Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) (98524 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! / Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:05am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:
I haven't seen scorpion as big as this before
the camera was zoomed

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Ray07(m): 6:11am On Jun 14, 2020
This is an emperor scorpion, It is one of the largest scorpions in the world.
It will rarely sting or pinch unless it's feeling threatened. Their sting is like a bee sting.
I once caught one bigger than this.

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Ospic2014: 6:15am On Jun 14, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]not to late . Find the herb and call me 08030090094
daddytime:
Deadly shiit

But my family get the anti-venom and treatment. Sadly, religion and age prevented me from asking to be shown the herbs those days in the village.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by August25: 6:21am On Jun 14, 2020
I killed this on the road to my house

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by goldensoul55: 6:39am On Jun 14, 2020
You are. Dirty .
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 6:42am On Jun 14, 2020
daddytime:
Deadly shiit

But my family get the anti-venom and treatment. Sadly, religion and age prevented me from asking to be shown the herbs those days in the village.
Better go back and learn it.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by typicalgamer(m): 6:43am On Jun 14, 2020
themonk:
Don’t eat that thing undecided
help me beg OP before he go start to light stove
next Na SCOPIO-19 go knack us
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Sotland: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2020
The anti-venom is common and in every household.. Nothing special there.

daddytime:
Deadly shiit

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by saucecode(m): 6:49am On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Every scorpion has a venomous sting, a few are LETHAL.
Google has really tried for you

6 Likes

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by golii: 6:49am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:
I found this giant scorpion on my wardrobe this morning, I had to search for the right section to post it using "snake" as a keyword so I was directed to celebrities section.

Now I understand why snake threads make fp, snakes are celebrities on nairaland.

Too much of Mortal Kombat games I guess. Maybe scorpion decided to appear. Just kidding hope you killed it sha? Chei e big o.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Mrkcee(m): 6:51am On Jun 14, 2020
layzie:

Insecticides may not kill scorpions cos they are not insects. They are arachnids.
Sniper kills all insects, arachnids, reptiles (snakes inclusive, through suffocation), as well as humans (through suffocation, not consumption alone), etc

3 Likes

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Emmacolinho(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Lanretoye:
You live ina zuu?
Yes! Nizooria to be precise
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by 7abibi(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2020
CANDYDADDY:

[url][/url]
Apc is deadlier than that thing
Awujale of Ijebu Land is coming for you bcoz of this mem
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Udometuk5103(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Everyone should learn to fumigate his/her apartment at an interval of ninety days or less. It's for our good especially to guard against such attacking kids in the house.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:14am On Jun 14, 2020
descartes400:
Here's one I saw on a tarred road within my office location....I snapped it...used a stick to pick it up from the road so it doesn't get ran over, it was finding it difficult to climb over the pavement into shrubs to hide...so...I helped it. ..it was a very black scorpion.
I've never seen this specie before in Nigeria..the one the Op posted is quite common.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Venomous scorpions aren't found in this part of the world. This one can only give you a painful sting.
Even around the globe 97% of scorpion can't kill an adult human...most fatalities are from little children below 4 years.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Depressed101: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2020
themonk:
Don’t eat that thing undecided
do they eat scorpion before? undecided
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Depressed101: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2020
DICKstractor:
Scorpion pepper soup loading...
pepper soup wetin? undecided

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2020
IBvoss:
OP, be thanking your god for your life. That is a fat-tailed scorpion, the most dangerous scorpion species in the world with potent venom that can easily kill humans. One way to know if a scorpion is dangerous is by looking at its pincers and tail. Scorpions with large claws and small tails rely more on their claws for catching prey and thereby have weaker venoms and smaller tails. Scorpions with large tails and small pincers are very dangerous as they have a strong venom which they primarily use to kill their prey than their claws.
That specie can't kill the Op..it's venom is not potent enough...a little child,maybe.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by ejanla077: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Olamilekxy:

Did he mention any where in the post that he want to eat it?
The guy is right nairalanders and families can eat anything
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by cRobo: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Orire01:
This is serious.

I still sell affordable laptops.
Details on my signature
do you have HP envy?
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Grandmeister:

Even around the globe 97% of scorpion can't kill an adult human...most fatalities are from little children below 4 years.
Exactly. I don't know how we just grew up with the mindset that scorpions are deadlier than snakes

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Olamilekxy:

Did he mention any where in the post that he want to eat it?
we know as e de go for this side... Anything people kill they automatically turn to pepper soup.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by youthsinitiativ(m): 7:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Sotland:
The anti-venom is common and in every household.. Nothing special there.

What gibberish is this one spewing here.

Who asked you, or am I in competition you in any way?

Get the eff off my mentions dummy.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by youthsinitiativ(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

oga you are stupid

one day your people that sabi the thing well will all be gone and you will regret it

Exactly the same way you greet your parents you asswipe.

May Dangote trailer crush you and yours to death from this mouth I haven't brushed this early morning.

May Ogun wipe y'all off the face of the earth, you dreg of the earth.

Nothing good shall come out from your stable, you piece of horse shiit.

Thunder fire you.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Horokrox: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:
I found this giant scorpion on my wardrobe this morning, I had to search for the right section to post it using "snake" as a keyword so I was directed to celebrities section.

Now I understand why snake threads make fp, snakes are celebrities on nairaland.
@AkeentechWow! shocked This scorpion specimen you sampled probably is a Desert Fat-tailed Scorpion (Androctonus Australis) native to parts of North Africa,Middle East and occasionally found in parts of West Africa known for it's potent venom and commonly sold in the Exotic trade on Arachnids

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by bizhop01: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Another stupid post
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2020
techmo:
cut its stingers, dry it and smoke it
And use it for what?
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:

Baba use snipper and "flit" (preferably Read a Dream) take double scan your wardrobe and entire room.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Horokrox: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2020
Ray07:
This is an emperor scorpion, It is one of the largest scorpions in the world.
It will rarely sting or pinch unless it's feeling threatened. Their sting is like a bee sting.
I once caught one bigger than this.
@Rayo07 That's not an Emperor Scorpion (Pandinus Imperator) but probably a Desert Fat-tailed Scorpion (Androctonus Australis) as the Emperor Scorpion (Pandinus Imperator) has very large pedipalps but not a fat tail unlike the Desert Fat-tailed Scorpion (Androctonus Australis) which is venomous
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2020
[s]
Mokason28:
Food is served... Roast it and eat it for dinner grin
On a serious note please move out of Ajegunle ... relocate to the North or East... Westside is HELL
[/s]

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Horokrox: 8:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
You see scorpions with small pincers; be wary of them! They are more venomous than the big black scorpions with large pincers.

You're right especially when this specimen sampled is probably the Desert Fat-tailed Scorpion (Androctonus Australis) which inhabits parts of North Africa and the Middle East and occasionally found in parts of West Africa and known for it's potent venom

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hungry Monkeys Storm Streets In Thailand, Fight Over Food / Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.