Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. (653 Views)

Na Depressed People Full Nairaland / Just One More: Understanding Addiction And Controlling It! / Warning!NL Is A Wrongplace For Depressed People ,wickedness Reigns Supreme Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by sanmtiago(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Although you may never have experienced it before or you might have had a slight taste of it but I want to assume everyone has a clue about depression. Now this is the thing about depression, depression is a respecter of no man and for me I think virtually everyone is susceptible to it and there’s no particular panacea for it but it can be alleviated overtime by either incessant care from loved ones, painstaking examination by psychologists and so many other logical measures.
Most times on Nairaland when topics about suicide and depression or other related stuffs are posted we often have different opinions and views about them,yes! Everyone has a discretion of saying whatever they like irrespective of the fact they know the veracity/mendacity of the story. Now lemme take you down to the reality of depression, like I said earlier everyone is predisposed to depression and so many things can attribute to it, it could be toxic relationship, job loss, failure, rejection ,disappointment and so many other things that can compromise life’s stability. I want us to start understanding that not everyone is ‘mentally strong to handle emotional trauma’.So when you observe someone is going through tough times don’t be too quick to judge their actions cause when one feels jaded,external force can control their mind and make them do horrible things and think suicidal. Please always check on your friends and loved ones. I posted this topic on this section because of the recent topic of a guy who committed suicide after being jilted by his lover and also I think rejection and heartbreaks are the major cause of depression for young ones lately.they even resort to doing drugs thinking it’ll help but drugs only make them withdraw from reality so your care and inspiration can save a soul. Help save a soul!
Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by falcon01: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
yeah. but lets first protect the normal ones from the Crisis happening in Nigeria
Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by ShinqRambq: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nonsense people use to seek pity,a man who commits suicide is a curse to the land hence it will not take his body
Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by sanmtiago(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
ShinqRambq:
Nonsense people use to seek pity,a man who commits suicide is a curse to the land hence it will not take his body
please just learn how to be subtle with suicidal people cause it’s not really easy I’ll tell you
Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by xpac01(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
It's a pity that the world is gently crawling to a realm where everyone thinks all about themselves. Everyone won't mind spending life alone on earth while every other person around is dead. So tough to find someone who is genuinely ready to share your pains and frustration. Everyone, especially in this part of the world, appears to be so busy to observe that someone close by needs a lil show of love and warmth of grace from a sincere touch.

I remember few years ago when passing through hard times, I could not just find someone to share my deep frustrating feelings with. Anybody you talk to, listens with heavy ears and distracted eyes.

Thank GOD for GOD. No one and I mean no one could give you the full time to understand how you feel deeply within.

This has taught me a lesson. Now I can't count how many times people have hugged me with gratitude for listening warmly and empathetically to their frustration and depressing events they are passing through.

Do you know that just a little encouraging word you give to someone can save a LIFE.??

Thanks @OP for bringing this topic up. Everyone needs and I mean NEEDS love in such a time we are in.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by sanmtiago(m): 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
xpac01:
It's a pity that the world is gently crawling to a realm where everyone thinks all about themselves. Everyone won't mind spending the life alone on earth while everyone around is dead. So tough to find someone who is genuinely ready to share your pains and frustration. Everyone, especially in this part of the world, appears to be so busy to observe that someone close by needs a lil show of love and warmth of grace from a sincere touch.

I remember few years ago when passing through hard times, I could just not find someone to share my deep frustrating feelings with. Everyone you talk to, listens with heavy ears and distracted eyes.

Thank GOD for GOD. No one and I mean no one could give you the full time to understand how you feel deeply within.

This has taught me a lesson. Now I can't count how many times people have hugged me with gratitude for listening warmly and empathetically to their frustration and a depressing events they are passing through.

Do you know that just a little encouraging word you give to someone can save a LIFE.??

Thanks @OP for bringing this topic up. Everyone needs and I mean NEEDS love in such a time we are in.
i wish everyone would understand embarassed
Re: Why We Should Be More Understanding To Depressed People. by jesmond3945: 1:10am On Mar 26, 2019
xpac01:
It's a pity that the world is gently crawling to a realm where everyone thinks all about themselves. Everyone won't mind spending the life alone on earth while everyone around is dead. So tough to find someone who is genuinely ready to share your pains and frustration. Everyone, especially in this part of the world, appears to be so busy to observe that someone close by needs a lil show of love and warmth of grace from a sincere touch.

I remember few years ago when passing through hard times, I could just not find someone to share my deep frustrating feelings with. Everyone you talk to, listens with heavy ears and distracted eyes.

This has taught me a lesson. Now I can't count how many times people have hugged me with gratitude for listening warmly and empathetically to their frustration and a depressing events they are passing through.

very good. Till it happens to you, you would never understand the greatest torture of any human race,depression.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Kissing / Nigerians Are Afraid Of Having Proper Sex' - Sex Therapist, Adunni / Steps To Avoid Fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.