Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help (60695 Views)

Help: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by KEMISTR3(f): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help

Do you observe that everyone around us is sucking of malaria turn by turn?

This same thing happen to me last month, I was sick of malaria for 2 days, the next thing I observed was that I cant perceive smell, odour, I can't feel taste.

But I am fine now, I can perceive smell, odour and taste. You will be fine after 2weeks.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by cbrezy(m): 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Yes, I just did, my sugar is high, that's the cause, drugs has been issued to me

Thanks

For the past five days now I've been unable to perceive smell too and I've not even done anything about it, I saw many also complaining about it on several groups on Facebook too, may God help us all.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by cbrezy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
elmaz:
Same with me for the past 3 weeks but I got back my taste last week and smell coming up once in a while... One old fruit seller said gave me some mixtures and since then I got my taste n smell she said it's gonna take some time but it will come..

mine for 5days now and I've done nothing about it also my sister is complaining of it and she's not in same state with me, I'll definitely go to the pharmacy store tomorrow.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by cbrezy(m): 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Update:
That's not Corona,

It's a type of malaria spreading around now, stop taking cold water, always stay in a hot place and buy alot of anti malaria drugs. I promise you before a week you'll get your taste back. Happened to me and 7 of my friends we got scared and thought we gonna die but the chemist assured us it's minor.

wow I have it too for the past 5days and before it started I felt a little feverish and I've not even done anything about it tomorrow I'll definitely go to the pharmacy store.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by o9o9: 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I will not insult you, but when next you are quoting someone be diplomatic about it, I had only catarh before I couldn't perceive or taste and my sense of tasting came back aftwards
and my girl contracted the catarh from me, no other symptoms thats suggest it's covid 19,

I was fine but couldn't smell nor taste, the fact is when someone has catarh it is often common you cant smell nor taste but phobia of covid 19 will keep you unrest as it has been correlated to having the virus. Since the virus broke out, having headache or common cold and fever will keep u up at night, thinking it's covid 19, but those are normal sickness we experience even before now.

If you said loss of taste alone i would agree it might be just some random illness. But to have both at the same time and for two weeks is a big deal. If you said 3 days i could assume it was common cold or any other basic respiratory tract infection. Just don't assume it is Malaria. Self isolate and take precautions.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by cbrezy(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ogharaboy:
Mine started with fever with high temperature after two days I lost my taste and smell. After 5days I have my taste and smell back but my fiancee has same symptoms now.

mine is like 5days now and I'm still not able to sense smell sad
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by cbrezy(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kanmagram:
It Is nothing dear. I had that symptom last 3 weeks.
It is just flu. Just take mixergrip tablet 2x3 daily for 4 days.
It will clear on the 3rd day
Fear not. It is not Covid-19 o
Lol.
I even wanted to call NCDC, but thank God for my courage

thanks for this I'm also suffering for it for the past 5days.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Emaprince:
Happened to me two weeks ago. I lost sense of smell and taste for almost two weeks. I had slight fever and treated typhoid and malaria..and my health felt better, but the sense of smell and taste was still lost

Right now, I am very OK. I can smell and taste everything.

I only stayed away from cold drinks

Mild symptoms of covid19.......

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

A mild symptom of covid19..........

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by ghiloman28(m): 11:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Isolate yourself and use ur drugs u will be fine ...
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Maafiaalady: 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

it happened to me, a med practioner recommended I chew ginger, also boil the ginger and drink as tea, stop taking cold drinks and water for now, take vitamin c and fruits, exercise and take feroglobin. Also reduce the use of face mask when not in a crowded place. I felt better after 2days.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Sorry for the feeling.
I'm not a doc but I know what's wrong with you. It's a new form of malaria that developed from a specie of Mosquito.
I can't explain further.

CURE:
Buy chloroquine up to 4 doses. That should be 36 tablets.

Take 8 daily. (4 in the morning, 4 at night)
Take it for 4 days.
Your taste and smell sense will restore.

Please don't buy the CARD chloroquine. Buy the counting ones.

Please come back to NL and share your testimony for others to learn.

#bless

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by pyro62(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

sharaaaaap!
small boy

Gbo gbo bigs girl.. All you know is car front seat
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by EzePaschal(m): 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

That's coronavirus for real but you will be fine. Just don't go near your old relatives and self isolate.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by pekisdgee(m): 12:08am On Jun 08, 2020
am feeling the same thing Help
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by naijaman2225(m): 12:13am On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:

I thank God for your life.

The shiit almost killed me during this lockdown.

I kept feeling empty from the inside, would eat, and still feel as if I am starving. Lost all sense of smell and taste. Whatever the smell and taste of water I got would make me go nauseous. Stooling seized for over 10 days. Was killing myself with all sorts of fruits to ease my stooling.

I frigging almost died by the time my wife got me to the Hospital.

The first hospital had rejected me due to my labored breathing for fear of COVID 19.

When the last hospital finally accepted to take me in after what seemed like an eternity of monitoring me outside their premises for any signs of COVID and ran a test on me, my blood sugar level was tipping already at 51.5 when a normal level should be in the 4-7 region.

The doctors were shocked and concluded that 30 minutes later than I had come in and I'd have gone into a coma and possibly death.

I did almost three weeks in the hospital and still recovering.

A very very silent killer.

Stay away from sugar and sodas guys.

Diabetes is real.

Now I have become an advocate for this cause too.

