Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,912 members, 7,838,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG (25770 Views)

Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job / Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Cert Forgery / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by NwaNimo1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nomination only?
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Bsc(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
grace
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
She will win

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Openbusiness: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Na America puppet go win. Borrowhari government should keep dreaming

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Petersamuel8(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good one
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by ecolime(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
dingbang:
She will win
Amen
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Goke7: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
kettykings:
i feel this woman deserves to be president of Nigeria in 2023 , after her stay in WTO , Buhari should just invite her to run for the seat , she will occupy the remaining slot of the South South as well as solve the igbo presidency question

grin na so
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Mypump: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
She deserves it
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Purifychy(f): 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Egyptians will not like this.

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Asadujames202(m): 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please, guys what's the best charger for Nokia x6.

The charger I bought is changing but not adding up to the percentage.

Like, if it's 45%, after 30 minutes it will still be 45%
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Celenwa1: 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
she is a valuable asset naw
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by festacman(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
seunmsg:

Nonsense. Nigeria did not break any protocol. Three African countries indicated interest in nominating candidates. Nigeria nominated Agah, Egypt and Benin nominated their own candidates. We weighed the strength of Agah and decided that Okonjo-Iweala stand a better chance than Agah. So, we withdrew Agah and replaced with Okonjo-Iweala. So, how did we break the unity of purpose?

The post of DG is zoned to Africa. AU set up committee to oversee that. Three nominations were received before deadline set in-house by AU. The three candidates were cleared provisionally. The same protocol was applied in the case of Adewumi Adesina of AfDB.

The withdrawal of Yonov Frederick Agah for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala wasn't so much about qualifications and experience on the subject-matter as Agah is far above Okonjo-Iweala in international trade matters. However, it has a lot to do with certain scenarios that played behind the curtain, which will be clearer in the months ahead before WTO election.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by blackboy(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
WTO wants her but Africa dont. I'm sure she is the most qualified and experienced and most capable.

Kashi ma wo. Let's continue
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Enwhen(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good news

She don win am
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Japhtee(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
She is winning this one
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Tranquillity360: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Yorubas will start hating now.

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by PericomaNwankwo: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Lols aunty ngozi pack all appointment this year. More than 5 appointment in 6months.

the best thing that come out of nyamiri land since chinua Achebe

Says someone whose family compound lies in ruins and bushes.

4 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by IpobAntidote: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
k

And some IPOB fools were abusing Buhari that he submitted her name too late even though the last date for submission is July 8th.
Well I blame the ramshackle educational level and the lazy journalist that we have in this country. All they do is copy and paste without doing any research of their own. They sit in their offices in Lagos and just report whatever they are told without digging deeper to get all the facts out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by oyeb15: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
This woman again. The Western Slave.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by SmartyPants(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
WoundedLamb:

True. I wish our boys would emulate the likes of Philip Emeagwali too and stop running around Nairaland looking for girl related threads.

Nice one.

Most of them are already emulating him. You may not realize that Phil is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Tranquillity360: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
kettykings:
i feel this woman deserves to be president of Nigeria in 2023 , after her stay in WTO , Buhari should just invite her to run for the seat , she will occupy the remaining slot of the South South as well as solve the igbo presidency question
You think we yorubas will vote for her.
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by WoundedLamb: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
Davash222:

No, you're not a guy...you can't be a guy...and
you'll never be a guy.

Yeah, cause you believe your genital should influence your logic.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by WoundedLamb: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
SmartyPants:

Most of them are already emulating him. You may not realize that Phil is a fraud.

I don't pay attention to conspiracies.

Thanks for your input though.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by AnanseK(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
I pity WTO. With NOI as COORDINATOR DG , they will end up like Jonathan’s Government - clueless, ineffectual and perhaps corrupt.

They still have the last chance anyway.
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by ajebuter(f): 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
The same NOI that BMC were foaming in the mouth to send to jail...

Awon Eleregbe!

3 Likes

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Focusmind: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Make I apply sharply since the closing date for submission of entries is now 8th July, 2020.

Nairaland, make una support your own o. I will ensure trade surplus for Nigeria in all areas of trade.

I will make sure that all our products meets the strictest international standard to ensure acceptance of our farmers and Aba made goods in the international market.

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by SmartyPants(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I don't pay attention to conspiracies.

Thanks for your input though.

Lol. There is a difference between fact and "conspiracy" but do feel free to do you.
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by IpobAntidote: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
kettykings:

Yeah , her biggest opposition will come from the same Igbos - some will claim she's not full Ibgo, some will claim she's not from their state, some will claim that she's just a stooge for the Fulanis, some will claim self that she's Yoruba just using Igbo name and the Igbo men's egos will not allow them to support her ....all sorts of excuses will be flying left and right.
They will end up voting for Atiku, their Fulani master. Funny people... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
Davash222:

Our girls
Same girls that goes out with just 100Naira and return with pizza, cold stone ice cream,and 10,000 Naira

Med ooo
Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by HRMK: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
THIS IS AN EASY WALKOVER FOR IWEALA!NO WONDER EGYPT IS JITTERY!!

1 Like

Re: WTO Accepts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Nomination For DG by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
post=90489007:
To close the first page of this beautiful thread,
Let's go with this.........

........whoever Our darling Daddy endorses is a winner.
A man after God's heart.
They want to bury Our darling Daddy,
they don't know he is a seed.

Okonjo, noting do you.
PMB "Our Darling Daddy" has laid his blessed hands on you, he belongs to everybody.
Carry Gooooooo.........

Yes ooo. Our daddy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari's Interview With NTA On 6 January 2022 (Live Updates) / Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.