Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. (59720 Views)

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by stonecoldcafe: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
ZeroShenanigan:
I'm above mid thirties, finished NYSC 2015 and i just secured a government teaching job after spending more than 3
Advise is needed if my plan for divorce is a good one and do I stand a chance of loosing anything?

You have options. Don't punish yourself and your wife. I hope the woman works too, cos these options will require money to be spent.

www.bellanaija.com/2014/06/ask-dr-craig-sickle-cell-disorder/amp/?espv=1
Take note of these options
1. Prenatal diagnosis
2. Pre implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by sexuential: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ebere79:
Hmmmm it's very painful but the deeds has been done.
Please she and your unborn child needs your support and love now Biko.
Don't allow her to fall under Labour in a depressed mind, it can be risky.
STEM cell is a sure cure but some doctors will Never tell you that.
God will see you through

Stem cell transplant is a cure when. U av 8million naira and a valid donor and a heart to bear the risk becos it is a 50 - 50 chance of survival. If it doesn't match when transplanted, d child dies and this is d first offspring. Where would d donor come from, it would. Av been better. If there was a sibling. Also, d child has window of from now till 14-16years to take this option.
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Emekaossai(m): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
centboy123456:

are you serious about it

how did ur parents mange to do it

In 19's, people hardly go for genotype test before marriage. They didn't even know their genotype until mid 199's when they have already given birth to two children.
I would say we were just lucky. They gave birth to Two AS and one AA respectively and that discovery made them stop giving birth to avoid giving birth to a sickler.
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Supergirl19: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Im not sure if i get ur question, but this's my inputs: Any of the two could ask sure question. And it should be taken as a regular question we ask at early stage of relationship. Like the popular ones such as ur age; ur academic level; ur state of origin; ur position in ur family, etc.
Alright, thank you
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by NWAFORH1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Faith is needed, prayer works if you believe.
Their is high chance your unborn child may not be a sickler, give your wife love, support n everything she need........ Seat her down n let her understand d important of prayers...... If prayers moves my own montains similar to yours, believe me it will move yours...... Divorce is too far here

1 Like

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Queenserah26(f): 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
You have spoken well!
{quote author=KanwuliaExtra post=90442424]Please, there is nothing to be unhappy about. When you choose to be with someone, there are no inconveniences. You work through your problems together and build a formidable network of coping mechanisms.

Life always throws curve balls. I always welcome the challenges and try to deal with them as positively as possible. Yeah, it will be tough, but I don’t think I would want to be with anybody else, because I CHOSE to be WITH YOU.

You are frankly not ready for a relationship, not to mention marriage. The only reason you feel unhappy is that you are SELFISH and you lack INTEGRITY!

You are doomed to be unhappy in any relationship or marriage you get into anyhooooo. People like you always see the imperfections in others, while turning a blind eye to their own MEGA-FAULTS.

You lack resolve and will quit when the going gets tough. Are you the “GOD” that created people? undecided

If you can’t accept your situation, please man up and leave the relationship. Hopefully, the next marriage won’t have BARRENNESS, HIV or CORONA as your excuse to be unhappy.

Shior![/quote]
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by SavageResponse(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Your first child will not be a sickler, don't quit your marriage. Even if you have a sickler amongst the 4kids you plan to have in future, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I have seen two AS couples who have only AS kids, no sickler, be hopeful for the best. You are an educated person yet did not take genotype issues seriously undecided

Having a sickler is a serious drain on the family resources
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by armyofone(m): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
True talk! Wisdom - you get am plenty!!
I doff my summer hat to you!!

KanwuliaExtra:
Please, there is nothing to be unhappy about. When you choose to be with someone, there are no inconveniences. You work through your problems together and build a formidable network of coping mechanisms.

Life always throws curve balls. I always welcome the challenges and try to deal with them as positively as possible. Yeah, it will be tough, but I don’t think I would want to be with anybody else, because I CHOSE to be WITH YOU.

You are frankly not ready for a relationship, not to mention marriage. The only reason you feel unhappy is that you are SELFISH and you lack INTEGRITY!

You are doomed to be unhappy in any relationship or marriage you get into anyhooooo. People like you always see the imperfections in others, while turning a blind eye to their own MEGA-FAULTS.

You lack resolve and will quit when the going gets tough. Are you the “GOD” that created people? undecided

If you can’t accept your situation, please man up and leave the relationship. Hopefully, the next marriage won’t have BARRENNESS, HIV or CORONA as your excuse to be unhappy.

Shior!
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Maljp: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
I think an unhappy marriage is a consequence of the behavior of the husband and wife, the genotype has nothing to do with it. Thinking this way, you give yourself the wrong settings and it may affect you subconsciously.
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Gspotlicker(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2020
ZeroShenanigan:

I'm planning to arrange for a divorce after she delivered the baby because this is my first baby and I would love to have 2 or 3 kids more. I can't take the risk of allowing any of my children to be a sickler.
Advise is needed if my plan for divorce is a good one and do I stand a chance of loosing anything?
n

1 Like

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
eagleeye2:

Your coursemate was never AS to begin with.... Please God is not author of confusion.

