Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society (2406 Views)

Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / How We Can Curb Sexual Immorality In Our Society / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Kumuyi pikin them! cheesy

What concerns a Christian in how someone
NOT your mother,
NOT your wife,
NOT your sister,
NOT your daughter
Choose to dress herself? cheesy

Our societal wellbeing is a collaboration of all.

Every house has its rule.

You can't tell him what to do.

It's better you say because you're not allowed to wear your See-through cloth to the church that's why you suddenly become advocates of Those who dress immodestly should not be counselled to dress properly
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Those are not the commandments of Jesus Christ... those are Paul's words which you misconstrue.

But I would rather we focus on the words of Jesus Christ, the one who we follow and whose commandments we are called to obey. So, where does Jesus Christ tell you that it matters what women wear and that it is indeed your place to tell a woman how to dress? undecided

And it's not part of the bible right?

But because it's not supporting your ommpdest dressing activism right
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
It's better you say because you're not allowed to wear your See-through cloth to the church that's why you suddenly become advocates of Those who dress immodestly should not be counselled to dress properly
There is society and then there is that which Jesus has called on you to do. So, which one is your focus? The traditions and rules of men that embody societal beliefs OR the commandments of Jesus Christ, the one whom you have devoted your life to?

Note: That Jesus explained why you cannot have both. grin
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
You misconstrued what Paul said in that verse.
But I chose to focus on Jesus Christ as I said because after all, Jesus Christ is our one and only TEACHER, or is He not? undecided
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by samtol4(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
handelex:
So Kumuyi telling his members especially the female folks to dress well is for them not to be raped abi? I wonder how some people reason atimes.
well said the guy saying rubbish . If possible he would have said Kumuyi asked members to rape women . Confused op

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

FREEDOM is about what each person resolve to do in his/her heart, whether a person is a believer or not his/her shouldn't be abused, that's my point!

You can make rules for members of your own house not everyone! cheesy
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

My guy Rebecca (Isaac's wife) wear bracelets and nose ring, are you saying she's not a woman of faith? Genesis 24:30
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

There is society and then there is that which Jesus has called on you to do. So, which one is your focus? The traditions and rules of men that embody societal beliefs OR the commandments of Jesus Christ, the one whom you have devoted your life to?

Note: That Jesus explained why you cannot have both. grin

The way of bringing men to the right way of life is the message of Jesus
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You misconstrued what Paul said in that verse.
But I chose to focus on Jesus Christ as I said because after all, Jesus Christ is our one and only TEACHER, or is He not? undecided

And Paul was called By Jesus to go and do what
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

You can't do that without following the examples set by God's people of ancient times, what Kumuyi and his cohorts are doing now is called man-made doctrines and traditions NOT God's way!
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
What do you mean? undecided
Are you saying yes, your focus is on the commandments of Jesus Christ, the one whom you have devoted your life to? undecided
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Sure Preach the gospel..., so too were Peter, James, John, Jude but Jesus is the one we should focus on because He is the New Covenant that God promised us, after all! undecided
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

My guy Rebecca (Isaac's wife) wear bracelets and nose ring, are you saying she's not a woman of faith? Genesis 24:30

Hoo so Genesis was part of Jesus teaching you both claimed to be following.

Do you see where you're shooting yourself in the leg

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Jesus made Paul an Apostle for the nations, so if you don't believe (trust) in Paul's admonition, Jesus don't know you!

The letter Paul wrote simply means faithful women must not depend on their outward appearance, they must remain submissive to their husbands.

Most women often look down on their husbands because such men can't afford all the things Paul mentioned, so they are not keeping the faith if they should disrespect their husbands because their husbands can't afford all that.
So Paul is not saying any of those things is sin because faithful women of old put on all those things! smiley
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

You can't do that without following the examples set by God's people of ancient times, what Kumuyi and his cohorts are doing now is called man-made doctrines and traditions NOT God's way!

So we can follow ancient men.

Where those ancient men of old Jesus teaching according to both of you

Jezebel was also an ancient woman and a good example for people like you
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus made Paul an Apostle for the nations, so if you don't believe (trust) in Paul's admonition, Jesus don't know you!

The letter Paul wrote simply means faithful women must not depend on their outward appearance, they must remain submissive to their husbands.

Most women often look down on their husbands because such men can't afford all the things Paul mentioned, so they are not keeping the faith if they should disrespect their husbands because their husbands can't afford all that.
So Paul is not saying any of those things is sin because faithful women of old put on all those things! smiley

Is that also part of Jesus message as well, as acclaimed by both of you.

Let's I forget Paul teaching were aliens to you both
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Show me a woman of old that wear

See through cloth.

Show body cloth

Skimpy cloth.

Can you show me those women of old on those dresses
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Jesus never said anything was wrong in the way women of his time adorn themselves Sir! cheesy

Paul wrote a letter to Timothy to help the women in the first century Christian congregation to know that they must remain in subjection to their husbands NOT becoming arrogant all because of the things they're putting on!

