Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate (53017 Views)

Ghali Na’Abba Died Without A House, Left ₦250k In Bank — Hussain Na’abba / Accountant-General, Ahmed Idris Marries Hussain, 16-Year-Old Girl. Family Kicks / RMRDC Boss Prof Ibrahim Lists Kilishi Technolgy As Achievement In 33yrs: As Nige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by totalhouse(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/drama-in-senate-as-rmrdc-boss-lists-kilishi-as-research-breakthrough/

This country is a joke...this is what you get when you have square peg in a round hole....lol

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by newsboi: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
This senator killed it....Senator Clifford Ordia said, “is this the success story that you are going to tell us after 33 years?

2 Likes

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by okparanicomezz: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
When The Voice Of Good Keeps Quiet, Evil Voices Will Continue To Prevail.

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Bluntemperor: 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
Cyberterror:
cheesygrincheesy

The research boss is a very upright person. You wanted him to conduct research without laboratory ??

So what is he doing on that seat?
Anyway,do you blame him,when Buhari appointed them,just to occupy the place.
Hon.Senators,next Agency defense, Please.Una yet to see drama.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by akigbemaru: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
festacman:
There are about 69 Research Institutes in Nigeria that draw allocations from the FG annual budget for overhead and capital expenditures without any tangible contributions to the economy. It is not only Raw Materials Research and Development Council. There is also PRODA in Enugu that used to do well under late Prof Godian Ezekwe but has gone quiet.

This is an eye opener. The members of National Assembly should not just laugh and allow status quo to continue. They should initiate Annual Public Accomplishment Assessment of these institutes. Obviously, more effective executive supervision and legislature oversight are needed.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by dozieinspired: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
What a shame undecided
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by sirp9898(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Make biafra come quick make we show this abokis and s w how to make research and invent
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Reference(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Job2004:
This is not a laughing matter at all.
This is a colossal waste of resources in establishing agencies that are not doing anything but have workers on the government payroll.

Except things changed, we are doomed as a Nation, there's no hope the way things are going

Good morning.

But when we say restructure they say no.
Even the learned Vice President says the problem is not structure but in the allocation of resources, aka rent seeking status quo where productivity is attacked and mediocrity vociferously supported.

Well, when you are given free money for 33 years called allocation instead of a structure that will make you eat from your research and development works then dried meat is all you think about. Why not.

Give me free money for the next thirty years and I too will develop genetically enhanced self roasting chicken wings.... reprobate nation.

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Bilkol: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Cyberterror:
cheesygrincheesy

The research boss is a very upright person. You wanted him to conduct research without laboratory ??

Do you know the council budget each year and yet they don’t pay staff on time. I worked here & the guys are the top just eat money & nothing else.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Cyberterror: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Bilkol:

Do you know the council budget each year and yet they don’t pay staff on time. I worked here & the guys are the top just eat money & nothing else.
Too bad. But the laboratory is necessary to help them do research. If the senators were doing proper oversight, they would have discovered that all is not well there. After sharing the money with them, they invite them to their Chambers to answer ridiculous questions.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
900winer:
Hahahaha!
I blame imhotep grin

Bubu is great grin
Bamite is a good kilishi defender grin

Sai kilishi.
Sai APC.

Cc lzaa metaphysical afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Ohafiaxch: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Squillaci:

But you chop money there na.

All I would say is that it is a nice place to work, especially if you want to develop yourself at your own pace.
And it is a mixture of different tribes and not as many here thinks.

They worked with NARICT to develop neem oil and others.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Monday60655(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
The man simply said the truth. What else do you expect when the raw material is filled with 90% of northerners. Even after NYSC program there, going back to seek for job, I was told no vacancy. But northerners keep getting appointment letters almost on daily basis.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by AfroAgroPower: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
daddytime:
They didn't start it today.

They once listed Coke and Fanta as mineral resources.

Lol
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Ohafiaxch: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Monday60655:
The man simply said the truth. What else do you expect when the raw material is filled with 90% of northerners. Even after NYSC program there, going back to seek for job, I was told no vacancy. But northerners keep getting appointment letters almost on daily basis.
It all depends on the people you were talking to and which department you were attached to. The 4 of us from my school that served there were all given appointment but only two are currently working there.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by hedonistic: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Beyond the abokki parasitism and quota system drawback that is killing Nigeria, our biggest problem is the abhorrence for meritocracy, especially in the public service. This has slowly infected every sphere of society. Even us "enlightened' southerners aren't left out.

