Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders (770 Views)

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by wheelzcoded(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nollywood Actress, Foluke Daramola - Salako who's also the Founder of NGO, Passion Against Rape and Abuse Africa (PARAA) has revealed in a recent interview that most rape cases she's handling have majority of religious leaders as culprits.

The Actress whom was raped at age 17 by her tenant spoke in an interview with media personality, Funmi Iyanda

The actress who was raped by her tenant when she was 17, said;

“75% of the cases I have on my table are from religious leaders, and a lot of time, we don’t get to the end of it, because when we start, the family would come and tell us we should leave the religious leader to God.”.

Daramola-Salako dismissed claims that indecent dressing is what is responsible for the increase in the number of rape cases

“Nothing attracts rape, it is a sign of weakness. Why do they rape minors, teenagers, and even old women, is that also about indecent dressing?

You hardly find rape cases against young women except for sexual assaults and abuse in workplaces, we find it mostly amongst kids, teenagers, and elderly women, how come you are now telling me it is indecent dressing? And we are not animals.” she said

This is coming after an 100l undergraduate of the department of Microbiology in the university of Benin, Uwa Omozuwa was raped in a church

Same week , a 19 year old lady was raped and killed in Ibadan

And a 12 year old girl in Jigawa State was gang raped .

Together, we at Netbreeze NG say NO TO RAPE!!!

[https://netbreeze.com.ng/2020/06/07/religious-leaders-commit-75-of-rape-cases-im-handling-actress-foluke-daramola/]

Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by bokoitakwas(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
keep rapists in prison till arsenal fc win the uefa chmpions league

1 Like

Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by SenorFax(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
So all the ones carried out on road side, schools and hostels are also religious leaders?

Cos for you to arrive at 75% you must have done a really intense statistics.

Nothing wey pastors no go see for Nigeria because of rape.
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by bukiah: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
SenorFax:
So all the ones carried out on road side, schools and hostels are also religious leaders?

Cos for you to arrive at 75% you must have done a really intense statistics.

Nothing wey pastors no go see for Nigeria because of rape.
Are u guilty of this? She said religious leaders, it could be Pastors, imam or traditional religious leaders. So what are you saying
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by blackboy(m): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
By her tenant? A land lord at 17? Or by her parents tenant?
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by SenorFax(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
bukiah:
Are u guilty of this? She said religious leaders, it could be Pastors, imam or traditional religious leaders. So what are you saying
You just gotta back it up with statistics that's all. Can't just come up with a % based on what exactly? Getting back at religious leaders ?
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by naijaman3: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
SenorFax:
So all the ones carried out on road side, schools and hostels are also religious leaders? Cos for you to arrive at 75% you must have done a really intense statistics. Nothing wey pastors no go see for Nigeria because of rape.

SenorFax:
You just gotta back it up with statistics that's all. Can't just come up with a % based on what exactly? Getting back at religious leaders ?

@SenorFax:
First, she did not say 75% of all cases. She said 75% of all the cases she is handling (in other words the cases she is familiar with). What other statistics do you need from her? She looked at all the cases she has and said 75% of them (not 75% of all cases in Nigeria or anywhere because she has no data/statistics to say so).

Your point would have been valid if she said 75% of all cases but she did not say that.

Secondly, she did not say pastors. She said religious leaders. Are pastors the only religious leaders in Nigeria or is Christianity the only religion in Nigeria?

wheelzcoded:
Nollywood Actress, Foluke Daramola - Salako who's also the Founder of NGO, Passion Against Rape and Abuse Africa (PARAA) has revealed in a recent interview that most rape cases she's handling have majority of religious leaders as culprits.

The actress who was raped by her tenant when she was 17, said;

“75% of the cases I have on my table are from religious leaders, and a lot of time, we don’t get to the end of it, because when we start, the family would come and tell us we should leave the religious leader to God.”.

[https://netbreeze.com.ng/2020/06/07/religious-leaders-commit-75-of-rape-cases-im-handling-actress-foluke-daramola/]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Not surprised..
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by bukatyne(f): 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
75% of cases she is handling involve religious leaders

Hmmmmmmm.

Uwa..... Church.
Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by KanwuliaExtra: 4:51am On Jun 08, 2020
Surprise-Surprise! grin
Show me A NIGERIAN PASTOR and I WILL SHOW YOU A RAPIST!

Awon “annointed blokoses”! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foluke Daramola Reveals Rape Cases She's Handling Have 75% Of Religious Leaders by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2020
Religious leaders are not only pastors before we start our defence o.
Then again, I'm not surprised. We have forgotten about this man. Had he been in Nigeria,The news will die a natural death. He has been sentenced.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-51767053&ved=2ahUKEwiQktjV9fHpAhWUoFwKHZNEDIgQFjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2VqXicwQJtJBavusaExi0l&ampcf=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Is Very Abusive & Financially Draining Me-pls Advise / Video: Mother Of 4 At Age 16 Caught With Another Man And Beaten Mercilessly / Understanding why you react the way you do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.