Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,564 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days (64211 Views)

FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu / First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
grin
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Olabode971(f): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Innoson motors right now be like.....

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by gift2xl: 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good one, but bad place of birth won't let it shine.
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by lekonso: 12:02am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:
This thing is too poor to be on the road. A computer design is way better than this.

Since 1960, when will Nigerians learn to build something viable and useful to us.
We cannot afford to continue this way..

Tueh!!

Go and meet with your state governor..Bihari will not fund this type of shallow project from a fully grown adult
You need brain surgery

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Dagrace01(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:
This thing is too poor to be on the road. A computer design is way better than this.

Since 1960, when will Nigerians learn to build something viable and useful to us.

Tueh!!

Go and meet with your state governor..Bihari will not fund this type of shallow project from a fully grown adult
Must u criticize a good thing?
At least give some credit to him

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by willyjacs(m): 12:08am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Tueh!!

how long have u realized u lack sense?
as in , ur stupidity is on a whole new level.

Damn! what a big living bag of stupidity.
na person waste 9months belle born this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:13am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Ain't no more idea!!! Almost all the countries that Nigerian is better of has built tricycle, cars, phones etc

We have tricycles manufactured and produced in Nigeria better than this one...we need to upgrade rather moving backwards

So how many of them uses solar power?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by JaphNice(m): 12:16am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

We don't need this type of brain. We need a superior brain.

Millions of Nigeria can develop things better than this
are you among of the millions of Nigerian Nigerians? If yes show off your product but if not shut up!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:17am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Tueh!!

I don't like it when people take their time, brain and money to develop something, but all they ever got is criticisms..
We complain that everything we use in Nigeria is been imported even ordinary tooth pick that a primary school student can invent but we do nothing about it.
We should learn to appreciate smart minds, cos it helps alot in motivating them to do more rather than criticism that discourages other smarter brains..
A project like this will cost an individual a lot of money, so this is where investors comes in to fund.
We can never be like those develops country cos we are only following there footsteps, but we can start from somewhere.
Remember, an UPGRADE comes only after a FLOP ..
We might not be smart enough as individuals but if we work together as collective minds, things will work better and faster..

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by willyjacs(m): 12:19am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Ain't no more idea!!! Almost all the countries that Nigerian is better of has built tricycle, cars, phones etc

We have tricycles manufactured and produced in Nigeria better than this one...we need to upgrade rather moving backwards
u mumu die.
someone developed a solar powered tricycle,different from the petrol type nd u here vomiting nonsense.

even developed countries began from the scratch.
have u seen pictures of the first cars?

when things like these r produced, they need funding to upgrade on it.... u think its N10 they use to do things like this?

what have u done in ur life?

people like u r people who's existence are not needed in this country.
people with shallow brains, people who down bit the effort of others, unreasonable morons.

useless people who don't contribute shit but are quick to down bit people's efforts.... Stupid sets of nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by ZaramT: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2020
Very Impressive. I just knew even before opening this that he must be an Igbo man.

N'EZIOKWU IGBO AMAKA.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:42am On Jun 08, 2020
sexylassie2:
This country is filled with thoughtless people.

Someone installed solar component that he bought inside a bike then put solar panel on the roof of the bike.

People here said he is creative and innovative and has talent.

The people in this country won't kill me with laugh.

It is like a radio man installing radio inside a car, is that brilliant or creative.

If I may ask u, how many bikes or cars have u come across in Nigeria that runs on solar powers?
Am sure the car you are using has an earlier model and an upgrade one, so why can't they just do another car and put the upgrades in them rather do the same car with different year models..

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
Rubbish, this looks like projects that were done in the New York in 1960, any electrical technical school student can achieve this.

Wake me up when a Nigerian manufactures a functional squirrel cage motor, not this assembled junk

What makes it different from the maruwa tricycle that people rush into day by day?
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:57am On Jun 08, 2020
sexylassie2:

I have nothing to show and I didn't see anything creative in what he did.

He installed solar panel and its battery and component on a bike.

How is that creative?

If I may ask please what is creativity in your terms?
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 12:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Reference:
A for effort, F for theory.

There is absolutely no way that thing will work.
The size of the most sophisticated solar panels in the world his roof will accomodate will not produce more that 500 watts peak power. That is not near enough to move that much steel (should have used lighter materials like aluminum for the chasis and composite fibres for the body) and with four pasengers.... you need much higher energy density to keep a motor of minimum size of 3 horsepower running which will kill that battery I can see in seconds.

Good try though. Now he needs a few books to add to his enthusiasm.

That's why we need smart minds like you to partner with him and think deeper collectively.
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by 49cents(m): 1:08am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Can u buy the good deeds? Can it be exported? Can move reliably on Nigerian road?
Ask yourself before u appreciate it

Rome wasnt built in day.

Do you think Toyota and Honda a d Ford started out with the cats they make in 2020.....

Clearly you dont understand process
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by kaymicxy(m): 1:21am On Jun 08, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

As far back as 96, I was building amplifiers from scratch, you think everyone is a slowpoke like you, I build my own customised electrical panels.
We should not be celebrating things like this, it makes us look way back, I want to see him build the controller for the DC motor powering that scrap, not coupling some components, which any js 3 introtech student should be able to do

1. So how many of your amplifiers are still in the market today, becos if u were funded u would have made millions today from that..
2. So how many jss students in Nigeria did this, cos have not seen any.
3. So did he tell you he can not build the components.. if u can can build an amplifiers from scratch by soldering components, what makes u think he can't do the same on the DC controllers?
My bro try appreciate people cos e no dey kill..
Jealous no good oh...
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by shalomt4321: 1:38am On Jun 08, 2020
Earlystar698:
I only said he should be good to his amazing parents.
ok
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by omohlexy: 1:39am On Jun 08, 2020
yomi007k:

Oga I have been there and seen them.

