Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,569 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others (17732 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by semyman: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
I just hope it's not empty ranting
I will give my respect if there is sanction or penalty for their theft and day robbery
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otino(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
I didn't see AEDC why?
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nigeria electricity sector is a scam, been operating by scammers.

Nigerian security and electricity sections are scammers.

The #ZooNigeria is a scam.

Where is taxpayers money going to

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Bluntemperor: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Roundpeg:
That's good

OP,what is uncapping Order 197/2020?.
Stop this beautiful nonsense statement.
we no go school- break down of the offence please.Nevertheless,Ikeja Disco,hmmm!.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ajebuter(f): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
They are still on my street right now in Palm Grove disconnecting electricity and collecting bribes..

NERC,, come and start from Pedro, Palm Grove, Gbagada, Bariga and Shomolu
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Belawy(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
It will die down in two weeks,when money exchange hand.Na bribery and corruption dey kill Nigeria.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Electrification: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
dominique:
Abuja DISCO should have been included every single DISCO is guilty of this

They(AEDC) complied substantially with the directive. Pls don't include them here
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by athaboi(f): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
dominique:
Abuja DISCO should have been included every single DISCO is guilty of this
why do you say Abuja Disco should have been included..how much have you been billed per month since March? I think they have complied, residential customers are now 3 thousand something and commercial 6k plus respectively...how much are you being billed??
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by obeyizy(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Bariga... Ilaje
Those people are wicked.... We have complained countless times yet no response or even reduction in the estimated billings, I tried to send them a mail... But they said their mail is full so mine can't be sent.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Casper21: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
After hustling under sun with the whole sweat, I'll come back home and still receive another heat stress. Now let me sleep to ease the stress, neighbours will now com with their generator. Habaa we don tire o. I get prepaid and I dey recharge 5k and e go last for 6months simply because we don't get regular power supply

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by nedekid: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
When the extortion became too much for me I paid for prepaid meter. I have not spent up to 30k in the past 5 months. Meanwhile I had advarage bill of 30k a month b4.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Stacyj(f): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
What about AEDC, They should be included
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by greatestman(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
miniziter:
I surely know my BEDC will be there.

I think the most useless.

Nothing good about that company.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by delvzy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
Seriously they need to start sanctioning them most especially that Eedc of a discos.
Seriously the flaunting billing and the lack of provision of prepaid meter is alarming.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by wengerjay(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
miniziter:
I surely know my BEDC will be there.
Very useless one

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Itisallright: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ikeja surpose to be first on the list, over 80k per month...

Biggest scam
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by OLUENTA1: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
The topic and right up was not sufficient to digest and understand so i did an assignment for you guys and this was copied and pasted below for you

NERC ORDER ON THE CAPPING OF ESTIMATED BILLINGS IN THE NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY SUPPLY INDUSTRY
By punuka on April 3, 2020
By Order No/NERC/197/2020, dated February 20, 2020 ( the ‘Order’), the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) repealed the NERC (Methodology for Estimated Billing) Regulations 2012 (the ‘2012 Regulation’), and made an order capping estimated bill to unmetered customers by Discos in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI). The Order is billed to take effect from February 20, 2020.

The main objective of the Order is to protect unmetered R2 (Residential-single and 3-phase meters, who consume more than 50kWh per month) and C1(Commercial-single and 3-phase meters, small businesses) customers from arbitrary billing and expedite their metering process.

The Order, among other things, states as follows:

1. Discos are to ensure all tariff class A1 customers (customers using grid-connected premises for agriculture, schools, water boards, religious houses, government and teaching hospitals, etc, that require single or 3 phase meters) are properly identified and metered by April 30, 2020;

2. All unmetered R2 and C1 customers shall NOT be invoiced for consumption of energy beyond the price capped in schedule 1 of the Order, (by illustration, NGN1, 872.00 for R2, where consumption is capped at 78kWhr per month at a tariff of NGN24/kWh);

3. All Residential customers who consume not more than 50kWhr (R1 Customers) per month shall be billed NGN4/kWh at a total maximum of NGN200 per month;

4. All other customers on higher tariffs shall be metered by April 30, 2020 otherwise they shall remain connected to supply but without further payment to the Discos until a meter is installed.

It was also directed in the Order any customer whose current estimated bill is below the capped price shall remain so without upward review until the installation of a meter; and any customer who rejects the installation of a meter MUST BE DISCONNECTED by the Disco.

