Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,468 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Let's Fix Our Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Fix Our Country (242 Views)

FG Should Fix Our Refineries And Stop The Sharing Scams / Only Nigerians Can Fix Our Image(pictures) / You Can Trust Me, Mr Peter Obi To Fix Our Economy , Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 12, 2020
Growing up in a country like Nigeria, I saw a lot of things weren't right, and I had this desire to change things in my country. I planned to establish a militant organization that will eliminate corrupt politicians and bring people of integrity to power even if it costs their lives, but for some personal reasons, I am going to abandon that quest. One day I will be dead, but I am afraid of reincarnating in this dreadful country where nothing works if reincarnation is real, therefore we have to be the change we seek. I bring to you some policies I believe will better Nigeria if implemented. 1) No government official shall have a foreign account, citizenship or property. 2) Top government officials like the president, senators, governors and so on cannot travel abroad during or after their tenure, exceptions can be made during their tenures if it is for the good of the country and their purpose of traveling shall be evaluated and they shall be given a limited amount of time to sort things out and return to our dear country. 3) No government official shall be treated abroad, we have to work on our health sector and make it one of the best in the world. 4) Spouses or children of government officials cannot live or study abroad, we have to work on our education sector and make it one of the best in the world. 5) Looting from government officials shall not be tolerated and anybody found guilty will be stripped of all wealth and executed or sentenced to life imprisonment. 6) Spouses or children of government officials cannot have a foreign account, citizenship or property nor can massive unexplained wealth be found with them, if found guilty they shall be executed or sentenced to life imprisonment. 7) Government officials are not allowed to accumulate massive wealth or properties in Nigeria or anywhere in the world, they must use their wealth to better Nigeria and Nigerians, all their wealth except their family house shall become government property after their demise. cool Every Nigerian 18 and above must have a national ID card, and shall be traced to his or her roots, we can not continue to have illegal immigrants litter our country and vote in foolish leaders for us. 9) We have a population of over 200 million, which is a problem to us since we don't have enough jobs for them nor the economic stability to give them a better life, we must choose quality over quantity, we have to reduce our population and we will gradually do that by mandating that no one can have more than 3 children, those that disobey shall be sentenced to 5 years imprisonment with no option of bail. 10) No 10, is that this is my humble opinion and corrections are highly welcomed.
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2020
If all zones asks their senators to pass this into the constitution, corruption will be highly reduced.
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2020
Guy...., you may as well say once you become a govt official you will have no human rights.. Becos thats what you are suggesting.....
Simple solution divide the country let those that are crying foul go their seperate ways... Its not by force to stay together if its not working.... If I even have the money I will always be going outside for medicals and schooling then I will spend my hard currency here where its so powerful.... I want the best and nothing else...

The moral of the story is that there is no fixing nigeria becos it wasnt broken in the first place
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by donbachi(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2020
The politicians are not really our problems..let look at it from this angle...mr gbangbudo was elected into the state house of assembly.after 8years in office,he goes back to his village.and they will open their arms and welcome him home,with different dancing groups and cultural displays.without asking him "bros,we sent you to represent us,but,nothing to show for it".start asking them questions,hold them accountable and make them pay.by;

1: have him banished from your community
2: turn his country home into a school,factory or sell it off
3: drag him to court and have your constituency allowances recovered

By these,the next candidate.will know its no longer business as usual.
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
thariodamaniac:
Guy...., you may as well say once you become a govt official you will have no human rights.. Becos thats what you are suggesting.....
Simple solution divide the country let those
Nobody is stripping them of their human rights, we need more selfless people people in government, anybody not comfortable with it can try another career. Am also support in full support of dividing the country, the amalgamation is not working, if other tribes don't want to segregate, south east wants to segregate.
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
ralphyoung123:
Nobody is stripping them of their human rights, we need more selfless people people in government, anybody not comfortable with it can try another career. Am also support in full support of dividing the country, the amalgamation is not working, if other tribes don't want to segregate, south east wants to segregate.
them no dey write selflessness for forehead..... Its becaus of the values the "selfless" people have that makes them not to participate.... Since politics is for crooks and criminals, for the rich and those who must be voted in must use illegal means... In fact politicians are the scum of the earth... And of course they don't want to be who they hate so they avoid it altogether...... I don't blame people... But i will say this for any who cares to hear... Whoever is not interested in politics should not blame politicians for anything..
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by janjaweedism: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
You have not finished change and 4x4

You want to jump to fix

Them do you?
Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nigeria cannot be fixed!

Once majority of Nigerians understand that it'd be easier and simpler to disintegrate it.

The foundation is faulty.

We've been building on a faulty foundation from day one.

Now is the time to level the building before it crashes on all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Fix Our Country by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=thariodamaniac pos is not interested in politics should not blame politicians for anything..[/quote]The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step, evil triumphs when good people do nothing, we have to pass in laws that will better our country, if not for ourselves, at least for our children.

1 Like

Re: Let's Fix Our Country by tungamaje: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
OP, don't waste your time. No angel in human form can fix present day Nigeria. Division is the only solution. This is because if I go there, I will also pack mine as has become the norm

(1) (Reply)

Timely Advice For Ndi Igbo / Hope Uzodimma; Fidelity To The People / Saraki To Oshiomhole: You Predicted The Fall Of Others, Your Downfall Has Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.