Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help (60791 Views)

I Am Experiencing It First Hand, I Can't Smell Anything Again! / Help: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by amanzejude(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Put a handful of ginger and garlic in a clean water and boil till 100 degree Celsius.
Take Vit-C morning, afternoon and night.
Take avocado pears, mango, cucumber and water melon to remain hydrated.
Within 2-3 days, I bet my scortrum and over 300 million spermatozoa per ejaculation, that you will be totally healed.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by es144000: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help
covid'birus
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by lanreabbey(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Blackmann001:

Which state is all this happening
Lagos
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by jubrilELsudan: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
CORONA HAS FALLEN INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

TILL WE MEET AGAIN TILL WE MEET AGAIN, GOD BE WITH YOU TILL WE MEET AGAIN.

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by GeoNyke: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
I had such sypmtoms two weeks ago, I had fever. I treated malaria typhoid two times in two weeks. but am better now. so many persons complain of sickness this days and when they run test it turns to be malaria. Someone jokingly said it might be as a result of Yellow fever vaccine taking some months back.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nemesis08(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
You have serious malaria it happened to 3 of us in the family last week we couldn't taste nor perceive smell. It's malaria
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by rubyjan(f): 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Naijabams:
its typhoid sir you will recover after 1week ,don't worry ursef its common now ... Don't be afraid its not covid19

It is funny how suddenly loss of sense of taste and smell became symptoms of malaria and typoid shocked

Nigerians lol. Please those are signs of Covid19 especially the recovery stages. We thank God for the lives of all above who had the symptoms.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Ben404040: 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
My girlfriend had same thing last week here in Lagos. Couldnt smell nor taste any food. They told her to treat malaria and typhoid in pharmacy. I told her it Covid...she rejected it.
Las Las I placed her on lots of ginger and garlic drinks, lime and lemon with vitamin C and quinine. she has gotten her taste back.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
SirMichael1:
These are symptoms of covid-19. These pose no threat as you're asymptomatic. Just take surplus vitamin c, fruits and ginger tea. If your health deteriorate further, please contact the NCDC but right now, you've got nothing to panic about.

Surplus does mean you should turn it to food oo. Please be guided as you take it. Too much vitamin C in the body can cause kidney stones and diarrhoea. Please be guided. Me I take 1000mg everyday but somebody told me that it is too much. But I still take it like that because if it was too much, then it should have come in smaller mg.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by falcon01: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Isolate yourself, Eat healthy you go dey alright I did it and got better without any serious symptoms
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Mitchellina123: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Isolate and tell all the persons you have come in contact with to isolate asap
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by tbabaXtra: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
I will advice you as someone who just survived covid19. Different bodies react differently to coronavirus. While some will be asymptomatic, some will have symptoms. You can never tell who will die from it and who will survive.The best thing you can do for yourself is to go for a test so that you can get the best care if positive- don't forget some of the drugs given at the isolation centres cannot be bought over the counter.

We now have so many test centres around. If you are in Lagos, you can go to LUTH idi-araba, IDH yaba or any other centres. I prefer IDH yaba because it is well organised. When you get there, ensure you maintain a physical distance. In case you prefer to be invited rather than just going there, you can register online at
nimr.covid.com.ng.

Ordinary it should take about 48 hrs to 72hrs to get your result but because of the volume of test they now do, it sometimes takes more days. Unfortunately, without your test result, you might never be attended to if your health should deteriorate. That's why early testing is important. Some will say "God forbid" and will advise you not to go for a test, please don't listen. Health is wealth.There's usually no prior warning before a sudden health deterioration in someone with COVID19.

Lives are mostly lost between day 7 to day 10. if you can survive this period, you might likely survive it. A lot of people are surviving without going to the hospital but unfortunately we don't know who will fall by the wayside.

You might need to be taking paracetamol, zinc, vitamin c pending when your result will come out because most hospital wont agree to treat you except you have your result.

Wish you good luck.

