Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. (3163 Views)

I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera / Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by NikeMi1(f): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Nigeria launched the price of the long awaited Redmi Note 9s and the price is too damn expensive and way out of my budget

Why Xiaomi why!!!!!��������������������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by dustmalik: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
Blame the exchange rate. Four months ago it would have cost far less.

17 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by dyfaze: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
I know someone that sells 4gb/64gb 85k, and 6gb/128gb 100k. Brand new in Lagos.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Elslim: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
NikeMi1:
Xiaomi Nigeria launched the price of the long awaited Redmi Note 9s and the price is too damn expensive and way out of my budget

Blame d weakness of your Naira.

12 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by ddjay: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
NikeMi1:

See jumia price, i think some politicians are now cutting their own share as import proceeds. Imagine a small phone like galaxy m11 for 62k, a30s that not more than 75k last year is almost 100k now, m30s was 74k early this year now almost 130k. the prices are generally high

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
Naira depreciation or not. This is damn too expensive.

I thought every market is supposed to have its own respective price; for example, look at how cheap this same device is in China compared to Europe.

Xiaomi really messed up here. The 4/64 version of the RN9 should cost nothing more than 70K. Imagine how long I waited for this device.

I have no choice but to go for the MI9t or Realme X2 then.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Dozzyalive: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hello buddies...is it true that Redmi Note 9 will not be hitting Nigerian shelves

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by NikeMi1(f): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
REALME will just steal their loyal customers ooh
Mustiboy:

I thought every market is supposed to have its own respective price; for example, look at how cheap this same device is in China compared to Europe.

Xiaomi really messed up here. The 4/64 version of the RN9 should cost nothing more than 70K. Imagine how long I waited for this device.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by NikeMi1(f): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
cry
dyfaze:
I know someone that sells 4gb/64gb 85k, and 6gb/128gb 100k. Brand new in Lagos.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by NikeMi1(f): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
Honestly... I don't know but be positive and patient
Dozzyalive:
Hello buddies...is it true that Redmi Note 9 will not be hitting Nigerian shelves
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by WHITELIGHTER: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Very misleading topic....
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Jemerson: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Dozzyalive:

You can order from Timbuktu or ougadougou

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Jemerson: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

As if you can afford the realme
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Jemerson:

As if you can afford the realme
Yes, the realme is costlier, but it's worth my money, same as the mi 9t. I just have to up my budget a bit.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Dozzyalive: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
NikeMi1:
Honestly... I don't know but be positive and patient
Thanks bro. I am optimistic.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Dozzyalive: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Jemerson:

You can order from Timbuktu or ougadougou

grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by edoairways: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

You can't compare the price of China where it is being assembled to Africa and Europe whether it is sold. There are other costs that are incurred before they get to Africa

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by abumeinben(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
So you left the quarrel in Aso Rock to blaming Xiaomi phones that didn't devalue your Naira?

All these infinx marketers should get a cleaning job with Lagos state government.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by fibonacci2526: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

You are really being unrealistic with this pricing. Even before the naira crumbled, the launch price was around $200 which translates to ₦72000. Now you have not added other costs they will incur,these people have staff to pay and other over head costs. Let's be realistic pls.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

They don't manufacture in Nigeria like they do in China. Also, given the pandemic, their plants in India are only manufacturing at 40% capacity and an increased production cost.

I feel your pain bro, truly. Hopefully when the economy stabilizes and the virus is gone prices will come to normalcy.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by edoairways: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
@NikeMi1 the devaluation of naira is responsible for such hike ,this isn't perculiar to xiaomi alone

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

They don't manufacture in Nigeria like they do in China. Also, given the pandemic, their plants in India are only manufacturing at 40% capacity and an increased production cost.

I feel your pain bro, truly. Hopefully when the economy stabilizes and the virus is gone prices will come to normalcy.

I hope so.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Nellsworld(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

Realme phones aren't cheap internationally, X2 is above 100k for new one on Aliexpress
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

I hope so.

It's not just Xiaomi. It affected a lot of brands, especially those with factories in red zones in India. The Redmi Note 8 is still a good buy but if you can get a Redmi Note 8 Pro for cheap, you won't be missing out on much.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
fibonacci2526:

You are really being unrealistic with this pricing. Even before the naira crumbled, the launch price was around $200 which translates to ₦72000. Now you have not added other costs they will incur,these people have staff to pay and other over head costs. Let's be realistic pls.

Considering our economy, they could have given us the Redmi Note 9 instead of the Redmi Note 9s. The Note 9 launched at $140 for the 4/64gb version.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

It's not just Xiaomi. It affected a lot of brands, especially those with factories in red zones in India. The Redmi Note 8 is still a good buy but if you can get a Redmi Note 8 Pro for cheap, you won't be missing out on much.

I use the Note 7 currently, so Note 8 isn't much of an upgrade. I'm thinking of getting the MI9t or Realme X2. I'll most likely go for the MI9t, given that I can easily get it from one our sellers here.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Mustiboy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

Realme phones aren't cheap internationally, X2 is above 100k for new one on Aliexpress
I know that. For an Amoled panel and SD730G, it's worth it, though I slightly prefer the MI9T
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by bastien: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

where can I get the realme x2 and how much is it, I pity for Xiaomi for this their greed.... Major reason why I like Xiaomi is there imcloud.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Nellsworld(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
bastien:
where can I get the realme x2 and how much is it, I pity for Xiaomi for this their greed.... Major reason why I like Xiaomi is there imcloud.
Bros its not greed, X2 is not cheap, you can check aliexpress, its above 100k, our naira just depreciated and the covid 19 also affected price globally

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

I use the Note 7 currently, so Note 8 isn't much of an upgrade. I'm thinking of getting the MI9t or Realme X2. I'll most likely go for the MI9t, given that I can easily get it from one our sellers here.

Those are both solid offerings.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by bastien: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

Bros its not greed, X2 is not cheap, you can check aliexpress, its above 100k, our naira just depreciated and the covid 19 also affected price globally
we understand dollar to naira issues, but trust me Nigerians marketers will do anything to inflate price and term it was pandemic or naira falling... Check slot, even the phones at stock all hiked in price.

Those phone doesn't worth that price, be it price depreciation, if only all Nigerians will join me and backslide feom purchasing the phone for now.

They know we all still gonna buy no matter the price range, go on twitter and see how people are complaining or their fb page.
Re: Xiaomi!..you Disappointed Me!.. by Crownedjon: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
edoairways:
@NikeMi1 the devaluation of naira is responsible for such hike ,this isn't perculiar to xiaomi alone
for the first time am liking your comment even for being reasonable...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Mid-range Phone Has The Best Camera? / Say Bye Bye To Bank Network Downtime And Charges... / Top 10 Used Middle Class Phones Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.