Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government (31925 Views)

The Return Of Fuel Subsidy By Reuben Abati / Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law / 'It’s Unfair To Compare Obasanjo’s Government With Buhari’s' - Olujonwo Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by spirul77: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

NO one supports corruption.. ND no one fought corruption more than the abused PDP... Edo state, bayelsa, delta state, plateau state ND a lot of biznessmen like nwude, ade bendel, Fred ajuwah.. Etc ND lots more were arraigned ND convicted by ur so called very corrupt ppl... Orji uzo Kalu was pinned down but released by ur blessed party.. Yes, dey didn't fight them all.. But the intent was huge as two anti corruption agencies were set upp which nigeria depends upon till now.

I repeat coja was a success... Only u guyz know wot was stolen from it... Du u know evn if ur sent from God to lead Nigerians ND ur genuine abt it.... Dey will still say ur a thief..? It's I. The blood of followers to reason that way.

Du u know d difficulty in purchase ND installation ND operating a turbine plant..? Plz Google ND ask the cost of a plant.. Giant size, den multiply by 13. Remember cost of installation ND maintainable they were all in the contract. Cost of more than 100,000 transformers obj bought... Du u know that in 2007 wen obj left anti obj politicians like u.. Gains power to national assembly ND fiercely investigated the power sector under him..? That's was where the 16billion quotation came from... And guess waht dey came out with... A sorry for false accusations!. Plz follow things from. Logical conclusion ND stop statement based on hear say........ Also take ur time to know y power can't b fixed in naija.. Cuz I know it can't... Dont b too hasty to blame cuz it's easy to do so

Leme ask u a simple question. Do u sincerely believe that all ASUU struggles with the govt is for a good course for the students betterment..?
If no, thenis ASUU not strong enough as we hv seen to bend govt to do their bidding..? Do u know that ASUU forced govt to mk break their standard of 65years retirement age for civil servant to exempt lectures who ASUU argued ND won that theirs b raised to 70years...now is that one a good tin too..? Does it mean you d aspiring lecturers will die looking for work..? Ow is ASUU govt..?

You see its very easy to criticize.. U support oshiomole whom obj sat down to explain numerous times how nigeria will benefit from privatization of the upstream oil sector.. ND he was against it. Deceiving the masses with cheap fuel ND gaining fame for foolishness ND instead of u to b angry at him. Now that u realised.. U continue to hold to ur blind argument.....

Well, we all went to skl.. But all of us use our mind.. U can go ahead and conti ue to believe everyone in leadership is abt stealing till one day u get into a position of leadership urself.. Not necessarily in politics.. Den u will know how it feels doing ur best ND being called a thief.....

Iweala, soludo, el_rufai, ribadu, ezekwesili, adesina, Owen ramson, OBJ, berth. Nnaji, Jonathan, Dora etc are all tigers in the duties to uplift Nigeria in all sincerity... Sit there ND continue to allow ur new found love of a deceitful party fool u... It's allfor the detriment of our children.......
let me make it clear to you, I've never and will never support APC and same I never did PDP because they are all part and parcel of the problem of Nigeria, but it's baffling how hard you are trying to package and defend the indefensible curropt PDP govt, if not chronic curroption how come the 13 turbines and thousands of transformers didn't produce a single megawatt of electricity but total darkness or do you still want to argue the light situation in Nigeria was better in 2007 than obasanjo met it in 1999?
I support professors retiring at 70, not just any lecturer but professors, the question is, where else in the world have you heard a president and VP granting themselves licenses to build private universities when the nations universities are on strike after purposely dismantling their nations tertiary education system? Even the duartete's, the indi amins, the Gaddafis of this world weren't so wicked and greedy.
Isn't it gross incompetence and curroption that can make a nation not experience a 0000.001 percent improvement in Electricity after 13 turbines and thousands of transformers? If not incompetence, tell me what it is. Have you ever wondered how smaller nations like Benin Republic, Ghana etc can have 24 hours uninterrupted power supply and you are here defending our govt that being in leadership position isn't an easy job?
I'm surprised it's only you that doesn't kNow efcc was just a toothless bulldog created by obj to fight those against his ambitions and enemies, it would be bias of you to rate efcc higher during obasanjo than buhari govt, if you argue, I admonish you to list the number of convictions they had during obj and I will list what they've done during buhair, figures don't lie.
It's shameful you can be deceived by this politicians, the simple thing I need to ask you is, if oshiomhole could stop them from removing subsidy why didn't and why couldn't the same oshiomhole stopped them from increasing petrol prices as many times as they did during their tenure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
please,guys how much do we need to repair our refineries?
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Blackmann001: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
leokid866:

First because if the lock down I've been stuck to the news channels, through yesterday I didn't come across such on TVC or Channels, and I also read punch yesterday and didn't come across this, if you have the link please forward, second in a time like this building hospitals in his state is something to clap about as our health sector is currently strained. P.s other states have been building new and modifying their hospitals due to our current situation. Secondly have you seen our Healthcare budget? It's about 44 billion Naira, granted due to budget review it might come down and its still lower than defence but thats still a lot of money so what do you want from him again?