The purport of the Order as stated in its objective and as succinctly captured above is quite apposite in the pursuit of customer satisfaction, however, there is need to point out that the energy cap on estimated bills for R2 and C1 customers is on a case by case basis and not a uniform base tariff of NGN1,800 popularly held.

Schedule 1 of the Order makes clear provisions for Area/Business unit-specific billings per kWh for R1 and C1 customers. For example, in Abuja, whereas Kubwa is billed 114kWh for R2 and 120kWh for C1, Maitama is billed 432kWh for R2 and 548kWh for C1. In Lagos, whereas Apapa is billed 376kWh for R2T and 300kWh for C1S, Island is billed 774kWh for R2T and 648kWh for C1T. Whereas, Jigawa North is billed 61kWh for R2A and 60kWh for C1A, Kano Central is billed 83kWh for R2A and 86kWh for C1A. For more enquiry you can contact us at: info@punuka.com

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by mamatwiny(f): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
nedekid:
When the extortion became too much for me I paid for prepaid meter. I have not spent up to 30k in the past 5 months. Meanwhile I had advarage bill of 30k a month b4.

Exactly . We have just started the process. Paid 40k for prepaid meter. I did not come to township to come and make nepa rich. They just keep increasing ours every month despite the come and read it ooo, but they change the figure when they get to office. From 3k to 4k to 5k to 7k and 15k this month. I no dey use air-conditioner ooo, nor do I cook with electric Stove neither do I iron cloths. My bulbs we're changed to led 3 wats.

I don't want trouble so na to settle the matter once and for all and get prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by HRMK: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
very good!
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Doyou2019: 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
otokx:
Why have they refused to provide meters for consumers?
High time the government reprivatized these suckers
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Roundpeg: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Great news have become so scanty these days that Nairaland is now gasping for what to push to front page.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Minjim: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
I don't get the lawlessness in Nigeria.
In my area, we have not had light since Saturday. This is light they ration for us I!
Two days On, Two days Off.

But those two days On, something must happen that we won't have light. And the bill has increase self.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by SocialJustice: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Diijerr:
Is that really enough for sanction
Haba, do you even understand the situation? Are you an electricity bill paying adult?
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otokx(m): 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Donald3d:
please do

We almost had a "fight" with IBEDC officials today.
Every month they keep increasing the bill, yet power keeps getting worse.Its very annoying.

The entire power sector should be privatized. Look at what happened in the telecom sector, competition has forced them to render better and cheaper services over time.

Fix power in Nigeria and see the economy pick up.

The Nigerian government likes being penny wise, pound foolish, just to extort the average Nigerian .

As a work-from-home programmer , I can just imagine how much I would have spent on fuel if I didn't wake up on time to get an inverter .

How can I be paying for something that is almost non-existent

How can one privatize what has been privatized?
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otokx(m): 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Doyou2019:

High time the government reprivatized these suckers

Its not that easy, the contract they signed we heard limits government.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
The solution is to make prepaid meters compulsory in Nigeria and provide it for every consumer.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by victorVIC1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ikeja Electric has been crediting me just half of the unit I pay for whenever I subscribe. I sent a mail to their customer service and they sent a feedback that a debt of 46K was transferred from a postpaid bill account to my prepaid meter. However, I find this fraudulent as the account from which the debt was transferred is different from my postpaid meter no plus I'm very certain I was not owing Ikeja Electric before moving to prepaid meter.

Has anyone here experienced this before and what is the best way to go about this situation?
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Donald3d(m): 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
otokx:

How can one privatize what has been privatized?

That one na privatization for paper. The government still controls most of the power sector from generation to distribution, directly or indirectly .
I can't wait to have 24/7 power. Its really sad.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by entrep88: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Diijerr:
Yes....in Nigeria, to enforce discipline you need scapegoat!
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by danhans(m): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Story story after they've collected enough money from the poor
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by 9gerian: 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Apt!

Chogzee:
This is Nigeria, Don't be surprise NERC is part of the problem. Nigeria is so bleeped up as regards the power sector, just forget it. #CashOutLoading4NERC
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by DarkJeddi(m): 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
Diijerr:
Do you have anything to say or you just want to comment for the sake of it? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine / SW Leaders To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun In Lagos Over 2023 Election / Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Returns To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.