Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? (18544 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Is It Possible To Be A True Christian Without Witnessing Christ? / No True Christian Will Marry A Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Ezmans: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ezmans:
Any Christian that is into polititics is an enemy of God
bcs God hates a liar
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by ebenhazard(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shut up

farem:

Learn to consult dictionary before you use any word
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by ejimatic: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS
No
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by mutahmakinta: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
This question is as d**mb as it can come that’s how you deceive Christian not to go for political offices. Remember king David (the man next to God heart) is he a commoner? And he once killed someone out of selfishness and God still rate him that high(he ask for forgiveness)
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ezmans:
Any Christian that is into polititics is an enemy of God
that politics has done more harm than good doesn't mean it is bad, it is the people that corrupted it.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
DammyLucy:
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR SEUN AND OTHER MODS

If this was a topic related to Islam, ppl would be required to make a declaration that allah is the greatest on their profile page.

So anybody can comment on a christian topic but not on an islamic topic, we can't even felicitate with them..

An explaination is needed
it will fall on deaf ears. It's not today we started saying it.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by malvisguy212: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
miketayo:

God chose David too
yes, but not building the temple.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Okiibe(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
A Christian king, Governor, Senator... Or even, a Christian President is possible and will make the best of public servant ever on record.

I mean, considering the qualities of a Christian who is Christian indeed. That person will make an EXAMPLARY public officer.

So, YES!
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Charly68: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Go and ask Nehamiah whether he was not a Governor when he pleased God ..Whoever messes up because of filthy lucre chose to do at the detriment of his own eternity ..
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Ugohenryugo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Yes! And i know one. A serving senator from Taraba State. His name is senator emmanuel Bwacha. He is not just a born again, but a Holy Born again child of God. Anyone that doubts this, Should do some research about him .
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Stillthebest:

How can you cite Solomon?? He detailed so much. He even killed a man just because he loves his wife.

We can't use Solomon! We can use David because he knew how to bribe(praise) God. And obviously has favs, as in the case of David and Solomon. But if we still juxtapose things, Solomon could still go better because for all his riches, there was no evidence of acquiring them in shady ways.
was it Solomon that killed a man because of his wife? Read your Bible well before making unguided utterances. David killed Uriah to marry his wife Bathsheba.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by BankyGee(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
DammyLucy:

If this was a topic related to Islam, ppl would be required to make a declaration that allah is the greatest on their profile page.

So anybody can comment on a christian topic but not on an islamic topic, we can't even felicitate with them..

Ahswear! I am also surprised. Explanations are needed angry
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Kingstanding: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
malvisguy212:
There are many good kings in the Bible, are kings and president not human? As a Good Christian king or president, power and money cannot override you.

Solomon had a wonderful knowledge of the Scriptures and a high view of God, as can be seen by his prayer of dedication found in 1 Kings chapter 8.
. Why are you using King Solomon as an example? Did King Solomon performed any ritual before he was crown as a king? Tell me any king in Yoruba land as a case study who will become king without ritual? Can you tell me any Christian who is a politician who is not going to steal or lie? Without grace of God nobody will ever near the gate of heaven talkless of entering the heaven. What matter most is whatever you wish to your neighbor let it be your portion.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by BERNIMOORE: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Goalnaldo:
it will fall on deaf ears. It's not today we started saying it.
I have noticed that too... Its like Nairaland has been taken over from seun
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by redsun(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
adamadwealthy:

That's an injustice from the moderators of Nairaland who have a preference for Islam over Christianity. And some Christians on Nairaland don't even care. Seun and Nairaland are biased.

Islam is still at a very primitive stage, unreformed and unreceptive. The original propagators of Christianity have moved on yo the jet age and they have learnt it is all farce, apart from a few diiikheads like trump that are using to whip up sentiments among the poor and the 21st western century blind.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by bagirajoseph(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
ONLY GOD KNOWS
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by membranus: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
DammyLucy:

So this is true for everybody on the platform?

