Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! (397 Views)

Symptoms Of Sex Addiction And Knowing When To Get Help / 10 Characteristics That Make You Attractive To A Woman- You Need Just One / Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by KingZaddy(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2020
Addiction is basically a disorder why because it can limit you from progressing. Google defines addiction as physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance.
Let's first look at why or what makes people get addicted
Pleasure and satisfaction is the answer. What brings pleasure? Excitement.

There is a part of the brain in charge of registering pleasure and giving satisfaction, it is satisfaction that reduces pleasure for the moment

For example, when a person eats food that becomes very pleasant to the brain, the brain registers the good food as pleasure and after a while it administers a hormone that brings satisfaction but if you ignore this hormone and continue eating you will become overfed and get constipation

Now listen, people get addicted to anything, I know a girl who is addicted to pain, she enjoys cutting herself, the parts of her brain controlling pain and pleasure have become one, that is a disorder

Let's deal on sexual addiction, masturbation for example, when you masturbate your brain gets excited and registers pleasure and the brain releases dolphin that gives satisfaction after you climax.
Now the question is what makes people addicted to anything?
The answer is excitement, when a person tries something like drugs or sex for the first time, the brain will be immediately excited and start registering that thing as pleasure and after the satisfaction hormones have been released,the excitement in the brain is not completely relaxed, this is the point where the person chooses between stopping or over riding the satisfaction message sent by the brain then continue. This is the point where people are satisfied after eating still want more because of the excitment the food created in the brain, this is the point where somebody who took drugs to a satisfying level still wants to continue because the drugs excited the brain. For some, the excitement makes them keep saying "just one more and I am done... Just one more and I won't do again"

So basically, when pleasure and satisfaction are done working, excitement is still on duty, at this point it is up to you to ignore the excitement or carry on with it.

Somebody who finished masturbating is so excited that he wants to do it again because it was very enjoyable. What you don't know is that the excitement starts small and that is the stage you can easily control it but you don't even know what's coming for you soon.

Now the problem is that the more you agree to an excited mind the more dominating the excitement gets, the more you allow it the stronger it gets and it gets stronger and stronger that it makes the brain work more often to register pleasure and work faster to produce satisfactory hormones, before you know it the brain is over worked from the overtime activities you are giving it and the excitement takes control of a larger part of the brain and controls every activity you do or want to do, whereby the excitement starts telling you that "if you don't satisfy me I won't let you do anything else" and that is where you hear people say things like "if I don't take drugs or have sex for one day I won't feel okay", now that is the brain disorder because everything you do is controlled by excitement

Don't worry, you will be okay if you don't have sex, you will be okay if you don't take drugs, you will be okay if you don't masturbate, it's just your brain losing control over itself.
It may be difficult for you to take back your control buttons but the best and most effective way to beat the excitement is to get busy, get busy with activities and events you love, surround yourself with people, it's not going to be easy but you will have to put up a strong fight because some addiction can take over a year to overcome but the more you fight the more you win.

Now in addition, understanding and controlling addiction is one way you will be able to control your urge for women and their physical assets, the other way is much bigger and deeper.

Follow me on twitter @firstkingzaddy let's discuss and open your mind to newer things.

1 Like

Re: Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by Callertunez: 7:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Great stuff, another angle to addiction...
Re: Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by paulolee(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2020
nice
Re: Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
KingZaddy:

It may be difficult for you to take back your control buttons but the best and most effective way to beat the excitement is to get busy, get busy with activities and events you love, surround yourself with people

What about a jobless graduate who's so addicted to alcohol and cigarettes? He doesn't have any other activity to get busy with. And the people he surrounds himself with, are those with the same addiction.

How would this person overcome the addiction?
Re: Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by KingZaddy(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2020
OcVoice:

What about a jobless graduate who's so addicted to alcohol and cigarettes? He doesn't have any other activity to get busy with. And the people he surrounds himself with, are those with the same addiction.

How would this person overcome the addiction?
Such person will have to change his circle of friends first.

Religion aside, a church is a place where such person can find people
Re: Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! by KingZaddy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hit me up on twitter if you need my services @firstkingzaddy

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Your Bestie Should Not Interfere In Your Relationship / A Lady With Beauty, Without Duty Is Guilty / See The Advice Someone Gave To His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.