Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us (32642 Views)

We’ll Impeach Obaseki If He Flouts Laws, Edo Assembly Faction Boasts / Obaseki: “If They Want Violence, We Will Give Them Violence” / PDP: We Are Ready To Receive Ambode If He's Sent Packing By APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Amozever12: 9:51am On Jun 13, 2020
ozento:
the court will still disqualify him even if he wins through pdp. thats the calculation. oshomole is a formidable enemy. the only option is to sopot any pdp candidate against apc.
How will d court disqualify him? The constitution accepts secondary school certificate for election and remember, everybody knows the certificate issue was witchunting against Obaseki. Oshiomolee had similar or worst certificate case using Adams Aliyu and Aliu in different certificates
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by crusufixo(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2020
Yes he can join them, but it would be a big mistake if they give him the gubernatorial ticket. APC would just present the certificate ish that got him disqualified in APC if he wins the election under PDP.......

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Hunchogee: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2020
Ekemeze:

The only state that completely destroyed godfatherism is Akwa Ibom. Akpabio was completely eliminated.
Yeah your right
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by babytoun: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2020
DDeliverer:
......this was how Edo finally returned to PDP.

It's true that OSHIOMOLE and his touts would attempt to rig but if I was Obaseki, days before the election I make an announcement that anyone who attempts to rig would lose his life just like Buhari did.

There would be security everywhere and anybody that does anyhow would see anyhow.

The people love obaseki and the people hate godfatherism.

Edo is now PDP.

who controls the police ? state governor or Abuja?

you don't understand how Nigeria works
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by popez: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2020
Yebosola:

Forget Oshio, open your eyes and see the big picture, Obaseki offended his party elders, what of the 14 legislators he refused to swear in? A tree can't make a forest, you people are just shouting Oshio, Kabaka and his boys are waiting for him, all relevant security are under APC, he is a gonner

You also seem to have forgotten that Obaseki's deputy isn't a 'gentleman politician'.

Oshiomhole won't have all the security apparatus under his control because a good number of APC bigwigs are in support of Obaseki, and they won't fold their hands and watch Oshiomhole hijack everything.

El rufai has a point to prove.
Obaseki has the backing of El rufai
El rufai is Fulani
Almost all the security outfits in this country are in the hands of Hausa/fulani

The days ahead will be very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Aladdin1(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2020
CreekCommando:
One Oloriburuku gal for Ikotun this morning just gave me her phone number ''siro hate siro hate hate sewun tiri sewun sewun hate''.
I asked her: Why do you have so many ''hate'' in your number? And she smiled and said: na god oh..! grin grin
When I got home, I discovered that the digits were 10 instead of 11. Please, can anyone here help me with the missing digit?
The remaining digit must be "hate"

1 Like

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by 9gerian: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2020
If this is the truth, then Obaseki may have mismanaged his row with Oshiomole. This is in spite of perhaps wanting to put the Edo people first.

Leadership is all about influence and the opportunity to lead. And like FFK asserted: do not bite the finger that fed you.

Understanding this principle, David refused to kill Saul even when he knew Saul wouldn’t spare him if the opportunity presented itself.

PIMPAR:
Yes, they need to sale more form and they need more liability in the dead PDP party

In the 2016 Edo Governorship election that brought Obaseki to office, he (Obaseki) lost to the PDP’s candidate (Pastor Ize Iyamu) in his Ward, Local Government Area and Senatorial district.
The then National Chairman of the APC (Chief Oyegun) also lost woefully to PDP in his polling unit, Ward, Local Government and Senatorial district.
In fact, it was the massive votes that H. E., Comrade Adams Oshiomole turned out from his Edo North Senatorial district that made Godwin Obaseki to win the 2016 Edo Governorship election.
Therefore, before we begin overate a looser, let’s go back to our archives and do a SWOT analysis of the situation then and now, vis-a-vis the major characters. This, I am sure is what the PDP will be doing over this weekend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2020
LabDNA:
Edo was traditionally PDP before Oshiohmole played Edo people 419 with his wayo politics via 'labour alutarism'.

Edo will join it's sister start Delta in the PDP family. No amount of rigging should will prevail. Obaseki should go and learn from Wike how to deal with ballot box snatchers and APC thugs. Show them no mercy.