OK.. I get u.. But the yestaday news in on social media for now.. (they are faster than the mainstream) it will later reach the normal mediums

Building hospital by a state is different from by the federal government.. Now that's what I mean.... No national plan for Healthcare aside payment of wages. OBJ injected 2billion naira each ND personally Tru comminioning saw to the technical upliftment of naija's last hope medical facilities( the teach g hospitals) of all the first generation teaching hospitals... But never got to the 2nd or 3rd generation hospitals....... Evn Jonathan failed in that aspect......

There is no way health budget would b larger than defence when we are faced with terrorism.. My take is that bubu project are usually not impactful
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

All were purchased on a contract of sell, install ND maintain for two years.. Which is a very huge cost... But we paid....

Now the p is that obj installed only four B4 his te ure finished.. Yar'adua was severely pushed ND accused of doing obj bids by tinubu ND Co.. He felt the pressure.. ND mny anti obj politicians from other party gain entry into the national assembly ND instituted a prob of the sector.. It took dem one year to finish the probe by which time the contract for I stalkatiin ND manintainace expired... They continue to b at the port Har o court port ND rotted away....

Even whe. He was being probed.. Obj beeged them to hasten the Installation ND operation of these turbine.. UT dey were bent on probe B4 nu budget for operations in that sector will b approved by Nass..... That was the end of the turbine....
I remember that, I also remember fashola going to the port and clearing them out along with other power equipment. However thanks to the privatization of the power sector initiated by our brother jona it's been hard to get the gencos and discos to do their job properly because someone failed to read the fine print in the contracts. I know this government is work on restructuring the agreement but let me not lie we are still years away from untangling the mess that is our power sector.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

OK.. I get u.. But the yestaday news in on social media for now.. (they are faster than the mainstream) it will later reach the normal mediums

Building hospital by a state is different from by the federal government.. Now that's what I mean.... No national plan for Healthcare aside payment of wages. OBJ injected 2billion naira each ND personally Tru comminioning saw to the technical upliftment of naija's last hope medical facilities( the teach g hospitals) of all the first generation teaching hospitals... But never got to the 2nd or 3rd generation hospitals....... Evn Jonathan failed in that aspect......

There is no way health budget would b larger than defence when we are faced with terrorism.. My take is that bubu project are usually not impactful
Well let's see as it goes.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Joemetry(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
e-LIBRARY e-BOOKSHELF

What ebook on earth about politics do you want?
Just name it and we deliver it to your inbox in minutes!
All books on PDF and EPUB format, just contact me through the details below;
WhatsApp: 0818 410 8032
E-mail: electronicbullion150@gmail.com

WE ARE NOT LIMITED TO ONLY POLITICS:

ACADEMIC BOOKS (ALL COURSES)
ROMANCE/LOVE
CIVIL WARS
COMEDY
SEXTALES
MOTIVATION
RELIGIOUS
POETRY
MUSIC
BUSINESS/INVESTMENT
ETC...
WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!

Books cost close to nothing.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Blackmann001: 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
leokid866:

I remember that, I also remember fashola going to the port and clearing them out along with other power equipment. However thanks to the privatization of the power sector initiated by our brother jona it's been hard to get the gencos and discos to do their job properly because someone failed to read the fine print in the contracts. I know this government is work on restructuring the agreement but let me not lie we are still years away from untangling the mess that is our power sector.

Wes simply cannot fix it.. Naija is producing more power now than we currently use... But the gencos can't see buyers for the power cos the marketers can't pay for much be ause the people are too poor to pay for the electricity they cry dey need.. E cause they are too poor....

Now u see where the p is..? We can never hv good light supply cuz of poverty

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by BigIyanga: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:
PDP was in power for 16 years and all through, it was Oshiomole that prevented them from removing subsidy even though Oshiomhole left NLC since 2006.

Oshiomhole was able to stop them from removing subsidy but was unable to stop them from looting COJA funds, Nitel/Pentascope deal, bankrupting Nigeria airways, selling Delta steel company valued at over $3b to cronies at around $180million, spending $16billion on power without anything to show for it, Malabu, Halliburton, I-gate, siemen, Dasuki-gate scandals etc.