lastchild:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
That's a symptom of covid-19 go for test and get yourself treated.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by oluwanimoduroty: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
lanreabbey:
Our Government don't know that this Covid19 shit has entered the system deeper than the figure they are publicizing.. That's one of the symptoms of Corona,,, Just of present, a neighbor of mine has that symptoms,headache,fever and chills with his whole family. I have to avoid them cos a friend that visited them also has that but he isolated himself till he got better after two weeks which I have to be the one get him food and other tins he needed like drugs and other herbal stuffs which I always drop in front of his room... Any bastard that come out shout that no Covid 19 in Nigeria.. My prayer is that the tin should catch you and your household,that is when you will know that it is REAL
I had all those symtops too but I'm better now except for my sense of smell and taste that is taking long to come back.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by oluwanimoduroty: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ben404040:
My girlfriend had same thing few week ago here in Lagos. Couldnt smell nor taste any food. They told her to treat malaria and typhoid in pharmacy. I told her it Covid...she rejected it.
Las Las I placed her on lots of ginger and garlic drinks, lime and lemon with vitamin C and quinine. she has gotten her taste back.
I treated malaria and typhoid too and got better.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by adekS1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Even without test I can broadly say u are suffering from Covid-19 virus
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by adekS1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=adekS1 post=90422564] shocked
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Stanlux247: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Am willing to recommend some herbs for u to boil but don't know the names for few of them but be rest assured that u will be fine within two days of the medication.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by divineappo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
I experience same thing few days back. Many people in my area had same symptom. In my compound, almost everybody had this symptom including children, landlord asked everybody to use anti malaria. Thank God nobody died, no serious case. we all fine

I used Lonart Anti malaria medicine, vitamin C, and black seed oil, and now no more loss of appetite, taste or smell

Let's not deceive ourselves. Millions of people are already infected in Nigeria. Many will even recover without even knowing they were infected. Many Africans av this natural immunity somehow though

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by edunaragold(f): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Pls continuous drinking hot water and isolate ur self
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by henzy4life: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
My dear u are not alone in this,my neighbor has been complaining of it since 2-3wks ago and I thought she had malaria, but surprisingly I started noticing same symptoms since 4days now,tastlessness is d height of it

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by tonididdy(m): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Donmonday1994:

Go and buy Arthemeter and ciprotab 500mg finish the dosage and you will be fine..
Am a living testimony to ur situation .... Is not corona Virus
seconded.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by tonididdy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
uni69:
Mine started last week but my case is that i have been perceiving an odd smell and this smell make me not to perceive other things. The smell is strange and i also cannot taste. Pls I am really concerned.

Although i had cough and catarrh 2 weeks back,then i used ACT tab, coflin and amoxicillin capsule. It was after then I noticed this unusual smell and lost of taste. What does this mean

go to a chemist
buy contact or artifect (they are same thing, for nasal congestion),
vitC,
ciprotab 500mg (for infections).
you will be fine.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by PoliteActivist: 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

now all your friends are immune and you are not grin

Wrong! Latest info is having had it confers no immunity
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by olaarie(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Corona symptoms
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Wrong! Latest info is having had it confers no immunity

if you can beat it once, you can beat it again. And that's fine
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Ingocof(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Nothing but covid19
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by o9o9: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
brainhgeek:

For the past two weeks,I have been reading posts of people complaining of loosing their ability to smell or taste. I read roughly 10 per day. What is really happening?
If this is Covid 1-9 birus, then I think the virus is spreading faster than we eat but getting weaker as it spreads.
I once proposed that they should expose as many people as possible to it. As people recover, we decrease it's virulence. After all, we are living with a deadlier Hepatitis, HIV and Malaria which spread without respect for nose masks.

This would be fine if only we knew the lasting impacts of Covid19.

There are reports of as many as 1 in 4 of critical cases having serious blood coagulation without any pointers.

Even if you heal from it , how sure are you that 10years from now they won't find out that all those who had Corona are now susceptible to Cancer , sudden death or some dibilitating illness ? You want to risk the lives of millions to an unknown?

In medicine you try as much possible to keep things in the territory you know. Letting millions catch this aside the overrun of health centers is a dumb idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by PoliteActivist: 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

if you can beat it once, you can beat it again. And that's fine

No necessarily. A SKorean tested negative, was discharged. Later tested positive again and died two days later
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by sniperr007(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
teadrake:

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just ensure you eat nutritious meal full of fruits and vegetables. Get VIT C 1000mg and Zinc 100mg taken twice daily. You'll be fine. Stay away from your family for now. Trust me,you'll be fine
I think them dey prescribe another drug join the ones you just mentioned
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by newoffer: 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Boil ginger n garlic as tea. This is.not.corona. Let no one.deceive u. It's a nasal blockage thing

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by asamaigho(m): 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

just recovered from similar condition.
pls follow d steps below and u will be fine.
1. grind ginger and garlic, cut lemon and add to d mixture.
2 boil water and add to d mixture.
3. drink it morning and night.
4, take a dose of malaria and typhod drugs
and u will b fine in less than 5days.

no need to fear, i came out of this situation with dis same advice some few days ago.
as d Lord liveth u will b fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos) / Woman Gives Birth To A Goat In Port-Harcourt (Disturbing Photos) / Health Management Information System - SIITGO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.