Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. (3161 Views)

I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera / Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by rationalhuman(m): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
I knew this would happen, in advance i arranged one Note 8 Pro from India , in march.

DragnetisaKuk:

It's not just Xiaomi. It affected a lot of brands, especially those with factories in red zones in India. The Redmi Note 8 is still a good buy but if you can get a Redmi Note 8 Pro for cheap, you won't be missing out on much.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by edoairways: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Crownedjon:
for the first time am liking your comment even for being reasonable...
grin grin cheesy It is what it is is
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by WalkerMichael(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Still my next dream device. 6 Pro to note 9s..
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by fibonacci2526: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
bastien:
we understand dollar to naira issues, but trust me Nigerians marketers will do anything to inflate price and term it was pandemic or naira falling... Check slot, even the phones at stock all hiked in price.

Those phone doesn't worth that price, be it price depreciation, if only all Nigerians will join me and backslide feom purchasing the phone for now.

They know we all still gonna buy no matter the price range, go on twitter and see how people are complaining or their fb page.

Why should some one that need the phone right now and have the money back out from buying? undecided
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
ddjay:

See jumia price, i think some politicians are now cutting their own share as import proceeds. Imagine a small phone like galaxy m11 for 62k, a30s that not more than 75k last year is almost 100k now, m30s was 74k early this year now almost 130k. the prices are generally high

You understand that if xioami decides to open an outlet in Nigeria then the price of their phones will become more expensive than those bought from AliExpress or other online stores. They will have to pay tax, employ Nigerians which they will pay and then offer after sales services. To recoup their money the price of their devices will have to be adjusted. This is what tecno have bee doing dormant years and why their phones are pricier than those bought from online shops.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by bastien: 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Why should some one that need the phone right now and have the money back out from buying? undecided
boss I have been using Xiaomi since 2016 Redmi Note 7 I bought last year from China was the biggest mistake I did, I should have been patient instead I thought I have the money and spent 81k on the phone, when the company finally enter Nigeria market it was far lesser, everybody was happy that the midrange MI is here, first Bleep up, Xiaomi started paying twitter influencer who knows nothing about Xiaomi or phone, while the sellers here were left to officially promote the company. Now they have joined the likes of Tec and Inf to hike prices cause Nigerians mumu no dey ever do. I'm a big Samsung fan boy and I have never used one, any phone above 80k is a no for me, if person ask me how much I buy, I will definitely lie, I know where I dey stay na phone thieves and bully full am.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by fibonacci2526: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2020
bastien:
boss I have been using Xiaomi since 2016 Redmi Note 7 I bought last year from China was the biggest mistake I did, I should have been patient instead I thought I have the money and spent 81k on the phone, when the company finally enter Nigeria market it was far lesser, everybody was happy that the midrange MI is here, first Bleep up, Xiaomi started paying twitter influencer who knows nothing about Xiaomi or phone, while the sellers here were left to officially promote the company. Now they have joined the likes of Tec and Inf to hike prices cause Nigerians mumu no dey ever do. I'm a big Samsung fan boy and I have never used one, any phone above 80k is a no for me, if person ask me how much I buy, I will definitely lie, I know where I dey stay na phone thieves and bully full am.

cheesy cheesy but someone is selling the 4/64gb for ₦80k Na, y not buy that one as it is nearly similar to the launch price?
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by bastien: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

cheesy cheesy but someone is selling the 4/64gb for ₦80k Na, y not buy that one as it is nearly similar to the launch price?
I see am, just like I'm not moving forward na, na 6/128 dey my agenda
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
edoairways:
@NikeMi1 the devaluation of naira is responsible for such hike ,this isn't perculiar to xiaomi alone

Wow! You can make good comments shocked. Is God not good? Lol.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by genius43(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mustiboy:

Considering our economy, they could have given us the Redmi Note 9 instead of the Redmi Note 9s. The Note 9 launched at $140 for the 4/64gb version.

R10x 4G launched at $140 in China not the Global RN9
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by natsuDragneel: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nellsworld:

Realme phones aren't cheap internationally, X2 is above 100k for new one on Aliexpress

Lol bros
You no search well
You can get X2 for as low as 82k on some stores in AliExpress
There's one or two in my cart at the moment with 84$ DHL shipping as the only available option
2 weeks ago, AliExpress standard shipping was available for 6$ or so

So Na the imposed DHL shipping be problem
Some are not even shipping to Nigeria for now
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Nellsworld(m): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
natsuDragneel:

Lol bros
You no search well
You can get X2 for as low as 82k on some stores in AliExpress
There's one or two in my cart at the moment with 84$ DHL shipping as the only available option
2 weeks ago, AliExpress standard shipping was available for 6$ or so

So Na the imposed DHL shipping be problem
Some are not even shipping to Nigeria for now
When ordering, do u only calculate the phone price or the total sum, is the total sum you should be calculating and also add custom fees too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Unboxing And Camera Comparison With Samsung A52 (photos) / Please How Can I Change Or Remove This From My Phone / White Blackberry Torch For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.