The shamelessness of Atiku and those supporting him is really appalling. These guys think Nigerians are stupid, right?
This is stale..Same PDP allowed free and fair election to take place without godfatherism. Same PDP gave Oshiomole N500m to run his campaign. Same PDP gave u MTN, Glo, Air? Same PDP inherited empty treasury from Abacha and his cronies like GMB.. and grew it from 2bn to $45bn. Same PDP increased minimum wage from 2000 to 18000- 900% increament. Same PDP established DMO, EFCC, ICPC, NAFDAC... tell us what your govt has done.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

Wes simply cannot fix it.. Naija is producing more power now than we currently use... But the gencos can't see buyers for the power cos the marketers can't pay for much be ause the people are too poor to pay for the electricity they cry dey need.. E cause they are too poor....

Now u see where the p is..? We can never hv good light supply cuz of poverty
We can and we will I see a change in the near future. Remember nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it and I have seen this government put their mind to it.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
please,guys how much do we need to repair our refineries?
A lot.....but don't worry about it that my have recently been handed over to a private company for repair maintainance and running with the government acting as oversight and the private body earning their keep on commission basis, but as to when the contract would take full effect that is yet to be known..... I believe this was done as quick fire move to make sure that the government doesn't lose out now that dangotes refinery is coming online this year.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Blackmann001: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
leokid866:

We can and we will I see a change in the near future. Remember nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it and I have seen this government put their mind to it.

The government is not sincere ND focus.... I hv seen better ones who take the bull by the horn...... Someone forced all Nigerians to hv a bvn just to achieve a data unity purpose.....

This government like u serious things like building 4th ND 5th airport terminal in a less. Usy airport instead of hospitals... Dualizing a very good two lane road instead of at leat better raod in interior. Igeria to save lives..........

The paid ppl 30k I stead of tryinv to mk dem hv work.. Paying ppl 10k for trader money dt can't last past a day... Only social investment I deem fit if the FG family support scheme for poor families....

The govt. Don't like serious things..
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by grandstar(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

Brother u are very wrong... Oshiomole was very well educated by Iweala on a one on one meeting with stakeholders of labor.. On the importance of privatization of oil sector for the country ND evn promised them palliative for the ppl to ease the impending hardship...

They set up the palliatives.. Which is wot u constantly see those that.. Buses whose written... " federal urban mass transit" Buses. Those. Buses where sold to drivers at subsidized rate hence their t-fare is quite cheaper.......... At oshodi those days crowd's of ppl wait for it arrival to journey Tru to mile 2 at cheaper rates....... Oshiomole was highly deceitful....
I hated him since 2003 wen I understood economy ND how its supposed to b runned

Oshiomole like many leftists has a very poor understanding of economics.

When he became governor, he lamented that what he had to manage the state on was quite small and what was shocking was that even that little available was squandered through corruption by politicians. Trust me, his understanding was shallow.

Those palliative are trash. I have never supported them. They are simply to put wool over people's eyes. Bset palliative arfe sound economic polices. Why not reduce import duties on rice for instance? It is not only the right thing to do, it will also make food cheaper. It will be a win/win for government and the masses.

The money spend on palliative can be saved to make the government's fiscal position stronger. That has always been one of the reasons for removal of the subsidy.. Why now spend the savings?
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
BigIyanga:

This is stale..Same PDP allowed free and fair election to take place without godfatherism. Same PDP gave Oshiomole N500m to run his campaign. Same PDP gave u MTN, Glo, Air? Same PDP inherited empty treasury from Abacha and his cronies like GMB.. and grew it from 2bn to $45bn. Same PDP increased minimum wage from 2000 to 18000- 900% increament. Same PDP established DMO, EFCC, ICPC, NAFDAC... tell us what your govt has done.
Same pdp gave us Diezani and her cronies, same pdp fired soludo because he dared to ask what happened to 20billion dollars, same pdp was collecting 100 dollars per barrel for oil and still left the treasury empty, same pdp created nddc that has never been clean for a day in its life, same pdp suffered local governments for three years, same pdp got itself involved in the Malibu scam and was asking for 1billion naira as transport fare if it's to be questioned by the senate....Same pdp

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Blackmann001: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
grandstar:

Oshiomole like many leftists has a very poor understanding of economics.

When he became governor, he lamented that what he had to manage the state on was quite small and what was shocking was that even that little available was squandered through corruption by politicians. Trust me, his understanding was shallow.