Hello, I will like to give you a better offer on ROI.
Quote me if interested
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by eagleeye2: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
wiconse:

Hello, I will like to give you a better offer on ROI.
Quote me if interested
Do not try to email me again. Whatever ROI you want to give me should be stated on that thread.
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Jotrade: 3:27am On Jul 19, 2020
My in law who is 53yrs has no kids because he loss two off his kids to sickle cell.
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Viking007(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2020
ZeroShenanigan:

Without checking your profile, I know this a female voice.
This is how majority of you always sound.
If I come come over here to seek for an advise during those period, people like you will ask me to go ahead without thinking of the implications.
Did you see me mention that I'm perfect? I'm a career also, AS. If I have known this earlier, I will insist on a relationship with only AA. Please, I can't stand any negative comments this moment as I'm a kind of guy that will never give a damn about your derailing opinion. I believe so much in God's will as well human personal endeavor to achieve whatever you desire. Gbogbo epe to ba she, o ma pada so ri e ni.
I bring out my story for others to learn ni. Only God knows what will happen later as I'm only contemplating divorce which I have not done yet. How many SS children have you helped to survive if you want people to continue breeding sickler?
You shouldn't have created this thread in the first place if you plan on attacking those you willingly asked for advice.

The reason why I have never created any "advice me" thread on Nairaland is because - I believe as a human/adult you should learn/be able to make your own decisions yourself, not running upandan seeking for advice from unknown internet warriors. They only exist on the internet space and will not be there when you face the consequences of YOUR OWN actions.

So my advice is short & simple - Do whatever you feel is best for you and your mental health.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Ebere79: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2020
Is kinda of Drugs and is not expensive is affordable

quote author=sexuential post=90523994]

Stem cell transplant is a cure when. U av 8million naira and a valid donor and a heart to bear the risk becos it is a 50 - 50 chance of survival. If it doesn't match when transplanted, d child dies and this is d first offspring. Where would d donor come from, it would. Av been better. If there was a sibling. Also, d child has window of from now till 14-16years to take this option. [/quote]
Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by med123(m): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Fetal genotype test ( CVS). Contact us today

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by med123(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
stonecoldcafe:

You have options. Don't punish yourself and your wife. I hope the woman works too, cos these options will require money to be spent.

www.bellanaija.com/2014/06/ask-dr-craig-sickle-cell-disorder/amp/?espv=1
Take note of these options
1. Prenatal diagnosis
2. Pre implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)

Re: Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
ZeroShenanigan:
I'm above mid thirties, finished NYSC 2015 and i just secured a government teaching job after spending more than 3 years teaching in private schools. I met my wife earlier 2019, she was in her final year in school, we dated throughout the year and planned to get married after she graduated. She graduated and we make a move for our introduction, then we suggested to have the marriage before she go for her Nysc so as to enable her serve in our home state as I already have a rented apartment to start a small family.

As we were planning for the marriage, we were also planning her NYSC. She was required to have a medical certificate for the NYSC which of course required blood test including genotype. She came back with the result of her genotype as AS. That was the only time I remember to take genotype issue serious. Even if I have some little knowledge about it before, I decided to research more about it on the internet and also met some of my friends who are medically inclined. I came to realize my own genotype test is also important at that moment. I might have done the test in school but I didn't pay attention to it usefulness so I don't remember the result.

I don't usually fall sick except for normal malaria when there is mosquito bite, never had a drip line in my body for once, never slept in a hospital bed, I don't have any reason to take note of my genotype or blood test.

Her results then prompt me to have my own test done too which came out to be AS also. By these periods we have convinced our families to choose a date for the marriage so that we can have the wedding before her NYSC. Marriage is to hold in a week time when I got my own genotype result.
From my further findings about AS and AS couple, I discovered how risky it is for their offsprings. I tried to explain to her but she turned a deaf ear, she alleged me of trying to break her heart at that critical period. She reported to her sisters they tried to blame me but I make them all realized it's not my fault because throughout my visitation and introduction to their family nobody has ever ask us about genotype. I am an orphan, I don't have any closer family to guide me except for my sisters who can't wait for me to get married because of my age, they also had never thought of it as well.

My wife sisters gave us some examples of older couples who were both AS with only one or no sickler among their children. My wife also made a threat of killing herself or she kill me if the marriage didn't hold. She even suggested we proceed with the marriage and break up after few weeks of marriage because of the shame that may follow if we stop the marriage or maybe she was desperate because of the marriage certificate, I don't know. I maintained my stand of backing off the marriage but she reported to my sisters also. Her sisters and my sisters later tried to encourage us to go ahead with prayers since we have chosen the date. We were advised not to disclose our genotype result to anyone again because people will discourage us.

Even though I was skeptical about the marriage, it later commenced with less spending because the Nikkah was held in a mosque and a tent for refreshments.
After the marriage we tried to talk about it, and she told me, she was afraid, may be she was pregnant before the marriage that's why she insisted on going ahead with the marriage. She also revealed to me that she was not happy with the decision as well, means she also know the implications but she have to avoid the shame of stopping the marriage after inviting guests to the occasion.

During these period genotype before the marriage, my love for her reduced drastically because of her desperation and her refusal to understand the risk we are about to take. I tried to avoid pregnancy from our first month of marriage but I later gave up and she conceived immediately. Now she is closer to her delivery. We hardly talk or play together inside. We only discuss about feeding, maternity and things to get for the coming baby.
I discovered we quarrel over little things that can be over looked by lovers. I'm not happy in the marriage, I spend most of time watching TV or stay outside all day because of unresolved issues.

I'm planning to arrange for a divorce after she delivered the baby because this is my first baby and I would love to have 2 or 3 kids more. I can't take the risk of allowing any of my children to be a sickler.
Advice is needed if my plan for divorce is a good one and do I stand a chance of loosing anything?
Well since the sisters prayed for you go back to them to pray for you again.This is ridiculous.
Your first child can be a sickler so how do you afford medical bills on a Teacher salary regardless of divorce.You do not need advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

World Shortest Married Couple In Brazil (Photos) / Pius Angbo: Channels TV Reacts To News Of Their Staff Who Beat Up His Wife / Connect With Someone Born On The Same Month & Day You Were Born!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.