Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help (60696 Views)

Help: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by daddytime(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2020
tomdon:

Diabetes
Thank God for your life.

Thanks, bro.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by nairamaniac: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

Sorry for the feeling.
I'm not a doc but I know what's wrong with you. It's a new form of malaria that developed from a specie of Mosquito.
I can't explain further.

CURE:
Buy chloroquine up to 4 doses. That should be 36 tablets.

Take 8 daily. (4 in the morning, 4 at night)
Take it for 4 days.
Your taste and smell sense will restore.

Please don't buy the CARD chloroquine. Buy the counting ones.

Please come back to NL and share your testimony for others to learn.

#bless

36 Tablets of chloroquine?
Isnt that too much??
I was an ardent consumer of chloroquine while growing up and even till adult hood and no doctor ever recommended that much.

And it was usually at most 4(first dose) then 2(twice daily).
Balance it with panadol like 3times a day.

Another QUESTION:
What's the difference between the sachet chloroquine and the counting chloroquine?
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Acidosis(m): 7:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Blade21:
I am having same symptoms, had a little fever went to the hospital and they gave me malaria drugs and after taking the drugs I got better but lost my sense of smell and taste. It’s been 8days now my taste is gradually returning and same with smell but it’s still difficult to smell except the smell is very hard. This thing is viral because it is affecting a lot of people in Onitsha.

Hmmn.. It is well with you dear
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2020
PoliteActivist:

No necessarily. A SKorean tested negative, was discharged. Later tested positive again and died two days later

We are Nigerians wink
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by htinez: 8:17am On Jun 08, 2020
I have had this symptom for the past 7 days.

I did the COVID Test and it came out positive.

The Lab Tech confirmed that this symptom is the most common symptom out there recently and lots of people currently have it and very few are getting tested, but most who get tested are positive.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by alsam(m): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2020
I had same symptoms last week. I almost poo in my pant for fear of covid 19.

No cause for alarm. All you need is treat malaria, rest well, eat enough fruit , hydrate yourself. You will be OK
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Omar09(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Blade21:
I am having same symptoms, had a little fever went to the hospital and they gave me malaria drugs and after taking the drugs I got better but lost my sense of smell and taste. It’s been 8days now my taste is gradually returning and same with smell but it’s still difficult to smell except the smell is very hard. This thing is viral because it is affecting a lot of people in Onitsha.

I had the same symptoms too. I had what looked like malaria for 4 days straight, got well but sense of taste and smell is returning gradually. I Google it, and found out it's symptoms of Covid-19.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Perocom(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help

The WHO had recently added that as one of the symptoms of Covid19 though research is still on going on this. It happened in my house too. First it was my wife, then it disappeared after 3 or days then it was me, I quickly started blending ginger+garlic+lime+pure honey and we all okay now, taste and smell senses have all return. Shame to Covid19 it's not my portion IJN

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by myforty68: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

Sorry for the feeling.
I'm not a doc but I know what's wrong with you. It's a new form of malaria that developed from a specie of Mosquito.
I can't explain further.

CURE:
Buy chloroquine up to 4 doses. That should be 36 tablets.

Take 8 daily. (4 in the morning, 4 at night)
Take it for 4 days.
Your taste and smell sense will restore.

Please don't buy the CARD chloroquine. Buy the counting ones.

Please come back to NL and share your testimony for others to learn.

#bless
THIS WILL CAUSE CHLOROQUINE POISONING. BEWARE
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by aameyah(f): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
newoffer:
It takes a week or two for it to fade away. I no be chemist.... u know ur brain is structured to lies.

You know be chemist so why are you deceiving people? Numb skulled liar.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by sicily4u: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
I think is one of symptoms of covid19, check the list

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by ProfChris10(m): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

My friend was sick some weeks ago, same symptoms too. She is fully recovered nothing to worry about. Just eat well and stay healthy.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Danniey: 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
coloma vilus has final met up with you.
go to yaba, turn left.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by MedicBlaze(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:

I thank God for your life.

The shiit almost killed me during this lockdown.

I kept feeling empty from the inside, would eat, and still feel as if I am starving. Lost all sense of smell and taste. Whatever the smell and taste of water I got would make me go nauseous. Stooling seized for over 10 days. Was killing myself with all sorts of fruits to ease my stooling.

I frigging almost died by the time my wife got me to the Hospital.

The first hospital had rejected me due to my labored breathing for fear of COVID 19.

When the last hospital finally accepted to take me in after what seemed like an eternity of monitoring me outside their premises for any signs of COVID and ran a test on me, my blood sugar level was tipping already at 51.5 when a normal level should be in the 4-7 region.

The doctors were shocked and concluded that 30 minutes later than I had come in and I'd have gone into a coma and possibly death.

I did almost three weeks in the hospital and still recovering.

