Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others (17729 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ahckmedkosy(m): 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Are you being a witch?? Do you pay more than the cap estimate under AEDC? They complied absolutely with NERC order
dominique:
Abuja DISCO should have been included every single DISCO is guilty of this
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by somziency: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is one commission in Nigeria currently putting effort to sanitize the industry. Discos are something else.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by roughneck: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
mamatwiny:

Exactly . We have just started the process. Paid 40k for prepaid meter. I did not come to township to come and make nepa rich. They just keep increasing ours every month despite the come and read it ooo, but they change the figure when they get to office. From 3k to 4k to 5k to 7k and 15k this month. I no dey use air-conditioner ooo, nor do I cook with electric Stove neither do I iron cloths. My bulbs we're changed to led 3 wats.

I don't want trouble so na to settle the matter once and for all and get prepaid meter.

If not that this country is a mad house, a meter is supposed to be a tool to measure the power I consume which enables my service provider bill me accordingly, it therefore should be the sole responsibility of these blood sucking discos to provide the meters FOC cos it’s their equipment but these things happen when consumer protection is zero. It’s just like going to a filling station with your own fuel pump.. absolute madness

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by xpool(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
miniziter:
I surely know my BEDC will be there.
BEDC IS THE WORST OF ALL.
THEY HATE TO GIVE PREPAID METERS TO US, BEDC IS WORSE THAN FRAUDSTERS.
OUR TRANSFORMER IS DOWN AND THEY SAID WE SHOULD BY BUY A NEW ONE BY OURSELVES, THAT IF WE DONT BUY IT WE WILL NEVER SEE LIGHT.
THERE PLACES IN ASABA THAT THEIR TRANSFORMERS ARE TOTALLY BAD FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS, BUT BEDC HAVE TOLD THAT IF THEY DONT BUY TRANSFORMERS THERE WONT BE LIGH T FOR.

BEDC HAVE BEEN BLACKMAILING US AND EXTORTING US IN DELTA. THEY SHOULD BE SACKD

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
meter is supposed to be free yet we pay for prepaid meter,
when you have a single phase prepaid metre and the phase you are is off, you won't have light, you have to call the phcn to Change the phase on the pole, nothing is really working in this country
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by samkkonline: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please yooooo....don't exclude AEDC Abuja...this list is missing pls.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by govetin: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2020
I know my BEDC will be there. The worst Disco in the world.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Pinkybush: 3:23am On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:
please do

We almost had a "fight" with IBEDC officials today.
Every month they keep increasing the bill, yet power keeps getting worse.Its very annoying.

The entire power sector should be privatized. Look at what happened in the telecom sector, competition has forced them to render better and cheaper services over time.

Fix power in Nigeria and see the economy pick up.

The Nigerian government likes being penny wise, pound foolish, just to extort the average Nigerian .

How can I be paying for something that is almost non-existent
Hmmm, bro don't wish you were under PHEDC, they are the worst power fraudster.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by petluvsu(m): 3:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Talk is cheap. They pretend as if they don't know customers are overbilled. The best they could do is to reverse all charges from the beginning.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Donald3d(m): 3:56am On Jun 10, 2020
Pinkybush:
Hmmm, bro don't wish you were under PHEDC, they are the worst power fraudster.
grin
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Sasaeniyan29(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2020
this is all about lalalow,action speaks better than words,they should stop giving us headline news to give us headache. they should put all this into action..... useless people
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Reelnah: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2020
No wonder.... now I understand why IKEDC is horribly installing meter in every household for my side....what a country....
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by spleady(f): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please can I have their email for complaint. I have same issue too. Thank you.

victorVIC1:
Ikeja Electric has been crediting me just half of the unit I pay for whenever I subscribe. I sent a mail to their customer service and they sent a feedback that a debt of 46K was transferred from a postpaid bill account to my prepaid meter. However, I find this fraudulent as the account from which the debt was transferred is different from my postpaid meter no plus I'm very certain I was not owing Ikeja Electric before moving to prepaid meter.

Has anyone here experienced this before and what is the best way to go about this situation?
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by victorVIC1(m): 5:55am On Nov 25, 2020
spleady:
Please can I have their email for complaint. I have same issue too. Thank you.

CustomerCare@ikejaelectric.com

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by capitalzero: 6:22am On Nov 25, 2020
victorVIC1:
Ikeja Electric has been crediting me just half of the unit I pay for whenever I subscribe. I sent a mail to their customer service and they sent a feedback that a debt of 46K was transferred from a postpaid bill account to my prepaid meter. However, I find this fraudulent as the account from which the debt was transferred is different from my postpaid meter no plus I'm very certain I was not owing Ikeja Electric before moving to prepaid meter.

Has anyone here experienced this before and what is the best way to go about this situation?

Contact nerc and copy them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine / NERC Unbundles TCN, Sets Up New System Operator / Buhari Is Not God And We Will Not Worship Him, PDP Replies APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.