Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church (61149 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by eNIGERIANG: 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
DSS Bows To Pressure Gives Access to Ambrose Nwaogwugwu | e-nigeria!

e-nigeria! gathered that since his arrest on April 28, 2020, the DSS has refused access to him until his arraignment at Owerri Magistrate Court on June 5, 2020.
Nwaogwugwu was arraigned on a 7 count charge bordering on Cyber-stalking, defamation of character among others.
Although Nwaogwugwu reportedly sued the security agency, demanding N50 million compensation in a suit filed at the Federal High Court, Owerri Division, by his team of lawyers led by Chief Mike Ahamba (SAN).

He is also seeking among other prayers a declaration that his continued detention from May 28, 2020 till date is unlawful, wrongful, unconstitutional and a flagrant breach of his fundamental rights as guaranteed by the constitution of Nigeria.
Speaking recent development, Ahamba disclosed that during his last visit the DSS probably bowing to pressure from all corners granted him and his team unfettered access to Nwaogwugwu, where sundry issues bordering on Imo politics and others were discussed.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by AkhereOkaka(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

Tell me the one you know that gave it to their family member
Do you know church of God Mission International, what happened after the death of Archbishop Benson Idahosa?
Who took over tell me?

Most Pentecostal churches are one man business
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Emmanuelcann: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

The Church of God Mission?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by victorazyvictor(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Hope E.A. Adeboye dey hear am o

All this ones na formality, na still im pikin go still take over

Did Pa Adeboye tell you he is giving son?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by ibinaboonline: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Fantastic. As I read the words of the man of God I couldn't help but wonder if it isn't his own reservations about his children that led to his decision that they won't take over from him. If so, why capitalize on it and make himself look righteous and other men of God who might choose to hand over to their family look bad? Still, his decision to look elsewhere because his children are not up to the task is commendable. You nailed it though.
petra1:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

Miriam the prophetess was moses elder sister

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

James jesus brother took over the from jesus.

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by KaptainAfrika: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
All these one na yarns.

His son will still take over.

But mehn Abioye has been a loyal 2nd in command for years.

Maybe it will be a joint-ownership.

But then, you can't have two captains on a multi-billiona Naira business.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Ykc2(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
stagger:

Go and find out the story behind Mama Idahosa's ordination. She was not even in the running for that position. Before her, no woman had ever headed a church in Nigeria. I am sure you do not even know the story behind it.
if I ask you the capital of nigeria and you tell me is jalingo and i corrected by telling you is Abuja ,I believe you will tell me I dont know the reason why is nabuja >: tufia you Nigerians angry angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Temysteve(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
OK. One thing I know is Adeboye wasnt related to the man he succeeded. I doubt the one succeeding him will be related to him by blood. ( maybe by the blood of Jesus sha )
Daddy G.O always said @ workers meeting that once he leave position or died, all his children should leave their immediate post and become an ordinary member with immediate effect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by lomprico(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
HigherEd:

bishop idahosa!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by InvertedHammer: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
/
The thought of leaving all the flamboyant lifestyle to depart to the land of unknown is giving him nightmares. Between heaven and earth, he will definitely choose the earth.

If this man goes, the church will scatter. The company will be tied up in litigations and multi breakaway factions will emerge.

/

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by thundafire: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Hope E.A. Adeboye dey hear am o

All this ones na formality, na still im pikin go still take over

Who that pastor for up there, today no be Sunday o and here no be church shey you know?

But Oyedepo nothing bad if this our darling priest for Aba take over, so that e fil use the tithe money wey you te dey buy private jet, fix Aba roads wey Ikpeazu dn abandon.

just see how u dey reason
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by lomprico(m): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

see them wolves! picking out script from our holy book to buttress their criminality n greed!

Where did James take over from Jesus?
was it Miriam that took over from moses?
Aaron was a priest, tell us what the law then says about Levis?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Gbrika(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Bishop has FINISHED the whole matter and RESTING over who succeeds him when he said/wrote:

'If Church becomes your personal property, you have lost it, if it becomes your family property, it dead.'

Some of us have this mindset that the family members of the Bishop cannot attain the spiritual height of running the Winner's Chapel. If any family member attains this spiritual height to lead Winner's Chapel so be it. So long as it is not a pre-arranged thing. If going by the spiritual operation of any of the family member, he or she befits such an office God Almighty will sanctify it.

However, the Bishop has by his declaration made it known to everyone that his priority on who succeeds him is not on his immediate family members or any other church member, but the sole prerogative of the God Almighty, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Clearly because the Bishop does not want the CHURCH to be LOST or DEAD after his exit finally. And this the Bishop knows!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by oruma19: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

Moses did not Choose Aaron! GOD ALMIGHTY Chose Aaron and His Generation to Serve!