A very very silent killer.

Stay away from sugar and sodas guys.

Diabetes is real.

Now I have become an advocate for this cause too.

I wished I had spoken out while I was going through the same symptoms and gotten swift advice like you just did.

A health informative thread as this should be making the FP particularly at this time of a pandemic and the lockdown.

They'll rather move posts about snakes and ethnic/political nonsense to fp.
For more traffic and of course, more money via ads.

They know what they're doing.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Hakintoyey(m): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
SirMichael1:
These are symptoms of covid-19. These pose no threat as you're asymptomatic. Just take surplus vitamin c, fruits and ginger tea. If your health deteriorate further, please contact the NCDC but right now, you've got nothing to panic about.

Pls tell him to be wary of self medication as he is symptomatic. If he isn't careful, other symptoms might show. He should rather isolate quickly so that he doesn't complicate issues by infecting his immediate families
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Hakintoyey(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:

Go test your blood sugar level, please.

Everyone reading this should do as a matter of urgency it is a silent killer.

This isn't sugar level of, this is confirm coronation
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by rabiu35: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Such cotton wool inside olive oil and rub it inside your nose twice a day for two to three weeks
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by eleojo23: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
rabiu35:
Such cotton wool inside olive oil and rub it inside your nose twice a day for two to three weeks

Ah! Two to three weeks? shocked

From replies here, it doesn't take that long for everything to return to normal.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by tefund(m): 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
it happened to me for 2 weaks..i could not smell anything....i just recover recently after drinking herbal mixtures
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Uzyvicks(f): 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acute malaria. Treat malaria. Na this one dey reign now. Everywhere
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by fighttowin7(m): 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
You absolutely have nothing to worry about. I had a loss of taste and smell as well for about 5 days after Malaria. Stayed indoors, took vitamin c and Malaria tabs and I wasn't bothered about the smell or taste and before I knew it, my taste and smell was back. Don't let anyone bother you that its Covid o just relax your mind and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by rollandben(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
lastchild:

Please go to rewire, i guess a wire got disconnected somewhere. let the traces the wire and reconnect it.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by charlsecy(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
unitysheart:
I just regained my own sense of smell few days.
What did you do to regain your senses.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Kallantan: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Whoa, that sounds very serious. No kidding. You need to see a doctor now, not post on the forum. It could be like covid-19 or something much more serious and with worse consequences. In fact, don't delay going to the doctor or at least call the hospital for a consultation.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Fawazzz: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Loss of smell is one of the highest predictors for covid19 and it indicates a mild to moderate form.

The way our immune system is responding is quite different to Europe and other climea

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
nairamaniac:

36 Tablets of chloroquine?
Isnt that too much??
I was an ardent consumer of chloroquine while growing up and even till adult hood and no doctor ever recommended that much.

And it was usually at most 4(first dose) then 2(twice daily).
Balance it with panadol like 3times a day.

Another QUESTION:
What's the difference between the sachet chloroquine and the counting chloroquine?

Chloroquine dose now is 4tablets for adults and 2tablets for children.
But I bet your problem will be solved after the 2nd day of the medication.

Before you see me type with strong conviction, just know that it works.
If it doesn't, mention me in the forum.

#peace
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
myforty68:

THIS WILL CAUSE CHLOROQUINE POISONING. BEWARE

Don't be so sure my dear.
I mentioned 36 because it has to be taken with 4 days.

8tabs in a day i.e 4mon/4night
Before the 4th day, she will get her sense of smell and thirst back.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by PoliteActivist: 12:27am On Jun 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

We are Nigerians wink

Well so was he. He just happened to be in SKorea at the time and therefore was counted one of their cases
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Stunna96: 12:42am On Jun 09, 2020
5 days ago I had the feeling I was about to go down with malaria, I had that weird taste you get when you have maleria, a little temperature and a little pain in the eyes no headaches. I bought malaria and treated for three days and felt better. it was on the 5 day while bathing I noticed I couldn't smell my soap, It was then I noticed I couldn't smell anything, I tried petrol,kerosine, my perfume Nothing!
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by oprahwinneie(f): 2:19am On Jun 09, 2020
I exhibited same symptoms, called d the commissioner for health since Saturday to inform him, he said he was going to send some ncdc officials to get my samples..since Saturday till now,I've not seen anyone, Nigeria is bleeped
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jun 09, 2020
PoliteActivist:
No necessarily. A SKorean tested negative, was discharged. Later tested positive again and died two days later
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by olamy7(m): 8:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Kissingerright:
Go and do covid19 test.
Best of luck..

Click on my profile
why are you disguising? for fraud or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How To Correctly Wear A Condom: Ugandan Nurse Gives Practical Demonstration / Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Doctor Disappears After Going Outside For Fresh Air (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.