Note how he said this at 1Timothy 2:12, women are not permitted to speak in the congregation, because they must remain submissive to the men! 1Corinthians 11:3
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
Jezebel was also an ancient woman and a good example for people like you

Did you know that nothing of what is detailed in the Bible Jezebel's informs us of how the woman even dressed? undecided undecided

I bet you had a copy of the book, my book of Bible stories, as a child to inform your mind of what to think of Jezebel... undecided
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Show me a woman of old that wear

See through cloth.

Show body cloth

Skimpy cloth.

Can you show me those women of old on those dresses

Show me wear women of old dress like mourners the way your Pastors are demanding today?

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus never said anything was wrong in the way women of his time adorn themselves Sir! cheesy

Paul wrote a letter to Timothy to help the women in the first century Christian congregation to know that they must remain in subjection to their husbands NOT becoming arrogant all because of the things they're putting on!

Note how he said this at 1Timothy 2:12, women are not permitted to speak in the congregation, because they must remain submissive to the men! 1Corinthians 11:3

Before verse 12 there was verse 9

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Show me wear women of old dress like mourners the way your Pastors are demanding today?

Clap for yourself.

You better not let all this celebrity sue you for libel.
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
I am the one who believes in focusing on Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ is the one who set about 46 commandments that those of us who are His followers are meant to live by.
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Before verse 12 there was verse 9

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

I thought you wanted to quote Jesus nah!

So you're still quoting Paul's letter? undecided

Well my guy, neither you nor your Pastors understand a single thing in Paul's letter because i've seen many of Deeperlife women cut their hairs low whereas the same Paul condemned such for Christian women! 1Corinthians 11:5-6 cheesy
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:

Clap for yourself.

You better not let all this celebrity sue you for libel.

My guy they depicted the culture and dresses of women of ancient times!

So you let's see those who used to dress the way your Pastors are demanding? cheesy
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Did you know that nothing of what is detailed in the Bible Jezebel's informs us of how the woman even dressed? undecided undecided

I bet you had a copy of the book, my book of Bible stories, as a child to inform your mind of what to think of Jezebel... undecided

2 king 9
22 And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many? 23 And Joram turned his hands, and fled, and said to Ahaziah, There is treachery, O Ahaziah. 24 And Jehu drew a bow with his full strength, and smote Jehoram between his arms, and the arrow went out at his heart, and he sunk down in his chariot. 25 Then said Jehu to Bidkar his captain, Take up, and cast him in the portion of the field of Naboth the Jezreelite: for remember how that, when I and thou rode together after Ahab his father, the Lord laid this burden upon him; 26 Surely I have seen yesterday the blood of Naboth, and the blood of his sons, saith the Lord; and I will requite thee in this plat, saith the Lord. Now therefore take and cast him into the plat of ground, according to the word of the Lord. 27 But when Ahaziah the king of Judah saw this, he fled by the way of the garden house. And Jehu followed after him, and said, Smite him also in the chariot. And they did so at the going up to Gur, which is by Ibleam. And he fled to Megiddo, and died there. 28 And his servants carried him in a chariot to Jerusalem, and buried him in his sepulchre with his fathers in the city of David. 29 And in the eleventh year of Joram the son of Ahab began Ahaziah to reign over Judah. 30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window. 31 And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had Zimri peace, who slew his master? 32 And he lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? who? And there looked out to him two or three eunuchs. 33 And he said, Throw her down. So they threw her down: and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the horses: and he trode her under foot. 34 And when he was come in, he did eat and drink, and said, Go, see now this cursed woman, and bury her: for she is a king’s daughter.
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
2 king 9vs 30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window. 31 And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had Zimri peace, who slew his master? 32 And he lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? who? And there looked out to him two or three eunuchs. 33 And he said, Throw her down. So they threw her down: and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the horses: and he trode her under foot. 34 And when he was come in, he did eat and drink, and said, Go, see now this cursed woman, and bury her: for she is a king’s daughter.
You see what I mean? Nothing about her dressing at all.

2 Kings 9 vs 30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard the news. She put her makeup on and fixed her hair. Then she stood by the window and looked out.
That is all we are told she did, as far as her appearance was concerned.
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

So you let's see those who used to dress the way your Pastors are demanding? cheesy

A great woman of faith

Hannah

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You see what I mean? Nothing about her dressing at all.

That is all we are told she did, as far as her appearance was concerned.

How does an harlot dress
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm. Doesn't make any sense.
Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by engineerboat(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Can you talk about women of faith and old and not talk about Deborah.

Re: Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
engineerboat:
How does an harlot dress
I would rather you and I keep to the issue of Jesus Christ and His commandments for us as regards women and clothing. undecided

I only intercepted that comment on Jezebel to make a point about how people conjured up in their minds, these images and ideas of Jezebel the prostitute queen, and how those ideas continue to inform the notion they have on decency and modesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch TB Joshua prophesied Russia Will Win Ukraine War & Suffer Economically / Something Strange Is Happening On This Forum / Best Gospel Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.