.
God called Solomon out for what He had done, so God punished him and his sons.

1 Kings 11 vs 11-13 (ERV)
11. So the Lord said to Solomon, “You have chosen to break your agreement with me. You have not obeyed my commands. So I promise that I will tear your kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants.
12. But I loved your father David, so I will not take your kingdom away from you while you are alive. I will wait until your son becomes king. Then I will take it from him.
13. Still, I will not tear away all the kingdom from your son. I will leave him one tribe to rule. I will do this for my servant David and for Jerusalem, the city I chose.”

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Omesbrit(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2020
Is possibe but not easy, leaders steps on lot toes to succeed. Howeover is God that justifies, just follow his leading.The movie the kingdom of heaven is a clasic example.

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by MCIU1: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Am not sure , i was told by Julius Dein Girlfriend that such thing cannot work
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Corporate2020: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Zchi1052:
A big NO
Take Osibanjo for instance
He's has been silent on what matters most in the country simply because of political interest
He's covering lies and evil act of the demon party "APC"

Yes, Osinbajo ought to have gone to Sambisa Forest to fight and kill Book Haram using his Bible. He ought to have also gone unto the bush to kill all the evil Fulani herdsmen using Holy Water and Anointing Oil.

But, I think you are a Christian and your father too is, also your Church members. Call your father, your Pastor and your Church members and go and confront Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Yes but very rare.

1 Like

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by iramure(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Even Nigeria pastors, bishop, evangelist, prophets etc can never make any heaven
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by BERNIMOORE: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
There are many good kings in the Bible, are kings and president not human? As a Good Christian king or president, power and money cannot override you.

Solomon had a wonderful knowledge of the Scriptures and a high view of God, as can be seen by his prayer of dedication found in 1 Kings chapter 8.
Solomon later leave True God and became idols worshipers his end was not good... Do you read that part too ...don't cherypick what suit you...
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Sammiesparkly(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2020
It doesn't seem possible in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 / Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.