Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church (61147 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by stagger: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2020
desiredhome:

Any lie to deceive their guelible followers..... shows they know the truth but still allow their greed to control them........ will they summit the name of members who are not stake holder in the business? Already his two sons are in the top leadership position in the business and the first son bearing same name with him(David) sad

So his first son should bear which name? Is this the first time you are seeing father and son in the same profession with the same name?

Chris Eubank and Chris Eubank jnr - boxers
Steve Collins and Steve Collins jnr - boxers
Henry Ford and Henry Ford II - Carmakers and Founders of Ford Motors
Barack Hussein Obama Sr and Barack Hussein Obama jr - politicians
Vince McMahon Sr. and Vince McMahon Jr - pioneers of wrestling promotion and founders of WWF (later WWE)

Do I go on and on to show your reasoning is without basis?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Vatod(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2020
Last last no one is holy and everyone is selfish and greedy!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Billcakes: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
No matter what they preach, it's usually a member of the family that will always take over at the end of the day.

But your assertion is not true and cannot be supported by any example as happened to any of the well known charismatic/Pentecostal churches that the founder had passed on and the mantle fell on a new leader as it happened in the Redeemed church where Pastor Adeboye succeeded the founder, and they're not related by birth at all. Bishop Oyedepo has said his children will not succeed him, really you have no grounds to dispute that, even the case of four square, the children of the founder didn't succeed him etc etc
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by ospreywin(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2020
Selah!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by MT: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2020
stagger:

Are you the one that relegated him or you are part of the inner council of the church to know this? Olofofo na im dey worry you.

I'm not ready to trade banters with you and the use of "olofofo" was so irrelevant in the context of my question. I asked a question - u may respond or Waka pass
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Sergioaguero: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
All join...

A - Z Practical Catfish Farming Ebook for Learners and Masters fish Farmers. Call/Whatsapp to order on 0.81.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4.

Package 1: N500 with no assistance.

Package 2: N1000 with assistance via phone call or chat.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by optimus106(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

Tell me the one you know that gave it to their family member

Church of god mission
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Austinoiz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

Miriam the prophetess was moses elder sister

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

James jesus brother took over the from jesus.

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

Your weed is very strong. James, Jesus brother indeed! Prophetess Miriam indeed!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by CCC2(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Its like Baba is packing his bags cool cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Okwyjesus(m): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

Don't mind the blind critics.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by hgnbello(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ur Son Take Ova Or Nt. Dey Will Still Enjoy D Church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by missjo(f): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

Be careful so you don't misinform people.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Danniedpastor(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
I've heard of a church where a drunkard in a beer palour was chosen by God to succeed a Bishop. God arrested the guy from the beer palour straight to the altar.

God can choose anyone from anywhere to lead a church in line with heaven's mandate for the church.

That's why I separate my personal business from the church. And I've told my family that the church is strictly God's business and not a money spinning venture for my family.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Menikki31: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
God is the owner of the church yet na the church money u take de build investment story tell why do you not build your university before the church y the church before the University as if no be there the money come from
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by thesicilian: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
chizidgreat:

Is that why you are getting thinner out of envy? smiley
Lol. It's hunger not envy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Bluntemperor: 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

If a God has chosen the usher , it will show in service , loyalty and in the grace upon the person. A good example is Pastor Adeboye . God didn’t choose the family member of Pa Akindayomi who was the Founder of Redeemed but rather he chose Adeboye who was serving Pa Akindayo

God bless you bro,for correction.
What God required is dedication,grace and fervent in Spirit-moving forward without looking backwards.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Bobby4090: 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Menikki31:
God is the owner of the church yet na the church money u take de build investment story tell why do you not build your university before the church y the church before the University as if no be there the money come from

The Church owns the University. Go to Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja and check the ownership of the University.
Besides, Catholic Church owns thousands of schools and Universities around the world. Were the Schools built before the Church itself?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by djon78(m): 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Any church that hands over leadership to the family of the founder is going to fizzle out, well except God reveals that that do so.

True fact
That's one of the secrets of Redeemed Church
PA Akindayomi the founder handed over to E A Adeboye who was not even among his top pastors. Look at the success it became today.

Bishop Oyedepo understands that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Odumanudo: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

I know of Church of God Mission, Benson Idahosa,
Family Worship Centre, Wuye Abuja, Mrs Anakhu
Do you want more?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Sufferingboy(f): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by viktuur(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bro you are right, where are the ministries now?The challenge was that those guys died without a plan or the BOT choose their 'own' successors
Wisdom: most people separate their personal ministry from the church:
When Adeboye retires, redeem continues, Adeboye can still preach and write books as a person not as GO, Living Faith church is different in from DOMI which pays taxes, e.t.c
Ykc2:
you dont dont need to look further, idahosa upon all his assistants pastors still they made his wife the general overseer, elochukwu iloputaife of christ victory centre abule osun he was assassinated today his wife is the G,O of the church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by viktuur(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
The question is who chose the successors?
Under what influences; reasoning or anointing?
Odumanudo:

I know of Church of God Mission, Benson Idahosa,
Family Worship Centre, Wuye Abuja, Mrs Anakhu
Do you want more?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Salt06(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Same here bro. Ive gone through the mandate. such administrative wisdom. So detailed.
Rebuke:
My love for this man is so so huge! Thank God for a man like Oyedepo.

If yhu like say whatever, I believe in the ministry of this man.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
No matter what they preach, it's usually a member of the family that will always take over at the end of the day.

Exactly. His 2 sons are pastors in the same ministry and by all accounts seem to be doing well. You think they'll give the succession to someone else?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nancy1986: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
God moves in men so no church can be like it was when the main man goes so God can pick another man another ministry to be more than winners so the church is a movement it the body of Christ
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by chizidgreat(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
grin
thesicilian:

Lol. It's hunger not envy

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by NairaMaster1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:

What about Adeboye that took over RCCG? Was RCCG founded by his father or uncle?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by NairaMaster1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
OK. One thing I know is Adeboye wasnt related to the man he succeeded. I doubt the one succeeding him will be related to him by blood. ( maybe by the blood of Jesus sha )

Non of the atheists and non Christians will look at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by oyeb15: 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Family business. Thieves.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

Of a truth nothing is wrong with it. Joel Osteen father passed him a church of 90 people. Today, the Church has grown to 90,000 people. Now, if Joel passes the Church to his son, people are going to go gaga.

Question is, why are people not angry at a pastor who has 50 members and passes it to son but would open eye when the membership is large and the founder passes it on to his on.

Personally, I'm indifferent anyway. Anyone can carry it as long as God's interest are served foremost.

Anyone cannot Carry GOD'S Business if no anything can happen!

The Ministry is the Most Delicate Assignment on Earth.. any small mistake, The Master leaves and you will be on your own..

GOD Himself will appoint who should take over! It's not anybody!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.