Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC (39039 Views)

River State House Of Assembly Notifies INEC Of Vacant Seats In The House / Victor Giadom Notifies INEC Of NEC Meeting / APC Changes Slogan From ‘Change’ To ‘Progress’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by waziri4biz: 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
spirul77:
he knows he can't win even his polling unit if he flies another party ticket, obaseki is nothing without APC that's why he can't decamp, if he decamps to another party which project will he campaign with?
The name in the lips of residents of Edo is Obaseki people hate Ize Iyamu now for being a pawn and Oshiomhole for being a dictator so even if obaseki flies azf Party ticket he'll win but his Obsession with APC is what I can't understand
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by spirul77: 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
waziri4biz:

The name in the lips of residents of Edo is Obaseki people hate Ize Iyamu now for being a pawn and Oshiomhole for being a dictator so even if obaseki flies azf Party ticket he'll win but his Obsession with APC is what I can't understand
"but his Obsession with APC is what I can't understand" so why don't you want to agree with the opinion of those that understands?

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by ridwanlawal: 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
Na their headache be that
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by funshint(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
Obaseki chose a wrong opponent in Oshiomhole!

2 Likes

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by TreasureJunky: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please what's the difference between direct and consensus method?
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by maasoap(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Heffalump:
Now we are going to see who has the greater power in the State. cool

The State APC is under the direct leadership of the governor. This unilateral action of Oshiomole is dictatorial in nature and he should be removed asap and the NWC take charge of the whole matter.

.....what Oshiomole just did is like Buhari interfering unjustly with the decisions and governance of a State.

This is getting more interesting as time unfolds.

Lol.
Losers gang. There is a difference between mouth and power, una just dey waking up to reality. Obaseki blocking entrance to Oshiomole house, forbidding political rally being held by Oshiomole and so on were not unilateral and dictatorial?

2 Likes

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Web2020: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
spirul77:
lol, I am from EDO and currently writing you from ramat park, Benin city, the few roads he tarred was washed away by erosion immediately after construction and that was the end of it, governance is more than paying social media influncers to be calling you names and praising you, I voted for him in the last elections, people who are supporting obaseki are not supporting him because of his works but because of their hatred for oshiomhole, apart from the 23megawatts ossiomo electricity project, there's no single project worthy of mentioning to attach to his name, I repeat, no single project.
Obaseki's four years of governance can't be compared to oshimhloes 1 year in office, his four years can't be compared to osunbors few months in office, come to Sapele road and see what a whole technocrat built as an industrial park, it's can't be used as cage for birds at obasanjo's farm, I'm not against obaseki because of his fight with oshiomhole but because of his incompetence as a governor. EDO people need a a working governor not a dictator who destroys houses and business places of opponents.
Oh you are writing me from Ramat park-Ikpobahill, I see!
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Cantonese: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chaiiiii. Make we dey laugh dey go joh!
We already know what and what and what.
The story usually starts with factionalisation. Oshiomole backs one faction. Then there is the authentic chairman, secretariat, etc. INEC recognises the wrong faction. They faction(ally) get ready for two primaries. They go to court to clear which faction should be recognised by INEC. They scrutinize certificates and create faults. Finally they go to election. Ojoro(nically) win the election and get sworn in. Then they wait for the second half of the game i.e courts. The courts make their pronouncements.

Finally PDP claims the state back. They start to blame each other and plan Oshiomole's removal for highhandedness.
Examples are found in Delta state, Zamfara state, Rivers state and Bayelsa state.

PDP is surely waiting at the corner and they will take back their state.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
realstars:
Godfather The Old Croock Is Sleepless And Untire To Fighting His GodSon,

Lost and arrogant godson

2 Likes

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by olemi01: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
It's quite unfortunate sensing the reoccurrence of Zamfara backlash.. A replica
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by maasoap(m): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
goaldynboy:
APC will eventually lose Edo State (just as they lost other states) because of Oshiomole arrogance and stubbornness!!!!!!!

The Supreme is waiting for them (after the election) to declare that APC did not field any candidate!!!!!!!! grin

Or, because of Obaseki arrogance and stubbornness?

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by spirul77: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Web2020:
Oh you are writing me from Ramat park-Ikpobahill, I see!
you see nothing bro, list his achievements why you want him for second term.

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Philipxxxx0: 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
This is very simple task, Obaseki should demolish the the new office and tag it unapproved structure, with that no office again and no one will rent his house or office, because they know what will happen to it .
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by youthofnaija: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
I thought Oshiomhole was actually smart... Obaseki will get APC ticket. Please take a look at the uploaded image (APC constitution). When dealing with a man as educated and exposed as Obaseki, illegality should not be an option.

