Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital (572 Views)

How Can I Start A Career In Academics? / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am currently employed but Inhave always had plans to work for a couple of years and start up my own business which I would eventually focus on full time.

I have been able to save up a little in excess of N1 million in about 2 years.

While I don't plan to quit my job just yet, I intend to start up a business (side hustle) which I hope will eventually grow to become my mainstay.

I need advise on viable business(es) I can start up in Lagos that would not adversely affect my job.

Thank you all in anticipation of your helpful suggestions.

PS: I work with a financial institution and I am quite constrained for time on weekdays

@1forall @CrazyMan @Lalasticlala kindly help give visibility to the post. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2020
With a little less than 150k you can start up something which will yield 200% in about 8 months. It's not a get rich quick scheme. You can get info about it and if you are interested it's fine. You can reach me dominusprime4@gmail.com. if you like it you can put in as much as you like.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2020
Alexious:
Am looking for investment in my brt bus transport business in Abuja. Do u want to invest? I have a detailed business plan and financial projection. We could also partner.

How does that work?

Please send a DM, I'd like to hear more about it, I might be interested.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2020
DominusPrime:
With a little less than 150k you can start up something which will yield 200% in about 8 months. It's not a get rich quick scheme. You can get info about it and if you are interested it's fine. You can reach me dominusprime4@gmail.com. if you like it you can put in as much as you like.

Thank you, I'll reach out.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Alexious(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

How does that work?

Please send a DM, I'd like to hear more about it, I might be interested.

Ok. I just did
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Xristars(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2020
Money is meant for three things:
Spending
saving
investing.
With your job nature. You should go for investing.
When you are ready to retire, you can start a business, business is never a side hustle my Broda. its a main hustle. Unless na biscuits you want sell.
Invest in existing businesses. Shares, real estate, farm investment etc. I wish I can advice you more. But try and read this book " rich dad poor dad". your eyes will open

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by gentlestdude(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:
Hello everyone,

I am currently employed but Inhave always had plans to work for a couple of years and start up my own business which I would eventually focus on full time.

While I don't plan to quit my job just yet, I intend to start up a business (side hustle) which I hope will eventually grow to become my mainstay.

I need advise on viable business(es) I can start up in Lagos that would not adversely affect my job.

PS: I work with a financial institution and I am quite constrained for time on weekdays

@1forall @CrazyMan @Lalasticlala kindly help give visibility to the post. Thanks
i'm a business enthusiast, some years back I developed a nice business concept that will make customers come back to your shop
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
gentlestdude:
OP I'm a barber and business enthusiast, some years back I developed a nice business concept that will make customers come back to your shop thus inviting new customers, if you can invest in a unisex salon I can partner with you and promise you won't regret investing. I will only share this business idea if you're willing to do this.

Are you based in Lagos?

Can we talk more about it via email or other channels?
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
Alexious:

Ok. I just did

Yeah...I replied

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2020
Xristars:
Money is meant for three things:
Spending
saving
investing.
With your job nature. You should go for investing.
When you are ready to retire, you can start a business, business is never a side hustle my Broda. its a main hustle. Unless na biscuits you want sell.
Invest in existing businesses. Shares, real estate, farm investment etc. I wish I can advice you more. But try and read this book " rich dad poor dad". your eyes will open

Hmmm...thanks a lot for the advise.

I have actually read the book some years back and will be revisiting it again.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by gentlestdude(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

Are you based in Lagos?

Can we talk more about it via email or other channels?
Yes I can send you a pm now, it's linked to my email address.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Xristars(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

Hmmm...thanks a lot for the advise.

I have actually read the book some years back and will be revisiting it again.
good. Wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Alexious(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

Yeah...I replied

I just responded to your hello. Kindly help with your email address to forward the plan.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by CrazyMan(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:
Hello everyone,

Where are you based?
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
gentlestdude:
Yes I can send you a pm now, it's linked to my email address.

Okay. I'll be expecting
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
CrazyMan:

Where are you based?

I stay in Lagos
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
Alexious:

I just responded to your hello. Kindly help with your email address to forward the plan.

The address I responded with is my email. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by PoeticMind: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
Xristars:

good. Wish you luck.

Thanks
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Alexious(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

noted.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Alexious(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
PoeticMind:

yahoomail is down. pls send me a message on 1707solutions@gmail.com
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Invest that money instead. There are online options for you like risevest and investbamboo where you could invest your money in dollars.

Forget about business in Nigeria. It's not as easy as you think.
Re: Advice Needed: What Viable Businesses Can I Start-up With A N1million Capital by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2020
PoeticMind:

Thank you, I'll reach out.
Hi. Did u send me a mail?

(1) (Reply)

Https://www.upload-4ever.com/8k48n4ufknvz / After Studying Mechanical Engineering, What Next?? / If You Do Not Start Saving Until 45, You Will Need To Save Three Times As Much A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.