Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) (98547 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! / Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by trutht828: 12:59am On Jun 14, 2020
daddytime:
Deadly shiit

But my family get the anti-venom and treatment. Sadly, religion and age prevented me from asking to be shown the herbs those days in the village.

How does religion affect knowledge about herbs? Any pastor that tells you it is a sin to know such things is preaching heresy to you.

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Villain7: 1:03am On Jun 14, 2020
I have seen and I ran from it. In fact, the one I saw was Black.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by silverkings: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2020
ruggedtimi:
I have never seen a scorpion before and always argued there is no scorpion in nigeria. This post has proven me wrong!
see this one oo. Scorpion dey ooooo
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by silverkings: 1:29am On Jun 14, 2020
One4me:

Haaa! dis one cary BICEPS like Dwain! shocked shocked angry
hahahah
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by akeentech(m): 1:31am On Jun 14, 2020
bbstarr:
You saw this in ikire?

You eh,
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 1:42am On Jun 14, 2020
You should give God a testimony ,this thing is deadly.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by youthsinitiativ(m): 2:07am On Jun 14, 2020
daddytime:
Deadly shiit

But my family get the anti-venom and treatment. Sadly, religion and age prevented me from asking to be shown the herbs those days in the village.

For those asking what has religion got to do with it, I was just a kid still under dad's care, and he was an orthodox pastor.

You then can imagine how we were forbidden so many things and people seen as ungodly.

We talking Deeper Life of the late 70s and early 80s here.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Adespoke: 2:40am On Jun 14, 2020
It it adviceable you disinfect your surrounds .i can recommence a very good fumigation company if you are staying in Ikorodu
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by revolt(m): 2:41am On Jun 14, 2020
This cannot kill a human. Just a very painful sting.

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Openbusiness: 3:03am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:
I found this giant scorpion on my wardrobe this morning, I had to search for the right section to post it using "snake" as a keyword so I was directed to celebrities section.

Now I understand why snake threads make fp, snakes are celebrities on nairaland.
shocked Which area do u live pls?
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 3:04am On Jun 14, 2020
IBvoss:
OP, be thanking your god for your life. That is a fat-tailed scorpion, the most dangerous scorpion species in the world with potent venom that can easily kill humans. One way to know if a scorpion is dangerous is by looking at its pincers and tail. Scorpions with large claws and small tails rely more on their claws for catching prey and thereby have weaker venoms and smaller tails. Scorpions with large tails and small pincers are very dangerous as they have a strong venom which they primarily use to kill their prey than their claws.
Tell them..oo.De people above dere said scorpion can't kill human being.Shioorr!
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 3:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Kubernetes:

Mine was just last April.
I killed it and rush to a nurse who injected my finger with zylocain...Pain so started at stung time and subsided after about 15hrs.
15hrs? Truly de thing can kill a human being.I don't believe someone people up dere telling us scorpion is not deadly to humans.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Openbusiness: 3:23am On Jun 14, 2020
qdlegrand:

You never enter ilorin be that
But why giant scorpions come dey Ilorin? The biggest scorpions have ever seen in my life. They were so big, as in like Nokia 3310 kind of big, very black and plenty. Coming out at night like an army. With big claws. And they were fearless. Na wa! I was just wondering and cracking my head, because the place was not a jungle na, how come grin
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Lambarry1: 3:24am On Jun 14, 2020
With that size ....if that thing stings you, you will be stone dead in less than 5 minutes if you dont get instant antivenom.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 3:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Eat it raw so anubis can grant u the power of the Scorpion King grin

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by stainbaba(m): 3:56am On Jun 14, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Scorpion Wey Get 6 packs
This Scorpion Na Agbero

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:25am On Jun 14, 2020
daddytime:
Deadly shiit

oga you are stupid

one day your people that sabi the thing well will all be gone and you will regret it
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by layzie: 4:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Mrkcee:
This scorpion is huge. OP u have to search around for it's scorplings (Babies). There's a likelihood there's more within. Use strong insecticide like Sniper in that entire room ASAP!

Insecticides may not kill scorpions cos they are not insects. They are arachnids.

3 Likes

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by seangy4konji: 4:51am On Jun 14, 2020
abeg which kain scorpion be this weh build like buhari chest...
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by ifnyioj22(m): 5:03am On Jun 14, 2020
ruggedtimi:
I have never seen a scorpion before and always argued there is no scorpion in nigeria. This post has proven me wrong!
go to north and see different species of scorpions! Especially university of maiduguri (Borno)
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Wisedove(m): 5:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Just put this thing inside bottle with a whole alligator pepper, add gin to it and start drinking every morning.
If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 5:32am On Jun 14, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Scorpion Wey Get 6 packs
This Scorpion Na Agbero

I just tire for you grin
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 5:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Olamilekxy:

Did he mention any where in the post that he want to eat it?
he know he country people cheesy
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Johnkassy(m): 5:35am On Jun 14, 2020
shocked omo , did u trash it off? Scientist, dey find scorpion nah. Worth $37m.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 5:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Tonnyray:
Got stung by one 2 years ago.
That sh!t was fvcking painful.
is it possible to die from the sting? Did you take any antidote?
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Azatitebi(m): 5:42am On Jun 14, 2020
Village people
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 5:47am On Jun 14, 2020
You see scorpions with small pincers; be wary of them! They are more venomous than the big black scorpions with large pincers.
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Tonnyray:
Got stung by one 2 years ago.
That sh!t was fvcking painful.
Stings like hot charcoal
Re: Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:03am On Jun 14, 2020
akeentech:
I haven't seen scorpion as big as this before
Camera effect, in the real, it's not that big.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hungry Monkeys Storm Streets In Thailand, Fight Over Food / Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.