Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Inner Struggle: Paul Wanted To Do Right, But Failed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inner Struggle: Paul Wanted To Do Right, But Failed. (158 Views)

Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? / Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On / Reno Omokri Visits Laodicean Church In Turkey, The One Jesus Wanted To Spit Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inner Struggle: Paul Wanted To Do Right, But Failed. by LoyalBlood(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2020
The first part of Romans paints a grand picture of God's grace and forgiveness, so grand that Paul opens himself up to some tricky questions. Someone might say: "The more I sin, the more opportunity God has to forgive me, right? Then I can live anyway I want!".
In Romans 6, Paul reacts to the "Now I have an excuse to sin" line of thinking with shock and outrage. And then he turns to practical issues in the Christian life. Why is it that somehow even the best Christian keep on sinning? Does God forgive every sin, no matter how bad? What really happens when we become Christians? Do we change or don't we?

ILLUSTRATION FROM LIFE
To explain how Christian life works, Paul uses three analogies: Death, Slavery and Marriage. Each reveal something about the forces at work inside a Christian, and the three together offer an ever-deepening view of the new relationship of freedom in Christ.
The very best illustration of the Christian life, though, is a believer who bares personal struggles. And in Romans 7, Paul offers himself as an example of the struggle involved when an imperfect person commits himself to a perfect God. Paul admits his own anguish and despair at failing even when he has good intentions (Romans 7:7-25). Any Christian who wonders, "How can I ever get rid of my nagging sins?" will find comfort in Paul's frank confession in Romans 7.

A FINAL ANSWER ONE DAY
Then, like a gust of fresh air, Romans 8 follows with one of the most hopeful passage in the Bible. The Holy Spirit is its theme, and Paul defines the Spirit's role in our lives. The Spirit works alongside us as we relate to God, even praying for us when we don't know what to ask (Romans 8:26). Mainly, the Spirit teaches us the full benefit of being a child of God.
The inner conflict won't disappear completely yet, says Paul, for we are part of a "groaning," imperfect creation (Romans 8:18-25). But one day all of the creation will be made perfect again. The promise of ultimate victory should assure us that nothing can ever separate us from God's love.

Re: Inner Struggle: Paul Wanted To Do Right, But Failed. by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 08, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic

(1) (Reply)

When You Can’t Take It Anymore / Daily Cry / Before Vanity Come Knocking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.