I wished I had spoken out while I was going through the same symptoms and gotten swift advice like you just did.

A health informative thread as this should be making the FP particularly at this time of a pandemic and the lockdown.

THANKS... AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RECOVERY.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Snowstorm: 12:21am On Jun 08, 2020
lastchild:

Call NCDC ASAP!
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Jun 08, 2020
@OP, you are developing a new superpower there. grin
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Originalsly: 1:49am On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:

Go test your blood sugar level, please.

Everyone reading this should do as a matter of urgency it is a silent killer.

True...... all I knew about high blood sugar is when it gets really bad is when amputations begin..... beginning with the toes.... legs up to the knees.. and what more I never cared to find out.... it was a slow killer. But then one day this guy came to my car window and asked me to call 911 because of high blood sugar and he didn't have any insulin.....said he would be standing across the sidewalk. ... was on the phone with the dispatcher for like two minutes.... then turned to tell the guy an ambulance is on its way..... the guy had collapsed.... out cold. Ambulance came.... took him away.... I wasn't sure if he was in a coma.... or if he died. That's when I realize high blood sugar is really a silent killer.

Soda drinkers.... energy drink fans..... and those who love cereals etc....snacks... look for the ingredient high fructose corn syrup... it is in a whole lot of products made in the USA.... it is a sweetener ...ordinary sugar is no match... that one is serious.... banned in Europe... banned in Canada. You are responsible for what you put into your body. Eat carefully.... or you pay the price in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by aameyah(f): 2:18am On Jun 08, 2020
newoffer:
Boil ginger n garlic as tea. This is.not.corona. Let no one.deceive u. It's a nasal blockage thing

You are the deceiver. If you keep lying to yourself about the enemy, how do you defeat it? How come this strange illness started during the pandemic?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by solonubinho(m): 2:41am On Jun 08, 2020
lastchild:
I tested negative, my sugar level is the cause
Ah ok. Say no to sugar. Thanks
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by pdata: 4:03am On Jun 08, 2020
oga what you had was covid 19 not any blood sugar shit, don't mislead people here
daddytime:

I kept feeling empty from the inside, would eat, and still feel as if I am starving. Lost all sense of smell and taste. Whatever the smell and taste of water I got would make me go nauseous. Stooling seized for over 10 days. Was killing myself with all sorts of fruits to ease my stooling.

The first hospital had rejected me due to my labored breathing for fear of COVID 19.

When the last hospital finally accepted to take me in after what seemed like an eternity of monitoring me outside their premises for any signs of COVID and ran a test on me, my blood sugar level was tipping already at 51.5 when a normal level should be in the 4-7 region.

The doctors were shocked and concluded that 30 minutes later than I had come in and I'd have gone into a coma and possibly death.

Diabetes is real.

I wished I had spoken out while I was going through the same symptoms and gotten swift advice like you just did.

A health informative thread as this should be making the FP particularly at this time of a pandemic and the lockdown.

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by newoffer: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2020
aameyah:

You are the deceiver. If you keep lying to yourself about the enemy, how do you defeat it? How come this strange illness started during the pandemic?
It takes a week or two for it to fade away. I no be chemist.... u know ur brain is structured to lies.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by daddytime(m): 6:07am On Jun 08, 2020
pdata:
oga what you had was covid 19 not any blood sugar shit, don't mislead people here

Okay sir, thanks.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by daddytime(m): 6:09am On Jun 08, 2020
naijaman2225:

THANKS... AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RECOVERY.

Amen, thanks.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by daddytime(m): 6:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Originalsly:

True...... all I knew about high blood sugar is when it gets really bad is when amputations begin..... beginning with the toes.... legs up to the knees.. and what more I never cared to find out.... it was a slow killer. But then one day this guy came to my car window and asked me to call 911 because of high blood sugar and he didn't have any insulin.....said he would be standing across the sidewalk. ... was on the phone with the dispatcher for like two minutes.... then turned to tell the guy an ambulance is on its way..... the guy had collapsed.... out cold. Ambulance came.... took him away.... I wasn't sure if he was in a coma.... or if he died. That's when I realize high blood sugar is really a silent killer.

Soda drinkers.... energy drink fans..... and those who love cereals etc....snacks... look for the ingredient high fructose corn syrup... it is in a whole lot of products made in the USA.... it is a sweetener ...ordinary sugar is no match... that one is serious.... banned in Europe... banned in Canada. You are responsible for what you put into your body. Eat carefully.... or you pay the price in the long run.

You nailed it.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Fromban(m): 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
am just getting back from mine after two weeks of no taste no smell.and it started immediately after I visited a friend that works in the hospital, I felt a little feverish but not severe
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by tomdon(m): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:

Diabetes is real.

Diabetes
Thank God for your life.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Blade21: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2020
I am having same symptoms, had a little fever went to the hospital and they gave me malaria drugs and after taking the drugs I got better but lost my sense of smell and taste. It’s been 8days now my taste is gradually returning and same with smell but it’s still difficult to smell except the smell is very hard. This thing is viral because it is affecting a lot of people in Onitsha.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by swaagish: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2020
If only you would listen, come and take these 2 supplements.
Rain soul and rain core..
Your immune system is going down down down...

You should thank me later.

Get me on FB rainwellnesslagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How To Correctly Wear A Condom: Ugandan Nurse Gives Practical Demonstration / Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Doctor Disappears After Going Outside For Fresh Air (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.