Nigeria is not in their league. That doesn't mean we should condemn the efforts being made here.

Nigeria and Usa, Uk,Germany,China,Uae etc are never mates but we can start from somewhere.
Chai! you still found a way to lie a little. bro you have not been past Badagry. stop lying to the public.
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Smartjob1(f): 2:42am On Jun 08, 2020
Have you ever done anything useful to help humanity? With this mentality, you are already doomed for failure.
Mraphel:

Tueh!!

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by BonPatrick(m): 5:47am On Jun 08, 2020
You have said my mind bro thanks
Mraphel:

Tueh!!

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:16am On Jun 08, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by officialfestus(m): 6:19am On Jun 08, 2020
Brain
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:22am On Jun 08, 2020
kaymicxy:

1. So how many of your amplifiers are still in the market today, becos if u were funded u would have made millions today from that..
2. So how many jss students in Nigeria did this, cos have not seen any.
3. So did he tell you he can not build the components.. if u can can build an amplifiers from scratch by soldering components, what makes u think he can't do the same on the DC controllers?
My bro try appreciate people cos e no dey kill..
Jealous no good oh...

You guys should stop celebrating mediocrity, I moved on from building amplifiers along time ago, not because of funding, a lot of people still build slave and mixers because when there is a fault it is easier to identify. I moved on because I was young and misguided, I changed environment and the market was no mire there.

Any serious technical school should have it's students doing this, we had metal works, applied electricity and basic electronics back then, go to instructables and see what little children are doing, you will be ashamed because this is just metalwork and gathering of basic electronics components will you be comfortable entering this if it enters into a puddle of water.
And yes he can't build the components from scratch.

I said wake me up when we can make a squirrel cage motor, from there we can talk.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by yomi007k(m): 6:32am On Jun 08, 2020
omohlexy:
Chai! you still found a way to lie a little. bro you have not been past Badagry. stop lying to the public.

U think everyone is like you and ur lineage?
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by hilaryCU(m): 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Can u buy the good deeds? Can it be exported? Can move reliably on Nigerian road?
Ask yourself before u appreciate it

When I read comments like yours,I normally ask myself if people like you are mentally sound. Go and check cars done at the incipient stage and now.

There are always room for improvement with needed support.
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Cantshout: 6:40am On Jun 08, 2020
You want to produce a solar-powered machine in a country where the federal government's source of income is oil Continue you hear
Earlystar698:
Anthony Obinna Okafor is one of the many Nigerians who are not letting the challenges in the country deter them from pursuing their passion.

A graduate of Mechanical/Production Engineering, Okafor who studied at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, wants to be known as Elon Musk of Africa. "I want to be known as the man spearheading electric cars in Africa like Elon Musk is doing with his brand Tesla," he said.
His latest innovation is a solar-powered tricycle which he unveiled recently in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state. In a recent interview with Vanguard, Okafor disclosed that it took about three weeks to complete the solar-powered tricycle, popularly called Keke.

According to him, this was due to limited working tools and machines. He said he was supported by Ebonyi State Vocation College, noting that it wasn’t easy getting to the finished product with the greatest challenge being capital funding. Okafor admitted that materials like the electric motor, axle and controllers with few other accessories were imported. He, however, noted that such materials can be fabricated in Nigeria by him if he gets the necessary funding to commercialize this project.

On how the tricycle works, Okafor said it has solar panels and can charge itself on condition of cloudy weather. He said it can also be charged with the grid or with an external solar power supply of generator.

"On a full charge, it can go 60 to 70km. And on a sunny day, the added panels will extend range by another 10km," he added. The young man said he is still contemplating on a name for his work but at the moment, he calls the tricycle OKAFOR like Ford, Toyota, Honda, Bajaj which are names of the inventors. He said if he has the opportunity of meeting President Muhammadu Buhari, he would ask for capita funding.

Nigerians are keeping up with the world as it advances in technology.

https://www.facebook.com/108272610841830/posts/133862348282856/?app=fbl

https://www.legit.ng/1336429-nigerian-man-built-solar-powered-tricycle-21-days.html
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by wizod(m): 6:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Mraphel:
[s]This thing is too poor to be on the road. A computer design is way better than this.

Tueh!!

Go and meet with your state governor..Bihari will not fund this type of shallow project from a fully grown adult[/s]
why does dis forum still allow brainless people like you here. What have you invented since you came into dis contraption? For you to commend and applaud d young man, you're here showing d level of ur idiocyncracy
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2020
hilaryCU:

When I read comments like yours,I normally ask myself if people like you are mentally sound. Go and check cars done at the incipient stage and now.

There are always room for improvement with needed support.
I'm not a village thinker like u...u need to travel out...visit places.
Nigeria cannot afford to start at that type of incipient stage again because it will never be useful for humanity...no progress will be done.

Many Nigerians are now producing Nigerian made tricycles but not like incipient stage you are referring to..which made people to patronize it.

Modern incipient stage shouldn't be like 1900 at all but at least year 2000.

We now have Nigerian made cars...but we didn't start from any foolish insapient stage to actualize it
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by 007Power: 7:15am On Jun 08, 2020
Makanaki127:
The moto light no on,the moto no day move and u expect me to believe this nonsense

Aboki! You expect a picture to on light and move abi?

Abeg follow this link to see it in motion. Pictures no dey move!
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/anthony-okafor-529878b7_in-motion-a-dream-come-true-activity-6672105939056902144-p38A

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / This N600m 2000 Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR Will Leave You Speechless (photos & Video) / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Keke (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.