1 Share

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by seanfer(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
TreasureJunky:
Please what's the difference between direct and consensus method?

Direct is when all registered party members lined up behind the poster of their choice candidate in their respective wards and the results will be announced immediately. Collation will be done LGA by LGA (Direct Primary is a mock election)
Consensus is when all the party aspirants and excos choose to support a candidate without going for primary. Example is PMB was the consensus candidate of APC in 2019 election.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by seanfer(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
youthofnaija:
I thought Oshiomhole was actually smart... Obaseki will get APC ticket. Please take a look at the uploaded image (APC constitution).

There are 2 factions in the state and as it is now the party constitution gave the NWC headed by Oshiomhole to take over the running of the party in the state. The changing of the party secretariat has nothing to with the Primary organized by the NWC because all correspondence will be addressed to the National Office in Abuja.
Not all the State EXCOs are with Obaseki’s faction as at this time. So this article can’t work against the party.

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Risentouch(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Let's keep watching
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by EdCure: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=Levels1 post=90446577][/quote]
You seem to be the only one that knows what's up. Oshiomole has nothing to lose. Anybody but Obaseki.

3 Likes

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by ajbiggie(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
APC has a party neva learn from wat happen in RIVERS STATE. They will lose d state 2 d opposition, only time will tell.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Fredamanda: 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
I think the Governor should just find a reason to demolish the new secretariat sharp sharp .... It will make the war more interesting ��
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Fredamanda: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
I think the Governor should just find a reason to demolish the new secretariat sharp sharp... It will make the war more interesting ���
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by slivertongue: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:
Obaseki isn't smart.....

Changing the Secretariat and the state champion isn't a good move......It's a move to finally nail Obaseki's political career.....

INEC will be the one to collate and announce the results.....

And INEC is answerable to Oshiomole....

Oshiomole is winning on this fight....

Osho is playing and dancing to a dangerous tune. Those encouraging him should know that the courts will cure him of his ignorance
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
ernieboy:
u are both saying the same thing, why should inec be loyal to anybody? is inec not an impartial umpire?

They ought to be impartial but they're not, simple.

He was just being factual ni.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by ud4u: 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
This APC has finally finished democracy in Nigeria. This is what corruption fighting looks like abi
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 09, 2020
seanfer:

If you read the news you will see where the NWC said the Obaseki led faction Chairman is not known to the NWC. This is the reason APC need to go the Direct primary way so that non of the factions will decide the out come. But unfortunately for Obaseki the person he is fighting is the head of the National Party and the Judge in the primary. This is like having a referee supporting your opponent in a football match.

How can he be the judge when the election is going to be conducted by inec? The deal is, oshiomole has majority of the party members on his side so victory is sure if it is direct primary.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by seanfer(m): 6:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Xda59:

How can he be the judge when the election is going to be conducted by inec? The deal is, oshiomole has majority of the party members on his side so victory is sure if it is direct primary.

You’re right at the bolded. Obaseki didn’t have good politicians as his advisers. Now they’ve misled him and his making it look like it’s only Oshiomhole is the person fighting him.

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by joyandfaith: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2020
chiefkpokp:
I trust my obaseki, the next thing be say the building na illegal structure......bulldozer ti take over. In obaseki we trust.........

that is what will happen.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Levels1(m): 8:38am On Jun 09, 2020
goaldynboy:

And you feel PDP can't also probe Oshiomole on his time as Governor?!!!!!

They will rather probe the immediate past governor instead.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Levels1(m): 8:40am On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

U will soon understand. Na court case una go chop belle full. Even inec will disqualify all of u. Pdp is the only winner here.

You are right bro, same thing I'm saying while the main loser is the Governor and not the National chairman.

1 Like

Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by jaxxy(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Levels1:

You are right bro, same thing I'm saying while the main loser is the Governor and not the National chairman.

Not just the governor. If Apc looses to Pdp in Edo, Oshiomole will loose his position as national chairman. It is guaranteed.
Re: Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC by Levels1(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

Not just the governor. If Apc looses to Pdp in Edo, Oshiomole will loose his position as national chairman. It is guaranteed.

That will not be soon, but future things. The Good thing is that he was able to use his position to stop the Governor second term. While he remains senior to him for completing second term.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere Rejects Tinubu’s Victory, Insists Obi Won / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.