That is the only way out. A country that celebrates election rigging and manipulations! Useless country!
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by duwdu: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2020
fuke:

You are very apt.
where was he expecting te votes?
Those 14 constituencies he denied will vote against him
and not necessarily because they like whoever APC presents.

If PDP gives him the ticket and wins, APC will
kick him out in the tribunal with the certificate hassles they
used to disqualify him.

As it is Obaseki is a political liability who will distort the balance
sheet of any political party that welcomes him.

Head or tail, Obaseki is a gonner politically.

The lessons here are legeon.
1.Those who live in glass houses dont thorw stones.
2. You never bite the finger that fed you.
3. You dont overshine the master.
4. When you are fighting, know when to retreat.
5.You dont fight too many battles at a time. Obasekis problem
was not only with Ashiomole but many party leaders including
the 14 HAS members he denied their chairs in the house.
6. Money may not matter at times but Omoluabi.
7, Any river that forgets its source will dry up.

I detest ingrates and traitors with a passion which
makes me not to have a drop of tear for Obaseki.

Bye Bye ingrate ingrate-in-Chief.

Correct.

P34c3
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by nzeobi(m): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Thothafx:

You people should stop making noise about this 2 senators story. There is no way PDP would have won Edo South senatorial district (even the margin was very slim) without Ize-Iyamu.

Guess what, Ize-Iyamu is now in APC. Obaseki can't defeat combination of Oshiomole and Ize-Iyamu in Edo.
PDP is strong in Edo state and ize iyamu benefit from that, let ize iyamu go to APGA let's see how far his popularity is.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Somodooo: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2020
Bighead9:

This is an Igbo man.

If I'm a Politician, I'll run like a wind if Igbo's support my candidature. History always repeat itself whenever they throw their weight behind a particular Candidate.

If i lie, ask Goodluck Jonathan, Ojukwu, Atiku and Obaseki. grin grin grin grin grin
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 2
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Lodikero: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2020
I really Pity Obaseki, he should just stay in APC jejely and negotiate a favourable landing place for himself, because if he decamps and losses, he would be probed beyond imaginations.

He shouldn't have gone that length of trying to clip the fingers that fed you.

������

1 Like

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by frog12: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2020
hsc was form 6.
and what certificate were you given after? higher school or high school leaving certificate?
i believe that system was ended for JSS and SSS 6 year system.

sulaak:

In the 1960s to 1981 the school systems were five years O' Level and two years HSC only the smartest Nigerians entered Unversity.

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by frog12: 10:27am On Jun 13, 2020
you are telling me he steals ?? if thats the case, why should we support him?

Lodikero:
I really Pity Obaseki, he should just stay in APC jejely and negotiate a favourable landing place for himself, because if he decamps and losses, he would be probed beyond imaginations.

������
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Femeto: 10:27am On Jun 13, 2020
Ambode had the opportunity to do this but he was promised heaven and earth. They would make him a minister. He got nothing. Obaseki don't be an Ambode move to PDP to actualize your dreams. APC is a yahoo yahoo party.

1 Like

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Femeto: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2020
Lodikero:

������
He would get nothing. He should decamp.
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by idahme(m): 10:31am On Jun 13, 2020
Thothafx:

You people should stop making noise about this 2 senators story. There is no way PDP would have won Edo South senatorial district (even the margin was very slim) without Ize-Iyamu.

Guess what, Ize-Iyamu is now in APC. Obaseki can't defeat combination of Oshiomole and Ize-Iyamu in Edo.

Is it iyamo that has been winning elections for PDP in Edinburgh since 1999? U display ur ignorance with so much pride.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by fredoooooo: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Pdp is.now a Refugee camp grin
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Theoarhics: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Quelme:
the 80% in your village abi?

Don't be ignorant my dear.
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by duwdu: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2020
Yebosola:

Forget Oshio, open your eyes and see the big picture, Obaseki offended his party elders, what of the 14 legislators he refused to swear in? A tree can't make a forest, you people are just shouting Oshio, Kabaka and his boys are waiting for him, all relevant security are under APC, he is a gonner

You're correct, IMHO. Obaseki and his cohorts have tried very hard to blunt out the formidable political forces against them, by always focusing on/singling out Oshiomhole. So far, it appears that strategy has not worked.

P34c3
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by idahme(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2020
Autotech312:

Which people love obaseki? Obaseki that cannot deliver his polling unit in the last presidential election. Many of you will nearly commit suicide when the result is out.