Nobody took over from JESUS.

JESUS Christ Had his Disciples who he taught and sent out to carry out the work!

If there was anyone at all we should say JESUS appointed, it should be Peter!

But I won't use that word because The Whole 12 were appointed.

u don't know Bible history, go to school and learn. James the brother of Jesus took over when Christ departed because it was their custom for a brother to take over a bride when the husband dies. The church is the bride of Christ and when he left physically, his brother had to take over leadership. Go and read and stop talking ignorance.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Solutionchima: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Much respect my papa

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Fearlez: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

How did James , Jesus's brother take after Jesus? Can you talk more on this?

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
seunlayi:
One of Covid-19 lessons
People hide from the truth
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by genkins(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Oyedepo : You don't have to be in ministry to serve God. I have been a servant of God for how long. Since 76, I have been running crusade. Who is a servant of God? Someone who is serving God's interest. I have been running crusade, open air crusade since 1976. 1977 I spoke to someone everyday about Jesus. Who is a servant of God? Someone serving Gods interest.

God : I do not know you. Now go Into the lake of fire and face eternal punishment
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
[s]
oruma19:
u don't know Bible history, go to school and learn. James the brother of Jesus took over when Christ departed because it was their custom for a brother to take over a bride when the husband dies. The church is the bride of Christ and when he left physically, his brother had to take over leadership. Go and read and stop talking ignorance.
[/s]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Solutionchima: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
The Church of God Mission?
I dont think it was papa Idahosa that made that choice cos he didnt die at old age. And there were issues then from people who came to serve opportunity. So that mistake is what papa Oyedepo is trying to correct from "THE MANDATE"

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by lozanni(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
No matter what they preach, it's usually a member of the family that will always take over at the end of the day.

Not true at all.
Read about how Pastor Adeboye became the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for more insight on this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by semyman: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
This year go rugged ooo!!!
Imagine, no more tithes and offerings to extort
Thank God first fruit was extorted before the lockdown
No more demarketing of witches and wizards that are always after non members.
No more setting children against parents that are not members
No more setting of wives against husbands that are not members
No more other peoples' wives for free browsing
No more more other members' daughters for deliverance and for free browsing
No more choir members for free browsing
No more ushers for free browsing and endless vigils
The Lord is good, all the time
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by luluosas(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Church of God Mission, and Spirit and Life Bible Church, both in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Thank you
HigherEd:

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by luluosas(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
[s]
oruma19:
[/s]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by luluosas(m): 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
I didn't see anywhere the Holy Spirit was involved in the succession process
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

Moses did not Choose Aaron! GOD ALMIGHTY Chose Aaron and His Generation to Serve!

Nobody took over from JESUS.

JESUS Christ Had his Disciples who he taught and sent out to carry out the work!

If there was anyone at all we should say JESUS appointed, it should be Peter!

But I won't use that word because The Whole 12 were appointed.

He didn't appoint Peter even if you should say or claim.

People keeping alluding to Jesus statement that upon this rock.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
oruma19:

You write all this without as much as an allusion to a scripture and you expect to be taken seriously
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
All these one na yarns.

His son will still take over.

But mehn Abioye has been a loyal 2nd in command for years.

Maybe it will be a joint-ownership.

But then, you can't have two captains on a multi-billiona Naira business.

It is this mindset that makes it impossible to have a true meaga church manned by my own Igbo brothers.

We tend to think benefit even before we see any reasonable success.

Why is the Apostolic mantle always on persons from the South west, honest heart.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Clothingonline9(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
The thought of leaving all the flamboyant lifestyle to depart to the land of unknown is giving him nightmares. Between heaven and earth, he will definitely choose the earth.

If this man goes, the church will scatter. The company will be tied up in litigations and multi breakaway factions will emerge.

/
Pure lies RCCG as example is waxing stronger a Church if God don’t break if the right thing is done Rccg is now in 200 country’s
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by winterfell007(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's a good thing they are adopting a similar style to how Roman Catholics handle the issues of secession to the Seat of the Bassilica.
Enthroned by Conclave (election) and not selection
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Temysteve:
Daddy G.O always said @ workers meeting that once he leave position or died, all his children should leave their immediate post and become an ordinary member with immediate effect.

why not now, after enjoying the immunity of their father, to get what they want....

Audio buga. most all his male children be a pastor, didn't they learn skill work Or business, didn't they went to school to have a knowledge......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.