Why this religious discrimination?
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by NofiuFade(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
You can't be a Christian and still be a politician or even hold on to any worldly title it's not possible!! We are very good in deceiving ourselves in fact the way things are going you can't be a Christian and hold on to certain big positions in some offices and work place in Nigeria, it not just possible but Nigerian we are very good in deceiving ourselves, and what many didn't understand is you can't deceive God, Bible said it, there's no middle ground in following Jesus either you are with him or you are against him let us all learn to read Bible for ourselves.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by adenigga(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:
Do you believe any of them can be a true christian and also can a christian attain such position? Using Nigeria as a case study....HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
NO WAYYYY..... YOU MUST BELONG....That's why bible says that ye shall not drink the lords cup and that of the devil. 1st Corinthians 10:21
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Emusan(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not playing "guess what happened" with you.

Go back to your Bible and read the book of 1 Kings Chapters 11, 12, and 13. Then come back and tell us that God goofed since God is the one who punished Solomon and his sons for the sins which you pretend that Solomon repented of. In fact, don't tell me -- Tell God that Solomon repented!

I have read them and I didn't see where it was written that Solomon died as a sinner or refuse to acknowledge his short comes.

The book of Ecclesiastes is there for you to know more about what the writer of 1 king 11:41 referred to which Solomon wrote toward the end of his life.

Nobody says Solomon wasn't punished for his sin but the point is, he didn't die into those sins based on the evidence we read about him in his last book.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Akolawole(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Zchi1052:
A big NO
Take Osibanjo for instance
He's has been silent on what matters most in the country simply because of political interest
He's covering lies and evil act of the demon party "APC"

A true Christian can be in any of those three if he can operate in that environment.

Osinbajo can only do what he can do withing his own space.

Till tomorrow, we have fantastic policemen yet the the organisation appears filthy in the eyes of ALL.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Ayt27(m): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The story of his life is not told in the book of Ecclesiastes which he wrote. Ecclesiastes is not Solomon's autobiography, so let's not make it what it is isn't.
it is instead told in the book of Kings and the book of Chronicles. In the book of 1 Kings 11, 12, and so on, you read of what he did and how God exerted the punishment for his sins on his sons, stripping them of kingship, after Solomon's death.

Okay Chief
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Akolawole(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Oba Akinyele of Ibadan stand tall as a Chrisian King in the whole world. During his reign, no traditional rubbish right from coronation day. He made his staff of office by himself with cross embossed on it. He was a strong leader in Nigeria's first proper penticostal Church in those days.

Everything he dies has to be in line with the gospel.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by saraki2019(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
no christain will make heaven
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
redsun:

Islam is still at a very primitive stage, unreformed and unreceptive. The original propagators of Christianity have moved on yo the jet age and they have learnt it is all farce, apart from a few diiikheads like trump that are using to whip up sentiments among the poor and the 21st western century blind.

You should have not commented.
Anyway you're entitled to your atheistic opinions.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by HDT13(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kingseex1:

Even they do, they don't need to prove it to any1, we go all meet for judgement hall

Op you can be an example and prove to the world, unless you're asking just to judge them!
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by lenxcollins1327(m): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
any member of LECAN should contact me
for an upcoming building project i am looking for one on behalf of my client.
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by wanger50(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't think so.Earthly kingdoms are parallel authorities established by Satan upon his casting unto the earth.Remember he promised to hand them over unto Christ on the mountain during the temptation. If they didn't belong to him,he wouldn't be promising Christ it's control. The implication is you can't be in control of those kingdoms on earth while claiming to be a true Christian.Keep in mind those kingdoms are to be destroyed by Christ upon his return to earth
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by Proudlytips: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
No
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by wanger50(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Akolawole:
Oba Akinyele of Ibadan stand tall as a Chrisian King in the whole world. During his reign, no traditional rubbish right from coronation day. He made his staff of office by himself with cross embossed on it. He was a strong leader in Nigeria's first proper penticostal Church in those days.

Everything he dies has to be in line with the gospel.
The Bible tells us Lucifer himself will show himself as an angel of light in the Church. Most Christian leader you see today are not of Christ originally. As it is said in the scriptures "not all called by name are of me"..... so don't be fooled by such moves
Re: Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? by jcross19: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
EastGold:
Very possible!

Some of us do not attain or maintain power by dipping hands into evil.
that's not in Nigeria, our system is corrupt and demonized...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week / ‘How Catholic Church Handled Vote Buying In 1979’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.