Those palliative are trash. I have never supported them. They are simply to put wool over people's eyes. Bset palliative arfe sound economic polices. Why not reduce import duties on rice for instance? It is not only the right thing to do, it will also make food cheaper. It will be a win/win for government and the masses.

The money spend on palliative can be saved to make the government's fiscal position stronger. That has always been one of the reasons for removal of the subsidy.. Why now spend the savings?

NO.. Let's leave the other economics application for another day.. U may not understand them Dat deep if u dnt study the subject course....

But palliative are very okay for countries in implementation of harsh but good econo. Ic policies... The "federal assisted urban mass transit was OK then Sha"
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Meritocracy: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Is Oshiomole more powerful than Obasanjo and Atiku, these useless leader should shut up. Did Oshiomole also frustrated efforts in fixing refineries, health, education and power sectors.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Afolabimills(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:
PDP was in power for 16 years and all through, it was Oshiomole that prevented them from removing subsidy even though Oshiomhole left NLC since 2006.

Oshiomhole was able to stop them from removing subsidy but was unable to stop them from looting COJA funds, Nitel/Pentascope deal, bankrupting Nigeria airways, selling Delta steel company valued at over $3b to cronies at around $180million, spending $16billion on power without anything to show for it, Malabu, Halliburton, I-gate, siemen, Dasuki-gate scandals etc.

The shamelessness of Atiku and those supporting him is really appalling. These guys think Nigerians are stupid, right?
oga we no fear u make u face the topic
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Euegene100001: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nobody is supporting Atiku and Oshiomhole we all know they don’t mean well for Nigeria.
seunmsg:

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by NairaMaster1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:

Oga have forgotten occupied Nigeria so fast?

APC and her supporters are terrible.

You have forgotten? Terrible
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by seunmsg(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Oga have forgotten occupied Nigeria so fast?

APC and her supporters are terrible.

You have forgotten? Terrible

Was Oshomole part of the occupy Nigeria protest?

The 2012 occupy Nigeria protest was organized by people like FFK, Yinka Odumakin, Tunde Bakare, Joe Okei-Odumakin etc.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Hangulsaram: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Karlifate:
When NLC still hold FG by their balls.
Now, they're vegetables.
No...when we have government that has little feelings for the masses.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Proudlytips: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Was he the president
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Baawaa(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
jojofola:
All of you are one and the same.
Save us the history.

The way past Leaders are now buying citizenship of other countries.
And we are still deliberating over these ones.
I pray it is not too late before our greedy representatives step into this issue.
Nobody even knows the whereabouts of Ambode.

Oh Nigeria, everyday living as a youth under your identity is tough on my existence! embarassed
Ambode is in France
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by BigIyanga: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
leokid866:

Same pdp gave us Diezani and her cronies, same pdp fired soludo because he dared to ask what happened to 20billion dollars, same pdp was collecting 100 dollars per barrel for oil and still left the treasury empty, same pdp created nddc that has never been clean for a day in its life, same pdp suffered local governments for three years, same pdp got itself involved in the Malibu scam and was asking for 1billion naira as transport fare if it's to be questioned by the senate....Same pdp
List ur achievements.. your APC has been in govt for 6yrs and 80% if its members and ministers came from PDP.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Typist...quick to type.

Buhari has increased debt over 100% yet nothing to show for it.

Same people who camped at Ojota to Save Themselves not Nigeria.

And is building a scam hospital in Daura for N21bn.

Face front

seunmsg:

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Okoroawusa: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Chai!...I am late to this party.

Thanks to my brother seunmsg. You are holding up well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Pinkybush: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Where is Oshio baba's imported wife
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by emezuo17: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:

. My guy, the story says Obasanjo's government which ended a year after oshiomole left the office of labour president, he didn't talk about Yar adua and Jonathan, so now go back and Edith your write up.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by leokid866: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
BigIyanga:

List ur achievements.. your APC has been in govt for 6yrs and 80% if its members and ministers came from PDP.
Locking up the borders and doubling custom revenue, creating a stronger demand for local products, ensuring the financial monotony of the legislation and judiciary, rail work, road work that took pdp 16 years with no progress is 50% done, stabilizing the economy despite facing a recession.
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
seunmsg:

So your senses hasn't been restored! Obasanjo /atiku did 8 dull boy!
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by olmoRoc: 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Oshiomole is crooked and one of the evils of this country, right from during the Military regime till this current Democratic dispensation. He is a 2 faced lying demon. It took so long for people to figure that out.

angry

Well said. That ugly bald headed illiterate is stupendously crooked!
Re: Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2020
what concerns NLC chairman with fuel subsidy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Those Who Joined Akpabio To Defect To APC / Peter Obi Visits Fr. Mbaka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.