They would tell you that it's not by your grade or by what you know. It's not by who sabi book. Na who you know. Who 'sharp' pass. Who 'waka well' pass. So you wouldn't even consider a brilliant 1st Class or 2.1 graduate of a good school but you would give that job to one idiot with 3rd class or Pass from one funny school. You wouldn't even set a fair selection test/ interview where the best man wins. You just handpick arbitrarily based on connection, nepotism, influence peddling, quota system and whatnot. This nonsense has permeated everywhere, for decades.

The message you are sending is that you don't have to be competent at what you do. You don't have to be brilliant and capable of doing a good job. You don't have to study and commit yourself to intellectual hard work. All you need to do is laze around like a vulture and when the time comes to get a job, you scheme your way through the back door to get something you don't fairly deserve.

The way they are in this so-called research institute is how they are everywhere else...from NNPC to CBN to every state and local government office/department/agency across the country. And you say Nigeria go better one day? Smh.

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Monday60655(m): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ohafiaxch:

It all depends on the people you were talking to and which department you were attached to. The 4 of us from my school that served there were all given appointment but only two are currently working there.

Congratulations. But what happened to the other two?
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Jaymarius(f): 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
They pay staff on time except when allocation is being delayed.

Bilkol:

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by ezemme(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
festacman:
There are about 69 Research Institutes in Nigeria that draw allocations from the FG annual budget for overhead and capital expenditures without any tangible contributions to the economy. It is not only Raw Materials Research and Development Council. There is also PRODA in Enugu that used to do well under late Prof Godian Ezekwe but has gone quiet.

This is an eye opener. The members of National Assembly should not just laugh and allow status quo to continue. They should initiate Annual Public Accomplishment Assessment of these institutes. Obviously, more effective executive supervision and legislature oversight are needed.
PRODA AND SEAD are now the shadow of themselves. I was disappointed when I went to PRODA for my final year project six years back.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
I don't even know how to write what i have in mind on this matter.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
This is what you get when Buhari appoints every of his illiterate kinsmen to head every agency.

Imagine the nonsense? angry
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
Omo I need to get ambazonian citizenship. What kind of stupidity is this? Kilishi technology. Dull clowns keep ruling this country.

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by lereinter(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
For 33 years they lack laboratory

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by LastProphet: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
festacman:

They reps cannot because they are the same ones that handle recruitment for RMRDC and other agencies. Nothing will happen Nigeria is a certified zoo for another 1000 -1500 years
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by ono(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jakumo needs to see this one.
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by hero70(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
He also mentioned, "We have developed two varieties of Sorghum. We collaborated with agricultural research institutes, pharmaceutical industries because we produce ethanol from it and that is the basic raw material for the production of sanitizers" .

“Also from the same Sorghum, we developed other products like Glucose syrup, livestock feeds, material for breweries, and starch".
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Cyberterror:
cheesygrincheesy

What have their been doing with dey budget money from FG
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by LZAA: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
imhotep:

Bamite is a good kilishi defender grin

Sai kilishi.
Sai APC.

Cc lzaa metaphysical afamed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by just2endowed: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Greenbirth:
Every time I see these northern leaders I really get pissedup big time. They still believe that we are still at the stone age. Habaa

We are actually at stone age because stone brain voted for stone age people

2 Likes

Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by jolyment: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
KellyGay:
Quite shameful. In the entire 33 years of the agency's existence, this is what they can boost of. Yet, they are being budgeted for annually.

Did you read the whole story?
Re: RMRDC: Hussain Ibrahim Lists ‘Kilishi’ As Research Breakthrough In Senate by mechanics(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hahahahah, funny Prof, just like the one that he said he can't see what he wrote during the 2015 election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kids, Market Women Rock All Eyes On The Judiciary Polo / Soldier Shares Photos Of What They Pass Through In Maiduguri . / Lawan Andimi: Buhari Says Boko Haram Will Pay A Heavy Price For His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.