"he can't deliver " the guy na woman wey want born pikin? Why will he deliver when the pikiin wey Dey belle no fine even with the drugs wey him they take to make am fine... Na wey him carry pikin wey fine for belle, him go deliver wella....
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by uniqueboi1(m): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2020
Teddyg2:
Decamp and got probe. sad

Check wetin you type... E make sense to you? Okay after you probe what next?
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Kennydoc(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2020
Pr0cter:
What do you expect?

PDP sef need to cash out from Obaseki loot in his time as a governor so they will definitely accept him knowing fully well that he won't win.

Federal power will hijack Edo state election, making it easy for APC to win

And the federal power couldn't hijack Rivers and Akwa Ibom despite all Amaechi and Akpabio did? If Obaseki decamps and fails to use his power as the Chief Security Officer of the state to bring himself back to power, then shame on him.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by RTSC: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2020
Obakashdee:
Political death if he should go to pdp
Tell that to ortom and tambuwal.
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by RTSC: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Kennydoc:

And the federal power couldn't hijack Rivers and Akwa Ibom despite all Amaechi and Akpabio did? If Obaseki decamps and fails to use his power as the Chief Security Officer of the state to bring himself back to power, then shame on him.
Even if he doesn't even get pdp nomination, he should as governor ensure that the apc rigging machinery is utterly frustrated at the election.

Once pdp wins, oshiomhole is finished in edo state.
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by 1972xy: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://thenationonlineng.net/well-admit-obaseki-says-pdp/
It is the APC prayer that Obaseki is accepted and made the Pdp candidate.
Obaseki will not go far even if he eventually wins the election. The fake certificate he is parading would not allow him to go far.
The Apc will exploit every that error in his certificate to collect the the mandate from him.
Obaseki is finished politically. The earlier he realise this the better for him. You dont bite the finger that fed you.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by samdaisi: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2020
I could foresee large people decamping from Obaseke camps to join Oshomole most especially towards the end of his government.
Again, I could see that Obaseke is having issues with allocation until all the 14 law makers are inaugurated.
Lastly,I could see pending issues on court that delay and denied Obaseke from federal government allocation
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Kennydoc(m): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2020
RTSC:

Even if he doesn't even get pdp nomination, he should as governor ensure that the apc rigging machinery is utterly frustrated at the election.

Once pdp wins, oshiomhole is finished in edo state.

Exactly. He can strike a deal with PDP to make sure APC's rigging machinery is brought down or at least matched number for number, fire for fire.
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by RTSC: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Kennydoc:

Exactly. He can strike a deal with PDP to make sure APC's rigging machinery is brought down or at least matched number for number, fire for fire.
He has nothing to lose.

That is the best thing.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by duwdu: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2020
idahme:

Is it iyamo that has been winning elections for PDP in Edinburgh since 1999? U display ur ignorance with so much pride.

No, it wasn't Iyamu, indeed, from 1999 until March, 2015; it was all blatant matchfixing, TBH, and as kindly attested to in-between by Yar'adua, after he was "elected" in that "do or die" election by Obasanjo. However, all that changed from March, 2015 with the introduction of the Card Reader. That measure significantly curtailed blatant rigging, and political contests have since been somewhat more representative of the actual intent and will of voters.

Having said the above, it's not yet Uhuru for elections in Nigeria. Hopefully, the next round of legislation on election reforms, fixes things some more. I think that's the kind of incremental improvements our kind of multicultural society should keep striving for.

P34c3
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Burgerlomo: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2020
brainpulse:
PDP useless Party that celebrates left overs. He will loose heavily at the poll with the way he deprived the 14 state house of reps of their mandate, and in the tribunal with the certificate issue

You have no party structure, no political base different from the man that brought you in and no known grassroots network but you wanted to remove a whole national party chairman and band him from coming to his own state. Yet you wanted the party ticket, who does that and goes free?

We told him, dont dance to the beat of IPOB supporters edging you into the path of failure, the end is destruction

Bitter truth, don't bite the fingers that feeds you. cool
Re: PDP: We Will Admit Obaseki If He Decides To Join Us by Pr0cter: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
Kennydoc:

He needs to fight back himself to power else he political career is over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim / Senate Begins Investigation Of Dino Melaye Over Alleged Certificate Scandal / Indigenes Of Abuja Go Unclad In Protest For Slot Of Permanent Secretary. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.